It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about to turn 30.....getting very depressed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
You guys and gals are babies compared to me. Premies at that!:w:

I ain't telling ya my age, cause it's none of your Bees Wax.

I can skip and do the Charleston! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about....

"Beeswax"? That's telling.

BTW, I'm old enough to know what the Charleston is. I'm guessing you're 142. Just kidding.
The Charleston is a little before my time but I've been know to Jive.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ha! We learned the charleston in dance class in high school. Also the Black Bottom, the Lindy Hop and the Foxtrot.

You're only as old as you dance.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So what does it mean if I can still moonwalk?:shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Lol. The 30's are awesome. I had a ball, and now even 40's are fun.

Its only depressing if you waste it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its all good Boondock. Your age is only what you make of it. If you will yourself into feeling old, then you'll just end up feeling worse. It sounds like you have a wonderful family, just be thankful for what you have and enjoy life.

I am about to turn 28 here in a month or so, and the 30's are pretty scary to me, but 30's the new 20 right?

Enjoy it man, you only live life once. No sense in worrying about what lies ahead. Embrace it and move forward.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Its fall and EVERYONE is depressed now. Its crazy on all the people i am talking to that are depressed. Just dont try to feel like this 'isn't normal'. You are still really young, and time goes by alot faster when you get older. Just like by this saying:

"If everyone threw their problems into the middle of the room, you would go back and pick up your own"

I dunno man, if I could change any one of my problems for a problem like "I've got too much money and free time and I don't know what to do with myself..." I definately would.

For sure.

I will take that problem off your hands...oh yeah.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
plus my body is changing more....along with the back pain for 10 years, i eyes are going downhill. i have to go this weekend to get an exam and i am gonna need glasses.
i can't see certain things anymore....

last night i asked my wife if the clock on our cable box said 8:11 or 8:17 cause i couldn't tell. she asked me what did i think and i said 8:11 and it was really 8:17....when it turned 8:18 i could see that just fine...

when i am driving sometimes i lose the lines in front of me....
i try not to drive at night anymore...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

BTW, I'm old enough to know what the Charleston is. I'm guessing you're 142. Just kidding. The Charleston is a little before my time but I've been know to Jive.

Dang! Intrepid you *Super Mods* on Right on it!

I had good vision, until those
BRIGHT STAR-LIKE UFO'S showed up ALL OF A SUDDEN in 1995! Probably shouldn't of looked directly at 'em.

I can moonwalk too, that's not old.

Boondock I've got reading glasses in every room. No Biggie! You have A LOT MORE then most. A wonderful wife, a roof over your head and youth. You have Lot's of time to heal with a *POSITIVE ATTUTIDE*. NEGATIVITY will only drag you down and spread to others and you don't want that.

Don't misunderstand me please. I know things have changed. The Media and Pharmaceuticals Companies are constantly Shoving Things, down your throats! From Restless leg syndrome to 'Don't Worry, Be Happy!' from Paxil to Zoloft! It seems all the news is Negative, like *they* want a more controlled society. Take your pills and be nice boys& girls.
Turn it OFF! Take time to enjoy nature with your family and friends. You might try a Punching Bag.

I'm done!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Must suck for you guys to be that old.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

If you are ever in florida, I would be happy to give you a session of healing... I would not charge you any money, nor ask anything from you...

What exactly is this "session of healing" you're talking about.

Sounds like it could be fun.

P.S. I hope you're not a man.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the idea of getting old sucks (I'm only 19 so i don't have to worry yet).

But yeah, I can't even imagine myself as an old man. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care to live past 40. It's Not because I don't love life. I actually enjoy life a lot. It's mostly because I can't imagine myself as an weak senile old man. :shk:

It's funny how most of you fear death, i don't fear it at all, i fear old age more.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

40? UH... OHH!

Dang...the light is blinking in the palm of my hand.

Gotta hide from Logan now.

I didn't take up track'n field running for nothing!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I know it sounds young, but by that age i should have already accomplished everything I'll ever want to accomplish.

Yeah but I don't know if I'd want to live past 50, looks like I only got 21 years left. That's if I don't croak in a car accident or something like that before.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Humble? I wouldn't worry bout that...

I definately want to be old and crispy! I want to be a nuisance to my great grand kids!

I hope they have R.P.G's in the future! Love them games. Oh yeah...'that's the ticket baby'...lololol

A nice cold beer on my granny t.v. tray, game console paddle on my lap, horking bucket when I start drooling! lolol

Life is sooooooooo beautiful!!!

(You hear that future grand kiddies? When you start looking up the ATS archives and come across this, concider it manditory to do these things for your dear crispy grammy!)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

I definately want to be old and crispy! I want to be a nuisance to my great grand kids!

I hope they have R.P.G's in the future! Love them games. Oh yeah...'that's the ticket baby'...lololol

A nice cold beer on my granny t.v. tray, game console paddle on my lap, horking bucket when I start drooling! lolol

Ducky, it sounds like you would be the coolest grandma of all time. You gotta show them Final Fantasy VII.

P.S. don't forget your diapers, mothballs and denture cream.

Life is sooooooooo beautiful!!!

Can't disagree with that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Awwwwww crap...forgot about the diaper thingys!!!

How bout I just cut to the chase and cut a hole out in the seat, and place a bucket underneath?

Boon? 30 years old? Bahhhhhh, your a young pup! lolol... kiddin ya man!

One of my favorite comediens is Ol' Georgie. You HAVE to read this:

George Carlin's view on Aging!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thehumbleone say's

Must suck for you guys to be that old.

Doesn't suck at all......it's what you make of it. I can't stand being around Old Flatus's who complain, about their every ache & pain. You know the one's who immediately get those hum-a-rounds cause they're just to Damn Lazy to walk! Again the media tells 'em "If you're on Medicare and you get turned down. We'll give you one FREE!"

I was your age once kid and thought the same way. I gotta admit most old people are boring. Complaining sooooo much, about finances all the time & all their ailments. No wonder their kids take off.

You only have one lifetime & it's impossible to learn it all. Don't cut yourself short.
A positive attitude.....it's all in *the mind*. People will enjoy being around you.
Negativity only encourages distance and possible loss of a loved one.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

But yeah, I can't even imagine myself as an old man. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care to live past 40. It's Not because I don't love life. I actually enjoy life a lot. It's mostly because I can't imagine myself as an weak senile old man. :shk:

It's funny how most of you fear death, i don't fear it at all, i fear old age more.

I never could imagine myself as "an old man" either Humble, but guess what when you hit 30 then 50 seems old, when you hit 40 then 60 seems old, at this rate i am never going to feel old, the goal posts keep changing.

As far as 40 being "senile and weak", i still go and see Metal bands at least once a month, i still get up front and personal in the mosh pit, i still give as good as i get, if im sore for 2 days after i guarantee the guy next to me is also going to be sore!
Its easy to say now that you wouldnt want to live past 40 but you will be amazed how quickly that will change with perspective.
Please read this, dont take it the wrong way, i just want to point out that what weve got is precious and sadly there are some who would have gladly lived past 40.

mojo

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the idea of getting old sucks (I'm only 19 so i don't have to worry yet).

But yeah, I can't even imagine myself as an old man. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care to live past 40. It's Not because I don't love life. I actually enjoy life a lot.

I hear you man. I was the same at your age. I lived life fast and hard. I'd go into more detail but it's against the T&C.

It's mostly because I can't imagine myself as an weak senile old man. :shk:

Dude, I'm 5 years past your target, that makes me 45. I'd whip you in an arm wrestle or kick your butt if it got to that point and I'll debate anyone at any time on any topic. So much for "weak, senile old man."

Nope, don't fear death at all. About the only thing I fear is constant boredom. I might WISH for death if life got to that point.

Edit to add: And I'd still be drinking many hours after you had passed out.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe all you old guys are right , maybe I'm just too young to realize what I was saying.

Glad to know you guys had similar thoughts when you were my age. Maybe getting old isn't so bad, as long as I stay healthy in my old age.

Mojo, Intrepid, I agree that forties isn't even that old, maybe it's how you look at it that matters. Age is only a number anyways right?

Mojo, sorry to hear about your friend, that was an inspiring story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join