It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about to turn 30.....getting very depressed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

What i would like to be able to do is be 19 again, but knowing what i know now. Man that would be FUN.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You got it HO. Age is just a number. It's how you use the numbers. It wasn't so much that I didn't want to see 40, with my lifestyle I didn't think I would have seen 30. Fortunately I became a parent and THAT saved my life. I don't do a LOT that I did before but I'm still 20, in my own head. That means I can enjoy listening to Sabbath AND Billy Talent. I'm looking forward to 50, then I can save money on my insurance with Grey Power.
Downside? My 13 yo daughter thinks it's icky that my comp. wallpaper is Lindsey Lohan. Hey, She's 21, and living the life that I once did.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Old age is not for Wimps!

Having said that, I'm partying like it's 2012, and will be for the next 10 years...er, well at least the next 5 years.

My recipe:
Get up early every morning and do some kind of fun exercise (I ride my bike).

Do something constructive during the day, even if it's keeping a journal.

Have a brisk walk in the evening or ride again. Work hard, go to bed tired and do that everyday and you'll look back and be content.

I'd have to say that I'm even better now than I was right out of college.

The main thing is never give up and slack. If you do live a long life you'll look back and be glad you kept up the fight!

If you do have an injury, find a way to work around it. As an example, check out this guy:

Unbreakable

My motto: Today, ass was kicked and I was there.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

For some reason it didnt really bother me when i turned 30 but on my last birthday, i turned 38 and that seemed to put me in a mild depression, for a couple of months anyway.
I'm over it now, cant dwell on things that we have no control of, especially nature but it is hard not to let it bother you at least a little bit.
I am REALLY not looking forward to hitting 40 in about 18 months but what is really cool but sometimes irritating is I look a lot younger, especially when I go to buy cigarettes (yes i know, its a horrible habit.)
Reason for that is because I very rarely have my license on me, it is usually left on the table or in the console of my truck, I have a wallet but never carry it either.
So Ill go to the store to buy smokes, ill have my 13 year old son right next to me but they will still ask me for ID.. If I have it on me, its no problem but if i dont have it and they refuse to sell them to me, i get quite irritated
because that means that i have to go to another store and stand in another line.. makes me really want to
the clerk..
haha, i love the emoticons on this side of the board, i have never ventured into BTS, until today lol..
Anyway, dont worry, with age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes even more respect.. If i dont remember this post or you on your b-day then happy b-day..

I dont drink but heres a toast to you...

peace

[edit on 9/20/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Thank you! Now I don't feel so alone...I get asked for ID at the beer store,and liquor store all the time....annoying when you are 36...and the drinking age is 19 here.Can't relate to the cigarettes....I quit many years ago...and never started again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join