It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA must go!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
If I adopted the attitudes you seem to display then none of you would have any problems with me walking into your house, kicking you out, possibly slaughtering your immediate family in the process and then handing control of the place over to someone I know.

You're country was doing that LONG before mine did. My country is a direct result of your country doing that. Like father like son.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
You're country was doing that LONG before mine did. My country is a direct result of your country doing that. Like father like son.

Yep. Not going to argue with that.

Now answer the question I asked.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The charity the U.S. provides is not justification for going into Iraq. Did everyone forget who lead that country before the U.S. along with British forces removed him? This was a man that tested nerve gas on his people and put people through wood chippers, feet first if he did not like you. You can say Bush lied but the British went along with it. Does the British not have its own Intel?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Now answer the question I asked.

Well, I wasn't one of the posters you directed the question to. I never said anything about our charitable contributions, nor did I say I agree with the war and occupation in Iraq. If you look back on my posts, you'll see that I too agree that things are f-ed up and need to be changed, I'm just not that good at coming up with ideas so as soon as somebody has a good one, I'll back them up. What I have a problem with is the generalization of my country done by those looking down their nose at us, who have a history of doing the EXACT same things they are faulting us for. And even you cannot disagree.

But to answer your question, no, I don't think it would be okay for you to invade somebody's home if there was no reason. However, if you were a police officer, and somebody in that home was unstable and making weapons that would endanger the neighbors, or they were abusing women or children in that home, I would say it is justified. Don't take that as a reference to Iraq, in which we were lied to about WMD's, there are plenty of countries that need to be invaded more than Iraq did.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The charity the U.S. provides is not justification for going into Iraq.

No its not, and thats my point.

And yet it appears to be being used as such by some posters.

BTW, the US invaded Iraq on the questionable grounds of a legal opinion about a possible breach of resolution 1441 to do with weapons of mass destruction, not because of Saddam Husseins human rights record, so while I understand what you are saying, its irrelevant to the point I'm making, although I could argue that the fictional me in my analogy thought that you beat your wife and might want to kill me at some point.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What I have a problem with is the generalization of my country done by those looking down their nose at us, who have a history of doing the EXACT same things they are faulting us for. And even you cannot disagree.

Your right to a certain degree. As I said earlier, I don't agree with the "USA must go" concept as a whole.

But..... You are in the spotlight. Right now the US is Britney Spears. Everyone loved you up to a point and recently you've been running about getting pissed up and wearing no knickers, and a lot of folks don't like it much.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

But..... You are in the spotlight. Right now the US is Britney Spears. Everyone loved you up to a point and recently you've been running about getting pissed up and wearing no knickers, and a lot of folks don't like it much.

And therein lies the problem. You are saying "you" and that's what puts those of us who would agree with you on the defensive. My government is Britney, not me. And your government is partying right along with her my friend.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I never stated the U.S. went to Iraq because of Saddam's "people skills". Everyone says Iraq was better off with him in power. That is like saying there is gang in our neighborhood that robs, rapes, and kills but we won't try to remove them because of the chaos that would follow. What kind of bone-headed sense does that make? Reward a murderous dictator?
Back to my point, I think I asked you did England not follow our lead into Iraq and if so under what Intel did the British use?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And therein lies the problem. You are saying "you" and that's what puts those of us who would agree with you on the defensive. My government is Britney, not me. And your government is partying right along with her my friend.

Fair comment
I was generalising.

I guess that makes us Brits Paris Hilton. Now theres a scary thought.....

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
What kind of bone-headed sense does that make? Reward a murderous dictator?

The US had no problems in doing just that in the 80's did it?

Back to my point, I think I asked you did England not follow our lead into Iraq and if so under what Intel did the British use?

Yes we did. On back of a dodgy dossier of information that the Blair government scaremongered an awful lot of people into believing.

But just because we followed, doesn't make it right, does it?

[edit on 20/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No it doesn't but how fair is it to point the finger at us? We are the bad guy but we are not the only country in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Fair comment
I was generalising.

I guess that makes us Brits Paris Hilton. Now theres a scary thought.....

Yeah, pretty scary, lol. But now that we're past the generalizing, my personal view is that war and death is terrible, and it sucks that we live on such a hostile planet and are a species that has embraced war and conquering since the very beginning. If it were up to me, there would be no countries, no organized religion, or anything else people in power use to divide us and make us hate one another. But again, my ADD makes it nearly impossible to form a good plan, and as soon as somebody who is better at planning comes up with a way to achieve that, I'm there. Until then, sadly, there will continue to be war and violence all over the world. Imagine if everybody in the world worked together to improve the quality of life for ALL, we would probably already be so advanced that we would have cities on the moon. But we continue to be divided intentionally, this thread is a sad example of that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So you believe your government's propaganda then Gorman91? You actually believe the U.S. government is working to encourage peace? Do you know how much money their contractors (such as Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Blackwater etc..) would lose by them not going to war? Do you know how much money the international bankers won't be able to lend out because countries wouldn't need to borrow money to buy weapons?

That is unacceptable!!!

Big countries don't go to war to keep the peace. They go to war because there is business to be done and MAJOR money to be made in war.

Actually, I think that we are working for peace, but a few extra bucks also. You see, if we look like we are working for peace, and succeed, then everyone loves us. But we aren't. I think the war is over anyway. without black water, there's no more money coming out of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Thanks for the post, and yes, this Alien intrusion happened so long ago that we have evolved for years after the initial intrusion that was represented by the painting of micheal angelo in the sistine chapel. The white man is Adam. Not the first. Therefore, the bloodline of of the Royal family is the blood of the Nordic, or as Hitler called it the Aryan. Rome, the Vatican, the Nazi's and English royalty all have to do with this DNA strand that was infused so many years ago. How can I feel bad about talking about this, when Princess Diana was killed for mingling with arabic men?

The Nazi war machine were the new templars. The new military for the one world govt. England demanded that germanism be terminated, but not the military. The US recieved the baton when our scientists were shown how to fuse by splittin the atom.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All though I live in the USA, I agree with some of your statements.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Denial should not set in just because we are Americans. In fact, land is irrelevent, because one govt controls all. America is the world police because it's the kids that grow up in my city and other american ones that are risking their lives for the alien agenda. But these american soldiers fight for Halliburton and Apple, etc. Not to defend our land. Big difference.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
Greetings
I live in europe and USA used to be my dream country. FaxMachine

Hopefully one day Fax it will again. Don't give up on us yet. Right now though you should stay there for the time being.

And to chia pet it won't kill you to be curtious to other people. We do live on the same planet you know.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
Greetings

I live in europe and USA used to be my dream country. I always was envisioning my self living in the America, and i live in scandinavia that has the same living standards than USA. After 2001 i started to watch politics and actions of Americans and the current administration, i was discusted.

Today USA and part of europe acts like school yard bullies with NO rules except their own. Attacking innocent countries killing millions for profit, i have really really started to hate USA and part of europe. Now they are threathening Iran because they might develop nuclear weapons, and they don't have the right to do so.

If USA owns nuclear weapons, why couldent Iran have them? What gives permission for USA to have them if Iran cannot? I would understand this if every country would agree to dismantel all nuclear weapons, then it would be justified. Now USA has nuclear weapons and they have no right to stop Iran for having them, i don't care if Hitler was running Iran they still have NO RIGHT! This is attitude is the sole reason why world is not working.

I don't hate american people, i just wonder what are they thinking? If this would happen in my country, there would be revolution in no time. Actually there has been one not so long ago!

I would like to open a discussion where we would talk about this, why can't Iran have what USA has? It's unfair, no matter how crazy people live in Iran. If war breaks i will support the other side that was not the aggressor. I think most americans should do some self studying, i really do!

FaxMachine

i like it man good work u are right about everything y should thay not have it some people say iranians are crazy look @ gw bush he is #ing mental

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The USA has done some pretty cool things in the past... Just look at there history.

When you have a great country turning bad, you don't say "Oh NOES this country has to go". What you do is, you FIX it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Your grandfather was probably a noble man, and he helped do a great deed. The sad part is that the allied soldiers didn't know that their own people did shady dealings with the Nazi's.

This kind of answer - no, thought process - is naive and very sad because it ignores reality to try to stand on principal, or to make a point. Would it make sense to say that because Ford sold cars to the nazis, etc. that we should have said, "OK, Hitler, we're not going to try and stop you. You win the world by default because we don't approve of what some corporations have done"? So, what should the allied soldiers have done upon learning of these "shady dealings", throw down their weapons and surrender? No, of course they had to fight the evil that was nazism (or imperial japan) regardless of what Ford, or any other company did.

Yes, her grandfather was a noble man. If for nothing more than to make it possible for people to exist today that can think without fear, without a sense of history or logic. That can think something like, "Oh we haven't had a war that touched my homeland since before I was born, so let's go talk peace and grow flowers and pretend that if it had just been up to us(them), none of this ugliness would have ever happened ...".

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join