It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA must go!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
So, lose your holier than thou attitude about war. After all, you've been at it for much longer than we have.

No joke. They must forget that our country wouldn't even exist if it weren't for British imperialism...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
that guy with the roman soldier or greek soldier (not sure) as his icon... America is selfish. Why should the rest of the world suffer, and we get to enjoy our spoils? If the world ends because of us, nobody will apreciate anything that anyone has done and likewise nobody will suffer, because we'll all be dead. I guess that's one way to solve the problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Right, but it's obvious you never did anything but look at my avatar. Try reading what I wrote if you really want to, as you claim, understand us.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
we should make a deal with Europe, we'll get out of Iraq and not Bomb Iran, just pay the US restitution for WW1 and WW2, pay us all the money hardware a blood shed we spent and lost, and we'll pull out... How does that sound????????????

If the USA is in it just for the money ( oil) then you should be willing to pay a couple 100 billion to get us out right? it's all about the money after all right?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'll try it one more time.

The U.S.A. doesn't have to go at all. It's policy should change to serve the people and not the big bankers and corporations. At the moment it does not serve the people. Europe is the same, but more subtle.

Too many atrocities have been committed (Guatemala coup, Apartheid in South Africa, Economic Hitmen and coups to place corporate friendly dictators, slavery) in third world countries in the name of profits for western corporations.

It just has to stop, and and more fair policies have to be implemented. But for that to happen, Rothschild, Rockefeller, and the rest of the elite who are really in power have got to go.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

Oh boy, another Euro-trash turd who doesn't realize the world he lives in. Get this kid, Iran WANTS to use nukes, we do not. Iran WANTS war, we do not (at least the masses don't). Take this example, would you let a convicted killer have a gun, or a normal Joe? Who would you trust more with it?

In any case, you'll get your wish in about 3 years when the US collapses from internal and external stresses. But what you don't get, is you'll be next. Without a US to bother helping Europe, the Asians are going to kill you. Russia hates Europe, China wants money, and without the US to make economic money on, they'll have to "lose" a few million in a war. Iran would also love to rebuild the Persian Empire (that includes most of South East Europe)

But guess what, America will rise from her ashes like a Phoenix, and thus take form in a new nation, which will do it's part in helping you Euro idiots get un-conquered once again.

Silly Euros, Peace is for kids, and the rest of the would aren't kids.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

If what you say is true, then my response simply changes to "lose your holier than thou attitude about war since your banks and corporations have been at it far longer than we have."

So, bottom line, what's the difference? Anyone reading either version of what I wrote knows that the countries of all these U.S-hating blatherers have way more blood on their hands for way more years than the U.S.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Which country doesn't have blood on their hands Centurion??

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
-there is no point to this. FaxMachine, you have the right idea about America. You have the right idea about Americans (in general). These people who try to state that you are wrong, except for a few more logical people who have said some things I agree with and I'm sure you do too, are like silly sports team fans. That's how I view patriotism. Ir's a silly sports game to those at the top, and they've got billions of people pitted against each other on several different opposing teams. No matter who wins, though, the ones at the top are getting paid. Only difference is that the players are innocent peope who blindly die for their chosen team. But the argument we are having between europeans and americans and those who dont chose a side is the same. One side says you suck, the other side says no you suck, and the ones not involved are saying "dude sports(war and politics) is stupid."

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It just has to stop, and and more fair policies have to be implemented. But for that to happen, Rothschild, Rockefeller, and the rest of the elite who are really in power have got to go.

There's something we can ALL agree on, and it would serve quite a few on this board much better to post along those lines, as opposed to "why the world hates America" garbage. Because it puts any of us with any pride in our country at all on the defense immediately and kills any meaningful discussion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
so why is anyone arguing? All of your "teams" suck! They are ALL in it for the money, and the ones who are playing for the love of the game are kidding themselves. It's all a giant elite sized game. If people can't see that, it's really sad.
Like I've said a million times, just because I say your team sucks, doesn't mean you suck. I live near chicago, so I'm used to "my" team being insulted.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Now I believe you're starting to get it. The countries of all these anti-US posters have been causing way more blood to be shed for profit, greed, etc. for a much longer period of time than the U.S. So, by definition, what they are saying is nothing but total hypocrisy.

As a previous poster said, if it's - as you say - all about the money, simply pay the U.S. off and you can have your "peace".

Of course, I never thought it was all about the money ...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
But the argument we are having between europeans and americans and those who dont chose a side is the same. One side says you suck, the other side says no you suck, and the ones not involved are saying "dude sports(war and politics) is stupid."

No, we are saying that your assessment of America and Americans is naive, unfair and one-sided.

Also, you want to know why Americans don't want to know the reason you hate us - as if we don't?

Do you want to know the reason why we look upon Europeans such as yourself as narcissistic, naive, and ungrateful? You do really want to know, right?

[edit on 9/19/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Now I believe you're starting to get it. The countries of all these anti-US posters have been causing way more blood to be shed for profit, greed, etc. for a much longer period of time than the U.S. So, by definition, what they are saying is nothing but total hypocrisy.

As a previous poster said, if it's - as you say - all about the money, simply pay the U.S. off and you can have your "peace".

Of course, I never thought it was all about the money ...

What war isn't all about the money? The only one I can think of would be the revolution and WW2, but even they had their money.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Word of advice friend: Don't come here, were not the best country in the world anymore. Were hypocrites, and the incompenants and sutpidity of the people is growing. One of these days i'd like to go up to canada or maybe some place in europe. One day i'll be free.

Please don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Buh bye.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I said I never believed war was all about the money. There are other reasons for war, as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
Now USA has nuclear weapons and they have no right to stop Iran for having them, i don't care if Hitler was running Iran they still have NO RIGHT! This is attitude is the sole reason why world is not working.

Take heart. We will have a new President and a whole new set of problems shortly.

When I was young and worried about world affairs, one of my early Mentor's handed me a Quarter and asked me "how many sides of a coin are there?" I of course said two and he told me to keep the Quarter and study it and give him the correct answer later. What I found was this Quarter had facets on the edge. It in fact had so many sides I stopped counting them half way around and told him "too many to count easily". He smiled and said "now you are getting it". That coin is the world.

Your perspective on the world is one point of view of many possible much like the sides of that Quarter. Each point of view being unique and in a state of constant change due to the constantly changing environment.

From my point of view, I see Iran as a threat because of the statements made by Ahmadinejad and others of his ilk. I see a country stuck in the Dark Ages, controlled by a repressive regime of Radical Muslim Fundamentalist with the iron fist of Sharia Law. I see a country who's leaders actively support Terrorist Organizations who practice atrocities such as strapping bombs to their own children and sending them to blow up purposefully targeted, Innocent Civilians. I see a country who's leadership openly oppresses Women.

In fact last night I watched a tape that was smuggled out of Iran by a member of the opposition movement. On it two Women were stoned to death. Something my Western Sensibilities won't allow me to accept. I can not imagine the Evil that leads to that kind of atrocity. I can not imagine a people so oppressed they allow this to happen willingly, but they do. From their point of view this is acceptable in their society as they see Women as less than Human. In the tape the crowd was acting as though they were watching a sporting event. Needless to say it made me want to vomit. To them it was life as usual. Their side of the coin is clearly different from mine.

I personally would rather NO COUNTRY have Nuclear Weapons. The Nuclear Genie is out of the bottle though and common sense tells me it can not be put back. Our only hope is to limit who has it to Countries who hopefully have the sense to use them as deterrents rather than as part of their overall strategy.

The US could have taken over Iraq in a day or two had that been our goal and acceptable to our senses. I'm sure the world is fully aware of that. We have the weapons to easily do that. Instead of that, to limit the impact on Civilians, we sacrificed and continue to sacrifice our own Soldiers even though we could win this in a couple of days at any time we wish. This tells me that I would far rather the US and like minded countries have control of the Nuclear Genie.

I think a society that puts as little value on Human Life as Iran does, should not have Nuclear Weapons. It would be absolute lunacy to allow that to happen. You could say it is lunacy for any country to have Nuclear Weapons and you would be right but that is not the world we live in.

We live in a dangerous world were a large part of the population is centuries behind in societal development but have access to modern technology. Technology their societies are not prepared to deal with. A country ruled by a Radical Religion that places no value on individual life CAN NOT be allowed to have weapons that powerful. It would be utter madness to allow it to happen. It is already a travesty that Pakistan has such weapons and I think that is the country that should have you shaking in your boots.

The US is not the "sole reason the world is not working". Any influence we have on the world was welcomed with open arms by the rest of the world. We offer our goods or services for sale and others either buy it or not. One only need to look at our Trade Deficit to see that we in fact are indispensable as consumers of other countries products and services. Should we apologize for our success? Of course not. The rest of the world is far older than the US and had more opportunity to develop than we have had. So when they failed to do so, they blame us? All we did is give our people and businesses the opportunity to grow in a friendly environment free of the Dictatorial control of State Churches or Monarchies and it worked.

How bad off is the world?

Life expectancy is at an all time high.

Technology is developing at an exponential rate.

Diseases are being eradicated one after another.

Child mortality rates are far lower than in any time in history.

More of the world has access to adequate food supplies than ever in history.

People in Third World Countries are gaining access to an education and a way to pull themselves out of the Dark Ages.

More and more countries are realizing the advantages of a Free and Democratic Society and all that comes with it.

Evil people can now be tracked down worldwide and stopped from harming the innocent victims they once stalked without fear of reprisal.

Not such a bad world compared to just a few decades ago. One evil Dictator in a place like Iran could destroy all that with access to Nuclear Weapons.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Quoting Brad Pitt's Achilles character in one of the opening scenes from the movie "Troy":

"Is there no one else?"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Excellent post, Blaine. You hit a home run with that one. Clear, concise, logical and true to the last word.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yep, I cannot see how people support Iran's military want with the words coming out of them. It's laughable at best to say "Hitler deserves war machines just as much as the US does". Good God! How ignorant.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join