It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngardner1
Current reports is that it's a fallen spy sattelite, it was one of ours and the govt destroyed it

Read the BBC news article and watch the nifty little video. Or, just read the post directly above yours.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngardner1
Current reports is that it's a fallen spy sattelite, it was one of ours and the govt destroyed it

Could you post snippets or a link from the source you got this from? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

LIMA, Peru - Peruvian astronomers say evidence shows a meteorite crashed near Lake Titicaca over the weekend, leaving an elliptical crater and magnetic rock fragments in an impact powerful enough to register on seismic charts.
Source

Seems like all the stories are basically the same, or at least have the same elements. I wonder how long before we get the final answer?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Why did the government destroy it? Maybe to lie and place the blame elsewhere? Who knows...anyhow, here's some more info and another link..

Most astonishing about these reports, however, are that they state that it was the Americans themselves who destroyed their own spy satellite with the attack upon it being made by the United States Air Forces' 30th Space Wing located at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

Source Linky

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by synappz
Why did the government destroy it? Maybe to lie and place the blame elsewhere? Who knows...anyhow, here's some more info and another link..

According to rumors, there is a power struggle within the government (or shadow government) where some wants to push for a war, others do not.

Its quite alarming that they were going to use a nuclear weapon first strike on Iran, killing millions of civilians in pure terrorism.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
First of all I thought a sattelite wouldn't make that nice big round hole. But the mass of the kh-13 is / was approximately 40, 000 pounds. Massive enough to remain intact during re-entry and blast a crater 60 feet wide by 13 feet deep.

They say meteors are cold when they hit, so how could the water boil?

Well the sattelite is/ was also nuclear powered, which would explain the heat/boiling water and radiation sickness.

Witnesses thought it was man-made.. (they say they say they say..)

Sattelites that are 'expired' on purpose are usually brought down over the ocean, which would explain why it got taken away promptly. Although they usually warn the media in advance.. but they didnt, so maybe they want us to believe it was a meteor.. or just dont care what we think.

I think all evidence is pointing toward a sattelite.....

freeworldsurvey.blogspot.com...

Since it is well known that this administration wants to pre-emptively attack Iran against the recommendations of top brass in the Pentagon it is no stretch to surmise that there are opposing factions between the present administration and the military. The US military has few nuclear powered satellites, and fewer yet that might play a role in any pre-emptive strike against Iran.

KH-13

edit to remove an extra 'paranoid thought'

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Could it be a possibility that this is a massive Hoax? Some scientists claim that there is no evidence that a meteorite impacted and i found this interesting..Space.com...

Pictures of the crater show that the hole in the ground appears fresh, Grossman said, and the debris strewn around it is consistent with a meteorite impact but also could have been caused by digging.

Could the locals have dug this hole themselves and faked the illnesses? I read elsewhere that local 'peasants' were ill so it is obviously a poor area. All this media attention would be welcome and give them a chance to be noticed and maybe get some money into their village?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

A good theory but many sources have reported that no radiation was detected in the area.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I like your villager hoax theory too
never thought of that one.

But also... just because they say there was no radiation, doesnt mean there wasnt, seeing as the 'supposed' illness symptoms are that of radiation.. ?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Among the cells that are most sensitive to radiation are those that line the intestine (crypt cells), white blood cells that fight infection and the cells that make red and white blood cells. The impact on these cells leads to the classic early symptoms of radiation sickness.

For instance, damage to the intestine cells stimulates nausea, vomiting and dehydratation.

Radiation penetrates the body and is wholly or partially absorbed by soft and hard tissue.

Radioactive fallout in the form of particulate matter can be swallowed or breathed in.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Doubt it, ive always got the impression that most peasants really dont want any outside attention or interference..

peasant: Hey guys, lets dig a hole about 15 feet deep and 70 feet wide. we can claim a meteorite hit here and gain some outside attention..
Id think theyd have something better to do than hand dig a hole that big, like maybe tend their farms and sheep..

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Lol! I suppose you have a point there. However we don't know what the standard of life in the village is. So it can't be ruled out.

The radiation sickness does seem to fit and I suppose that if that was what it was then the government would do everything in it's power to hide it.

Something just isn't right about any of the theories i've read so far including my own..

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Doubt it, ive always got the impression that most peasants really dont want any outside attention or interference..

peasant: Hey guys, lets dig a hole about 15 feet deep and 70 feet wide. we can claim a meteorite hit here and gain some outside attention..
Id think theyd have something better to do than hand dig a hole that big, like maybe tend their farms and sheep..

Good point, it is a very big hole to dig without machines, heck if they can do that they may be building pyramids by next week aswel

That hole is awfully nice and round.... the sattelite isnt nice and round? so I dont get it.. surely there must be bits of metal scattered all over the place?

If it was a meteor why take it away so fast, is that the norm? dont they usually seal off the area and all that? I wana see a photo of the meteor!!??

But any chunk of rock they show me now Im likely to think HA! yeah ok, sure that was it, unless they have loads of undeniable photos to prove it... even then Im still dubious.

Man... this is nuts, surely if it was a meteor they would tell us? they have been warning us of meteor strikes for years so why hold it back if it was?

Makes total sense for them to hold back if it was a satellite..

One more thing is.. they have droped enough sattelites in the past havnt they? so why would they make a mistake dropping this one over land? unless they dropped it on land on purpose.. to cause all kinda flaps and storys and ilness.. then again, I know nobodys perfect.. BUT.. computers do it! so why the mishap!? ok not that computers are perfect either! but how likely is it? all that ocean!?

Im surprised noones yet said maybe it was another crashed alien spaceship.

Hahaha... nah dont even think about it

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is the reason for sickness, it was a satellite.

www.defencetalk.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
None of it really adds up at all does it?! If it was a satellite, i bet their wold be tons of debris all over the place because it wouldn't have disintegrated.

If it was a meteorite, why the coverup

If it was a guiyser (SP) or geothermal event.. why the confusion?

Hmmm alien craft you say lol... you'r right.. lets not even go there!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine

www.defencetalk.com...

Good find! So thats it then eh... and there was me storing up an arsenal of weapons for the zombies
haha

Either way if a meteor dont wipe us out our government will be the death of us with their antique nuclear toys.

Edit to add I bet the villagers dont get no compensation either! least they could do is fill that hole in for them.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I wouldn't be so sure. Have you noticed that the source of this article is Pravda.. hardly the most reliable of sources

Original Source

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

The source of that post on defencetalk.com was from an article that was posted by synappz. (see above)

Interesting that it's coming from some Russian news site...not sure the validity of the source though.

I for one highly doubt that story of us destroying our own nuclear spy satellite...

I'd love to hear why people think we'd do that.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

--sorry fiftyfifty beat me to it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well.... It looks like you need to visit Meteor crater in Arizona. There are huge blobs all over the place that resemble cow patti's of melted rock 20 mile away from the impact area. So.. I suspect there was a lot of heat involved. Very tiny meteors may be cold but big ones most likely are very hot.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine

www.defencetalk.com...

This is a story dragged from the opinion section of Siberias "India Daily", Pravda. Pretty much why not much of it makes any sense.

Edit: Bah! Didnt see the post(s) (DANG! I need glasses) above me, I'll go do laps....

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Lost_Mind]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join