It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry B.
reply to post by Sekhemet

Well.... It looks like you need to visit Meteor crater in Arizona. There are huge blobs all over the place that resemble cow patti's of melted rock 20 mile away from the impact area. So.. I suspect there was a lot of heat involved. Very tiny meteors may be cold but big ones most likely are very hot.

Oh right. Sorry guys I rush read only part of it Im kinda busy at the moment.
Maybe I just preSume its a sattelite so I was hastey.. twat. lol

By the way Im not meteor expert

Ok I will get back here soon.

Gota go.

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I started following this thread early on.. Just some thing to consider. Meteor crater in Arizona is almost a mile wide and If I remember correctly over 800 feet deep. it was made by a meteorite the size of a bus. But it was an express bus traveling 60,000 miles per hour. Factor in how much kinetic energy that is and you can easily see how a meteorite the size of a basket ball could make the crater in peru. That also explains what happened to the meteor. Self destruction on impact. No big mystery or conspiracy. Just a meteor.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry B.

Ive also seen meteors the size of basketballs produce a very small crater, well not me personally but images of them after the fact.
Seems like whenever we get a meteor hitting someones home or car, it makes a hole thats about the same size as the rock its self..
I recall one that hit someone trunk on there car and all it did was punch a hole through the lid of the trunk, push the ass end of the car down a little and stop inside the trunk..
I realize that a car is a lot harder than the muddy area that this one hit at but still if that one was the size of a basketball and it made a hole, 15 feet deep and 70 feet wide then you would think that the one that hit the car wouldve completely destroyed the car and quite a bit of area around it..
Whoever said that it looks like a missile impact and I agree, it looks JUST like an explosive crater but if thats the case then what kind of explosive? Maybe it was a missile with some kind of bio or chemical warhead.. something made those people sick.
Im not saying that it is a missile, im just saying that it looked a lot like one..

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but i don't think there's anything in peru really worth alien involvement - unless as a possible position to begin a biological attack (i'm thinking of airborne contagens here, don't know why, but i've found a ball and i'm going to run with it.).

The area isn't good enough for a 'true' military quarantine, and judging by the amount of people whom approached the rock it may have been a targeted launch from some unknown position either outside the galaxy, or from within the asteroid belt (which could # wit the sensors we're using, if "they" were prepared to change position every so often) - my belief that it may have been targeted is the awareness of the populace there, i find it unlikely that the civilians would be aware of NASA's "threat appraisal", and as such they would provide a juicy target for dormant biological agents.

Judging by the animal entrails left at the scene, it is possible we're dealing with an organism similar to that which appeared in 'the thing', but that's just crazy speculation.

Regardless, if we don't hear anything about this in the next week or so, i'm going to start worrying.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There's a *lot* of variability in the characteristics of meteor strikes and the largest factor in the kinetic energy delivered at impact is the velocity (actually the square of the velocity). At the altitude of this impact the object has passed through about 2 miles less atmosphere than a sea level site so the velocity is correspondingly less affected by atmospheric resistance. It still would have been much larger before it entered the atmosphere and the starting velocity relative to the earth's motion could have been anything at all so the size estimates are just that (estimates).

[edit on 21/9/2007 by Pilgrum]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its the war machine and Buffett:

Spy Sat down

When did this happen, who..

Pres under armed guard from or to the 9/11 WTC assault control center?

Americas War Leaders and Military Forces at odd.... I should think so
after that Shock and Awe FOOL that new nothing about defence or running
a war.

The entire administration knew nothing about national security...hence all
the new Homeland/national security measures.

What better grade to that bunch than a big fat F.

Tased out.

ED: another Tesla invention to catch hell with the NWO

[edit on 9/21/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I didn't think there was any radiation detected, it was one of the thigns they ruled out. It would have been as simple as using a geiger counter, the Pu-238 is radioactive and would have been detected at some level.

Also, Satellites in orbit don't just fall down like that. If it was "shot" by something then it would have been smashed into many smaller fragments or at least some, and so the bits would either orbit, or drop. As it would be in smaller peices it could burn up, and there's should have been either more fireballs witnessed, or more than one crater (could have been miles away though). But there hasn't been any radiation found.

I think that similar illnesses could have come from a meteorite.
For example, meteorites can contain heavy metal elements, such as nickel. These can cause illness (i think they can cause headaches and similar symptoms). The SMELL does not have to be directly related to the illness.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just caught this on Google News, the test results are in and they are saying that the illness was caused by the meteor's hot surface coming into contact with an arsenic tainted underground water supply which created a column of steam.

The article says that arsenic laden water deposits of that kind are not uncommon in that area.

Here's the link

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Arsenic in the water table? Whu?

I have some interesting questions regarding this incident:

- Why is NASA so sure it wasn't a meteorite? Why would they make a statement at all? And contrary to popular belief they don't have the means to track every shooting star that hits the atmosphere - keeping an eye on junk in orbit is a matter of math as much as anything else.

- Why did so many people get sick no matter what the cause? In an open area, it would take a LOT of any kind of gas to make people feel ill enough that this made world news. Not fumes, but serious amounts of gas.

- Where are these stories of luminous rocks and psychic evil cows coming from? Even Pravda is on the bandwagon for this one...

- How is this connected to Dulce?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by Larry B.

Ive also seen meteors the size of basketballs produce a very small crater, well not me personally but images of them after the fact.
Seems like whenever we get a meteor hitting someones home or car, it makes a hole thats about the same size as the rock its self..
I recall one that hit someone trunk on there car and all it did was punch a hole through the lid of the trunk, push the ass end of the car down a little and stop inside the trunk..
I realize that a car is a lot harder than the muddy area that this one hit at but still if that one was the size of a basketball and it made a hole, 15 feet deep and 70 feet wide then you would think that the one that hit the car wouldve completely destroyed the car and quite a bit of area around it..
Whoever said that it looks like a missile impact and I agree, it looks JUST like an explosive crater but if thats the case then what kind of explosive? Maybe it was a MISSILE with some kind of bio or chemical warhead.. something made those people sick.
Im not saying that it is a missile, im just saying that it looked a lot like one..

Synchronize this
I found it on my hard drive. Im not saying it was a missile either I just had to post it.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakeyjc

As you said:

I think that similar illnesses could have come from a meteorite.
For example, meteorites can contain heavy metal elements, such as nickel. These can cause illness (i think they can cause headaches and similar symptoms). The SMELL does not have to be directly related to the illness.

Just putting a lot of the dirt from the ground in the air should make people
sick. Didn't Korea use human feces to fertilize the ground.

Who knows whats in the ground in Peru.

ED:underground water supply which created a column of steam.
Just saw that, there was water in the crater hole...

[edit on 9/22/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Phil Plait supports the missile idea and he's not exactly renown for holding wild and unconventional ideas

www.badastronomy.com...

I agree it does look more like a bomb crater than an impact crater.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Okay guys, here's a different viewpoint - rather than having a solid object driving into the earth like some kind of solid matter, why not a reverse 'detachment' operation?

i'm thinking of the way space shuttles discard dead weight in an effort to reach orbit, but the other way round - using extra material to protect the inside mass from the heat of entry.

Or of course it could be the case that if something was inside the rock it used whatever was on the outside as strengthening material (closest thing we understand in these terms would be a 'bio-suit' - thereby providing organisms from different atmospheres the means to survive on earth's surface).

the official report says a lot, but when you ignore the story given to the press and think about it for yourself, an extra-terrestrial impact could provide numerous opportunities for one to test out various materials for an orbital drop (possible invasion preparation?)

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Perhaps the meteor was a huge ball of Blue Ice? I know that would make me sick.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Did you read this already.

It supposes that factions of the US forces are battling with each other!!

They conclude is about Iran. If true, this is a breakthrough event in the often referred struggle (Greer and others) in the dark and light forces (to put it simple) in the powerfactions in the US.

Russian Military Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that one of the United States most secretive spy satellites, the KH-13, targeting Iran was 'destroyed in its orbit' with its main power generator powered by the radioactive isotope Pu-238 surviving re-entry and crashing in a remote region of the South American Nation of Peru, and where hundreds are reported to be ill from radiation poisoning.

source: newsarticle PRAVDA

YOUTUBE video of the crashsite

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Pjotr]

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Pjotr]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I still have not see any proof that this was a meteor, it's been like a week and no picture of the meteor? From what i've seen so far i've come to the conclusion that this was either a human made object or a blue ice.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I read in the Russian article (link above) that the sickness is caused by radioactive isotope Pu-238 that is used as powersource for the Spy satelite KH-13.

Can somebody confirm this with solid knowledge?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i read somewhere that it's rumored to be a scud missile.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Weather balloon anyone ?

Have you considered that this could be a cover up again? What the hell, comet?.

This sounds very much like a cover up story to me.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holy Mouse
i read somewhere that it's rumored to be a scud missile.

That was the expert opinion that an extra-terrestrial object falling to earth was unlikely, that an terrestrial weapon was a much more likely cause.

However i doubt a scud would leave such a puny hole.

Chances are that those experts are under the payrole of political interest, and as such - when asked about the possibilities - have had their reports dissected and the relevant information has been presented to the media.

It's possible, but it's even more possible it is merely a cover story.

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join