It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
For the past few months now, I’ve been having freak ‘coincidences’ that I am now getting freaked out about. I started this diary after they were getting too frequent to ignore, here are the entries of little over a month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to watch the move Rush Hour 3 with a friend, we talked about the movies The Fifth Element and The Medallion, because they both have actors from Rush Hour 3 in. When I get in, both movies are on TV.

Talking to my mother about a Maniacal Depression TV show, which Stephen Fry presented. I hadn’t seen the show in about a year prior to this. When I get home, it’s on.

Browsing a 1997 issue of National Geographic I come across an article about small bath toys that were lost at sea from a container ship. The next day, I happen to go on Digg (which I hadn’t visited in months) and the top story is about these toys and there journey around the oceans.

Read on a forum about a book called Nineteen Eighty Four, when I get to college, not 15 minutes later, a copy of this book is on the table I sit at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then, there mine, what about anyone else? I think it would be good if we could make this thread a sort of diary where we can post any that we find weird, or simply ‘too good to be true’ as it were.

I’m not a religious man in any sense of the word, but there has to be something behind this! I have no idea what, but any thoughts, even religious are definitely welcome. I’ve stuck it here in the Paranormal section because I think that’s the most appropriate place for it.

Hope to see some other freak occurrences here soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hey Zanzibar, Some freaky coincidences you have had there indeed. I often wonder myself about this and think that everyone experiences this at some time or another.

The most recent one i had was actually last night, My father had hes rock music blasting in the other room for a couple of hours but i was not paying much attention to it. I got bored and decided to jump on ATS, I was reading a post about the shadow people when suddenly i heard one of hes songs go something like.... Shadows in the night. It freaked me out a bit to be honest

So are they just coincidences or is there more to it? I also would like to know.

[edit on 15/9/2007 by fearandloathing]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Cheers for the reply, that is pretty weird.

I haven't had any since I made this thread, but I find that they get me when I least expect it.

Considering there isn't much support in this thread as of it, consider this post an evil, shameless bump.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This has happened to me and those I love a lot recently.I will not post an incident at this time...but I will in future. The universe is full of syncronicity, if you notice it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Researches refer to these experiences as "Synchronicity", if you want to look that up in google. Ive had plenty and beautiful ones. Just a few weeks ago in ONE of those weeks I met 4 people at 4 different locations with 4 different reasons for the meetings....but they ALL had the same first name. No joke.

Keep writing down your experiences, that helps to notice more of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have had a lifelong "coincidence" that I cannot explain.

If a song I haven't heard in years goes through my head, sure enough, several hours or a few days later that song will be playing on the radio somewhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

Same here.Or thinking of a person I have not seen for awhile..and you bump into them, or they call.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I had something similar happen. My grandmother just recently passed away. When I was by her death bed my phone rang and played "Don't stop Believing" By Journey while I was at her side a couple of times.

When I went to the funeral I swore I turned my phone off. So right as we get to the part where they put her body to rest. I think to myself, a million things and my head is spinning and I'm upset and I wish I could be stronger. Then the damn phone rings Journey and a friend of mine who call’s once in a blue moon was calling me. So there goes the body into the grave with "don't stop believing" in the back ground as the priest is .

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Coincidences, deja vu, synchronicities... all this makes more sense if you understand the law of attraction and how string theory works.

Watch "The Secret"... they explain it pretty good there. Though it may not make much sense from a logical standpoint unless you understand string theory a bit (which of sort of an expansion on quantum theory).

It goes kinda like this: we tune ourselves to one of the infinite possible realities based on our expectations of what is real; and what we focus on the most manifests into our life (whether it be good or bad things).

Sounds far-fetched to be sure, but once you understand the mechanics it starts to make more sense and we can start to have fun with it. All these things we've passed off for years as coincidences aren't necessarily coincidences at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I often have the very same thing. Usually I will be on my way somewhere - like in the car - and randomly someone will pop into my head. When I reach the destination sure enough I will see that person. It doesnt only happen with people though, its pretty incredible and makes me slow down long enough to consider in coincidences in awe.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have a theory that the more random a source of potential situations is, the more likely it is that coincidences will occur.

Silly theory but gee it really seems to work sometimes.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hi Zanzibar, great stories and keep track of any more you get. This stuff fascinates me.I've had dozens of very similar experiences and a lot of them happen in dreams too. About 6 years ago I dreamed I was looking out of a window looking down on a garden that had a kids coupe car, surrounded by men in white suits, and a swarm of wasps. The dream then changed to myself walking along a road and meeting a girl I used to know at primary school. I asked if her name was Moira, and said I didn't recognise her because she'd dyed her hair blonde. The next day I told my sister the dream and she said she was going to phone me to see if I wanted a kids coupe car for my daughter, her friend was getting rid of one, and her friend had just had the council round to get rid of a wasp bike in their garage the day before. That night I went to my aunts wedding and noticed a woman glancing at me all night. I thought I knew her but I couldn't quite place her. Then a girl tapped me on the shoulder. It was an old friend from school who I didn't recognise because she'd dyed her hair blonde. Her name was Susan. I asked how her family were and she said her mum was "here too". She pointed her mum out, the unknown lady who'd kept looking over at me. Moira.It all reminds me of the celestine prophecy, I'm sure the first principle or whatever was to pay attention to coincidences. I haven't seen The Secret yet, but before even watching it I know that kind of stuff works. When I moved house in '98 and started on my new garden I worked out I needed at least two sq metres of turf to replace some worn areas and some chicken wire to fence off my rabbits. That same week we took some rubble to the council tip and came home with ( I'm a skip raker BTW) 2.5 strips of new turf, a roll of chicken wire and a rustic old home made bird table on pedestal. I'm convinced they were sitting there waiting for me.

top topics

join