It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt Underway After Florida Police Injured in Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not working WW.

Does he look more like a terrorist this time?

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
depends on your definition of terrorist...

btw it's being reported by WSVN7, that Department of Homeland Security BlackHawk helicopters are involved in the search.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
With the way some cops treat people these days, I wonder if it's a case of someone just getting pushed over the edge. The dude supposedly had no criminal record. But why would he be carrying an AK47? Not that they're illegal, but unless you plan on going deer hunting it would seem more likely to have a pistol in your car for self-defense.

Just remember though, it's the police who are in the position to tell their side of the story. This guy on the run never had the opportunity. Maybe he's just defending himself against crooked cops. Just look at how they ganged up on people in New Orleans!

"Driving erratically"? Bullet-proof vest? What??? Who do we believe here? The police? The media?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, I just realized, and I hope you didn't think I meant that I was refering to you "not working", I meant the images you posted.

Whoops!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
depends on your definition of terrorist...

btw it's being reported by WSVN7, that Department of Homeland Security BlackHawk helicopters are involved in the search.

Thats probably because they need more "eyes in the sky" to look for this guy.

I dont know much about the Dade County Police or the Miami Police but I dont think they have more then 3 or 4 choppers. My local PD has about 3,000 officers and they only have 2 working choppers and both of them are mainly medevac rather then law enforcement oriented.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
me working? what's that?

oh and another update... it's possible suspect may have made it into Broward county.. they have a few locations of interest here that police are keeping an eye on should the suspect have managed to sneak out of that area.

oh and are the images still not working for you? I thought I fixed the links because they're showing up for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

oh and are the images still not working for you? I thought I fixed the links because they're showing up for me.

Not here my dear!

Anytime anything happens in Florida you know it may start getting twisted real easy.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

looks like two completely different guys to me.

The nose gives it away.

Definitely not the same guy, but the second guy might have ties to Al Qaeda.

Edit: Oh, and they're working now. Thanks.

Peace

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
BSO has at least three helicopters, for what it's worth, I'd expect Dade to have at least double that given the crime rate and population density difference. Not that I can imagine what good a helicopter would really do in this situation - there have got to be 100,000 or more white Hondas in the tri-county area.

Terrible time for South Florida law enforcement, that BSO sergeant that was killed about a month ago was gunned down behind the Walgreens right down the street from Palm Aire where I like to golf

Watching WSVN throughout the day I noticed that the suspect went from being a fat white guy to a tall Latino to a skinny black guy? Hope that picture they've been showing is really the right guy.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
WW was correct, the original suspect with the long hair photo is different than the clean shaven suspect.

The new suspect is Shawn Sherwin Labeet, and the latest tips say they are on the lookout for the suspect to be traveling with a female and two children.

Manhunt Under Way After Gunman Shoots 4 Florida Police Officers, Killing 1

Shawn Sherwin Labeet, 25, wearing a bullet-proof vest, fired a high-powered weapon and fled the scene after officers approached his vehicle for a traffic stop, according to police.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez, a former police officer, said the "extremely violent" suspect "assassinated" a police officer.

"We need to find him as soon as possible and make sure that he's behind bars, where he belongs,"

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/9/13 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have to say as well that this story has a convoluted trail already.

The latest I've heard about the confusion regarding the suspect is the police were given false information by a CI that pointed them in the wrong direction, and they lost a couple hours looking for the wrong guy.

Something is weird about the way this story broke and the effort to identify a suspect. Red flags all over the place.

What we do know for sure is bad, though. One officer dead, three wounded, and a killer on the loose with an AK-47.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

FNC had a live report that the vehicle the police were tracking with the man, woman and children, was stopped and the man was not the suspect.

No new reports of sightings as of this report.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The snippet stated they might be looking for two suspects.

Originally posted by Kruel
But why would he be carrying an AK47? Not that they're illegal, but unless you plan on going deer hunting it would seem more likely to have a pistol in your car for self-defense.

An AK might be a bit extreme.

Actually in Texas, a rifle is legal to carry in your car. A pistol is not unless a person has a license or is a traveler traveling. I don't know if Florida allows hand guns in public.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My girlfriend is in the Keys, and she says it's been on the news constantly since it began, pre-empting everything.
She told me she saw "black helicopters" over her while she was out and about. Probably the Blackhawks.

She also said that several neighborhoods are shut down, and they are actually opening shelters for residents who are denied access to their homes, and there are half a dozen schools in lockdown, with the kids not allowed to leave.

She also saw SWAT team guys riding on the hoods and trunk lids of Sheriff cars.
Cars are being stopped and searched at gun point.

I hope they get the guy(s), but I think the mini-martial law routine is a bit much.
I see it as more pre-conditioning for the coming police state, but that's just opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

on local news, they're saying that those people are related to the suspect, i think the man is the suspect's brother.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's dark now and currently the residents of the neighborhood are still either locked in or locked out of their homes. People are getting angry and complaining about not being able to go home, parents have kids home alone, etc...

Red Cross is on the scene providing them with meals.

btw I wonder who the first guy is? Imagine seeing yourself on tv accused of killing of a cop! That's some scary stuff right there. I feel bad for him if he is a victim of idenity theft by the suspect and had to endure your mugshot from the dmv plastered all over the national news.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thanks WW, they didn't give that bit of info on FNC though it is a fluid situation and now that primetime is on there is little to nothing being mentioned.

As for the first suspect pic, I might be wrong but I thought that it was claimed that the current suspect had stolen this guy's license, how they found out this info is beyond me.

Hopefully for you south Floridians, this killer is apprehended soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article on the fugitive, it appears that mass murder runs in the family.

Wanted gunman tied to 1973 mass killer

Shawn LaBeet, wanted in Thursday's shooting attack on four Miami-Dade police officers, is the half-brother of a notorious mass murderer and fugitive from justice, a half-brother of both men said.

Keith LaBeet, who described his family's extensive connections in a telephone interview from his home in St. Thomas, said he was in shock Thursday night as he watched television news reports from Miami about the massive manhunt.

''This thing is all over the news and I don't know what's going on,'' Keith LaBeet said. ``I'm watching the news right now and this looks crazy.''

Wanted to add this article in which an attempted explanation on the fact that the police were searching for the wrong man for a few hours.

Cop Killer Manhunt: A Case Of Stolen Identity

"We have been misled," said Commander O'Brien.

The police spokesperson said her department had been receiving information from "someone" who was working with them on the case who was wrong, but would not go into further detail.

The explanation is less than forthcoming, already the blame is put on that old scapegoat......someone

Who is this someone? They didn't say......

[edit on 2007/9/13 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I've heard that the someone is a woman, possibly a girlfriend and more than likely she will face charges.

and not sure if you know, we still have the cop killer of Sargeant Reyka on the loose.
Deputies probing Reyka killing ask drivers to come forward

and that the first guy that shown as the suspect is from Jacksonville, saw himself or heard about himself being on tv and went to the Jacksonville police to say he had nothing to do with the stuff happening in miami.

[edit on 9-13-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
O im sure tommorow everyone will be screaming gun control in the media. I bet he will turn out to be alkyduh.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join