It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt Underway After Florida Police Injured in Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Manhunt Underway After Florida Police Injured in Shooting

www.foxnews.com

Two Miami-Dade County police officers were injured Thursday after they were apparently shot in the same residential area where a subject was barricaded earlier, officials said.

Two officers were being brought to hospitals, one by air and one by ground, police and fire rescue officials said. Authorities did not have information on their conditions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is a breaking story and the updates now say that four officers were shot by a suspect wielding an AK-47. The suspect has dumped his car in East Dade County and a manhunt is now underway.

The reports I heard say this may have been a sting operation targeting illegal gun sales. If so, the sting went badly awry.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The suspect is a heavyset white male in his twenties. Authorities are now saying the officers shot were involved in a "tactical situation", whatever that means.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm watching local news coverage of the event. No new information I can offer at this time, except that there is a massive show of police on the scene right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
WSVN 7 is reporting suspect is

Black male in his Thirties

they just gave a name Kevin (Wayner (sp?))

[edit on 9-13-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OK, I just heard the same, that the suspect is a heavyset black male in his twenties with a full beard.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They're showing a picture of the guy now, correct spelling of his name is Kevin Wehner.

imo he looks like a bobo dread to me, but I'm just speculating.

www1.wsvn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
this is happening only about 25 minutes from where i am in southern florida. I don't know whats going on, heard lots of sirens. I have a friend who is only 3 blocks from where this all is taking place. She said that she always sees the white honda with black hood around, that its an ugly car and that it stands out. fox news is saying that it was a bust of illegal gun sales, the tv is saying it was a "tactical situation", the chief of police just said it was an everyday traffic stop, that the white honda was driving irraticly??? i dont who what to believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To add some more to the back story.

Broward County (neighbor to miami dade) just burried an officer yesterday.

2 of the cops in this "incident" have been airlifted to a hospital. Total of 4 officers were shot or sustained injuries.

They found the car!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm in broward too, and it has been bad for law enforcement lately starting the killing of Sargeant Reyka last month.

btw I also heard "burgulary sting" as one of the reasons

and that the suspect might have been wearing a bulletproof vest.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Oh my God, he looks like a terrorist! Oh my God, what's that Islamic thing he's got on his head![/sarcasm]

Just out of curiosity to those who are watching, has the word "terrorist" been mentioned yet?

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm in broward too

Are you single? Because if thats you in the pic on the left then you are hot!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
you must be new around here

Dr Love, no mention of terrorist or anything like that.

and bads news it is being reported that one of the four officers injured has died. seems the suspect used a high power weapon.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sorry here's the link to the update and additional coverage

UPDATE: 1 Officer Dies After Shooting

also being reported on WSVN7 that weapon used was an AK47. Also FAA asking all tv news copters to get out of the area.

Suspect is said to have no serious priors on his record, only minor traffic citations.

I have to wonder why this guy was armed with an AK47 and a bulletproof vest if he was burgularizing homes??

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
[sarcasm]Oh my God, he looks like a terrorist! Oh my God, what's that Islamic thing he's got on his head![/sarcasm]

Just out of curiosity to those who are watching, has the word "terrorist" been mentioned yet?

Peace

Just so you know Al Qaeda is not the only terrorist group around. There are also tons of homegrown terrorist groups like those militia wackos, KKK type groups, New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, MEChA, etc. It is very well possible that this person belonged to one such group.

RIP to the officer. We lost an officer in my community 3 years ago who was shot while making a traffic stop of a drunk driver so I know what its like. His name was Richard Brooks and he was an seasonal officer with the Babylon Town Bay Constable's Office.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Just so you know Al Qaeda is not the only terrorist group around.

That's news to me!

Anyways, I never mentioned AQ.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you must be new around here

So you got a myspace page or something???

ITS OFFICIAL - One of the officers is dead, and there was a woman officer who was also shot. Not sure if shes the one that died though. Nothing more to report at this time.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is truly a very sad day for the Miami Police.

They just lost one. I will prey for the other three.

Let’s hope they catch this guy quickly and get him off the street.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hmmm strange, they just put an entirely different pic of the suspect saying to disregard the first picture of the "rasta" looking guy shown below.

New image of suspect is a lighter skin black male with short hair, i'll post pic as soon as I can.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is the new image of the suspect Kevin Wehner that police wants the public to focus on

looks like two completely different guys to me.

oh and don't forget this story started with the suspect being a heavy set white male with beard.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join