It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

BTW, Excitable, if I ever needed your help, I would whip myself for not jumping off the bridge already.

Nice...very pleasant. Once again, you can't play nice. People want to help you and you lash out. That's your problem...no one elses! Obviously this is another in a whole line of defense mechanisms you have developed to hide from your problems.

You, like many of people who want to play "psychologist," do so to hide from your own problems. You want to "help" people with their problems so you can take your mind off your own...that's too bad. You should work on yourself before you attempt to help others. It's just like the expression: "You can't love another until you love yourself."

In other words, don't tell people not to take drugs while you are taking them daily yourself....

Peace!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"Loving yourself"

Man o man, we can take this theme to the outer reaches of the T&C.

I'm pretty well grounded in most things psychological; I could step in as sort of a subcontractor if the need arises. Of course my fee is on a sliding scale depending on the affulentness of the client.

The truly indigent can get lost though; unless you have something to barter. ex: laptops, printers, Blueteeth, golfclubs, first editions of James Joyce "Ulysses" Fender or Martin Guitars, Picasso prints etc.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Of course my fee is on a sliding scale depending on the affulentness of the client.

Affulentness? Did you mean to say flatulance? Personally, I can't stand a flatulant client....always stinking up my office, lingering for days on end. I have a sign on my door: "If you are flatulant, please knock and then wait in the hall." That way, I can keep the stench in the hall and out of my inner sanctum.....Then perhaps I'll take the client outside. No gastric excretions in my office man....I don't go that way!!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yadda yadda yadda, here is your prescription, and thanks for coming. What a life these shrinks lead.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And speaking of flatulence, I had a childhood friend that actually exuded flatulence you could SEE. It was sort of a misty turquoise color. I've always heard that turquoise is associated with copper, so maybe his mama used copper cooking utensils. Anyway he was really a nice enough kid but had few Friends because not only were Jim's farts colorful but they were toxic enough to melt Styrofoam cups 5 feet away, linger for hours and stinky enough to bring tears to a German Shepard.

Last I heard he married a gal from Lubbock. Figures.

SCP, what is your experience with this type of thing?

[edit on 2-10-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
mr corner (i know you prefer scp but i like mr corner)

i used to toke the herb myself. it was wonderful. but then i started getting EXTREMELY noid. and till this day i just can't smoke anymore. am i one of those ppl that should just stay away from the ganja? i have heard that mj can cause psychosis for people who are already at risk...i wouldn't mind smoking again but i'm a lil afraid to.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Paranoia is total awareness"

The reason why you are getting paranoid is because you are delving into your subconscious mind. You are in direct contact with all of your engrams and "demon circuits"

When confronting your inner demons, one does not feel comfortable. Insecurity sets in because you know about certain flaws in your character that you were not willing to face, but after smoking the herb, you have become aware of them again. It all hits you at once, causing panic. Things that you brushed away under the bed begin to surface after smoking.

So you should face your fears. Are you attracting bad people and influences in your life? That is because you put up a front and act more than be real. So when engaging in social matters, dont be afraid to tell people who you are just because you think they might think different of you. If the fear of rejection is holding you back, you will never come out of your costume.

Wearing the costume often will lead to negative attraction, not positive. You are punished by natural law. Hiding from truth means you will face the wrath of god in many forms.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Wearing the costume often will lead to negative attraction, not positive. You are punished by natural law. Hiding from truth means you will face the wrath of god in many forms.

?? Could we get a translation here? What costume? Negative attraction? Is that like if I wear women's clothes, I will attract men instead of women? Or perhaps I will attract a different kind of woman? Isn't negative attraction, not attraction at all, but distraction? Negative attraction requires no hip action if I recall.....am I on track here?

How do I get punished by a law? Wouldn't I be punished by someone or something that enforces a law? Can one be punished by the actual law itself? What is an un-natural law? Are there any? If there aren't any, is there a need to call a law a natural law?

Can one hide from the truth? I mean, for example, you try but you are not able to. Isn't hiding from the truth like hiding from time or death or taxes...or from nosy neighbors?? It's just not possible.....

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
"Paranoia is total awareness"

The reason why you are getting paranoid is because you are delving into your subconscious mind. You are in direct contact with all of your engrams and "demon circuits"

When confronting your inner demons, one does not feel comfortable. Insecurity sets in because you know about certain flaws in your character that you were not willing to face, but after smoking the herb, you have become aware of them again. It all hits you at once, causing panic. Things that you brushed away under the bed begin to surface after smoking.

So you should face your fears. Are you attracting bad people and influences in your life? That is because you put up a front and act more than be real. So when engaging in social matters, dont be afraid to tell people who you are just because you think they might think different of you. If the fear of rejection is holding you back, you will never come out of your costume.

hmmm. so basically paranoia is coming to grips with your "inner demons"?

imma have to disagree with ya bruh. after analyzing all the moments i got noid while high, i realized that i was noid about things that were simply impossible. like i would go to school high sometimes and be thinking, man everybody knows im stoned. i mean sure there were people who knew without a doubt i was fried, but it would be totally impossible for every single person in the school to know. another time i was as fried as i've ever been and a tv commercial came on. i forgot what the commercial was about but it had a woman's voice on there saying "you'll find out, you'll find out". i got to thinking, find out what?! what is she talking about! this
is talking to me through the tv!

then the high wore off and reality set in. the producers of that commercial were advertising a product, there was NO WAY in hell that they could have made that commercial just for me. you see what i'm saying?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Then it is not for you Lord. Shakespeare might of liked it, it's because he was a writer and reality to him is not important.

Carl Sagan said he smoked marijuana because it helped his work. Check Wiki.

But if you are the type of person with a specific blood type that doesn't go well with weed, then don't try it. It might make you paranoid and might take over.

EB, thanks for posting....sorry if you keep thinking about those women's clothes, whatever makes you happy yes, but the costume I referred to is the mask people wear everyday.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

EB, thanks for posting....sorry if you keep thinking about those women's clothes, whatever makes you happy yes, but the costume I referred to is the mask people wear everyday.

No problem SCP. You can wear women's clothes if you want. No one here will hold it against you. And I understand about the mask you wear.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
E_B, now that Autumn is upon us, I guess it's time to put away our nice frilly summer frocks and get out our dresses, more appropriate for these crisp, chilly days and evenings.

My question is:

Do you think that printed polar fleece or muslin skirts are just to tacky or should I continue with classic wool; either in a nice scotch tartan or herringbone?

Thank you as I have always considered your taste impeccable!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

E_B, now that Autumn is upon us, I guess it's time to put away our nice frilly summer frocks and get out our dresses, more appropriate for these crisp, chilly days and evenings.

Do you think that printed polar fleece or muslin skirts are just to tacky or should I continue with classic wool; either in a nice scotch tartan or herringbone?

Thank you as I have always considered your taste impeccable!!!

Well whaaa...always a pleasure to hear from you my friend and your desire to get my advice brings a tear to me one brown eye. It is a shame I must put away my little summer sun dresses and I suppose I will soon have to start wearing panties again.

I would stick to the wool. It is a bit itchy, but much more classy. I would go with the herringbone as I have to stay away from anything with scotch in it these days.

Thanks for the nice words on my taste. I do have a flair for clothes. Right now, for example, I am wearing a striking organza dress in pink tulle, with matching pearls and a diamanté collar necklace. My shoes are in brushed pigskin with gold clasps, by Maxwell of Bond Street. My hair is by Roger, and the whole ensemble is crowned by a spectacular display of Christmas orchids.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My gods, where do these people come from... I don't think I'm gonna accept your medical insurance at this time EB.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I don't think I'm gonna accept your medical insurance at this time EB.

That's cool SCP.....I can handle your $2/hour fee.....

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
SCP,

I am torn between going back to school this spring and continuing my job in construction. I work full time right now and have been out of school since H.S.(2 years). My gut knows I should go back.. no.. need to go back, but my other organs insist on staying in work and makin' bank!!!

thing is i know im gonna be workin' my whole life, do i really want to do that now? plus the money is good now, but in 20 years when i got a lot more stuff to pay for things probably wont be the same........

SCP, what do you suggest? I'm kinda leaning towards school but i would like an expert opinion

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Phantom....here's my two cents:

If you have a plan as to why you want to go to school and what you want to do when you get out, then go to school. If you have no idea why you are going to school and just want to go just to go, then wait. Wait until you have a clear idea of why you are going and what you want to do when you get out. That is how you will get the most out of it.

If you aren't sure why to go to school, keep working and save as much money as you can until you find out what it is you want to do and THEN go after it. Being in school with no plan is a waste of time.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

Phantom, I'll be more than glad to help answer.

Use your job to make that paper and then invest it. If I were you, I would consider trading away USD$, it's not worth anything anymore. Invest in precious metals or other currencies to help you with a retirement pension.

Definitely continue educating yourself, but try to stay away from Community or State colleges unless you are looking to be a physicist, Doctor or Lawyer..etc. EB finally said something right when he said to go to school with a plan.

Tuitions are too much. In this day and age, you can find lots of knowledge in book stores that may help you self educate. Online classes might help if you are looking to move up in civil service or any beurocratic dept.

Pursue alternative medicine. It's an idea. It's the future. Become a nutritionist and write a diet book. Save about 10, 000 or so for a good publisher.

Also, filmmaking. Hollywood is dead. When the digital theatres come out soon, anyone with a 5000$ camera and a good , creative screenplay will prosper. You need about 25, 000$ to self produce. If the flim is good, you might be the next Peter Jackson.

The elite of the world are dying off and they need replacements.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Phantom,

I think you should go to college and major in something cool like art history, drama, English Lit., because those subjects are what all the rich girls major in and if you can snag a rich girl you won't have to worry about working. You can just play golf and chill. Life is much to short to work for a living.

If I had it to do all over again; that's what I'd do.

SCP, is pretty good in the advice deal as is E_B; but I'm really the only "expert" when it comes to life decisions. Trust me!!

[edit on 4-10-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Snag a rich girl! Lol. It evens out, she can help pay the student loans off.

Phantom, if you want to go to a prestigious school, then go. If not Ivy league, don't bother. Even big schools like Penn St. and other state schools are a waste.

Peter Jackson never went anywhere, he is just a genius. Simple. No school, no credentials.

Create a short film after you invest your dollars into anything! Dollars are like monopoly money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join