It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm worried about you being the hacker EB, you said that there is nothing interesting coming out of my computer, what did you mean?

You seem like a very calm guy EB, you ever think about why social anxiety gets to you? I dont like big crowds, I don't touch the door handles at public places, don't shake hands either. I think the reason why we are anti social is because we don't have the ability to act. We are bad actors, and if we don't fit in, then the hell with them. You sure seem capable of small talk, I am incapable of small talk, so I'm not sure why you would be anxious. Most people get anxious because they fear the group will see their true self, and consider them not normal.

A person who spends time worrying about formalities and such. This is the costume I speak of EB.

[edit on 10/13/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
sory i am very drunk i am unhapy, i wish i couls see you guys, i am sorry if i aoffneded you scp, i am not a hapy preson. i feel so sad. i dont thing i can do theis andyhmore. i iwsh i was dead. what is wrong withthis world? why ist so mean? is ont fair. i jsut wan tot die and i hav eot satay alive for epple theat love me, and i dont wat to. i am sorry

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Boo, I wish you weren't unhappy! Why are you unhappy? If you need to talk, you can u2u me if you want.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
BooBabe...same here. You can U2U me anytime! I'll talk about whatever you want!! And if drinking makes your depression worse, you might want to stay away from alcohol.....

SCP....me the hacker? What hacker and what are you talking about?

As far as "social anxiety," I have some, but my work can't allow it to get to me. I'm in sales...actually a regional manager and manage a number of stores in Arizona and Utah and some in Massachusetts. I regularly am in contact with employees and customers and regularly run meetings and once a month speek before a crowd of over 200....thus, my need for an ocassional XanaX...I've come a long way since about seven years ago when I had trouble leaving the house for any reason!!

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can't speak in front of people without an increase in blood pressure. I think a glass of wine would do it for me though. Two glasses and I might crack a joke or two. But god blessed me with writing skills, I can't speak for shhh.

Boobabe, how many did you have last night? You have to limit yourself. I was once not happy, uncertain all the time, with no sense of purpose, and I used to head to the bar and look forward to hanging out with Jack Daniels. The liquor don't help at all. Made me hateful alot, but that was me.

Boo, I don't hold grudges. Please open up a little more, you'd be surprised how that can lead to positive change.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am a coward, how can I do what I need to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You must act cowardice because you see no reason to fight for anything. Since you hardly ever see a reason to stand up for something, you try to run away from every problem you face.

Just direct all your energy for what you want to do most.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
What do ATS have planed for november the 5th and what does the riddle that SkepticOverloard posted in that thread say?

Oh and this weeks lottery numbers would be nice if your not to busy

thanks

[edit on 15-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The liquor don't help at all.

Blessed you with writing skills? Okay.....

Actually, I've seen some of your work. Not bad....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You must act cowardice because you see no reason to fight for anything.

Again....writing skills?

"You must act cowardice..." ????

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I guess that's why editors get paid so much. I now know why I usually write a 4th draft.

What's this about Nov. 5th?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So, EB, why don't you start writing a book!! Also, how's your memory these days? Are you sleeping alot more than you should?

What did you like about my work? Which work? Recite please.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So, EB, why don't you start writing a book!! Also, how's your memory these days? Are you sleeping alot more than you should?

What did you like about my work? Which work? Recite please.

I have started writing several books, but have trouble with the continuing to write part....For example: I paint and I'm much more likely to finish a painting if I start it and finish it at the same sitting...otherwise, it's iffy. Plus, I lose the place where I was mentally and style-wise, etc....know what I mean?

I do not sleep more than I should. Generally, I need 8 hours....no more. Ocassionally I do 6 or 7, but feel it later. I'm one of those that needs 8 hours. I'm usually up by 6:00am during the week and no later than 8:00am on the weekends...

SCP....I've been pulling your leg about stuff coming out of your computer, the stuff in your favorites and drop down screen...and obviously, I haven't read anything of yours. I have no idea who you are.

I have decided we can be friends now!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I admit EB, you had me going. Sometimes total awareness becomes simple paranoia. I see you feel conflicted, there could be some postiives that come out of it.

Im short on topics today, and words, I will wait for others to bring things to the table. I'm going to watch the Giant game.

[edit on 10/15/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I too, like E_B have problems finishing projects. I have stuff laying all over the place in various stages of uncompletion. It is beginning to bother me because I say I am going to finish things and never do. Is this ADD or something more sinister like dementia or early onset senility. My shack is turning into a hovel of junk with more junk piled on top.

Some of the projects show real promise but the creative spark is gone so now it's junk.

Sometimes I get an idea and go to the store and buy all kinds of supplies to make the thing and never even start, thus I have bins of supplies bought and the project long forgotten.

Please forgive me, I've started to cry now.....

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
oh whaaa whaaa whaaa.....whaaa!

But seriously, you could ship that unused stuff to me and I could put it to good use. My wife gets annoyed at the part of me that doesn't finish stuff when it comes to projects in the house. I've done all the floors in the house, most of the walls and ceilings, etc.....but there's missing switch and socket plates here and there, unpainted wall touch ups, a couple of ceilings that still need to be done, the paint job in the bathroom looks like crap and we still have a blue tub when everything else is white, and half the house has white moldings and the other half stained wood.

Then there's the yard.....

But she loves me anyway because I'm handsome and charming and good for a decent game of bumpy rolly every now and then.....

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Boredom could really force people into doing illogical chores and such. Besides cleanliness, I could care less what matches with my walls. I could care less if my roof was made of clay, as long as it didn't leak. I guess when there is nothing else to do in life, you are left with no choice but to buy; and replace.

My brain is not fit for family, I don't think people like me are here for families, and this is a reason why. I could never put up with a woman and her illogical demands. I don't think I can ever love just one person either, I have spread my passion over nature and mankind as a whole. I don't know if I'll have the time to be a family man.

I'm definitely in the 4th survival dynamic group. There are 4 survival dynamics, and all people fit into these 4 groups.

Group one: The survival of self. This person lives to ensure his survival only.

Group two: The seeders. The seeder is a person who is here to reproduce only, and does not necassarily take full responsibility for his family.

Group three: Survival of the group or family. This person lives to ensure the survival of his family or group. A leader, and a family man.

Group four: Survival of Mankind. This person is on earth to ensure the survival of mankind as a whole and this person lives a selfless existence.

All groups are equally important. The needs of the one, outweigh the needs of the many in some cases, but all groups include struggle.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Boredom could really force people into doing illogical chores and such. Besides cleanliness, I could care less what matches with my walls. I could care less if my roof was made of clay, as long as it didn't leak. I guess when there is nothing else to do in life, you are left with no choice but to buy; and replace.

You and my daughter would get along great. You are both OUT THERE!

As far as what I quoted above. What is wrong with wanting one's home to be nice? What is wrong with doing the HGTV thing and making it a nice, clean, comfortable place to live? I don't do it for others...I do it for me and the wife. Remember.....one like myself with anxiety needs order. I am much less anxious when my environment is neat and orderly.

What is an "illogical chore" in your world? And...what amd I buying and replacing? I am "fixing up" and updating.....and adding to the value of my home and adding to the comfort level it provides.....

My daugther is 24 and still can't pick up after herself. Example: the bathroom will be spotlessly clean and she'll go in there to take a shower and when she is "done" there will be water all over the floor and all over the sink, at least one wet towel on the floor, etc....and she can never remember to put the vent/fan on. This doesn't show me that she is not concerned with trivial things because she has some kind of Buddha-like consciousness going on....this shows me that she is lazy, inconsiderate and still expects mommy and daddy to pick up after her even though, again, she is 24 years old.

SCP...are your roof and walls yours or are they owned by someone else? You see, I would care less what my daughter did if it was IN HER OWN PLACE!

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Group four: Survival of Mankind. This person is on earth to ensure the survival of mankind as a whole and this person lives a selfless existence.

Survival of mankind? What are you doing for the survival of mankind? You say you are here to ENSURE the survival of mankind. Do you think you have the power to do that? Is this truly why you live a "selfless" existence or is it due to a lack of self-esteem? And....is your existence truly selfless? If so, how is it selfless?

You see...my daughter thinks she is doing things for the survival of mankind too, like....recycling. Yet...she is also greedy, selfish and uses people. What do her greed, selfishness and manipulation do to help mankind survive? Or, do those things help my daughter survive?....in her own special way......

Don't get me wrong, I love her...but, she's a wack job!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Im sure she's lucky since she has a dad who is on ATS and converses on it. That means you are not one of the apathetic humans out there, most notably the baby boomers, who are spoiled to death today in a sagging ecomony wishing for the 80's and 90's again. Well, wake up man, the N.W.O is here, 30 is the new 20. I think she makes a mess because time is short, and she would rather clean up when she gets home.

One apartment is mine, I basically live alone mostly, Im going to be paying the mortgage soon, and my whole family lives in this 2 family house Im living in. My fathers likes to chop down innocent trees because he needs a reason to use his black and decker birthday girft. So besides sanitary reasons, I dont upgrade anything unless life depends on it.

My mother has OCD. Everything has to be spotless, It goes beyond clean and dirty, it's just funny when they get bored and have to look for excuses to destroy and replace.

Your daughter recycles, that automatically strikes me as someone who cares for more than just herself, and one contribution is a contributions. I can't change the world myself, unless I become another Gene Roddenberry or H.G Wells, my Idols, but one has to become a white bloodcell on the planet, a lymph node or something positive. One unit can set off a chain reaction, and the good deeds accumulate over years, leading to some sort of change.

The greed and selfishness is tough. I am very selfish. I am acknowledging that. I think my parents have to accept that they are becoming obsolete in today's society, and if anything are here to mother and father the children of the new world order, and make sure they are healthy. Children today are sufferring much more, and also neglected from the bi-gender workforce.

[edit on 10/18/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join