It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is about that video.

What I think I saw may have been a so called objection to the consideration of the question, on the part of the police, to an undebatable motion. Because the rules of the floor had stated that it was perfectly alright to make a public announcement. For this reason, the poster was then put in place.

The objection is out of order, and should be over ruled, and the member(s) have a right to be heard, and do have the floor. Huh? True or false?

So what we have demonstrated is rules of the floor that are coming from somewhere other than from the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution.
Kapish?

discuss

- Xodus

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xodus
This is about that video.

What I think I saw may have been a so called objection to the consideration of the question, on the part of the police, to an undebatable motion. Because the rules of the floor had stated that it was perfectly alright to make a public announcement. For this reason, the poster was then put in place.

The objection is out of order, and should be over ruled, and the member(s) have a right to be heard, and do have the floor. Huh? True or false?

So what we have demonstrated is rules of the floor that are coming from somewhere other than from the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution.
Kapish?

discuss

- Xodus

I'll take you up on opportunity to discuss. Agreed. Objection is out of order and overruled and the members have a right to be heard, and do have the floor. (True) And frankly, with nothing else to go on at this point, than what we can see in this video, I tend to think that this did NOT line up with the Bill of Rights or The Constitution. It keeps bringing up that four letter word with me. Kapish?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
paste?freedom of assembly gets overridden by paste! these people who claim to defend constitutional rights need an honor check..i would love to see the judges face that gets to read that one..the charge might not stick,... here is a funny thing. down the street several congressmen have called for impeachment over the last few years; in public forum and nobody checks their staples.. maybe its because they are inside, or maybe they have more rights than those that got arrested. unless they are flashing people or shooting guns i don't see the issue.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Exactly the point, my friend! Makes you wonder what the REAL point was, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
paste vs. video vs. paste

The video has the floor.

The video will be heard. Paste will suspend.

?

- Xodus

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

paste vs. video vs. paste

The video has the floor.

The video will be heard. Paste will suspend.

?

- Xodus

Anyone else care to try that one on? I mean, I tackled the first one from xodus, it's someone else's turn. Where's those Mod's when you need them? They're like cops, they only show up when you do something wrong!

[edit on 9/12/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yeh, c'mon Mods! Seek'em!! Hint: Indecorum.

- Xodus

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xodus

xodus! You opened this can of worms! Explain yourself! Can't you see this is even over the mod's heads? I admit when I'm licked!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
oh aw write den . . .

There was this duly organized assembly of persons, who had gathered together for the express purpose of making a public announcement. Things wuzza goin' good do u see, when up jumps a whistleblower (i.e., cop w/siren) and an animal control artist ( i.e., rider on horseback ) which, acting each to his own part, makes blazen attempt at disrupting the duly ordered assembly -- i.e., in indecorum. Thus raising the question as to who has the floor, okay. So then, when the decision is made by the chair of the assembly, or by some constituted authority such as a parlaimentarian, the persons who entered the assembly did so out of no respect for duly constituted authority. So they are hereby called down for issues arising out of acts of indecorum. If this is a real question of American civil rights being violated, then so be it. BOO

There are rules which determine whether a member who has the floor may be interrupted.

Somebody else' turn.

- Xodus

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

oh aw write den . . .

There was this duly organized assembly of persons, who had gathered together for the express purpose of making a public announcement. Things wuzza goin' good do u see, when up jumps a whistleblower (i.e., cop w/siren) and an animal control artist ( i.e., rider on horseback ) which, acting each to his own part, makes blazen attempt at disrupting the duly ordered assembly -- i.e., in indecorum. Thus raising the question as to who has the floor, okay. So then, when the decision is made by the chair of the assembly, or by some constituted authority such as a parlaimentarian, the persons who entered the assembly did so out of no respect for duly constituted authority. So they are hereby called down for issues arising out of acts of indecorum. If this is a real question of American civil rights being violated, then so be it. BOO

There are rules which determine whether a member who has the floor may be interrupted.

Somebody else' turn.

- Xodus

ok, unusual way of putting it, or at least not standard in today's times. But I actually think I see what you are saying. And I had you up to the last entry which states
"If this is a real question of American civil rights being violated, then so be it. BOO"
I think the intention of this thread and the video, points to a few civil rights being violated.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I woke up along time ago. but when you think about it what can we really do
is protesting and getting signatures really going to do anything? I would sign that paper in a second but will it even matter if everyone in the world signed it. Im sure bush would still be president.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xHADEEZx

What was going on here was about far more than just signing a piece of paper. There was an anti-war rally and a rally to impeach Bush that was taking place in front of white house this week. What happened here was as far as we can see a violation of several civil rights of the people.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Yea i know i understand that and I know whats going on and it makes me so angry i cant stand it
and i agree with everyone on that video who is protesting and i support them. but what im asking is will protesting and doing this march on the 15 really even do anything. If i lived in DC i would go in a heartbeat. Im all for giving it a try. but will it really matter? When has protesting even worked? and as far as their civil rights being violated. What can they do about it? For everyone that doesent believe in a NEW WORLD ORDER its already begun and has been happening now for a while. This is proof of a NWO. slowly but surely we are losing all of our rights. and something has to be done and i dont think protesting is gonna get the job done.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Rubbish, they were disturbing the general. the people that were allowed in were NOT there to participate they were there to WATCH, when they chose to participate without being invited, they got booted. even the congressmen have to be envited to speak. they only have so much time alloted to each of them. the noisemakers were asked to quiet down or they would be removed, they didn't quiet down...they were removed. what is so difficult to understand that you need FIVE pages worth of discussion?

amazing.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Jana, are you going to be at the rally?
If so, I hope you bring a video camera and post up some highlights for us.
Hell, if you need a hand editing together something for posting, you could hit me up.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

oh yes go and video yourself getting arrested, such joy to watch. what foolishness is that?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
[

[edit on 12-9-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by BitRaiser

oh yes go and video yourself getting arrested, such joy to watch. what foolishness is that?

IF you dont have anything to add or have any questions and just want to attack everyone on here and poke fun. why dont you go somwhere else. If you havent noticed this website is for discussing things. not for making rude remarks and judging people. The post above this was on accident for any one wondering what the heck that was

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus

Last time I checked, the US constitution protects the right to peaceful demonstration.

What kind of foolishness is it to assume that exercising your constitutional rights and actually growing a set of balls by standing up for what you believe in will result in an arrest?

Even if it does result in an arrest, I'd defiantly rather have it on video than not.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xHADEEZx

really, how typical. it seems that "free speach" is only free when you do it. how hypocritical of you to want me to go somewhere else because i am "demonstrating" against your demonstrating...oh and by the way your U2U was soooo scary, is that what you do? threaten people with bodily harm when they disagree with you? it seems you are no better than those you are demonstrating against. tsk tsk.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join