It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

It does make you wonder, doesn't it? I mean, we've enjoyed the right to protest for as long as I can remember. What's the big beef now?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by janasstar

I find myself at a total loss for words. This has caused me to break into tears and after all I have seen in my life I rarely cry any more. The music of America is dying a death of a thousand cuts.

I can scarcely grasp that one of the most beautiful nations in the history of humanity is being destroyed within my lifetime, and I don't think I have cried this much since ... well, it was another war ... and no one wins wars.

For a person with my spiritual convictions, war is God's judgment against nations and peoples by leaving humanity on its own with its greed, lust, hatred, and institutionalised violence.

To quote a more popular text, Don McLean's "Bye, Bye Miss American Pie": 'The three men I admire the most, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, caught the last train for the Coast, the day the music died."

I'll take the chance of leaving your most eloquent quote intact. Fellow Americans, can't we see that the rest of the world suffers with us. We have been a guiding light of hope to many. This is the second member from Canada, that feels the loss of America's freedom's, as deeply as if it were their own. We've been 'the country that could!' The 'land of the free, the home of the brave!'

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
reply to post by sy.gunson

It does make you wonder, doesn't it? I mean, we've enjoyed the right to protest for as long as I can remember. What's the big beef now?

The beef now is that we no longer have a government BY the people, OF the people or FOR the people.

We now have "free speech zones"

Unpopular speech is almost punishable by law.

The Patriot Act 1 and 2 as well as PD 51 define a terrorist in such broad terms that a protester or even a jaywalker can be declared a "terrorist" and stripped of their citizenship making them a citizen of no country thus giving you NO RIGHTS.

We are almost set to be a police state, we just haven't thought up a cute PC term to actually call it yet. Once they figure that part out, you can rest assured it will be announced and used all over FOX news. I know some thin kwe already live in a Police State, but not quite yet. If this was a true Police State you wouldn't be able to say anything but "Yes Sir" without getting shot in the head. Right now we still have some control, albeit very very little.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

you know, this is downright frightening. I knew when he (Bush) ushered in the Patriot Act, that it left a bad taste in my mouth, but I sure hoped that nothing would ever really come of it. Boy! Did I have my head in the sand?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thank you for posting the video, and i did as your signature requested. I don't know what the thread topic was about (not to get off this topic) but I saw nothing wrong with your post.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hey guys! I will be there September 15th! Im in CT, so it wont be too bad of a drive. I will, however bring my camera, ect. just in case I need it for my fellow aTS users.

Also, something to ponder; I do know of a 'top secret' mission going on this week in D.C. with only those who have top secret military clearance (sketchy fact, I know, but can't get anyone in trouble!) - Coincidence, I guess we'll see...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sometimes the protesters go out of their way to initiate conflict by various means. This gains them better media coverage for their cause, they want to make the national news. It sure got ya'lls attention. I saw that these people are asking for donations and I'm sure it's pouring in at this point. Not that I disagree with their right to protest and to raise funds, I'm just leery of the sensationlism of their moment in the sun. Their speech is common nowadays. I don't understand why the others didn't have all this attention. Oh, yes I do, they didn't break any of the procedures for an orderly, safe, protest. Therefore, no media, period. It's all contrived imo.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

Please do give us a first hand report and take care of yourself, while you're there. Zigzag those rubber bullets. Or is the word, 'Serpentine?' Reminds me of a movie.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

whatever,she's gonna get arrested just like the rest of those whackos, bunch of crazy kooks. h ha ha!
what is up with the stupid pink crown tiera? ha ha ha fools!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I would probably be prone to agree with you, but did you see the video? Everything was very peaceful. There didn't seem to be anyone begging for money. They were putting up posters. I might say that the cops had an over reaction on their part.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyvelder

mess with me imp, and i'll tickle you to death! Who knows? maybe she will. I don't like the idea of anyone going to jail unless they're a serious criminal.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Actually, I have an in with some people who know Im going to be there. I already told some of them, that if I get shot, Ill be pretty angry. They just chuckled and claimed, 'that peaceful protests go on everyday, and that 'they' are there in order to stop any violence arising, for or against 'us protesters'.
But, ask 'these people' anything about any so called 'political agenda' or implemented laws, current society, ect., and they haven't a clue!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder

whatever,she's gonna get arrested just like the rest of those whackos, bunch of crazy kooks. h ha ha!
what is up with the stupid pink crown tiera? ha ha ha fools!

Are you on a conspiricy site, calling people who actaully go out of their way (meaning, more than just type a couple lines on their PCs') to help implement 'good' change, a bunch of wackos?
And that was your contribution to this thread? Alrighty then, yep., I'm the wacko

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

ha ha ha!
"no more war!""no more war!"ha ha bunch of old fat ladies getting pulled out of the room! ha ha ha!, stupid little tieras ! i couldn't write that kind f stuff! frickin sitcom

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Do you realize how many protests of various sorts are scheduled there every week? It would be nice if the protesters did clean up after themselves but that is not the case. It's a mess after one of these protests and the posters all over the city are just trash after the event. If I lived there I'd want guidelines on the methods used also. And the city has to provide clean-up of the area and also police protection if it is believed there will be anti-protesters.

Also my sister is heavily involved with some causes and conflict is usually part of the plan to gain media coverage, the better to get their message out. This one was very clever, they're able to claim loss of freedom of speech on top of their impeachment call. If ya'll think this wasn't planned in advance.......I just can't say it.

Lol, look at Alex Jones. I used to watch him and his buddies get arrested routinely here in Austin. He loved it. It boosted his message to a larger audience when he was featured on the news here. Back then it was very minor causes that he was promoting. Look where he is now.

STM

[edit on 9/10/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This thread already exists. Please contribute to the original thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I did check before I posted and I did not see anything about this. Sorry

link   

I did check before I posted and I did not see anything about this. Sorry

link