Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

page: 6
9
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser
 


same to you, (read above message)




posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Jana, are you going to be at the rally?
If so, I hope you bring a video camera and post up some highlights for us.
Hell, if you need a hand editing together something for posting, you could hit me up.

Inspite of What's His Name's rudeness, No, I'm not going. Wish I were. I am slightly disabled at the moment. But thank you for your very kind offer.



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Jana, are you going to be at the rally?
If so, I hope you bring a video camera and post up some highlights for us.
Hell, if you need a hand editing together something for posting, you could hit me up.

Inspite of What's His Name's rudeness, No, I'm not going. Wish I were. I am slightly disabled at the moment. But thank you for your very kind offer.

Excuse double post, page freeze!

[edit on 9/12/2007 by janasstar]



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
Rubbish, they were disturbing the general. the people that were allowed in were NOT there to participate they were there to WATCH, when they chose to participate without being invited, they got booted. even the congressmen have to be envited to speak. they only have so much time alloted to each of them. the noisemakers were asked to quiet down or they would be removed, they didn't quiet down...they were removed. what is so difficult to understand that you need FIVE pages worth of discussion?

amazing.

Mr. Maximus, If you don't like what you read on these 5 pages, maybe you could find a pro-Bush thread somewhere. Happy hunting!



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 

so you want me to go hunting for another thread? same as the government wants you to go find a government that you dont have to protest? you want to cancel my freedom of speech as yours ( you say) is being canceled? my, aren't we hypocritical...



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by janasstar
 

so you want me to go hunting for another thread? same as the government wants you to go find a government that you dont have to protest? you want to cancel my freedom of speech as yours ( you say) is being canceled? my, aren't we hypocritical...



Did you note that I kindly suggested that if you weren't happy here, you might be happier somewhere else? I didn't arrest you for your opinions, or run you over on horseback.



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 

then to that i would say, if you're not happy here and you have to protest, go to Canada or some place you would be happy.



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by janasstar
 

then to that i would say, if you're not happy here and you have to protest, go to Canada or some place you would be happy.

I'm very happy in the country where written documents that were signed by our forefathers, hundreds of years ago, gave me the right to protest, IF I was NOT happy!



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 


Wait, did someone pass a law to make protesting illegal? Why wasn't I told about this? This is an outrage!

Next thing you know, they're going to make us pay taxes! Where will it end?!?!



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 

Please grow up and step into this century, where we have real problems that need real solutions. The adults are waiting...



posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by janasstar
 

Please grow up and step into this century, where we have real problems that need real solutions. The adults are waiting...

You say the nicest things, do you think you could take my hand and show me a better way?



posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus
 


Okay folks, let's get this thread back on topic! What we are discussing is the rights to free speech, and the right to assemble being violated. This is not a place to launch personal attacks on each other's characters.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by janasstar]



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 

sorry dear i was banned from posting, where were we? oh yes we were duiscussing why you shouldn't be protesting and instead start backing up this country which you claim to love.



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Real love is sometimes about taking a stand and saying "no".
Real Patriotism isn't about blindly accepting what the government has to say.
Real patriotism is about holding the administration accountable to the ideals upon which the nation was founded. The right to bare arms was the founder's attempt to ensure that the administration could always be held accountable, even if it had to be held at gunpoint.

Protest means you care enough to actually get off your ass and do something.
Sitting back and accepting things the way they are just because "that's the way things are" is ignoble and parasitic.

Actively maintaining the status-quo of a corrupt and abusive system makes you part of the problem.

Abiding the current administration is an insult the the noble men who shed blood to found the USA as a place of freedom.



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser
 


the only thing you accomplish is to be direspectful to great men, ie: General petreus.


[edit on 15-9-2007 by josephus maximus]



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by janasstar
 

sorry dear i was banned from posting, where were we? oh yes we were duiscussing why you shouldn't be protesting and instead start backing up this country which you claim to love.


I will never back up or support WRONG-doing! Our Bill of Rights and our Constitution Both backs us up on these issues. Seems that our forefathers knew that even in our wonderful new country, that corruption COULD happen. And WE the people have the RIGHT to change it. Pay close attention to what Bit raiser is saying.



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar
 

all i heard was "blah blah blah RIGHT to change it blah blah blah"



[edit on 15-9-2007 by josephus maximus]



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by janasstar
 

all i heard was "blah blah blah RIGHT to change it blah blah blah"



[edit on 15-9-2007 by josephus maximus]


You started off with much more intelligent replies than that. Why don't you really speak what's on your mind. This is as good a place as any.



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Because he's a troll and actually has nothing useful to say.



posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Because he's a troll and actually has nothing useful to say.

Guess you were correct about that. well anyway, I had some updates I wanted to post, it might take a minute, if you're going to be around.





top topics
 
9
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join