It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Up until now I've believed that the parents are innocent. And I still believe that but my God, have ya'll read the excerpts from her diary? If it's already been posted, sorry.

STM

Edit to add: Just realized it was a bogus site with bogus entries. This is getting totally out of hand. You can't believe anything that the press is doling out via their "leaks".

[edit on 9/13/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
- Why did none of the children wake up during the alleged abduction or the chaos after its discovery?Maybe, like I said, they're heavy sleepers. If a kid's tired out they'll sleep through anything. ANYTHING.
- What is there to suggest that any third party was anywhere near the apartment?A child went missing.
- Why are there no reliable independent witnesses who saw a child in pyjamas being taken away from the resort?Maybe no-one was around?
- Why did trained dogs sense a corpse's scent in the apartment and on Kate McCann?These dogs are not 100% reliable, are they? Maybe a bent cop or someone else left or planted some evidence? Maybe there was a dropped hot-dog in the car?
- Why have significant amounts of the child's hair been found in the hire car? Maybe they emptied a hairbrush? Maybe a bent cop or someone else left or planted some evidence? We don't know yet. Who said there were "significant" amounts anyway? What's significant? Two hairs? Ten? Is there a link to this info?
- Why did the parents embrace publicity so willingly?Out of desperation, and maybe they were advised to. Or both? I don't think they looked like they were enjoying themselves. The press were in their faces so they took advantage to try to get their kid back? Who wouldn't? How could they avoid it, ignore them and walk away? That would look suspicious, dont you think?
- Why has Kate McCann made wild allegations that the police are trying to frame her?Cos she thinks they're making wild allegations against her? Maybe she's innocent and finds it unbelievable?
- Why are the police convinced that Kate McCann has a case to answer? Are they convinced? Aren't they still trying to scrape stuff together? Maybe they're not very professional? Why haven't they been arrested?
- Why have the dining party at the tapas bar made no statements of support whatsoever?I haven't a clue. Aren't they answering questions? Are they in hiding? Or aren't they saying anything of interest to the press?
- Why is a French newspaper reporting today that the body fluids from the car indicate that Madeleine's body contained very large quantities of sleeping pills?Maybe because it isn't true? Maybe it's just another nasty rumour? Maybe a bent cop or someone else left or planted some evidence? Okay, I have a question - Do you really think they're that INSANE to kill their kid and have a party on her death, getting loadsa money and fame into the bargain? If so, where did they hide the body for at least 25 days and then smuggle it into their hired car, and then find a spare hour or whatever to hide it where no-one has found it and no-one watched them do it? That is a mystery.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've been following this case since the beginning like many of you. While I did get a feeling early on that something didn't 'smell right' about it, I put that thought to one side as anyone can be wrong on a 1st impulse.

Even if we say that only 10% of the information being reported is true or has a basis in fact, thats still enough to cause a very big concern. Lets look at this from a different angle for a change...

Imagine this wasn't a case about a missing child etc and was one of the more 'standard' conspiracies on these boards. How many would by now be saying that it was 'case closed' due to the reported evidence. I'd like to think that one way or another this all eventually gets solved so the little girl can rest in peace (as its pretty good odds she's dead by now either way no matter who is responsible.)

My personal opinion from the reports that I've read etc say that I think the parents are guilty. That decisoin isn't made on a whim , but even allowing for 90% of the reported 'facts' to be eventually shown as total fabrication, that's more than enough to point a finger of suspicion in my view. At times the body laguage of both parents seems all wrong to me for parents who have had a child murdered or abducted.

There also seems to be a concern that if they are guilty...and its still an if until a conviction....that it could reflect badly on some people who showed large support from the world of politics such as the british goverment. Their reactions will be the most interesting of all to watch.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Whilst i agree with the thread Im still troubled -

I have an 8 yr old and would never ever leave her alone - as a 5 yr old in Ibiza my parents always chose to etither take me to dinner or used the in house baby minder service. Many of my friends with kids of their own feel the same. I hope dearly the Portugese attitude is just going through the legal motions but the fact remains - this girl is still missing and this is another Soham going on again.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here is a link to a press report that says that police found a lot of Madeleine's hair in the hire car, so much hair that the initial press report of it refers to "clumps" of hair.

news.sky.com...

Does someone trying to conceal a crime leave clumps of the victim's hair in a rental car? Another press report refers to bodiliy fluids containing enough sleeping pill residue to indicate an overdose. I think any person bent on concealment would try to clean up the vehicle before returning it to the agency. On the other hand, if you were trying to frame someone who had rented the car previously, you would leave so much evidence in place that it couldn't be overlooked, even by the "detail guy" at the rental agency.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Does someone trying to conceal a crime leave clumps of the victim's hair in a rental car?
No they don't. Doesn't that sound a wee bit like planted evidence?

Originally posted by ipsedixitAnother press report refers to bodiliy fluids containing enough sleeping pill residue to indicate an overdose. I think any person bent on concealment would try to clean up the vehicle before returning it to the agency. On the other hand, if you were trying to frame someone who had rented the car previously, you would leave so much evidence in place that it couldn't be overlooked, even by the "detail guy" at the rental agency.
I agree, or frame the folk who still had the car i.e. the McCanns. If these reports are accurate surely we can assume there's something seriously fishy going on here?

[edit on 13-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've been assuming that the rental car had been returned to the agency before the police got around to searching it. I think that at that point someine who still had access to the child's body could then have planted the evidence attempting to frame tha McCanns. In that scenario the best candidate for villain would be a police officer or comeone connected to the police investigation.

Was the car still in the posession of the McCanns when the police took it for testing?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware they took the car for testing then gave it back and now the McCanns want some independent tests done on it.I've heard a couple of things on the news recently about the Portuguese police. Apparently there's quite a high number of children go missing over there but they don't keep official statistics like they do in the UK so the numbers are unknown and they've never had a high-profile case like this before. Also, they don't keep track of their paedophiles. It makes me wonder if this is an organised crime and more prolific than we know.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The more I look into this case, the more widely divergent the press reports seem to be. DNA evidence particularly seems to be vastly overrated in these circumstances, where two other children of the same family were present in the car.

One expert said that siblings can share as many as 15 of 20 comparison points with each other. He also said that all of Madeleine's DNA characteristics were present within the family somewhere.

There is also a reference to an earlier test of the car which discovered nothing. According to that report, it was the sniffer dogs that found the newest traces that have set everyone off. If that is the case, then it doesn't sound like it was "planted" or if so, it was done most likely by a knowledgeable police officer or employee.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's all becoming very confusing. I'm reading conflicting news in every report I'm reading at the minute so it's still all unconfirmed rumour and therefore I'll continue to support them till it's proven to the contrary. It upsets me when I think I'm seeing an injustice and if this is an injustice it's one of the really bad ones, IMO. As far as I can see at the moment this couple have had their child snatched. They don't know where she is but suddenly they're suspects in a murder. Did anyone break the news to them that their child was even dead? No. What pain that must be. I make no apologies for being a softie.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
wigit
i have watched maddies parents since this has happened and they have acted abnormal from the start.
my ex-wife ran off with my daughter a long time ago
and i can honestly say, my life collapsed around my feet
i knew my daughter was safe but i did not know where she was and i fell apart, literally....
i aged about 10 years within 3 months and all i can remember about them first few months is, getting out of bed in the morning and my worst fears are true, my daughter is gone...
i missed A LOT of time in work and life
i didnt eat or sleep for days on end, i hit rock bottom, life was unbearable................
when the thoughts of my baby getting hurt came into my head, and they did often, i freaked out, i could not cope with that thought and still cant

i could not have faced cameras and interviews from day one or travelled around europe, i would not have left the town my daughter was taken from, in case she came back, NO WAY.
i would never give her sleeping tablets or left her alone, never in a million years...........
they refused a nanny for that night, its not as if they are short of cash

when i first seen her missing
the first thing i would have said is, my daughter is missing, where is my daughter, help me find her........... and not "they have taken her"

not a chance in hell would i have washed her favorite toy...... never

i feel maddies parents have had something to do with her disappearance, they have acted too sane, but there again maybe this is how THEY handle this situation. i know how i felt and i talked to a lot of other fathers who had gone through the same thing and they all felt the same as i did.

i was in the papers and done some media stuff for a few organizations but that was about a year later, i could not have coped with all of that at the time of her disappearance. my head was too messed up and my situation was no where near as bad as the mccanns.

i really hope i am wrong, i really do, for maddies sake but nothing has added up correctly in this case, from the parents to the police work.
i have not and will not believe maddie is dead, i would not give up that easy or early, i just counldnt........ i would never ever think of her as gone forever

keep hoping

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If as suggested the possibility exists that somebody planted clumps of hair and body fluid in the rental car, that would to me mean somebody that somebody in the investigation has access to the body. I feel that it is backwards going that route simply because the police were called-in to investigate.

They weren't the ones dining down the street.

They weren't the ones that left a door unlocked.

They weren't the ones that refused to answer key questions.

The danger here is that spin is beginning to occur and in truth the police aren't the ones that started this mess. They were brought into it by poor decisions and IMO, outright negligence of two people that by all accounts, should have known better.

I'm even more emboldened in my suspicions of the McCann's now that they are insinuating that the police are "negligent" or perhaps even somewhat culpable. I find it all very telling.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by JoeFriday]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy

keep hoping

What a sad story, I hope your better now, did you ever find them?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
What? OJ innocent? I don't even know what you're saying now. You seem a tad obsessive as well as obviously spiteful, leave me alone. You're starting to give me the creeps. I'm putting you on ignore.
No wonder you cannot follow the case if you cannot follow 2 sentences.

You are as laughable as the people complaining OJ was innocent, I hope that clears it up.

I think you must live in a happy, clappy world full of flowers and bunnies. You seem very, very strange if you get stressed out on a forum.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A simple question:

Why in the name of heaven would the Portuguese police feel it necessary to plant evidence and frame the McCanns for their daughter's death?

If they wanted a villain that badly, (for what reason I cannot imagine), why did they not plump for Robert Murat and his shady Russian friend? They were public enemy No. 1 briefly and the press and both the media and public would have accepted that result far more readily that the squeaky clean McCanns.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't think the police have planted evidence just to get the McCanns but I think it's possible that whoever took her is still in the area and meddling in the case and that it might be an organised crime.
If it was the McCanns, where did they put her for 25 days? It was 25 days before they hired that car. And if they did it why did they go into the media spotlight and stay there for weeks when they could have gone home a lot sooner, telling everyone "we'll pray in private for her return." That makes little sense to me.This could be another case like the Lindy Chamberlain one. Excerpt - On August 17, 1980, at a campsite near Australia's famous Ayer's Rock, a mother's cry came out of the dark: "My God, my God, the dingo's got my baby!" Soon the people of an entire continent would be choosing sides in a debate over whether the cry heard that night marked an astonishing and rare human fatality caused by Australia's wild dogs or was, rather, in the words of the man who would eventually prosecute her for murder, "a calculated, fanciful lie." A jury of nine men and three women came to believe the latter story and convicted Lindy Chamberlain for the murder of her ten-week-old daughter, Azaria.
Three years later, while Lindy dealt with daily life in a Darwin prison, police investigating the death of a fallen climber discovered Azaria's matinee jacket near a dingo den, and the Australian public confronted the reality that its justice system had failed. "A Cry in the Dark," a movie starring Meryl Streep, carried the story of Lindy's wrongful conviction across oceans. What went wrong? Convictions of the innocent usually result from inaccurate eyewitness testimony (generally the least reliable evidence in a trial because of biases and the tricks of memory), but Lindy Chamberlain was convicted by flawed forensic evidence and by investigators and prosecutors unwilling to reconsider their assumptions in the face of contradictory evidence.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

If it was the McCanns, where did they put her for 25 days? It was 25 days before they hired that car.

What i keep thinking about, and tell me if im completely wrong, but surely the car was hired out previously, before it was hired by the McCanns?

Surely the police would look into the idea that if dna was found in the car, you couldn't rule out previous borrowers of the car?

That has not been discussed at all by the media and alike.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I thoroughly agree, and wonder, if that was the UK, EVERYONE in contact with that car would be questioned and searched, over and over till they scored them out. I don't know the size of the place but imagine there's not too many cars for hire. It could be a coincidence that they've hired the same car Maddie was taken away in.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If this is true, theres no doubt who killed her.

www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

Its reported that she died of a sleeping pill OD.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

If it was the McCanns, where did they put her for 25 days?

They had key's to the local church "so they could pray in private" that is why the police were reputedly interested in searching the church to see what evidence may have been there

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join