It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One gets the impression that the parents Courted the Press like a skilled PR campaign from the start.

At first I honestly believed she was abducted. My views only changed when I heard of blood on the apartment's walls in August.

It does seem that they embarked on a cynical sophisticated PR campaign from the start and I can't help thinking this was to throw police off the trail now.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
its sad that the story has turned from the search for mad to accusations against the parents. Lets not forget that this is about finding the little girl first- and LAST. I care little for the judicial process in portugal and even less for the media hype - we still have a search to find this baby - and i would hope every ATS member keeps that in mind and ignores the media

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This ones really got me interested.
I had no questions about this case untill hearing about kate mccann phoning sky news before phoning the police.
Now were hearing of all different types of evidance appering. The main problem with this case is the fact that the protugese police wont confirm any of the leaked evidance.
Ive spent over 40hrs this week trying to separate the bs from tustworthy sources and for all the evidence thats been put out to the public around 90% of it can be disregarded.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
its sad that the story has turned from the search for mad to accusations against the parents. Lets not forget that this is about finding the little girl first- and LAST. I care little for the judicial process in portugal and even less for the media hype - we still have a search to find this baby - and i would hope every ATS member keeps that in mind and ignores the media

Shes dead, you have to face that fact.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Now the latest report is:

"THE parents of missing toddler Madeleine McCann yesterday challenged Portuguese police to produce their daughter's body as proof they killed her.

Kate and Gerry McCann issued the challenge yesterday as authorities moved closer to arresting the British pair over their daughter's disappearance and suspected death."

www.news.com.au...

IF this report is true, isn't that the most arrogant, repulsive reaction from parents of a missing child ? They obviously got rid of it in a "perfect crime" kind of way and perhaps think that they're quite a smart pair.

If they get off, they're going to make a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And this direct quote from Kate

"We thought that a paedophile had taken her and he had done terrible things. That's very hard. But, little by little, we thought of other scenarios, which aren't as atrocious." said Kate.

Now I know that some things are undoutbtedly less atrocious than others, its logic, its sensible. But it sounds odd coming from the mother of a snatched toddler don't you think ?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And one more thing - then I'm checking out 'cos I'm so annoyed !!

Another report claims to have a leaked copy of extracts from the diary which the police in portugal have already copied from the original.

It makes interesting reading.

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

The topping on the cake is that the McCanns have said that they won't comment on these latest damning revelations because they are arguidos and want to obey Portugues law !

Isn't the status something that protects you from what officialdom might want to say - as an arguido don't you yourself remain free to say what you want ?

Ok, ok, guys I'm probably not supposed to post three in a row but its all happening very quickly right now and I promise to have a rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sarajane

A great deal of care is now required as the media is beginning to be overrun by dodgy quotes and leaked allegations.

The "show us the body" line appears not to be a direct quote at all but was reported in the form...

A close friend today said: "The legitimate question to ask Portuguese police is: 'Where is the body?' Where's the evidence that Madeleine is dead? We have got no idea."

This Is London

However, someone might equally legitimately ask "where is there the slightest scrap of evidence that she was abducted", to date there does not appear to be any whatsoever other than the McCann's immediate assumption.

The notion that Kate McCann phoned Sky before the police comes, I think, from a TV interview in Portugal and I have never seen this information confirmed by anyone.

edit:

...no, they are not allowed to discuss the case now that they are officially suspects, that much is true.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

A great deal of care is now required as the media is beginning to be overrun by dodgy quotes and leaked allegations.

You're kidding right? This whole thread is full of dodgy quotes and leaked allegations. It's 99% rumour and gossip. You all have no compassion. Everything that mother has done is wrong. You all forget there's 24 hours in a day. She's criticised for washing a toy - The police gave her it back, she probably washed it to get off the tears and snot they've both rubbed into it over the previous days and nights, and to fill in five minutes of their living nightmare.She's hard and stony-faced and not crying in public - I see someone who's trying desperately to stay calm and not collapse in a heap. They've dumped the other kids to go jet-setting around - if that was me I'd leave them with relatives , tell them "don't let them out of your sight" and I'd come out ready for a fight. They're fighting to get their baby back don't forget. You don't do that with two toddlers in tow.They love the media attention - Their apartment was surrounded by dozens of media vans and dozens of reporters demanding to see them make a plea for their daughter. They sedated the kids and killed Maddie - There's no evidence of any sedation, just a rumour made up by someone wanting a story. As for the twins sleeping through the ruckus, all my kids would sleep through an earthquake at that age. We've had new year parties where the house has shook with the noise and the kids slept through it all.They went to see the Pope like they were big shots. - they did it because a reporter set it up for them, and they do believe in God.They claim the shutter was forced - a hysterical couple coming up with anything they see to explain their sudden loss and taken as a lie. She screams "they've taken her" - a common use of words in the UK for a person or persons unknown.As soon as they're suspected of murdering their daughter they run home to the UK - rubbish, it was planned before all that.They've bought a new house with all the money they've made - also rubbish.They want to use the Maddie fund to pay for their legal fees - also rubbish. Someone else checked out if the money could be used to help them out.Let's go back to the original night where they left the kids. Big mistake and one they'll regret forever but it's not a hanging offence. As Gerry has said, to him it was like leaving the kids upstairs asleep while you're out the back mowing the lawn. They felt comfortable or they wouldn't have done it. Why are you all so filled with hate? It's a good job there's some law and order and that you all live far from the McCanns or they'd have been stoned to death weeks ago by all of you. You're like a mob.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The question should be asked is why are you so naive and gullible.

Everyone has made up their mind on the info received so far while youve just dug your head into the ground and refuse to accept it.

I bet you think OJ was innocent too.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The question should be asked is why are you so naive and gullible.

Everyone has made up their mind on the info received so far while youve just dug your head into the ground and refuse to accept it.

I bet you think OJ was innocent too.
No, I think OJ was probably guilty as sin and the trial was a joke. My question is - Why are YOU so naive and gullible?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I remember reading at the time that Kate McCann said she'd washed the cuddle cat because she was dragging it around everywhere with her and it was starting to look a little worse for wear. Fair enough. No problem. There could be other reasons too. I don't know. On this forum we speculate about stuff.

If they are guilty of Madeleine's death, I don't want to see them torn limb from limb. I'll settle for whatever punishment the judicial system decides upon. Other people want to vent. That's fine with me. I believe in free speech. I don't even mind the way the legal system and authorities have been trashed by McCann supporters. I think anyone should be able to vent, within the limits of the liable laws.

A lot of people may be taking a morbid interest in this case but I'm interested in dissecting it and understanding it. It's a very interesting case as was the OJ case and the JonBenet case. It's in the nature of the events discussed that strange twists of human behaviour are going to be pursued. People who don't like this kind of talk should simply turn their attention elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
A lot of people may be taking a morbid interest in this case but I'm interested in dissecting it and understanding it. It's a very interesting case as was the OJ case and the JonBenet case. It's in the nature of the events discussed that strange twists of human behaviour are going to be pursued. People who don't like this kind of talk should simply turn their attention elsewhere.
I think we're all interested in understanding it. We hear about paeodophiles and missing children all the time but usually it stays in the peripheral and we get on with life, but when that photo of that little baby face was shoved in my face I couldn't sleep the first few nights for trying not to imagine the horrors that might be getting inflicted on her as I lay in my comfy bed. I feel for the parents, I really do. If folk want to attack my opinion then I'll attack theirs. I'm starting to think that it's okay to post on this thread if you think the parents killed her but to get lost if you don't. I'll get lost when I choose to and not before.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I'm starting to think that it's okay to post on this thread if you think the parents killed her but to get lost if you don't. I'll get lost when I choose to and not before.
[edit on 13-9-2007 by wigit]

Oh don't be so bloody precious about it for God's sake.

Nobody has said you can't post whatever you like about the subject and that, fortunately, is what this site is all about. There are other message boards out there discussing this subject in ways which are genuinely atrocious but this thread has for the most part been well mannered and thoughtful.

You are absolutely correct that almost all we know about this case is speculation and uncorroborated allegations but that goes for much of what has come out of the MCann camp as well so it cuts both ways. My point was simply that since last weekend the generally circumspect and supportive British media has finally got a little bolder and begun to repeat some of the more lurid tales coming out of Portugal, much of which is almost certainly rubbish, but some has the ring of truth. (Are you listening Fiona Philips?).

Right now there is enough information in the public domain to give very real concern about the McCann's story and people on this board have every right to speculate about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Reply to Wigit:

Fine with me.

For the record, I've followed this case very closely since the beginning. For most of that time I was convinced that Madeleine had been abducted just as the McCanns have stated. I felt a lot of compassion for them and of course for that sweet little girl.

When Kate McCann pleaded for the abductor to be kind to Madeleine and described her as a "funny little girl", I thought it was a very heartfelt thing to say and sounded very genuine. I was reminded of that picture of her at the tennis court trying to hold on to all those tennis balls.

Some of the recent press reports concerning the DNA and Kate and Gerry's responses to police interrogation have disturbed me a little, but I still haven't made up my mind that they are guilty.

There have also been reports about dark doings among the Portugese police in that area. I'd like to do some research if I have time to bring some of the reports of that sort of thing to this forum. The sorts of activity referred to bring up the possibility in my mind of evidence planting and even of the involvement of police in the original crime itself.

From the beginning I've felt that this was probably done by someone who was trolling the apartments at the resort, looking for an easy score and decided to take the child on impulse.

I think that the presence of the coloboma on the girl's right eye would rule out an organized paedophile or adoption gang. They would never be able to make money out of her because she's too easily identified.

Up until recently I thought it likely that she was taken by some small time operator, who likely didn't forsee the media storm that would erupt and who probably killed her as soon as he realized that there would be an intensive search for her.

If you remember the police needed constant prodding in the early stages to get going. The abductor was probably taking for granted that there would be only a token effort made to find her by the local police. When all hell broke loose he realized he had to kill Madeleine and go to ground. That is the way I saw the crime from the beginning.

If what the press is saying about the McCanns is accurate, then I find myself re-thinking the whole thing, although I certainly haven't ruled out the notion that the McCanns could be telling the truth.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Right now there is enough information in the public domain to give very real concern about the McCann's story and people on this board have every right to speculate about it.
Okay, tell me exactly what the concerns are. What are your concerns? I see nothing strange about the case at all, just that a very nasty crime has occurred and that the bad guy seems to have been forgotten.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
No, I think OJ was probably guilty as sin and the trial was a joke. My question is - Why are YOU so naive and gullible?

Im not gullible, I never believed them from the start.

They are as innocent as OJ, I give you as much credibility as youd give someone on a seemingly personal vendetta to claim OJ is innocent.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 281011

I think this could be every bit the Circus that the Jonbenet Ramsey case was.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
They are as innocent as OJ, I give you as much credibility as youd give someone on a seemingly personal vendetta to claim OJ is innocent.
What? OJ innocent? I don't even know what you're saying now. You seem a tad obsessive as well as obviously spiteful, leave me alone. You're starting to give me the creeps. I'm putting you on ignore.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

What are my concerns?

- Why did none of the children wake up during the alleged abduction or the chaos after its discovery?
- What is there to suggest that any third party was anywhere near the apartment?
- Why are there no reliable independent witnesses who saw a child in pyjamas being taken away from the resort?
- Why did trained dogs sense a corpse's scent in the apartment and on Kate McCann?
- Why have significant amounts of the child's hair been found in the hire car?
- Why did the parents embrace publicity so willingly?
- Why has Kate McCann made wild allegations that the police are trying to frame her?
- Why are the police convinced that Kate McCann has a case to answer?
- Why have the dining party at the tapas bar made no statements of support whatsoever?
- Why is a French newspaper reporting today that the body fluids from the car indicate that Madeleine's body contained very large quantities of sleeping pills?

These will do to be going on with.

OK, the last one is deliberately a bit speculative but the rest require substantive answers and if only a fraction of some of the wilder reports are also true then they will take a lot of explaining. I won't bring them to this thread simply because they are too speculative to be presented meaningfully at this time but they're easy to find if you have a hunt around.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join