It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Brinkmanship

Brinkmanship is the practice of pushing a dangerous situation to the verge of disaster in order to achieve the most advantageous outcome. It occurs in international politics, foreign policy and (in contemporary settings) in military strategy involving the threatened use of nuclear weapons.

Let's summarize the month of September up to now shall we?

We have no shortage of sabre rattling:

Bush Warns US Will Confront 'Nuclear Iran'

'Three-day blitz' plan for Iran

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

We have two bizarre nuclear stories days apart:

Missing American Plutonium. This one to raise fears of a dirty bomb?

Report: Air Force lost track of nuclear missiles. This story obviously leaked to the media and allowed to be publicized by the mainstream media for some reason. Is someone being put on notice? In their outrage and surprise, people and the MSM are overlooking the obvious questions such as why were they being moved and why were they moved to a base that is involved in Middle East Operations?

Then we have Russian Leader Calls For Urgent Delivery Of Anti-aircraft Missile Systems To Iran. A story showing up in the business press and not covered by mainstream media.

Then we have Syria claiming violation of it's airspace with some reports that "something" was dropped and Israel claiming it's planes were shot at for no reason. See Syria 'fires on Israel warplanes' and Israel bombs Syrian targets (mixed reports)

Now this: Iran offers to aid Syria following new tensions with Israel

We also have: RAF Fighter Planes Intercept Russian Bombers where EIGHT bombers were intercepted. I mean I could see a patrol of 1 or two bombers, but a fleet of eight? That'll get somebody's attention!! The story also takes care to point out that these can carry cruise missiles and nuclear weapons.

So on one side we have the US and Israel flexing their muscle probing the other sides defences and rattling their nuclear sabres and on the other we have Syria, Iran and Russia flexing their muscle probing the other sides defences and rattling their nuclear sabres...

Am I the only one NOT amused by this little game of chicken?

There's also the very bizarre announcement that the US will ground all of its fighters and bombers in the US on September 14.

Is that to let the other side know that they will be vulnerable on that date or to let the other side think they are while launching an attack hoping they won't be looking?

And let's not forget those huge stock market put options all expiring before September 21!!

All of this and the month is only six days old!!!

Something is definitely going on behind the scenes.

By the way, if you weren't on ATS do you think you would have all of this information in one place and be able to connect the dots like this? Think about that for a bit.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Very nice post gools. I agree that something is up, but I reiterate that something BIG is missing. I am racking my brain trying to anticipate the next move on this.

It would seem that the powers that be are setting the chess board in a very "organic" sort of way. What I mean by organic is that it seems like, while none of these things by themselves are terribly signifcant, the sum of all parts certainly point o something.

It almost seems as if the parties involved are TRYING to make some sort of accident happen to provoke something.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's all over Fox about the threat on some site about the Blessed gift coming on the Anniversary of the Blessed wedding that occurred in Manhatten 9/11 or something to that ramblings.

gools nice post

[edit on 6-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is a great post.

I don't have too much to add, but it certainly seems to be an unusual pattern of disparate but worrying events globally.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I agree, all these incidents put together are more scary than if viewed individually. But if you subtract out Bush and Ahmadinejad things wouldn't look so bleak or might not even garner attention. I think we should take these two crazies and throw them into thunderdome and sell tickets. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Then maybe the rest of the world can relax.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My vote would be that neither leave...... and we need to throw a few of the other leaders in there from other governments with them.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Very strange indeed.

The New Moon is on September 11, perfect for mass sorties of stealth aircraft.
Moon Phases at Navy Site

Partial Solar Eclipse as well
Partial Solar Eclipse of September 11

The 'meme' is definitely out there these days here at ATS as well...

Did Nostradamus predict the rapture in Sept. 2007 ?
The Fallen angel brings War (Mars approach August-December 2007)
A Message To The Mullahs!
If the Market Crashes in September
How you can survive 9/11/2007
WW3 may start on 9/9/2007
what is coming sept. 2007?

That is just a sample of the recent threads here regarding September doom and gloom. I understand that everyday people make the 'end of the world' threads here, but it is not often that the Financial threads and Political threads are saying the same things as the Astrology/Esoteric type threads.

Maybe someone should ask Nancy Reagan's astrologer what is going to happen.
DocMoreau

(edited for formatting)

[edit on 6/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Yes tension does seem to be building up all over the world for one major incident to occure.. like before WWII and WWI the lines are being drawn, the treaties and allies are taking their stance and preparing.

I was at my parents last weekend when my dad said something to me, we live close by to a major airbase.

He said he has been noticing alot of helicopter activity, black hawkes to be exact.. hes not one to be suspicious, in fact a die hard republican who to this day supports bush and the war.. and when he shook his head and said "somethings not right, the last time they flew around here in formation like that was right before the Iraq war, they are planning something" that gave me a eire feeling .. and reminded me of that helicopter thread on ATS ..

What did they call the world before WWI? Ah yes, a powder keg. History repeating its self once more.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Major isn't too worried, but if it will make the troops feel better, by all means start digging a foxhole, fill some sandbags and get ready to hunker down. The "duck and cover" Dems must be loving the angst which is gripping the Major's pride and joy, the good old U.S. of A. The Major is confident that this bit of washboard road will smooth out shortly, as it did with those mindless Commies north of the 38th and that cross dressing boy toy Kim Jong Illin'. The Major hasn't heard hide nor hair of any of those lily livered purveyors of propaganda ruing for the days of Slick Willy and that piano legged beard of his so they can make another sweethart deal with those bastards. That would be Major lingo for journalist, but this country hasn't seen one of them since Edward R. Murrow passed to that great newsroom in the sky.

Well, now that the Major is all hot and bothered at the obvious decline the Major's once great land has suffered, the Major is just going to have to get the troops on a nice 10k march, full kit, and double time to boot.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
very good work gools, u r on right track, i wish all other humanoid can see and understand events in this light, i ask all humanoids to read my threads and posts and to see all piece of puzzle.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oooh.. I got a visit from the Major!

Glad to hear you're not worried sir. Don't mind us, were into speculating and connecting dots is all.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
.. and reminded me of that helicopter thread on ATS ..

Ahhh... yes I remember reading that one too, it's from August 20th: Helicopter fly bys indicate war is ahead

A couple more interesting news threads that just popped up:

Counterterrorism Officials Analyzing Islamic Web Post Warning of 'Special Gift'

and

NORTHCOM Plans 5 Day Martial Law Exercise this is slated for October though. This does however give a valid reason for preparations to already be underway.

May you live in interesting times... speaking of which... seems awfully quiet on the Chinese front, no?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I have been been hearing alot of scare stories recently about september. And this thread is just a collection of them. Now I love a good scare story but let's not take this too seriously eh?

I mean lets face it...nothing catastrophic will happen in september. I will bet anybody any wager.

And what if it does? Oops. What can we do? If something does happen i'm sure you would like to tell me "I told you!". And you can. If it makes you feel any better.

But still it happened. And knowing about it did nothing.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that if you think something bad is going to happen and then it does...will you feel even worse than you would if you knew nothing or will you feel better because you KNEW.

What kind of person are you?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
What kind of person are you?

Just someone who is taking mainstream NEWS stories and connecting them together to get a clear picture of what I think is going on.

Namely:

...on one side we have the US and Israel flexing their muscle probing the other sides defences and rattling their nuclear sabres and on the other we have Syria, Iran and Russia flexing their muscle probing the other sides defences and rattling their nuclear sabres...

If you think there is nothing going on between these antagonists and these news reports are just scary stories, that is your prerogative.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

A most excellent connecting of the dots.

Also Syria insists it won't be drawn into war by the USA and Israel -- although they fired on Israeli aircraft today.

From the prophecy gals and guys, I just offer a reminder that they expect an Iranian nuke of Russian origin to be launched from Libya against Israel thereby starting everything for the next part of this Hundred Years War II. Also, the Hebrew Scriptures contain a prophecy yet to be fulfilled on the destruction of Damascus. I suspect there are quite a few in the Mossad et. al. who would be happy to bring that prophecy to pass.

However, I think for "the hate" to be great enough that US Americans will back all out war with Iran there needs to be another major strike on US soil. It could be false flag, it could be from Hezbollah (with funding from God knows who besides Teheran), it could be because of the CIA/MOSSAD via some Timothy McVeigh/Jose Padilla type ... who knows yet, but I do think the big missing piece is another attack on the US mainland that the government and complicit media and Pastor John Hagee & Co. can blame on Iran whether or not that is the case.

Muslim end-time expectation includes the destruction of Mecca as well as the famous Black Flags marching from Khorosan. I think these events -- as hard as they are to imagine among sane people -- are just around the corner ... especially the destruction of Mecca and Medina ... making Jerusalem the greatest Muslim holy city in the world. I got that idea from an Arabic speaking Irishwoman with whom I'm acquainted, and I think it is such a frightening possibility as to be entertained somewhere by the demi-gods of war and conflict.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Like I said, I enjoy a good scare story and I'm going to indulge myself right now if you'll allow me.

Originally posted by Gools
Something is definitely going on behind the scenes.

So what dots have you connected together? What is, in your opinion, going on behind the scenes?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What if?

You know I like to speculate, so how about this...

What if all that we've seen to date here is actually just well orchestrated effort to scare the Iranians into either abandoning its nuclear programs or at least making serious concessions, meeting all UN and IAEA demands.. etc?

If it works and it was pulled off without any real plan to attack... it could be brilliant... But if Iran does see the bluff, remains defiant, and perhaps even turns up the rhetoric, what then?

[edit on 6-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A bluff? Hardly. Its all meant to be. Onwards to another war now...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Yes, scaring the Iranians to death and having them cave in would appear for all the world like a brilliant tactic that worked, but it would produce an increased "Weimar Republic" mentality among Iranians and in the end would see wave after wave of assassins leaving the Persian heartland to deal with those who humiliated them.

But upon a little reflexion, I find it hard to imagine the government of George W. Bush backing down from all the posturing. They have already succeeded in eliminating the USA's previous Just War Theory, so why not go for broke, so to speak, before exiting the White House?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This thread is an automatic flag. I'm sorry, but even if nothing happens this information has to be on the top just in case.

It's far better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
I mean lets face it...nothing catastrophic will happen in september. I will bet anybody any wager.

As a born gambler, I'll just take that bet dorothy.

I got green money that says there will be a catastropic event in September that will result in many deaths of human beings.

I'll even give you 6 to 5, chump. u2u me with what you want to bet with your contact info.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join