It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
The 'meme' is definitely out there these days here at ATS as well...

Did Nostradamus predict the rapture in Sept. 2007 ?
The Fallen angel brings War (Mars approach August-December 2007)
A Message To The Mullahs!
If the Market Crashes in September
How you can survive 9/11/2007
WW3 may start on 9/9/2007
what is coming sept. 2007?

You know, I gotta' say this: Sometimes I think more fearmongering goes on here at ATS than in the mainstream media. It's good to keep an eye on the world situation and what's going on, and even train yourself with survival skills. But sometimes what is said on this forum amounts to no more than scare tactics.

There have been countless predictions on ATS that the world is coming to an end, or WW3 is just around the corner. None of those have panned out, obviously. If the world does end, you're not going to be around to worry about it anyway. And as much as I wish all of us could go to Washington D.C. and rally, that's not going to happen either. We have a voice here but it isn't going to be heard by the people in Washington. So we need to stay focused on what we can do to make the lives of ourselves and our loved ones better in the world we live in now, not the world of tomorrow.

We really have to keep an equilibrium here folks, and it seems like the scale is tipping more and more lately in the wrong direction.

Just my opinion, anyway.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I think basically what we are seeing is a resumption of the cold war. As I understand, Putin has rolled back a lot of the freedoms givin the Russian people
and has started up the good old cold war sabre rattling, but if it brings back the days before all of this insane asymetric warfare, I'm not sure it's so bad an idea.

Wow, I'm actually agreeing with you on this. That's what it is starting to look like to me, too.

After the end of the Cold War, America has been left as the sole superpower on this planet. I think that in the years since, she has lost her way. It's like all that power has gotten into their leaders heads, so much so that the ones on top have begin to dismantle the checks and balances in the nation's system with the Patriot Act, spying on the populace and all those other infringements on liberty.

Checks and balances are very much necessary to prevent corruption, since power corrupts. More so with absolute power. With Russia starting to flex her muscles again perhaps the checks and balances on the world stage will begin to be restored?

Originally posted by pjslug
We really have to keep an equilibrium here folks, and it seems like the scale is tipping more and more lately in the wrong direction.

Checks and balances. It was tipping in the wrong direction for the past decade. Perhaps now it's tipping back into equilibrium?

I hope so.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Checks and balances. It was tipping in the wrong direction for the past decade. Perhaps now it's tipping back into equilibrium?

I hope so.

Yes, I agree with the fact that we are entering another cold war, one that will eventually lead to WW3 with Russia. I can't help thinking that John Titor's story may have been true.

Checks and balances on the world stage, yes. But I was referring to the equilibrium of the material posted on ATS. That required checks and balances, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see some people paying attention to the "small details" being overlooked by the main stream media.I don't believe this is a bluff either. I do believe that maybe all this is to trigger a "false flag" start into a conflict with Iran. Very scary days ahead indeed-and I'm not talking about halloween!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's not "sudden", we've been hearing this bovine excrement since 2003, and it's not "brinkmanship", it's impotent bluster. NO ONE IS GOING TO ATTACK IRAN, IF THEY WERE, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

If we get another cold war, then that's reassuring. Life was good during the Cold War. Mutually Assured Destruction kept people from messing with each other. Remember the '70s and '80s? I miss those days.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A long time ago, conditions were not ripe for sparking another global conflict. Now is the time that out of global chaos the new order of the Republic of Earth can be formed. A new sparkling age where all of humanity can coexist without violence and poverty. A corporate utopia in which the populous can mind numbingly watch TV, go to work, eat, procreate, and die. Too bad 2/3 of humanity has to die for this to happen. (does the means really justify the ends?)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think it is called "Checks and Balances" Thank god for Vladimir Putin is all I can say... Russia defeated the Nazis once before and now she stands up to them again. I know it isn't the ideal country or system but the Russian way never changes.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
I mean lets face it...nothing catastrophic will happen in september. I will bet anybody any wager.

I got green money that says there will be a catastropic event in September that will result in many deaths of human beings.

It's interesting that you bring up betting. Betting markets are interesting for prediction purposes. Since this is a prediction thread, here are what they seem to say (at least the site I follow)...

The betting markets don't seem to think there'll be a US attack on Iran in September. The price of such a contract is down from 30ish to 2ish. Contracts betting on US attack on Iran by December 2008 are also low. However, there is still a lot of action on the by March 2008 contracts... so something may still be in the works.

Iran Contract Prices

Incidentally, the prices for contracts on other catastrophic events (e.g. Bird Flu in US) are also pretty low. These markets don't seem to think much is going on in September or the immediate future.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArbitraryGuy

Honestly the most retarded site I have ever seen.

Only second to the fact that you think that it actually backs up any facts?

It's a betting site, where no significant amount of money is placed by no significant people on events to broad. How can you say because some schmuck paid $2 for a bet that we won't bomb Iran in sept that it won't happen???

Do, explain.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Honestly the most retarded site I have ever seen.

Only second to the fact that you think that it actually backs up any facts?

It's a betting site, where no significant amount of money is placed by no significant people on events to broad. How can you say because some schmuck paid $2 for a bet that we won't bomb Iran in sept that it won't happen???

Do, explain.

Fair enough, and please note that I'm not advocating its accuracy or that site (I actually don't gamble).

However, the idea might not be as far fetched as it appears at first sight. The idea behind using betting markets for prediction is that markets aggregate information. Such information is reflected in their price levels. Thus, by looking at prices, you look at aggregates of information, increasing the information set to make a prediction.

For example, if I know something is going to happen and you don't, I'll want to profit from the information assymmetry. I'll try and purchase as many contracts predicting that event as possible - driving the price up. Similarly, when nobody thinks something will happen, the price will be driven down. Thus, such a market is a way of gathering information.

Note, however, just like any other market, things don't always function perfectly. Here is a Wikipedia entry on the idea. Note the theoretical caveats.

Businesses use prediction markets all the time (see Wikipedia article) to gather information. The Pentagon seriously looked into using betting futures markets to predict terror attacks. But because most people deride such a notion (many assume it profiteering from unfortunate happenings) and don't understand what it is trying to do, it ended up in John Poindexter's resignation.

The bottom line: if nobody thinks something will happen, the contract for that event will have a low price. If many people think something will happend, the contract for the event will have a high price. Price reflects people's expectations (i.e. information sets).

EDIT: added example.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I had a thought today, which is unusual because I was listening to a mainstream music station while I had it.

I was "trying to think like Cheney".

Trying to think like Cheney, I was thinking "let's change the meaning of '9/11' and make its meaning one of victory rather than remorse and vulnerability".

Meaning, I'm wondering if the US is going to launch one hell of a smothering, withering offensive on 9-11.

I still think that the US government must be disappointed that the Polizei halted the attack on Ramstein, a couple of days ago (I haven't read anything speculative about that here on ATS, oddly enough). This could easily have been cause for retaliation against someone...anyone.

Such an offensive would've been more appropriate with a fresh reminder of the current mission (like the Ramstein attack).

Fugs

[edit on 7/9/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I just had a very strange thought while reading through this thread (thanks Gools) ... what if there is a staged (or actual) attempt (or success) on the life of Mr. Bush by an Iranian group?

Think about it ... even the majority of the Bush haters would be calling for immediate war. Those wanting to pull out of Iraq, those calling for change, those that could care less about politics - everyone in the U.S. would be looking for blood.

I have no evidence whatsoever to back this up ... I just see it strange that all these things are happening and that Bush's cabinet members are dropping like flies. Sounds like some NWO thinking as well ... I think alot of people agree Bush is no more than a puppet at this point.

Back to reality at any rate, it does seem something strange is afoot right now ... I'm not gonna lay money down for a massive event in Sept. but I would not be surprised in the least if something did happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
thank you for this thread - have a lot to read (like always).

stop talkinmg about THE END!
the world won't end even if 100 nukes go off.. life will just be a little bit harder!

but think about it: in 2012 there might happen something. even jesus might appear again. whatsoever, many prophets tell the same: he is preventing the war to get that worse that the world really would end, or at least be inhabitable by human.
so before we all learned our lesson (some may not and have to face the consequences) a war takes place and it is said that many many forces (china or russian) attack the middle east from the east. they go to jerusalem and go through dry lakes.. then they head back where they came from.

same in europe. russians will come as far as germany, then retreat.. and there are some new weapons in use. one that even prevents the russian troops from drawing back because there is a line that is unpassable.
whatever - i'll get some tincans of food..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Historically, there certainly do seem to be some lines. But, just off the top of my head, I realise the lines that I'm aware of don't reallly go back that far.

Ya know (and my gut is holding me back, fearing that whatever I type might be misinterpreted by you as sarcasm, but it's not, okay?)--but just thinking out loud here, I'm thinking that maybe these lines're being stomped on and over for the first time (ever).

I had a laugh three or four nights ago when I viewed that flickershow "A Night at the Museum" where Owen Wilson's character (playing an 1800's era miner) spewed the phrase "manifest destiny".

And last night I spent my whole damned night reading most of The John Lear thread. He says, there, something about "alien-intervention" preventing nuclear-liftoff (someone querried WW2 Japan, but there're no conclusions there).

Anyway, I've lost my train of thought.

Chico?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Jesus said,

(paraphrasing)
In the end times, people will build houses and not live in them. (Developers)

This is important, because it ties with the whole world takeover theory.

You see, developers take out huge loans, to build gigantic developments, that individual families, take out loans, to buy. So the loan, is paid off with a loan, and the interest perpetuates again.

To the tune of $400,000,000,000 a year, that the American public pays to the owners of our national debt. Not a dime of income tax goes to paying the services that the tax is actually meant for. And the owners of the national debt have nothing but selfish purpose.

In order to have New World Order, one would need to control the worlds money, effectively enslaving populations by holding easy money over them, with a big hook hidden inside the loan, called AMR, given to people from money borrowed by banks from the Money Changers.

Also, control pharm companies stock profile, and then make people sick. Invest stuff like Bird Flu and West Nile, so that they can sell Tamiflu and other expensive treatments. (Notice, there is no cure, in this day and age of high tech medicines). I mean, they have shots that cost $10,000 each!

How do we make em sick? Spray em with chemicals. Why do you think we have 4000 tons of VX nerve agent. 1 ton would be plenty to kill the entire population of the US in a full dose. No, they dilute it in jet fuel, and put have hired guns called BlackWater, fly around and distrubute it over certain areas.

Also, cancer can be injected, and that is why people who stand up against the government, so often die of cancer.

Soak up all the US dollars, so people trade them in for Euros, and then you have em trapped, and they will be chipped, or killed.

Ram

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Below the sound of war drums - It's good to see even the Major is in a good mood.
No name calling -
- I think your a bunch of well diciplined human beings

What this could mean for the planet? Who cares?
It's not really important what the planet have to carry of burdens have us meniacs bouncing around upon it.
What matters NOW - Is - how we are gonna die!! - Cluster bombs or ordinary nukes? To many people to kill with bullets - It's to tedious and slow..... WE aint got time to use bullets any more - we need to pay our taxes and keep our families alive! Time is important!

Before we all decent into the Heavens! we must know what the hell happend to us - We gotta know a story to tell God! you know... God needs to know what is going on...
We need some evidence to throw before Gods holy chair - And say - SEE what they did to me!!

God look at those humans! they are all insane! Forgive me - atleast I knew what happend - I was just a innocent child playing with words. I did'nt pull the trigger - THEY DID!!!

-
We need an enemy in a world of enemies - We need a team to be on - to carry out our destiny!! To Score those Goals!! we need good teamplayers!

We need so much God!!
We need more money too!!
The latest toys and missiles!!

Not to mention - We need BLOOD, DEATH and destruction!!
We need all those things to be able to continue our path towards our doom.

When I lean back and think about it - Those people outside ATS who have no idea What the hell is going on on so many frontlines - Those people who just think it's hard to understand politics - yes! those people who just have an issue with politics - like it's no business of mine and yours...
What will happend when the first nuke have left the planes? those missiles going through the air we breath.

They will look for the guilty and evil roots of this action... BOOM!!

Who did it?

So they turn on their TV and look for the awnser! - And here are the pretty Journalist and showtalkers telling you "who did it!"

THEY DID IT!
We saw the signs - It was the russians!!
-
Now the illusion is complete - and the NWO will be a perfect work-hole for working Lemmings...

GOOD Morning Lemmings! - Get back to work - we tagged you now - The planet is safe...
-
What ever happend to the House-builder - Interresting perspective that Je'sus had.
Make a coup of tea for your family - they deserve it........

here is some pretty houses - This is actually what this world should look like all over the place - You be the builder - it's your planet - and your lifestyle.

But it wont happend in a million years - as long as these leaders of "WHATEVER" country is so eager to do nothing for it's slaves freedom.

You know - War really sucks. And so does our leaders and the mindless things they put into their obeying slaves. 8 Russian BOMBERS!!! What the hell?!?!!
-
Are you scared? or maybe you just don't know....
Sombody ought to pay for these crimes!!! Pay with their lives..

Get ready human-race...

TIME FOR WAR!!

cares it..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
now this is why i love this forum people like you
good post i agree something fishy is going on russian bombers penatrateing british airspace russia and other countries flexing there military muscles this is what i am trying to tell people it cant be a coincidence some thing bigger is happening just we dont no as always

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Seems to me to be the age-old tactic of keeping people scared to keep them under control.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Beachcoma

If we get another cold war, then that's reassuring. Life was good during the Cold War. Mutually Assured Destruction kept people from messing with each other. Remember the '70s and '80s? I miss those days.

I hate when people look back to the Cold War as if it were good times. I didn't live at the time, but what I can gather from history is that authoritarianism was rampant and government accountability very low. I don't think many people in Vietnam or Nicaragua or Afghanistan or all over the Third World miss the 70's and 80's. But who cares what they think, hm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join