It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well I've red a ton of things about the NWO and all this kind of things. One plan of the globalists is that they will do everything they can to make people believe that it's the end of the world, the apocalypse, to bring their puppet (jesus 2 or anyone else) to gather support for a world government and world religion.

This could be it. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

You may be right about the US trying to scare Iran, but I don't think Ahmadinejad is playing along. I think he wants the US to strike so he can bomb Israel or something like that. I think he believes an attack will rally the entire country behind him and he will be more powerful and leave a mark in history.

If he is actually trying to avoid a war, he needs to learn a thing or two. Same goes with our own POTUS.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think the US is scrambling to pull its nukes out of storage due to the new Russian bomber flights. I am not sure if the AF is just rusty at handling nukes now or if it was meant as a warning to Iran and maybe Russia.

I think the AF is just Rusty at loading the buffs with nukes =).

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Interesting observation about the helicopters. I live in Bangor Maine near the international airport/air force base. In the last 2 weeks, besides the regular Apache helicopter training flights around the area, some new Bell Oh-58 Kiowa's armed with an automated, forward mounted M296 .50 caliber machine gun has been patroling a 3 mile raduis around the base every 90-120 minutes(24 hours per day- I can hear it overhead at night). What's up with these? Bangor is the major air refueling wing for the east coast and new england, but what is going on with these new patrols- what are they worried about?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
May you live in interesting times... speaking of which... seems awfully quiet on the Chinese front, no?

Quiet like a fox!

Is China Quietly Dumping US Treasuries?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
So what dots have you connected together? What is, in your opinion, going on behind the scenes?

Well I'll chip in my 2 penneth if you are interested.

Russia is in an interesting position right now. Its seen its Warsaw Pact influences get chucked out the window, watched Pakistan and India develop into nuclear powers, and seen its regional influence in the Middle East get all shot to hell by the cowboy in the Whitehouse. Putin is concerned that any day soon there may be some smoking holes in the desert where a few Iranian nuclear facilities used to be, which will destabilise his countries position more. The Russian bear is grumbling and has sent a few of its toys out to play in the North Atlantic to remind everyone that, despite its quiet period during the reforms, it still has teeth and wants a say in the shape of the world.

Israel is desperate to get rid of any idea of Iranian nuclear weapons because its position as regional superpower will go out of the window. Its looking for any excuse it can to have a go at someone so the dots can be joined back to Iran, be it provoking the Syrians with overflights or dragging out evidence of Iranian rockets being used by Hammas.

The US, in its part, is torn, because the majority of people don't seem to want another war or military action against Iran following the folly of Iraq, and yet the Bush Administration clearly seems to have some kind of plan to try and confront Iran regardless of public opinion. It also sees a need to prop up the Israeli position, because Israel provides the US with the excuse to project power in the region.

The UK has had its fingers burned. Politically, another Labour Prime Minister supporting the US wholeheartedly like Blair did with Iraq will see the Labour Party more than likely dropped by the voting public in an election and consigned to the political wilderness like it was during the Thatcher and Major Years. At the same time, Britain wants to remain the voice of sanity and the bridge between the US and Europe. If the US attacks Iran, don't expect British assets other than tankers and airfields to be invoved.

Iran is mostly playing a watching brief. It knows that, if push comes to shove it really can't prevent itself from going the same way as Iraq (although it will give the US a far bloodier nose than Iraq did I suspect). When it boils down to it, the religious leaders (who declared a fatwah on the production of nuclear weapons in Iran btw) will, if need be, intervene, install a placid Prime Minister, sue for peace and protect their own interests providing that Israel doesn't do anything stupid to incite a religious war.

All in all it makes for a can of worms that can only be resolved by alot of talking, negotiating and thinking. That or several thousand deaths. I know which I'd prefer and its not in racks in bomb bay of a B-52.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks again gools for a most thoughtful and researched post. I love how the debunkers jump in like roaches on a chicken bone. Recent events point directly to a major happening this month. Do I wish it? Of course not. Do I see it coming? You betcha. This whole mess smells like a two week old carp in the hot august sun. Something is most certainly afoot. The put options on the market are reminiscent of the irregularities before 911. Duck and cover if there is any cover.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the world to end/catastrophic event to happen as predicted March and August...........

O h wait.........it's september now.......

[edit on 6-9-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Very good story.

"The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on September 14 to allow for a review of procedures."

Could this be Bush's way of setting us up for another Pearl Harbor/911 style attack.

www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/pearl.html

"7 Oct 1940 - Navy IQ analyst McCollum wrote an 8 point memo on how to force Japan into war with US. Beginning the next day FDR began to put them into effect and all 8 were eventually accomplished.

11 February 1941 - FDR proposed sacrificing 6 cruisers and 2 carriers at Manila to get into war."

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Sanity Lost]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
[
All in all it makes for a can of worms that can only be resolved by alot of talking, negotiating and thinking. That or several thousand deaths. I know which I'd prefer and its not in racks in bomb bay of a B-52.

I think you got it right.

I would add in as a side note that the Iran president might want to see the US attack them in some way to try and influence a few generations of young people who are showing a more moderate side into becoming future extremists. Extremism is the bedrock for that government, and lately it been showing cracks. .

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just some good old superstitious hoodoo:

Did you know that Tommorow is actually 7/7/2007?

Your probably thinking what? Its September the Ninth month of the year.

Well September was not always the Ninth month. Its name September actually means The Seventh Month. Just like Oct" 8 "tober, Nov" 9 "ember, and Dec" 10 "ember.

Just like to throw that out there. I have no idea of what 7/7/7 would signify but it sounds cool.

So hopefully there will be No Fire Works tommorow.
Boom

Seriously though this is just the Cold War just restarting. Russia has everything to gain by letting or causing America to go into Iran.

I mean everything. It will weaken or at least distract the US while having oil prices Skyrocket bringing more wealth to Mother Russia. I can imagine there are people in Moscow at the edge of their seats just waiting for the conflagration that will stretch from the Mediterranean to India. They have more to gain than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
but I reiterate that something BIG is missing.

I agree. I think the "something BIG" will be some sort of attack to spark the masses support for The Showdown with Iran. Which will draw in numerous other countries: Russia, China, Israel, Pakinstan, America, England, Austrailia, India, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and others will be sucked into the vaccumm of conflict in the Middle East.

Just as WWI was sparked by Austria-Hungary declaring war on Serbia, WWII was sparked by German invasion of Poland, I believe the Third World War's fuse was probably lit by the U.S. invasion of Iraq. The events leading up to all three involved much political unrest and sabre rattling.

reply to post by Hal9000

I find the Thunderdome idea a great one of sorts that I think the entire world would agree with.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
He said he has been noticing alot of helicopter activity, black hawkes to be exact..

I, too, have noticed an increased amount of military movements. And what I find more than odd is I seen alot of troop transports and excavation equipment being hauled around. I find this odd because if were we to engage Iran, I would think it'd mainly be an air war, given Iran's defenses and counter-strike ability. A ground war would be a ridiculous blunder on anyone's part. I think any strike would be distasterous, but any sort of ground forces on Iranian soil would be a folly a nation would never forget.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Kitty Hawk and Nimitz just moved into the Indian ocean and the Enteprise is already in the Gulf. The Kitty Hawk normally gaurds Japans waters so this is telling. I think the war with Iran is a go. It looks like the Coast Gaurd is very busy watching the waters around Macdill AFB too.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What worries me at the moment is that Putin, Bush, Howard and Hu are all within several miles of me right now. This APEC meeting would be a great opportunity for these leaders to meet face to face and discuss events such as their next phoney war.

In saying that, by the sounds of it Hu and Putin are on the other side of the fence so tensions might be high in the meeting rooms today.

After the Chaser's stunt yesterday, managing to drive a fake motorcade all the way to Bush's hotel, it proves that the security is not infallible and if the puppetteers wanted to use APEC as a false flag event and blame it on someone, they could.

'Oh no, those horrible Iranians have bombed Bush's hotel, however he somehow miraculously escaped by greeting the bomber, telling him to make it look authentic, and leaving the hotel'.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The Kitty Hawk and Nimitz just moved into the Indian ocean and the Enteprise is already in the Gulf. The Kitty Hawk normally gaurds Japans waters so this is telling. I think the war with Iran is a go. It looks like the Coast Gaurd is very busy watching the waters around Macdill AFB too.

Do you have a source I can verify?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by MikeboydUS

www.navy.mil...

Thanks now I can further analyze the developing mess.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Iran is a speed bump. Russia is a HUGE problem. On this one I am conflicted, Russia has every right to be concerned with a US strike on Iran, being that it sits next to them. However I hate Iran with a passion.....Dont know, it is a mess...Iran has to be bitch slapped but we will piss off Russia big time in doing so.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is all some interesting stuff, with some good analyses IMO. Hopefully nothing comes of it, of course. It's interesting to note that some of these stories may fall in line with Barnett R Rubin's blog announcement about a coordinated government-media-think tank effort to demonize Iran in early September--supposedly at the instructions of the Office of the Vice-President. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I think basically what we are seeing is a resumption of the cold war. As I understand, Putin has rolled back a lot of the freedoms givin the Russian people
and has started up the good old cold war sabre rattling, but if it brings back the days before all of this insane asymetric warfare, I'm not sure it's so bad an idea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join