It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nostradamus predict the rapture in Sept. 2007 ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Century 10, Quatrain 74:

The year 7 of the great number accomplished,
It will appear at the time of the games of hecatombe(slaughter),
Not far from the age of the great millennium,
When the dead will come out of their graves.

The great number accomplished...2000...the year 7 of that number(near the great millennium)...2007. Nostradamus mentions the games of hecatombe(Jeux d'Hecatombe). Most interpretations have this quoted as "the games of slaughter" but let's look at this verse more closely. Hecatombe was an event which occurred on the 4th day of the Olympic games of ancient Greece in Athens held every 4 years. On that day 100 cattle were slaughtered and sacrificed to the gods and everyone feasted for free...a big time BBQ. Sporting events that were held on that day included running, but more importantly, wrestling, boxing, and the most violent event, pankration, which was a combination of wrestling, boxing, kicking...a no holds barred competition where the participants wore no gloves or wrappings on their fists. I believe this was the most popular event and, indeed, the most favorite day of the entire Olympic games. This year from September 18-23 the 2007 World Olympic Wrestling Championships will be held in Baku, Azerbaijan(Baku interestingly means either "God" or "mount of God"). Notably as well, Rosh HaShannah(the 10-day Jewish holiday of the "Feast of Trumpets") begins on September 12 and culminates on Yom Kippur(Day of Atonement), the most holy of all Jewish holidays, September 22. Many believe that the Messiah(Moshiach) will return during this time of the Feast of Trumpets when the shofar blows. Could Nostradamus have seen the dead coming out of their graves as stated in the Bible? And might this all happen on Yom Kippur, September 22, 2007?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
intresting
but maybe he means that they will not physically come out of their graves...
maybe something else.but it seems you got the timing right

but I do belive in him
take that for example

Within casks anointed outside with oil and grease
twenty-one will be shut before the harbor,
at second watch; through death they will do great deeds;
to win the gates and be killed by the watch.

harbor...pearl harbor,twenty one is number of ships destroyed by the Jap@s

"When the attack ended shortly before 10:00 a.m., less than two hours after it began, the American forces has paid a fearful price. Twenty-one ships of the U.S. Pacific Fleet were sunk or damaged"

www.history.navy.mil...

so I believe he is right on some of his predictions...

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Count_Iron_Maggot]

don't want to hijack your therad,but can anyone figure this one out ? seems kind of importent

When twenty years of the Moon's reign have passed
another will take up his reign for seven thousand years.
When the exhausted Sun takes up his cycle
then my prophecy and threats will be accomplished.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Count_Iron_Maggot]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Century 1, Quatrain 48:

Vingt ans du regne de la lune passez,
Sept mil and autre tiendra sa monarchie:
Quand le soleil pendra ses jours lassez,
Lors accomplit & mine ma prophetie.

Twenty years of the reign from the moon have passed,
Another will take up his reign of the Seventh millennium:
When the sun (Christ?) takes up his remaining days,
Then my prophecy and warnings will be accomplished.

This is a slightly different translation from yours but, either way, I think this quatrain might be alluding to the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ. Whether it is interpreted as 7000 years or the 7th millenium, I believe he is probably referring to the same thing. Most theologians believe that we are at the very end of the 6th day (six thousandth year) from the birth of Adam (4004 B.C.) and are soon to enter the 7th day. The 1st verse about the 20 year (or maybe 20 cycle) reign of the moon has me stumped though. 20 years or cycles from what? But getting back to the original question of whether Nostradamus predicted the rapture or resurrection of the dead, he may have been referring to the discovery and unearthing-excavation of some famous person or persons or maybe even bones from some great catasrophy like an ancient earthquake or volocano similar to when Vesuvius buried Pompei. Or, even worse, maybe he was referring to Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles entombed in their underground silos," dead", for decades and "brought back to life" when they are raised (launched) and come out of their graves. Something to think about anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I cant remember the specifics but this reminds me of a video I saw about the seven days and six nights of the mayan calander/moon cycle

Anyone else see it and know what I mean?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When the dead will come out of their graves

it is more likely to be October 31st... Halloween isn't it

[edit on 17-8-2007 by silencee]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

When the dead will come out of their graves

That already happened.

He was watching "Thriller" when he wrote that down.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would just like to post a correction to the original message of this thread. The wrestling matches stated occurring in September 2007 from the 18th to the 23rd have nothing to do perse with the 2008 Olympic games. However, the FILA 2007 World Olympic-style Wrestling Championships is a huge international event comprised of Greco-Roman and freestyle matches involving competitors from all over the world and will certainly be broadcasted by TV sports channels everywhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
while the 'dead coming out of their graves' would be quite kodak moment, i think it is very unlikely. i for one cant believe a person that was so highly influenced by religion. also, i find lacking evidence for someone reading into more then what was actually stated. not to mention the time span that has passed between the writing and the translating.

while i also doubt that there are even any 'dead' in their graves that are going to start walking. i believe that the whole origin for that line is taken from this fairy tale called the bible. i believe it went something like this '...and when hell is full, the dead will walk amongst the living...'

so for the most part if i am correct about the origin of that line (which i may be completely wrong) then nostradamus basically plagiarized(sp?).

so i for one wont put any faith in a plagiarize-ing fortune teller.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Don't follow and put to much faith in Nostradamus, because he seemed to have an occultic influence about Him.

But as far as the rapture there are some Bible indications that it is getting close.

I don't know if you are familiar with the book 'Prophecies in the Psalms',
if not then in a nutshell, Psalm 1= 1901 and so on.

When you come to Psalm 107 which would equal 2007 you find this:

Pss.107
[1] O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
[2] Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
[3] And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
[4] They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
[5] Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
[6] Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
[7] And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
[8] Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

The redeemed were gathered out from all directions and the Lord led them to a city of habitation(heaven?)

Sounds like the rapture to me, but we'll see. Also there seems to be a 1 year difference between what some of the Psalms say and the year they indicate. In other words Psalm 107 could be off by one year and refer to 2008.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary7
The 1st verse about the 20 year (or maybe 20 cycle) reign of the moon has me stumped though.

Once again I do not want to encourage anyone to spend their time studying Nostradamus. The Bible is filled with alot of treasures so it should be studied.

2 Peter 3:[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

and

Rev.8
[1] And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

If 1000 years is like one day to God, then how long is the half hour to God from Revelation8:1,.............it's 20.83 years on earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
i believe it went something like this '...and when hell is full, the dead will walk amongst the living...'

The above line is not in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
unfortunately i dont notice anything indicating any sort of 'rapture' from this so called almighty.
sure i read psalm 107 but, unfortunately again, i didnt read psalm 2007 nor did i see the correlation between the two.
nor do i see anything that indicated anything having to do with today's point in time.

everything stated sounds very vague, i mean your making a supposed prophecy (and not just any prophecy but one about the end times), and what do you do? i know, lets make it as vague as possible, so that people will have to read into things and words that aren't even written (ex..'heaven'). i mean if your going to read it, then read it as it is written, imo.

not to mention the editing over hundreds of years, then the translations, then the editing again, and then the imagining of what it might be trying to say instead of what it does actually say, so after re-translating and editing in peoples own minds, i think that were left with very little if anything of substance. imo

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
im not thinking rapture here but for the dead to be seen to rise from the grave, you would be looking at a big eathquake that will happen someplace where there is a mass grave, im not up on the USA but are there really people who were killed in WW2 lade to rest in the big cematary with all the white crosses? and if so is this city on a fault line?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
o forgot to add that there has been a post regarding the increase of quakes lately on this site

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Dead rising from their graves is obviously from the bible.

Jesus will return, to heck with the haters.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
unfortunately i dont notice anything indicating any sort of 'rapture' from this so called almighty.
sure i read psalm 107 but, unfortunately again, i didnt read psalm 2007 nor did i see the correlation between the two.
nor do i see anything that indicated anything having to do with today's point in time.

not to mention the editing over hundreds of years, then the translations, then the editing again, and then the imagining of what it might be trying to say instead of what it does actually say, so after re-translating and editing in peoples own minds, i think that were left with very little if anything of substance. imo

The rapture is Jesus taking the saved people(up till that point) of the world to heaven.

Reread Psalm 107. It says the Lord(Jesus) gathered the redeemed(saved)
of the lands(countries of earth) and takes them to a city of habitation(heaven). That's a pretty good description of the rapture.

As far as the editing of the Bible into translations over vast amounts of time......................that's called an excuse. Alot of people use it so they don't have to read the Bible. They think it gets them off the hook when it really doesn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I find Nostradamus's teachings quite interesting although I put no faith in them. I tend not to lay my faith in the words of long-dead "prophets" or "seers". I don't believe a prediction for the world's end should be taken more seriously than a prediction about who will win in an athletic competition. It might happen and it might not happen. Predicting events with vague phrases such as "The year 7 of the great number accomplished," cannot and should not be taken at face value. If he truly knew the future, a concrete statement would have been made; Not just a vague prediction.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
im with you dlhenry. i could say a few thousand vague things and some where down the line they would match something.

as far as the pslams thing, the bible also states that no man know the hour or the day. i dont think that god would have hid it in the bible and i doubt he told nostrodams.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Dead rising from their graves is obviously from the bible.

Jesus will return, to heck with the haters.

No, not to heck. We're supposed to help them. What if you saw that someone you could have helped was not written in the book of life because no one saved them? They'd be doomed 4ever.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Motion-Man]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm thinking the "dead rising from their graves" could be the victims of this current administration being brought to light by people seeking the truth. The earthquake idea is good too, but maybe too literal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join