It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

I agree wholeheartedly that ATS is at the pinnacle of fearmongering, but I wonder how much of it is because 'all the crazies' that reside here daily or how much of it is because ATS is a place where many of the 'fringe' theories can be debated in a mostly educated manner.

I wonder if you happened to look at each of the threads that I linked, or if you were quoting the links to show the amount of fear mongering that goes on? Because ironically, I tried to organize the thread titles in a 'madlibs' sort of story. But even more ironic, is that in doing so, I am consciously doing it to effect each reader's subconscious, possibly fear.

I imagine that many who view this thread didn't bother to look at the thread links I posted because they thought that they are the same sort of sky is falling mentality that runs rampant here. But no comment on how the the Astrology is lining up with all the Chickenhawk Feather ruffling

Also no comments regarding the New Moon on Sept 11, 2007? I thought the New Moon was the most telling sign regarding a possible stealth air campaign on Iranian targets. The solar Eclipse part is telling if in fact certain 'puppetmasters' make the puppets dance in relation to the heavens.

I am not an astrologist, but even I see way too much 'mojo' in the near future.
DocMoreau

Also, has anyone mentioned the New Osama Tape, or how he supposedly is wearing a fake beard, just in time for 9-11 memorials?

edit to add: Oh just when I posted, I saw this was flagged: Bin Laden To Address the USA ON 9/11 anniversary

[edit on 7/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's a war of bluffers. They're all bluffing, let's see who blink 1st, Iran, Syria, Russia, US?

By the way, don't bluff against Israel, they'll just air strike you and call it a day. (my kind of nation, no-nonsense national security)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
It's a war of bluffers. They're all bluffing, let's see who blink 1st, Iran, Syria, Russia, US?

By the way, don't bluff against Israel, they'll just air strike you and call it a day. (my kind of nation, no-nonsense national security)

Yeah, I guess the United States are kind of like that no-nonsense security, at least domestically. You know, COINTELPRO, MK-Ultra, unwarranted phone taps... good times, good times.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I this this is one of the best threads I have read in a long time...

After having just posted these two little tidbits: here and here.

The possibilities are endless.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
here is a story I came across just now

www.nytimes.com...

I think it is an interesting piece since It is coming out now after after the Osama video

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Who is this 'Site Instuitute'?

They seem to be the ones who are providing all the intel about Al Qaida, not the CIA...

Or are they?

Best wishes to you all, on this 'hallowed eve'
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The noise seems to be everywhere:

www.halturnershow.com...

and

www.halturnershow.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I suppose this might as well be included in the thread:

Pentagon planning base near Iraq-Iran border

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Strange that the incident between Israel and Syria is getting airplay today with an admission that Israel did in fact fire upon targets in Syria: Sources Confirm Israeli Air Strikes on Syria!

There is also speculation that it's part of training missions or probing defences in preparation for an attack on Iran: Israeli Jets Run Iran Attack Drill?

More on the September 14 military flight groundings: September 14th: A day to remember? Speaking of which, the latest round of short-term asset-backed commercial paper (a majority of which is shouldered on the floundering and devaluing real estate market) comes due on Thursday (by midnight?) which means that Friday the 14th will be an interesting day for the markets (linky)

and...

The most disturbing of all developments in the "nuke transportation mishap"?

ATS Premium: Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
not sure how many of you have seen this, but this is one scenario I certainly don't ever want to see fulfilled.

Mass Slaughter In Our Schools: The Terrorists' Chilling Plan?

didn't someone mention missing school buses?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
So what dots have you connected together? What is, in your opinion, going on behind the scenes?

Well I'll chip in my 2 penneth if you are interested.

Russia is in an interesting position right now. Its seen its Warsaw Pact influences get chucked out the window, watched Pakistan and India develop into nuclear powers, and seen its regional influence in the Middle East get all shot to hell by the cowboy in the Whitehouse. Putin is concerned that any day soon there may be some smoking holes in the desert where a few Iranian nuclear facilities used to be, which will destabilise his countries position more. The Russian bear is grumbling and has sent a few of its toys out to play in the North Atlantic to remind everyone that, despite its quiet period during the reforms, it still has teeth and wants a say in the shape of the world.

Israel is desperate to get rid of any idea of Iranian nuclear weapons because its position as regional superpower will go out of the window. Its looking for any excuse it can to have a go at someone so the dots can be joined back to Iran, be it provoking the Syrians with overflights or dragging out evidence of Iranian rockets being used by Hammas.

The US, in its part, is torn, because the majority of people don't seem to want another war or military action against Iran following the folly of Iraq, and yet the Bush Administration clearly seems to have some kind of plan to try and confront Iran regardless of public opinion. It also sees a need to prop up the Israeli position, because Israel provides the US with the excuse to project power in the region.

The UK has had its fingers burned. Politically, another Labour Prime Minister supporting the US wholeheartedly like Blair did with Iraq will see the Labour Party more than likely dropped by the voting public in an election and consigned to the political wilderness like it was during the Thatcher and Major Years. At the same time, Britain wants to remain the voice of sanity and the bridge between the US and Europe. If the US attacks Iran, don't expect British assets other than tankers and airfields to be invoved.

Iran is mostly playing a watching brief. It knows that, if push comes to shove it really can't prevent itself from going the same way as Iraq (although it will give the US a far bloodier nose than Iraq did I suspect). When it boils down to it, the religious leaders (who declared a fatwah on the production of nuclear weapons in Iran btw) will, if need be, intervene, install a placid Prime Minister, sue for peace and protect their own interests providing that Israel doesn't do anything stupid to incite a religious war.

All in all it makes for a can of worms that can only be resolved by alot of talking, negotiating and thinking. That or several thousand deaths. I know which I'd prefer and its not in racks in bomb bay of a B-52.

I think you provide a great and quite possibly accurate depiction of this powder keg that has been building up.

I don't buy into all these 9/11 theories about false flag ops, etc. I think that Bush is definately feeding the mil-indust complex but I don't think he is out for global domination or WW3. I do not think the US has any plans to invade Iran. However I am fairly certain we will see US/Israel air strikes against Iranian military targets in the near future. This could spark some serious tension between the US and Russia/China/Pakistan which is what I personally am concerned about.

Putin seems to want to revive the cold war. I hope that you are right and he just wants to play a bigger part in world politics, but nuclear brinkmanship is good for no one. I think I might get a few rolls of duct tape next time I'm in the hardware store :p

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All the 'brinksmanship' of the US toward Iran may just be the beginning of a total collapse of our economy.

A successful assault on the US dollar will make America crawl on its knees with a minimum of movements. And this assault can come from China, Russia or Iran - or a combination of the three - if they ever decide that they have had enough of US bullying.

www.atimes.com...

the entire essay is really worth reading - it shows what we are really up against with our over the top attitude in the middle east and else where.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, did you all have to go and put this all together so well? Seriously gools,
youve done and outstanding job, so has many of the other posters here who keep adding more.

Now, if you will excuse me, im going to go change my pants before I begin digging a fall out shelter in my basement.

I dont have a link to add, but I do have a question for all of you. Perhaps it is due to what you all have pointed out so well. The past 6 weeks or so, especially the past couple of days, military choppers of all sorts have been flying over more than I have ever seen. I am curious if anyone else has noticed the same in there areas. I know it has been the topic of discussion around here.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ok, sorry im embarassed. I see all the threads now. Go figure, Im out of commision for a while and all hell breaks loose. EEks I have a lot of reading to do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join