It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Doesn't he have a beacon that would signal a satellite.

How far could he go without crashing.

Nevada desert is big, latest on TV was no signals.

His watch signal was not activated or the planes.

Any UFO activity in that area, they run on beams and could cause
a plane controls to freeze up. Cause a fire.
Necessitating a fuel cut off.
If he could operate after the shock of the beam electricity wore off.

Most likely he suffered a stroke.

But no fire has been spotted, thats strange...
OK then, Alien abduction.. the Army-Air Force favorite lie.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I certainly hope Steve is okay however it is looking grim. 3 days without water in the Nevada desert is fatal. There doesn't seem to be any explanation why there was no ELT signal either from the airplane or his watch. There will however, probably be a prosaic explanation.

If there is not a prosaic exxplanation immediately available, here is my theory. This is a theory and a theory only. Please do not take offense or accuse me of being disrespectful to Steve or his family as it is not meant to be.

Steve took off from Barron's Ranch and headed southeast towards Mud Lake. He would not have headed East (Wassuk Range), he would not have headed north (he already new about Black Rock) and didn't have to fly over it and he would not have headed West because there are very few dry lakes in the Sierra Nevada.

Steve heads southeast around the Wassuk range and spots the Hawthorne Army Ammunition Depot just 8 miles away. He notices that there is no restricted area over it so he decides to take a look at the thousands of weird shapes on the ground just south of Walker Lake.

Unbeknownst to Steve the Army Depot is also the Site of the Naval Undersea Warfare Training Center. Also unbeknownst to Steve, John Lear has just posted an expose of NUWC (on ATS) and its secret submarine base below the desert floor. Way below.

NUWC is on high alert because of the expose outing them and their submarine base and they are po'd. Here comes a little airplane that they suspect is John Lear looking for submarines. They wait until Steve gets over the base and blast him with the new Navy plasma beam directed weapon which disintegrates the ELT (so no signal) disintegrates Steves watch (so so signal) and disintegrates Steve and his airplane. What is left falls onto the NUWC range. They all run over there and discover its not John Lear its Steve Fossett.

The head Admiral says, "Make this go away. Now."

Tom Bedlam, known government disinfo agent is called in and Tom posts (in a masteful attempt at diversion, which not only includes NUWC but John Lear Conspiracy Theorist):

originaly posted by Tom Bedlam

OK, John, now that you guys have had your little fun, Mrs Fossett wants here husband back.

Tell the guys to dump him outside the main gate. I'm sure he's learned his lesson about overflying keep out areas.

So Bedlam here has effectively gotten NUWC off the hook by getting in the first shot, which included John Lear and making it all one ha ha ha as far as NUWC is concerned and feigning concern for Steve and Mrs. Fossett.

Meanwhile Navy Disinfo at the Pentagon goes into full swing sending socalsonly in to start a ruckus on the Is There A Navy Submarine Base Under The Nevada Desert? to divert any questions that might include how close NUWC is to the point of Steves disappearance. Socalsonly fakes Navy warmth and friendship (I know, oxymoron) and invites Lear for a drink as in 'all is forgotten'.

To be continued.

This is in no way meant as any disrespect for Steve as I know he would have wanted it this way.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nevada does have a high background radiation level. Could that interfere with the ELT beacon?

Edit to add: not sour grapes, but if it were me or any other no name schlub would we get the same responce? I mean how many millions were spent locating JFK Jr's a/c????

[edit on 9/6/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think I heard of China Lake for weapons proving grounds... even the Navy.

Submarines in the desert...eh.

Not the flying kind I trust because we never heard of such a thing.

Levitation of metal objects is beyond the scope of our knowledge.

Edison levitated objects by use of his movies in response to tales
of Tesla doing the same thing... well its a long story.. keep on reading
the web.

So it looks like he could have landed any where in the desert and will
some how be taken out of any restricted area and transported to
a non National Security area.

ED: no drinking while on CT duty, which is full time..

[edit on 9/6/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John do they still let you fly? Why are you not trying to help find him?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The sense of urgency to determine where Fossett went was evident Thursday when authorities began using sonar to search Walker Lake, about 15 miles northeast of the private ranch where Fossett had been staying. They hoped to rule it out as a possible crash site.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Isn't this going to panic the submarines.

Seriously though I sincerely hope that Steve is well and found soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If that lake was a James Bond lake that hid the Aether Submarine, or rods as some dis infos call them, in underground caverns, then any search party
would be called off.

More searches are being put together.

Somehow, when some go missing, they were very close by when found.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
John,

Ed Dames just contacted George Noory on Coast to Coast and said, " I'm very sorry but Steve Fossett is dead." Mr. Dames said he would give the exact location within 36-42 hours.
Anybody know how often he's been correct? I thought I heard something on the news tonight that they might be onto something.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm a new member and guess I Hit wrong button so hope this works this time.

Saw comment re Ed Dames. Seems he does RV's. So do I but I think it's no big deal. It's just a human ability that has yet to be fully assessed in an empirical manner. However, it can be useful sometimes. In respect of this my own feeling is that Mr Fossett's aircraft went down near Luning, near a double ridge (ie into a deep gully between them if you follow). Other possibility is Mono Lake, but besides the obvious link between the two names I tend to the former.

I am very impressed by Mr Lear's comments and suggestions in this case. I was not aware of the submarine base and will read up on it if this info does not get "taken down".

EDIT: This is a huge site so if it's not against the rules to ask I would appreciate any advice on how to find Mr Lear's information about the submarines.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by JustMike]

[edit on 7-9-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think Mr Lear was taking a bit out the Lyne (and Tesla) play book
and did a very good job.

He writes much better than I do.

I have nothing to do with such CT but like to edge it in on occasion,
well most occasions.

An expanded search is all heard today.

But UFOs do ride on beams, not the type that held up towers in the
once WTC, but electrical type beams.

ED: aether subs, torpedoes or rods have front and back suspension

[edit on 9/7/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Was just watching CNN. They said that the search for Fossett has covered 10000 square miles....and still no sign of him.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow. Plasma beam from NUWC disintegrating Mr. Fossett and his watch and aircraft, because they thought it was John Lear, who had just outed their sub base on ATS. Stranger than Fiction.

Occam's Razor says timothyfryer is most likely right with his abandoned mine/rock overhang theory.

But Occam's Razor doesn't take into account disinfo agents and "unknown unknowns."

And why would Mr. Fossett taxi his plane over a pile of sagebrush hiding an abandoned mineshaft? Furthermore, how could it possibly end up beneath a rock overhang?

Also, JustMike registers this morning just to make a post to this thread. So RV'ing is no big deal, but why does he seem more interested in the NUMA sub base and John than the search for Mr. Fossett? Mono Lake is out of the question, imo, no dlb's around there, and where is Luning?

Curiouser and curiouser.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Also, JustMike registers this morning just to make a post to this thread. So RV'ing is no big deal, but why does he seem more interested in the NUMA sub base and John than the search for Mr. Fossett? Mono Lake is out of the question, imo, no dlb's around there, and where is Luning?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Thank you for your comments.

RV'ing is no big deal. People who can do it are just ordinary people and if they declare otherwise and state they are somehow "special" they should be viewed with some concern.

I don't see anything odd (or curious) about registering to make a post on this site. I assume many people do the same thing. We all start with something and I found this site during a search for information on where Mr Fossett may be.

Luning is about 25 or 30 miles east of Hawthorn, Nevada at the junction of highway 95 and route 361 -- which I found out by looking at google maps to study the search area being covered by those searching for Mr Fossett. If you look at the map you'll find it easily enough. I stated that Mono Lake is not so likely so we partly agree there. However, to declare any location that was within range of his aircraft (and in fact near a straight flight path to his intended destination in Bishop) as "out of the question" is a point we'll have to agree to disagree on. Of course I respect your right to your own opinion.

Like most people, I am interested in many things. I have no particular interest in Mr Lear himself but what he says is certainly of interest, because he has put forward an idea to suggest why Mr Fossett may be missing. I think therefore it is not unreasonable to wish to learn more about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i think the reality is that he would have been flying low altitude while exploring, and if there was any kind of malfunction or failure in his plane at such low altitudes he would barely have enough time to do what was required and not be able to get off any radio calls or beacons.

one minute all is good, the next somethings wrong and youve got barely any time to look around for a good landing spot in close proximity, maximise lift to keep in the air while still maintaing respectable airspeed to cover a bit of distance, all while determining what the prob is, etc etc.

in a nutshell he would have had little altitude left and be so busy in the cockpit trying to save his own arse that he might not have had time to get off radio calls or activate any beacons... its happened before in aircraft large and small.

- i did see on the news that they "claimed" a nearby plane picked up an emergency signal but it stopped soon after, long before the plane could get a good bearing on the signals origin

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying your intent and purpose. I am so reassured.

Again, there is no reason, imo, that Mr. Fossett would have been in the vicinity of Mono Lake if his intent, as stated, was to scout dry lake beds. I hadn't heard he was headed to Bishop. From the initial info on his disappearance, he was planning to return to the Flying M Ranch after no more than a couple hours in the air. It is not a straight line, btw, and there are no dry lake beds in that area or along that route.

Thanks for the Luning location. Lots more likely area, though from looking at the map I would guess further south and east, if he made it that far. I don't claim to be able to RV, I just have lucid dreams once in a while.

My feeling now is that he and his aircraft will turn up in Walker Lake. I'm not convinced he crashed there, but I think that is where he will be found. It will explain the lack of ELT and watch transmissions and get NUWC off the hook for the moment. Might be a little too close to home, though, so I could be wrong once again. I do think he is underwater, or under something, somewhere out there. Is that specific enough for you?

Here's the link to Mr. Lear's thread on a possible Navy Submarine Base Under the Nevada Desert? You're right, you can register and post to whatever forum you wish. Forgive me if I didn't welcome you aboard with open arms.

peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I heard Mr. Fossett wasn't a true daredevil, in a sense. Do you really think he would have flew so low.... that it was impossible to pull out of? Something had to force down his plane ie- out of fuel or???

I hope Mr. Ed Dames is wrong, but it's looking that way.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

40 years ago they had a video cam at Groom Lake that could track an airplane and look through the windows into the cockpit and and passenger cabin. I can only imagine what they have now.

If they had this technology then wouldn’t they of being able to identify you before they disintegrated the plane with today’s technology?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by eddiemaiden_80]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Thanks for the Luning location. Lots more likely area, though from looking at the map I would guess further south and east, if he made it that far. I don't claim to be able to RV, I just have lucid dreams once in a while.

I do think he is underwater, or under something, somewhere out there. Is that specific enough for you?

Forgive me if I didn't welcome you aboard with open arms.

peace.

Thank you for the comments... Regarding locations and not being in or from the US I had to rely on what I could find online that appeared to equate to what I "saw" and lay within the stated search area. Lucid dreams are of course equally valid and you could well be right: I'm perfectly fallible and am quite willing to accept alternatives to my own

Under something? Yes, that's specific enough -- for me anyway. No arguments there. Regarding the town of Bishop, it was mentioned as his destination in some on-line media reports I read. (eg CNN.com Thurs Sep 6, 7:31 am update... I gather I shouldn't post external links here but that info will find it for any who wish to read it.) Of course, as Mr Fossett filed no flight plan Bishop's importance is conjectural -- and the news media are not infallible in any case. And yes, Mono Lake is useless for his purposes -- which is why I considered it a less likely place. It is the name of it and how that links to Luning that made me give it some mention.

In respect of flight plans, a friend I often flew with always filed one, even if we were only going on a run to a relatively close destination. And when we finished our trip and he called Tower and said "Cancel S.A.R." there was always a feeling which I can't describe but which anyone who flies can probably relate to... And please, I say this with no criticism of Mr Fossett, who is a brilliant pilot...it's just an "I wish..." thought if you follow me.

Many thanks for the internal link you provided. I am still learning to navigate this site and you have helped me greatly. I'll read it when time allows.

Main thing is that Mr Fossett be found soon. My thoughts are with him and of course his wife and loved ones.

Icarus Rising, your final words moved me and I thank you. Truly. It takes a very big person to ask for forgiveness...even though you did nothing to really require it. I felt some skepticism in your previous post but no malice...It is so often a problem that when we have nothing but words on a screen, we may not be interpreted as we intend. It was my first post here (second try as the first attempt "vanished") and hence in my frustration was not so well written as I would have wished...

Peace also to you.

In response to another post about emergency situations at low altitude... Even assuming that Mr Fossett's aircraft's glide ratio is around 10 to 1 (or better??), then low-altitude flight over rugged terrain would be very problematic in the event of a sudden loss of engine power (or use of it as in a loose or damaged prop, for example). I have read, though, that in this region the air movement above the ravines and ridges is very unpredictable and sudden gusts can dramatically affect a small aircraft's ability to fly or at least remain controllable if it is flown too low. Time to recover the aircraft's stability would be minimal and even a superb pilot would have serious problems.

The same scenario (over rugged terrain) would apply if a pilot experienced a sudden and debilitating medical problem, or if the aircraft suffered a bird strike which either damaged vital surfaces, the engine, or perhaps disabled the pilot to some degree. Don't know what birds are in that area, but any person, no matter how apparently fit, can suffer a medical problem. Mr Fossett, being the excellent pilot he is, would certainly avail himself of regular checkups, reducing that medical risk to its lowest level.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

In respect of flight plans, a friend I often flew with always filed one, even if we were only going on a run to a relatively close destination.

That is what has me baffled, Mr Fossett, even though he challenged the limits, as far as I know never threw caution to the wind, he was always as safe as the limits he challenged would let him be.

He had an attention to detail, and safety was never ignored.

He didn't file a flight plan, or so reported, the emergency locator failed, or was possibly blocked by the terrain according to the Civil Air Patrol spokeswoman.

It just doesn't add up, like I said earlier it reminded me of the microsoft security software guru (Jim Gray I believe),who disappeared in his boat of af San Francisco with no trace. The late request to review google earth data reminded me of this further.

I just can't come to grips that every possible tracking/locating device at his disposal (I might be wrong but I heard he had a watch with some type of emergency tracking), no flight plan, that Mr Fossett would ever put himself in this kind of situation, his record of being as safe as possible prevents me to believe that he took off in that plane with no regard to safety.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Adfter hearing the news and learning of the location, my immediate thought was oh no he got too close to Area 51. Then i thought of that famous female aviator Amy Johnston. She disappaered in 1938 i think?? Anyhow there seems little chance of him being found alive now. Sad end to an exciting life

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join