It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by WASTYT

And what about radar? Why wouldnt radar have tracked his plane?

With the surveillance techniques available to the government which includes satellite monitoring it is unlikely that someone somewhere in the government doesn't know exactly where Steves airplane is but its unlikely that they would divulge such information the risk of which would compromise how closely we all are watched whatever we are doing.

Thanks John,

and I guess thats what I was getting at...Wouldnt there have been highly sensitive military radar that wouldve been able to track his every movement? NORAD, dont they have radar that watches over every inch of our airspace. Sorry for all of these questions, I just dont know enough about radar capabilities and how extensively theyre used....

Just seems strange to me that there wouldnt be a tracking record of his flight by radar...

All of these military bases in Nevada(some top secret), and they werent watching his plane? Maybe Im being naive.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
John Lear stated,

"With the surveillance techniques available to the government which includes satellite monitoring it is unlikely that someone somewhere in the government doesn't know exactly where Steves airplane is but its unlikely that they would divulge such information the risk of which would compromise how closely we all are watched whatever we are doing"

John I thought that was the case. So whoever is watching is watching a man die. I wonder how they sleep at night.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Just seems strange to me that there wouldnt be a tracking record of his flight by radar...

One of the links in my previous posts addressed this, although not in detail. Basically, it says they're working on it.

9/7/2007
TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AFPN) -- Air Force Rescue Coordination Center

One method used to aid in the search for Mr. Fossett is radar forensics, or "data reduction," which is the analysis of raw radar data from around the U.S. This process compares radar data to radar hits from known aircraft operating under visual flight rules, or VFR. These aircraft "squawk" either a unique air traffic control assigned code or a generic VFR code of 1,200 on their transponder, an avionics device that ATC radar controllers use to follow the flight of aircraft in their area.

Had Mr. Fossett requested flight following, he would have been assigned a unique transponder code that would have made his flight track much easier to trace.

Once all known flight paths are removed from the radar data, the remaining radar "hits" are correlated for possible flight paths of unknown aircraft.

[edit on 9/9/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
John, I understand their reasons for not going and getting Mr. Fossett because of the risk that would compromise how closedly we are watched.
But, why couldn't they have had a common civilian just stumble, upon the wreckage. As long as he/she kept their mouths shut?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks makeitso, I missed your post earlier. Good to hear that theyre looking into it. There has to be more than enough radar data for them to look thru I would think...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sounds like they are really pressing the "if he filed a flight plan", from now on I bet everyone will file a flight plan from now on.... Which makes it easier for them to follow your last move. No freedoms anymore!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Something rather unusual here.

This professional guy flys without a flight plan just for an hours flyby than goes missing.

Why would he not file a plan than fly somewhere without telling some one what he's up to.

This is beginning to look as if a mystery is in the works.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by WorldShadow]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by racerzeke

Sounds like they are really pressing the "if he filed a flight plan", from now on I bet everyone will file a flight plan from now on.... Which makes it easier for them to follow your last move. No freedoms anymore!

It didn't matter whether or not he filed a flight plan. If the transponder beacon was being picked up then it was being recorded. The only difference is he would have been assigned a 'discrete' code which wouldn't have made it all that much easier to find him as not many planes fly in that area. Assuming the beacon was being picked up at all there might have been what..2 airplanes in the entire area? All they do is press 'PRINT' on the last scan before the track came to an abrupt halt, overlay it on a map and thats where he is.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

having trained for and done some S&R as a Scout and for a bit after its much harder htan meerly flying around and looking for a downed airplane. There are so many unmarked canyons, terrain features etc that could be hiding the wreck is really a needle in a haystack as the search director described.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not sure how to correctly do quotes of external sources here yet but I found this in an online report today (Sept 10) by a major American news agency with a (can I say) very alphabetical name, headed "Sighting in Nevada Isn't Fossett's Plane":

Rescue crews searching for famed millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett stumbled upon another false lead Sunday when they discovered what they thought was a downed airplane but didn't find the missing aviator.

Rescue crews spotted an object southeast of the private ranch where Fossett was staying 80 miles southeast of Reno when he took off Monday for what was supposed to be a three-hour flight. Authorities did not say what the sighting was, only that it wasn't Fossett's plane.

Note the "what they thought was a downed airplane" and "did not say what the sighting was" parts. Hey, these authorities thought it was a plane then discovered it wasn't, but don't [want] to say what the "object" is.

Why the heck not? Duhh...what looks an awful lot like a downed airplane but isn't actually a downed airplane, but is an "object" that authorities don't want to identify? (Answers on a postcard...)

I am beginning to think that the CT people here are onto something. Am I reading too much into this -- or maybe not enough?

[edit on 10-9-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Something occured to me today while I was eating lunch, and if it's been brought up already, sorry, I just didn't want to read the whole damn thread to find out.
Isn't Fossett the guy who was doing the sub-orbital flights? Was he yapping about what he saw up there? UFOs?

I've always thought that nothing would ever come of civilians in space because there's too many things they're not supposed to see up there.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So what's the real story here?

Did the B-52 bomber from the news fly over this area?

It seems fishy to me that so many resources would be dispatched to search for what is nothing more than a missing person.

Did the B-52 jettison a nuke?

Is that what the 17,000 square mile search is really about?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He's topped 50,000 ft in a glider, a world record, but he has never been on a sub-orbital flight with SpaceShip1. He's also never been into orbital space on any other craft.

All his records are on his Wiki page:
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a link to news on how you can help locate the plane or wreckage of the plane on Google Earth. New satellite images have been added of the area they suspect the plane to be in, and the thread has links to set up your Google Earth to get the recent hi-res coverage of the area.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And just why is this thread in "Breaking Alternative News" ???
There's nothing strange or unusual about the loss of this plane or it's pilot.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's what you think. That may not be the case. If you read through the thread, you might be able to figure out why.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that he may have been caught in a time/space distortion, and very well could be fighting against Japanese Zeros in WW2 right now?

I've seen it happen before, it's not pretty.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Isn't Fossett the guy who was doing the sub-orbital flights? Was he yapping about what he saw up there? UFOs?
I've always thought that nothing would ever come of civilians in space because there's too many things they're not supposed to see up there.

Peace

Ive been wondering the same thing...Fossett has been sposored by Virgin so there's undoubtedly a connection to Richard Bronson, and possibly Virgin Galactic which is spearheading sub-orbital space flight... Who would be better than Fossett to test these new spacecraft? And wasn't there a tragic explosion back in July that killed 3 engineers at a test facility (for Scale Deposits, the company building the spacecraft)in the Mojave desert the day before a scheduled unveiling of the project? Yes there was...

And now Fossett mysteriously disappears without any trace. hmm

Damn, the conspiracy wheels are turning again...make it stop

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Isn't that how G.H.W. Bush ended up in the water during, what was it, the Battle of Midway?

I always thought his boy was a little too much of a chip off the old block, if you know what I mean. And that missing time from the ANG always struck me as suspicious.

But seriously, would the UFO's let him through the dimensional rift created by the PX? I thought they controlled access to the wormhole.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

You assume I haven't read the thread.
Speculation and wild theories are lots of fun, but none of it is fact until we have some credible evidence.

I'll return to the thread when a plane is found and the speculation is blown out of the water.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath.

You are the one making the mistaken assumption that there is no conspiratorial angle to this story. I suggest you take whatever agenda you are pursuing here elswhere.

Thank you. Good day.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by WASTYT

Who would be better than Fossett to test these new spacecraft?

As qualified as Steve was he had absolutely no experience of the type necessary to test fly the new spacecraft. He was not qualified in any high performance military jet nor had he attended any test pilots school either Navy, Air Force or civilian nor had he any experience in testing high performance aircraft. He had neither the educational background or experience to test fly spacecraft.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join