It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The AP News story on my homepage this morning says;

Rescue crews scaled back their search for millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett after two weeks with no sign of his missing plane in Nevada's rugged high desert.

Five National Guard helicopters continued the effort Tuesday, along with several private aircraft from the ranch where Fossett had been staying. But the Civil Air Patrol, which had 20 planes and 60 searchers aloft over the weekend, suspended further flights and left two planes and a small team on standby in Minden.
No Link at this Time

CAP is bowing out. That is a major blow to the search effort. It strikes me as kind of strange that six or seven other crash sites have been located, but not Steve's.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Considering the size of the area they were searching, and the fact that there was no flight plan to help them out, I'm not surprised. There have been cases where they DID have a flight plan and never found anything.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Major Ed Dames & his team won't be going to the new pinpoint search area for another week. He said, "Mr. Fossett died shortly, after the crash." I imagine it takes time to get all his people and equipment together.

teslaandLyne replied,

Names don't change that quick out in the west.

I don't understand teslaandLyne
Do you think Kennedy Canyon is a bogus location? Just confused is all and I really respect your opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

You seem to set some store by Major Dames, I only became aware of him in this thread and simply Wikipediaed ( is that the correct term?) him.

So, whilst I cannot comment on his techniques, I do find it a little strange for him to say he and his team won't be ready for a week with the 'certainty' that Steve died in the crash and therefore implying no need to rush.

If the Major is taken seriously by even a small group of people and I include Steve's own personnel, then surely THEY would be searching that area while he 'prepares' his team.

It goes without saying, but now I'm going to say it anyway!
The longer this is 'delayed', the more obvious Steve won't be found 'in good health'.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ed Dames response on his forum website @

www.rvcommunity.net...

Doesn't matter -- we're going in, ourselves. The crash site has been narrowed down to a 1-square mile area (map location might be posted on the C2C website, tonight). I don't think that we need to cut it down further to find the target on the ground.

I agree with you TommyCrown. Why's he waiting sooooo long? He could have had his team getting ready, after they RV'd the larger area. Now a whole week after pinpointing the 1-square mile area? Doesn't make any sense. I know this gives him more publicity on Coast. I hope that's not his reason for the delay.
It appears nobody else is listening to him. Like you, I'm hoping Steve is alive and every minute counts!
Ed Dames and his team must be pretty sure Fossett is dead, therefore no rush. That's the only thing I can figure out.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Re: Ed Dames website link.

My thanks once again for another interesting link.

I'm assuming you don't get much sleep at night - too much 'stuff' happening in that Nevada sky of yours!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi folks.

New user here. I'm into cutting-edge aeorspace design -- from x-planes to the Rutan Bros., to Voyager, the Global Flyer, and Virgin Galactic.

I've been following the news about Fosset closely (I still hope he will be found alive) and this thread is invaluable to pick up on little-reported bits of info.

Anyhow, I came accross this article from The Register (UK paper) that isn't afraid to mention some of the non-mainstream theories. I thought you might like to see it: The Register article

On Sunday, Lyon County Undersheriff Joe Sanford, part of the search team, told AP there was "a possibility - that he [Fosset] may never be found" - despite the efforts of 45 aircraft which had by then covered 10,000 square miles hunting down Fossett. As added spice to the tale, the admission by [NV CAP Major Cynthia] Ryan that military sats had already been deployed to cast an eye over Nevada will add fuel to the conspiracy theory that the Fossett search is actually a cover story, and the authorities are rather urgently looking for a 150 kiloton nuclear weapon which inconveniently detatched itself during the recent unscheduled TransAmerican B-52 nuke jaunt.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaygirl

Hi there, and welcome.

Indeed, MarkusMaximus remarked about the B52 on page 6.
Your article jogged my memory.

I gotta say as a newish member myself, the amount of info/comment on ATS will at the very least give you two things:
1. Lack of sleep
2. Failing eyesight

and if you're anything like me,

3. Lots of practise in being humbled by other members when things get frustrating.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I thought that was an irrefutable statement.

I don't know how Kennedy got named as a canyon but the name must
have been out west long ago.

Perhaps the area was picked so that some would see the name and go
oh yeah a conspiracy.

Referring to the 1 mile sq search area on a linked page.

I see the UK is going for a missing nuke cover story... that I don't get.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

No, I think the UK Register appears to be reading this thread and then added a bit of CAP news et voila, gives the paper something to write.

I know the CAP comprises of ex Military personnel etc but I agree a bit far fetched.
However, if there is a search for the nuke, the Military may have directed the CAP guys to avoid certain areas, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyCrown

Yes one has to keep on top of the news with some spin attached.

So that is something to consider.

As far as a Kennedy Canyon being close to one search area perhaps
only means some ol' prospector named Kennedy once inhabited that
area.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
nevermind

sorry.

[edit on 9/19/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I understand what you mean now TeslaandLyne. Very interesting video, however I need to study it a whole lot more.

Now George Noory (on CoasttoCoast am) say's, "It's going to be a couple of weeks before Major Ed Dames and his team even start the search for Steve Fossett."

I beginning to think Dames is using a Stall-Tactic so he can hide from embarrassment!

IF YOUR'RE GOING TO DO IT DAMES WHY NOT NOW???

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I've got a better idea, Major Dames can pay for and send me a plane ticket and I'll fly over and search.
I'm sure he could afford it with all those RV courses on sale.
Now, I'm not too comfortable saying this, but the longer it takes, the harder to establish exactly when Steve met his demise.
The Major states previously that Steve died shortly after the crash - the delay would certainly allow him some 'wriggle room' on that theory.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sky News 'ticker tape' headline:

"Active search for missing US adventurer Steve Fossett is called off".

news.sky.com...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by TommyCrown]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This settles it guys!!! Steve Fossett was abducted by aliens!! They probed him for the answer to the universe!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
sp00n1 man how can that be, that is not Alienland out west.

That is the land of the keepers of the secret science of Tesla...
FBI took all his Jacob's Ladders and test documents and sent them out west.

What if the crash victims were all recovered and nursed back to heath.
Like the Walton incident.

They would most likely be tase to keep them hostage, the taser
most likely another Tesla invention.

Odd, they would not know from Steve Fossett would they, just another crash victim and hostage.

Its a horror beyond belief, except for students being tased across America.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Damn it! Now you've got me looking stuff up on Travis Walton, Tesla(knew the basics) and this guy Lyne, UFO's etc.
What are you trying to do to me?
Will I end up in perpetual consciousness never able to sleep again?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wife clings to hope as Fossett hunt is halted

Under the law in California, where Fossett lived, it could take at least five years before his family can have him declared dead. Without a death certificate his estate, estimated at over $50 million, cannot be administered.

More at link below:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not to worry, there are non Alien explanations by Lyne.

So you can rest easy.

I picked that one as one noteworthy incident.

Walton was taken back to the secret base sick bay.
OK, the humans that operate the UFOs.

The Walton Story according to Lyne

See human made saucer part from 1943.

I am sure Steve Fossett is safe in human hands if he survived any
safe mishap and rescued by saucer.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join