It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Isn't it Florida the state with the most airports and the most air crashes?

You just don't use a car when you get used to flying.

There may be imaging techniques that can spot plane parts,
special optical filters. Most likely TOP SECRET.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
What to make of all these other crashes being found...does it indicate that search methods have improved over the years? or that other missing pilots don't get the deluxe treatment? or a little of both?

Right now I would like to read a book about those other crashes but
as time goes on it may not hold as much interest as the lost squadron
in the Bermuda Triangle.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
[quote
Right now I would like to read a book about those other crashes but
as time goes on it may not hold as much interest as the lost squadron
in the Bermuda Triangle.

Flight 19 ran out of gas when they went off course... no mystery there.

One thing I always found odd, was when years later they were searching for the missing squadron, they had believed they had found the 5 missing planes... but it turned out to be 'another' squadron of Avengers.

Wouldn't another squadron of Avengers being missing be big news as well?

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by Grailkeeper

Flight 19 ran out of gas when they went off course... no mystery there.

Thanks for the post Gralkeeper and we accept you apology for hi-jacking this thread with one caveat. We respectfully ask you to not knowingly interject untrue and false information and I refer to your comment "Flight 19 ran out of gas when they went of course..no mystery there".

Who are you trying to kid Grailkeeper?

That case has been well documented and it is indeed a mysteryand will be a mystery forever unless you want to believe the opening scenes of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Flight 19 was made up of qualified Navy pilots. It was a clear day. They had a well defined flight route. It was a simple task. Not only did they disappear into thin air but one of the rescue aircraft that were looking for them also disappeared into thin air.

But thanks for the post and please take care on the information you present when hijacking a thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe Flight 19 was destined for the wormhole created by the PX and ended up on a one way trip to the battle of Midway?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just saw this and thought I'd share: Nevada Bermuda Triangle. They barely mention Fossett, but the circumstances are similar.

Also, as a pilot myself who has flown the area, I'm sure Steve was equally well aware of his proximity to the large delineations of restricted airspace in that region. I can't imagine him having 'strayed' into, say, the Groom Lake area, and got himself into trouble. The many threads on ATS and elsewhere have long publicized the "shoot first - ask no questions - make no announcements" policy of the EG&G goons or our own men-in-blue.

There has been lots of 'scare-talk' about those that dare "cross-the-line" never being heard from again. Does the ethereal line-in-the sky also fall under such a policy? (it does). As John related previously about his adventures with Lazar, the guys guarding the perimeter definitely implement their mandate very seriously.

Since we haven't heard from Mr. Fossett, his plane, or his transponder since he vanished, permit a bit of speculation: Fossett, like Branson and others involved in emerging technologies, was (is) not only a world-class adventurer , but also an ace pilot, a dreamer, and a visionary. I can imagine him sharing a nice scotch or two one evening with Branson a few weeks back and the conversation turning to their own future, their insatiable curiosity, seeming invincibility, and the coincidence of their relative proximity to A51, etc.

Since S-4 sits on the edge of a dry lake bed (Papoose), and the adventurers have a burning desire to glimpse the latest and greatest potential aeronautical technology, why not take a little flight down thataway under the guise of "looking for a suitable dry lake bed", claim to see Papoose from the air and just "neglect to glance at the aeronautical charts" for restriction polygons, drift in a for a little look-see, hmmm? (Oh - and let's skip the flight plan, shall we?)

To the A51 sentries, the plane (a small Bellanca 2-seater aerobat) is just another civilian violator without a flight plan. Steve, with that kind of plane and his flying skills, once confronted, decides to high-tail it out of the area, maybe barnstorm a few canyons to lose 'em on the way out. After all - it would not look good for him and his buddies if he was caught, and he hasn't done anything wrong, really - was just scouting dry lake beds, is all...

Steve makes a run back to the northwest (Hawthorne is about 150 miles NW from A51 - an hour or two in a Bellance) followed by patrols commanding him down.

A mishap of some sort ensues, and a clean-up is ordered (or if far enough, just left 'to-be-discovered later). Subsequent silence, part of the blackout M.O., keeps everyone guessing for weeks.

OK, it's just a wild theory, I know. But with this man's background and the complete lack of any trace by hundreds of volunteers in the air and on the ground point to either: 1 - Steve has fallen (been pushed) under the radar, or 2 - Steve doesn't want to be found.

If the first scenario is closer, then we may find a couple of truckloads of Bellanca wreckage suddenly show up in some obscure canyon before long.

If the second scenario is closer, we wish you well, Steve Fossett. God's Speed.

By the way, there are dozens of dry lake beds on a line between the Flying M southeast to Groom Lake (but not many suitable to a LSR)...

Maybe the CAP and others should try searching within the yellow ellipse below:

[edit - fix link]

[edit on 9/13/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyCrown
Hi JustMike,
What are your views on previous postings with regard to the somewhat strange language used by officials in regard to previous sightings being dismissed as objects without further clarification.
It seems to me that CAP and military people talk in a language all of their own ( no disrespect intended).

Hi TommyCrown and sorry for a delayed reply. My view is that it makes sense to consider all possibilities in a case like this, and when military/officials tell us that they thought they found a downed plane, then say it wasn't but will only talk of it as an "object"(while at least six other old wrecks were acknowledged as such), I tend to the notion that Mr Fossett's disappearance is a cover or a diversion. I'm by no means alone or the first to say so, just backing up that option as one that has to be considered.

One of the reasons I'm spending more and more time on this site is because here, I at last have found a place where I see other people asking questions that I ask myself (sometimes aloud to only my wife) when major oddities or absurdities get put over us by the news media as "honest reporting". Like: Why is it that after telling us about the discovery of 6+ old plane wrecks, then calling the latest "looks-like -a-downed-plane-but-isn't" find only an object, no-one in the media asks: "So what the heck is/i] it then? Why won't you tell us?" And: "If you want to hide the fact that you've found something like a plane but it isn't one, then why didn't you just say it's another darned old plane wreck and leave us stumbling along with eyes wide shut? We'd buy it; you know that...So why are you dropping this huge hint?"

It's scary, you know...Why the hint?

Mike

[edit on 13-9-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for your thoughts JustMike.

Has anyone heard any more news regarding this search with the Blackhawk?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyCrown

TommyCrown,

Not much news today, as winds are kind of high, and some aircraft are not able to participate in the search.

There are some ground crews going in, where smoke was reported they day he disappeared.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've just read on CNN.com that Steve's wife Peggy issued a statement thursday confirming he did not have his Breitling watch with him.

At least we know one concrete fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Whaaaaaat? still lost. No way. I could find a plane there with Google Earth if it was updated. I'm calling the head of the CAP there who is my childhood friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So earthman4 would you care to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyyuulle
I'm gonna go out on a major limb and say he got too close to Area 51 and they shot him down

My freind was flying over area 51 and talking to Las Vegas Air Control. They asked him where he was. He said "I'm over area 51" they said " that airbase does not exist.
"But I can see it right under me"
" Go east just past the airbase that does not exist"
"
Ok, turning right past the airbase that does not exist"
I thought this was funny.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that they still have not found this man or his plane. Its starting to look suspicious.It just seems fishy that he disappeared without a trace.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Man,this is a sad state of affairs-
I had hopes they would have found/heard from Steve by now.
But the news that his wife had said he did not have his GPRS watch with him may explain that.
He could still be OK,maybe being looked after/nursed back to health by some folks without a TV or who don't speak english,and thus do not know he is officially missing.
Its a long shot-but thats what I am hoping for the guy.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes earthman4 that was funny.

Personally speaking when a story like Steve's grips you 'cos you just want the best outcome comments like yours also help to give someone like me (thousands of miles away) a better picture and understanding of the area/terrain/officialdom we are all trying to figure.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What the hecks going on??This is not an Amelia Earhart situation involving thousands of miles of ocean!Why cant this man be found??

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My dad was smuggling in the same terrain and crashed his small plane. He laid in the desert for two days with most of his bones broken and his brain partially out of his skull. Some doctor flying in the area just happened to see him and he was rescued.
No way they could not find this guy if he had crashed. My dad was found even though he was not even being looked for.
I hesitate to call my friend with the Nevada CAP because he is part of the neocon plan to ruin the USA. He told me about the plan to get the oil in Iraq even before 9-11. He always tells me the secret stuff that makes me so pissed at Bush. I want to remain ignorant about these things, as they are so evil.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting comparisons and added information: high winds, no watch,
triangle comparisons, turns east at area 51 that does not exist... don't
land here, Amelia Earhart in the Pacific.. didn't think of that one, and easy to find.

But there is a ground search in an area that some how can't verify from
the air if there is a crash site. This may be it.. they are just holding back
information before official release.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First off, Welcome to the ATS *All you Newbies*

A quote from
www.foxnews.com...

To the south, just across the California line, search planes flew over an area northeast of Yosemite National Park after a woman reported Wednesday that she had camped there over Labor Day and had heard a noise that sounded like an airplane, followed by what sounded like an explosion, Page said.

This is pretty close to the Area Major Ed Dames was referring to. I'm hoping his team comes up, with a pinpoint location soon. According to one news article the searchers have covered 80%, of the above area. With California law officials helping out. It takes time, so many nooks and crannies.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join