It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I only went back to this comment:

Have they identified the 6 or 7 other crashes that have been discovered, I mean tied them to open cases, or are these just unreported crashes? I haven't seen much other than the wreckage was not Fossett's aircraft.

by JacKatMtn

And had to stop and think that this is some king of mob graveyard or Alien
encounter nightmare.

Of course we know that there are billions and billions of reasons for
Alien saucer pilots or flip the coin and its human pilots.

Chasing rainbows of UFOs can end up like Mantell.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

and a whole lot more

www.google.com...

Almost billions and billions of Google pages.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm a new member and this is my first forum. Please forgive me if it takes a while to learn the intricacies of your site.
As a Brit on GMT (we're not too good at talking about ourselves) I've tried to get the latest updates regarding Steve Fossett.
I've read all 8 pages of informed comments and appreciate your expert knowledge.

With regard to early 'news' remarks about the plane crashing and catching fire, would it really be so easy to spot smoke etc in what appears to be a vastly uninhabited area. Could all you pilot types shed any light on what materials Steve's plane was made of, whether the fuel tanks are well protected etc.

I certainly hope Steve is found alive, unfortunately I read many disgusting comments on an American newspaper site earlier in the week all of which were posted anonymously. I pity these vindictive people.

As for the comments about restricted military areas, I wouldn't put it past any countries military to protect what they have and I would assume the American military have more to protect than most.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello there,

I've been here only a couple of days myself but I'm also impressed by the depth of knowledge and thought I've found in the posts here.

I'll let one of the aviation experts handle the finer details of Mr Fossett's plane; my only perspective on this is that I spent about three decades living in a pretty dry part of the world with lots of open or rugged country, and during the dry season especially we were constantly on the lookout for smoke. And it's possible sometimes to spot smoke from a fire that is many many miles away, especially if it's dark smoke (which it would be if fuel is burning along with plastics and so forth). I would say that people living in that part of the world are similarly fire-conscious so if the plane had burned it seems possible that someone would have spotted it. No guarantee, of course, but it just seems possible. The terrain can play a factor, of course. There are some very high areas there and that would limit visibility over long distances.

As of now, I have found no reports indicating any positive sighting of the plane or its wreckage if it crashed.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hi JustMike,
Thanks for your thoughts, I've been staying awake into the early hours of the morning because of the time difference since this unfortunate incident took place.
I guess if there is no new news then there is no update.

What are your views on previous postings with regard to the somewhat strange language used by officials in regard to previous sightings being dismissed as objects without further clarification.
It seems to me that CAP and military people talk in a language all of their own ( no disrespect intended). But don't get me started on Mr Rumsfeld.
Also Mrs Fossett's comments did seem detached rather than personal but I think maybe that was a 'put out' release.
I know both her and her husband have stated she prefers not to know details of his exploits - I'm sure it's simply her defense mechanism.

I've spent many hours searching the photo images put out by amazon and it all seems such a strange situation all round.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Heres the GPS coords for the flying M ranch on google map. In the top right you will see 3 links to Map | Satellite | Hybrid view to see the terrain.

You can zoom in or out 38.603N 119.003W

Looking at it, you will see the terrain fossette flew above. I don't think this guy errored and flew into restricted air space and was instructed to follow and land. If anything, his age may of had a health issue surface and forced him to set down for that permanent vacation.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ed Dames on Coast to Coast right now talking with George Noory about Steve Fossett. Ed say's he will have a pinpoint location in a few days. He believes Steve Fossett took a detour and wasn't really looking for a dry lake bed. "Nobody knows what was in his mind." He was scouting for a glider location and went into the Sierra Nevadas. Not many knew Steve loved gliding. Ed Dames says, their looking in the wrong location. Steve's not in Nevada. He's in California therefore google maps won't locate him.
Ed even notified the FAA, but Remote Viewers aren't really listened to. Ed Dames believes Steve Fossett is dead. Ed Dames say's if they give up looking for Steve then his group will go look for him. He say's he will have all the equipment.

Also Ed Dames say's if Steve is not where he say's and is alive and not dead......." He will pull the plug on his own career. That's what he just said, just 5 minutes ago.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I never had much faith in Major Ed Dames and his teams, with Remote Viewing. It seems to me they didn't do enough in some cases and were off base in others. But this time is different and I strongly believe Major Ed Dames is correct, on his location concerning Steve Fossett. You could hear it in his voice last night on Coast to Coast am radio and feel his desperation. He and his team of RV's ARE onto something this time AND Someone Better Listen! Google Earth please give us current updates of that Area! FAA listen to them this time please! Steve wasn't looking for dry lake beds, like everyone say's. He was looking for Gliding Areas. He got bored with the Nevada landscape and wanted to see some pretty areas for gliding. One poster said, "You would think Somebody would have seen smoke after the plane went down" I believe that's true. I seen a plane crash in Nevada here where I live. Huge black plumes of smoke bellowed out of it! You could see it for miles.

My opinion is....Steve's plane could have been hit by lightning at that time. Trees, the weather and the lack of population could of been a factor why nobody seen it. I'm no expert by a long shot, but you would think a lighting strike could take out any ELT signal. Steve probably died, but WE CAN NOT leave him out there......When we know where he is! PLEASE SEARCH THE AREA WHERE MAJOR ED DAMES AND HIS TEAMS STATED. HE PROMISED TO GIVE A PINPOINT LOCATION ASAP! Do it NOW for the American People!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have a new way out theory.

Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett became involved in plans that led him
to parlay with investors in a new technology undertaking.

Just who was he going to see must be within his flying range.

The questions to be asked and answered is what were his possible destinations.

Who did he know out there. What were his usual trips.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by MountainStar

He was looking for Gliding Areas. He got bored with the Nevada landscape and wanted to see some pretty areas for gliding.

You say that like he had an airplane that could get from here to there in a very short time.

That is not true. If he got bored looking for dry lakes in Nevada it would be a long haul back to the Sierra Nevada's like about an hour and a half.

Anybody attempting to tackle the Sierra Nevada's with a Decathlon would have rocks in their heads.

One poster said, "You would think Somebody would have seen smoke after the plane went down" I believe that's true. I seen a plane crash in Nevada here where I live. Huge black plumes of smoke bellowed out of it! You could see it for miles.

Planes don't always catch on fire when they crash or make an emergency landing. Whether or not there is a fire depends on several factors, some being: How full was the fuel tank, was a fuel tank or fuel line broken or ruptured, was there an ignition source.

My opinion is....Steve's plane could have been hit by lightning at that time.

I would find that possibility unlikely. I think the Decathalon is mostly fabric.

I'm no expert by a long shot, but you would think a lighting strike could take out any ELT signal.

Lightning would need a path to the ELT which is battery operated. Very unlikely.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This story has taken the many twists and turns that, to me, are the hallmark of a disinfo op. There seems to be much more to this than the disappearance of aviation adventurer Steve Fossett.

But then, I am a conspiracy buff, of course I am going to think that.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just speculation, but my guess is that he flew too close to A51 and was "terminated" by the forces patrolling the airspce around Groom Lake.

Its pretty outlandish, but then again it could happen...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hi John,
What an Honor to get your input. I really appreciate it coming from an expert such as yourself. I was typing really fast and guess I didn't explain it too well. Like Ed Dames said, "Steve was looking for glider areas, not dry lake beds." I believe Major Ed Dames may be right. What if Steve had no intentions of looking for dry lake beds, and just headed directly for the Sierra Nevada's? Maybe he changed his mind, at the last minute. How long would that have taken going directly there, from the Flying M Ranch in Yerington, Nevada? Steve's has accomlished other feats and some 'might think' he did have rocks in his head.
Maybe the plane didn't catch fire, like you said (that would explain also why nobody seen it). I didn't know they make planes out of fabric! Ok, so lighting didn't take out his ELT signal. After going directly to the Sierra Nevada's looking for good gliding areas. He got caught up in really bad turbulent weather and his plane was forced down. He suffered severe head trauma and was rendered unconscious. He never had time to activate his ELT on his watch and the other one didn't put out a signal.
( or it did and it wasn't noticed.)

Thank-you so much for teaching me.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Possible tip

Leading to Sunrise Pass,20 miles east of Minden NV.
Blackhawk on the way
stay tuned..

Update:

Second tip.
Same location.
Saw plane fitting description 10 days ago. then heard loud boom.
I guess they are just now connecting the dots that the sighting and the boom, were related.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Searchers looking for missing aviator Steve Fossett received a telephone tip from a former Nevada Civil Air Patrol member whose friend reported to him that he saw a blue and white aircraft making a steep diving turn into a canyon and not climbing back out.

A Blackhawk is on its way to Sunrise Pass, 20 miles east of Minden, following the lead. Washoe County authorities also are sending ground patrols to search the area.

The Blackhawk is expected to arrive any minute to the scene, with a medic on board
Link to story....

Link to Google Maps location in the story quoted above.

Edit: Fixed Link

[edit on 12/9/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It really isn't all that easy to find a small plane that may crash but not burn. Last month a small plane left Spadero Airport East Moriches, NY going to Francis Gabreski Airport in Westhampton, NY If you drive from one to the other is about 7 miles. We had a fog that came in quick and heavy in the area that night and apparently he went down in the fog. His plane still hasn't been found - Now given we do have an ocean nearby and a bay and a sound nearby that the plane could have gone down in and there is also a Pine Barrens in between the two airports. But nothing has been found - the search was called off by the Coast Guard but local people are still making a point to look around when they are flying. And this is someone who knew the area well, told people he was going from here to there no deviations (I honestly don't know if he filed a flight plan for such a small flight) and they still can't find him. So imagine how hard it can be with a whole desert, mountains, lakes etc. and without a flight plan... just saying...

I do hope they are both found soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is a quote from Steve Fossett's website

It is now believed that Steve Fossett was unlikely to have ventured far afield (such as crossing the Sierra Nevada range), but that he was more likely to have been on a local pleasure flight - and that he probably was not surveying sites for the upcoming landspeed record project.

www.stevefossett.com...

Sure hope they find him soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What to make of all these other crashes being found...does it indicate that search methods have improved over the years? or that other missing pilots don't get the deluxe treatment? or a little of both?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hi MountainStar,

With regard to this Major Ed Dames chap has he given that location yet?
Whilst I believe some people possess a 'sixth sense', I don't think it's helpful for him to say it without giving specifics at the same time.

With regard to the link given by Anxietydisorder, if the sighting turns out to be true, what has this ex CAP guy and/or his friend been doing with this information for the last 8 days.

Cheers everyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TommyCrown
Hi MountainStar,

With regard to this Major Ed Dames chap has he given that location yet?

Did you not see Mountain Star's link on page 7 of this thread? Dames' Map of Fossett's Location

The question is, has anything become of the Blackhawk's search? And did they take any notice of Dames' instructions?

Y'know, I'm not totally convinced of his Killshot predictions, but I'm keen to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Apologies to Riotcoming and of course Mountainstar regarding Major Ed Dames map location - so apologies to the Major also.

What with my 8 hour time difference I've been staying up way, way past my normal bedtime.
I think my frustration with the whole situation is beginning to effect.

Sorry!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join