It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
"Fossett disappearance adds to state's notorious mysteries".

news.RGJ.com... (see Top 10 Emailed Articles)

Nothing new regarding Steve, but a few little 'snippets' of yesteryear.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by TommyCrown]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
A little irreverent, but it would seen that Sept 4th is NOT a good day for people named Steve to do dangerous things.
I'll have to let my brother know that if I DO go skydiving for my birthday next year, he is NOT invited.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
He disapeared at same time as all those military guys and the b52/nuke thing, He was NWO, and they cleaned him after the op got exposed. Just a guess

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Pilots surviving plane crashes...

video.nbc6.net...=159326

Yet another:

www.kxnet.com...

Proof Steve Fossett could still be alive.

Fellow Remote Viewers are trying to contact Ed Dames, but the good Major is not answering. See Mr. Dames chat site:

www.rvcommunity.net...

I guess Ed was waiting long enough for snow to reach the Sierra Nevadas. Tons of rain here in the desert last night. There's probably 2-3 feet deep of snow in the mountains now.

But hey, Ed Dames said he RV'd Steve and he was dead right? What some people will do to make money.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just saw this about Provo Canyon... wrong state but watch.
Man takes scenic background pictures and finds dark object in his photograph.

If you can't see them... you might fly into one.
And they might not see you.
Not a very useful mechanism these UFOs.

Definitely a canyon.

But the dark blob looks like a purported fake:

A lot of Texas UFOs on youtube as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Managed to see second video, couldn't get first one for some reason.
Perhaps the Major's already on his way to Fremont lake.

I was going to ask you about the rainfall over this period of time with regard to the ability of the human body surviving on water.
I know the weather's been dry during the day, but apart from the rainfall you mention, has there been any of significance during the night since Steve went missing?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I now have to get into the habit of thinking 'humans' and not 'aliens' when I view this stuff.
If something is caught on camera unintentionally, I guess it deserves attention, but what I'd like to know wrt the second video, does half the population over there walk around with a video camera 24/7?

I don't know what the rules are regarding the longevity of a thread such as this wrt it's ultimate conclusion.
Indeed, your UFO postings could be deemed to belong elsewhere.
However, since we have already entertained all possibilities with Steve, I say carry on posting.
I find all your contributions interesting and educational.

The same goes for MountainStar - my 'eyes' in Nevada.

Hope we are in agreement!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Mount Charleston (my mountain
) got it's first snowfall last night.

Lower elevations received up to an 1" & 1/2" of rain, within a few hours.
Flooding through-out the valley. This is a major weather change, since Steve disappeared. If he's in a mountain lake....It's probably froze over.

I realize how some would think this is not current news, but Steve Fossett was an icon for our youth. And there's not many left nowdays. I'm also hoping that Major Ed Dames will read this and not change his mind. Another week-end before George Noory might give some updates, if he hears from Dames. Steve's chances are getting slimmer of making it out of there alive. It's getting cold!

Thanks for reminding me TeslaandLyne I'd better get over to Area 51 and see if *they* don't have him. Damn Aliens!

[edit on 9/22/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Steve Fossett Missing: Help find him by searching satellite imagery
here is the link for those who want to help
www.livescience.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Now, it's up to chance

All-out technology has failed to find aviator Steve Fossett, lost in Northern Nevada's wilds

There are 314 named mountain ranges in Nevada, the most mountainous state in the nation. The land searchers combed for Fossett, an area twice the size of New Jersey, has caverns so deep that someone at the bottom couldn't get a line of sight to the sky. Scrub and brush are so thick that searchers hovered helicopters above them, using chopping rotors to beat the bushes apart.

More to story below link.........

www.lasvegassun.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I realize how some would think this is not current news, but Steve Fossett was an icon for our youth. And there's not many left nowdays.

MountainStar, I couldn't have put that better myself - so I won't. Bravo!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Not to be disrespectful but this where's waldo google earth thing is really interesting, think of the ways it can be used in the future. It also eliminates anyone from the day the pictures are taken forward from being able to create a fake wreck scene. Just on the off chance that he was cleaned.

nevermind quality is not sharp enough.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
It also eliminates anyone from the day the pictures are taken forward from being able to create a fake wreck scene. Just on the off chance that he was cleaned.

Geosat et al, now I wonder who owns all those little babies flying around up there?
Why, the good old Military!
You'll only see what we want you to see.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TommyCrown

Originally posted by Redge777
It also eliminates anyone from the day the pictures are taken forward from being able to create a fake wreck scene. Just on the off chance that he was cleaned.

Geosat et al, now I wonder who owns all those little babies flying around up there?
Why, the good old Military!
You'll only see what we want you to see.

well lets say they want to create a "something" and say it happened on Jan 30. but someone got a Feb 2 sat photo. At the moment the Feb 2 one is out to the public they cant fake a site and say it happened on Jan 30. This is just a thought, and I can't think of why or what it would be used for.

Maybe Plane disappears, they think it is natural, government finds out it was some thing that media should not have found out about because some ally diverted it to a base to take the leader on board. Whoops they have to make a crash site. Something like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I wasn't disagreeing with your premise per se, merely that in the case of the public downloading all these images, it would be quite easy to leave out the 'appropriate one'.
For instance, I logged on to amazon mturk as soon as the data became available and there were something like 80,000 images of Nevada.
So, quite easy to leave out a 278' x 278' piece of land for 'future reconstruction'.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Looks like this story has outlived its usefulness to the MSM. There is no longer any mention of the search.

Maybe Steve was never meant to be found. Now its on to OJ and Ahmedinejad. Anything to avoid covering the WOT.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
THIS IS SCAREY!!!

Another stumper is the business about frozen bodies at the bottom of that same lake in the Sierra. Oceanographer Jacques Cousteau was supposedly frightened right out of his wetsuit during a dive in a sub in the mid-1970s. "The world isn't ready for what was down there," he was quoted as saying.

Cousteau did not release photographs from the deep-water trip, adding to the mystery. Many divers have since requested to duplicate the dive

More at below link..........

news.rgj.com.../20070921/DOUGLAS07/709210317/1144/NEWS

HOLY CARP!!! WHY ARE FROZEN BODIES IN THE LAKE?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I think this is the same story I posted at the top of the page and I was to trying to remember way back when I was young and watched Cousteau and his adventures.
Whilst he added a certain amount of 'mystery' to his narrative (after all, he was telling stories), I don't think he would have just made those comments in the article for 'fun'.
So I agree and it really is weird that no one has since been down there.
Who or what has been stopping them?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
[edit on 25-9-2007 by TommyCrown]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Good one, I thought my interest in Nevada had wained.

I'm trying to set up a good link, that one gave an error.

Nevada Lake Mystery

Fossett disappearance adds to list of mysteries in Nevada
JILL LUFRANO
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
Posted: 9/24/2007

Alien towns. Lost 19th-century cannons. Lake monsters. Frozen bodies swimming at the bottom of Lake Tahoe. Nevada is a vortex for the unexplained.

And it appears at this writing that we have another whopper of a puzzle to add to the list.

The case of missing aviator Steve Fossett, last seen Sept. 3 when he took off from the Flying M Ranch near Yerington, has techno-sleuths, psychics and concerned folks around the world focused on the region.

Fossett's tale inflates exponentially as the weeks pass without any signs of him or his blue and white plane.

"We like to think that anything is findable with enough resources. But it could turn into another Amelia Earhart situation," Ric Gillespie, who led efforts this summer to find Earhart, told the Associated Press last week.

Government aircraft have searched more than 20,000 square miles around Northern Nevada, followed every lead by air and foot and have found nothing. Family and friends of the famous adventurer have also used state-of-the-art technology and aircraft to scour the land and have come up empty-handed.

And for the first time, Internet users have joined the effort. Tips and satellite coordinates have poured in from all corners of the globe by well-intended people who want answers.

One reader sent in an unusual e-mail message this week. The reader's psychic friend had a vision of Fossett landing in Walker Lake (her best guess for the water she envisioned). The reader wrote: "She said his plane had a cracked block and he was trying to get back to the ranch when he crashed."

Like Earhart, Fossett has fans the world over. Many wonder how much the search has cost our government agencies as the constant drone continued overhead for two solid weeks until the Civil Air Patrol ceased air operations last week.

Final numbers aren't in, but it surely pales in comparison to Earhart's search.

In 1937, when Earhart disappeared, the U.S. government spent $4 million looking for her, making the search the most costly and intensive air and sea operation of its kind in history.

Coincidently, Fossett's plane could have landed close to the area of another mystery Nevadans have been trying to solve for more than a century, Union Gen. John C. Fremont's lost cannon.

Other enigma that might never be solved includes Tahoe Tessie, the lake-faring monster that believers say lurks in the icy waters of Lake Tahoe.

Another stumper is the business about frozen bodies at the bottom of that same lake in the Sierra. Oceanographer Jacques Cousteau was supposedly frightened right out of his wet suit during a dive in a sub in the mid-1970s. "The world isn't ready for what was down there," he was quoted as saying.

Cousteau did not release photographs from the deep-water trip, adding to the mystery. Many divers have since requested to duplicate the dive.

And, of course, the mother of all mysteries: Area 51. Scientist Bob Lazar who first spilled the beans about working with alien spacecraft at the site in 1989 is now living in New Mexico with his wife, Joy, their dogs and a rescue horse, and reportedly no longer talks about the little green fellows.

Fossett may sometime be found and this mystery can be put to rest. If not, Nevada will keep his memory alive in its treasure trove of unsolved mysteries.

Mob dumping ground, eh lake... whats holding them down, lost sailors
and yachtsman or families on outings... planes that landed and sank
at night, Alien abductions that got frozen and dropped into the lake.

Boggles.

And bogus, anything alien was started by Nazi from Operation Paper Clip.

Thats a story and so far I'm sticking to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join