It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO filmed near Brussels (Houillart) august 2007!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truman_was_a_Dalek

If it's an ad someone should be able to find a link proving that, or tracing it back to its creator. If it's a hoax, someone here should be able to reproduce it. If neither of those things happen, that means the video is real.
The ad nauseam bash campaigns are beginning to wear out their novelty.

The problem is that i, for example, still haven't talked about hoaxes nor CGI, you did. So far i'm just explaning what i noticed, i didn't know it was necessary your permission before doing it.
You can freely say what you disapprove of what we said so far.

[edit on 2/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

If it's an ad someone should be able to find a link proving that, or tracing it back to its creator. If it's a hoax, someone here should be able to reproduce it. If neither of those things happen, that means the video is real.
The ad nauseam bash campaigns are beginning to wear out their novelty.

The problem is that i, for example, still haven't talked about hoaxes nor CGI, you did. So far i'm just explaning what i noticed, i didn't know it was necessary your permission before doing it.

You responded to me. I made a general statement as to the direction the thread was going, and you decided to quote me. I had a hard time trying to understand what you were saying to me, but I took it as a defense of the people that said it was hoaxed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You responded to me. I made a general statement as to the direction the thread was going, and you decided to quote me. I had a hard time trying to understand what you were saying to me, but I took it as a defense of the people that said it was hoaxed.

Thank you for the clarification, and i have to say that i agree about the direction of the thread.
As you have seen, my first post was positive about the video, and still IMHO, there's nothing of conclusive. What i meant in my previous post was that even if it's genuine an expert could re-create it, and that couldn't be considered as proof, apart further loss of time.
I still don't buy the theory of CGI.
What i honestly can say is that in all the clues we gathered so far (generally) are not positive: no other witnesses, no media coverage, no other videos, no other pics, strange behaviour of the object in flight. But still this is not conclusive, of course.

[edit on 2/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
You think everything's cgi 11:11.

Actually, I don't. I only think the CGI ones are CGI. I don't ever post on the threads that have REAL ufo's in them.

Originally posted by Kruel
Besides, why would someone go through the trouble when you can fake it so much easier by dangling a small model in front of the camera? That's the impression I got, though I'd like to believe it's real.

For someone like me, it would be FAR EASIER and FAR FASTER to do it in CGI. Actually thats why movie experts use CGI so much, because its too expensive to make miniature models and film them. Especially for this UFO, which is supposed to have three lights, and a strobe light in the middle. You could accomplish this by wiring some LED's together, or maybe even Christmas lights, but that would just seem like a hassle when you want it to "fly" away and "twist" like it did.

Anyway, even if this was a real UFO, it is a man made one. Because only man-made aircraft need an FAA regulation strobe light on it.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am sorry for our misunderstanding. My point is it gets tiring having to read through 4 pages of bickering to get to any discussion. If someone thinks it's a kite, then get a kite, strap some bicycle lights to it, fly it at night and film it.

That would be very interesting and would generate good discussion. People making bold statements without offering their opinions as to what it might be, or how it might be hoaxed, is just boring.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If it's a hoax, someone here should be able to reproduce it. If neither of those things happen, that means the video is real.

If that is the way you think, then everything is a hoax, because everything can be done with CGI. Especially this one, actually the black background makes it like 1000000000000000 times easier.

Give me $20 and I'll replicated it, other than that, I'm not gonna waste my time.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Looks good. Do you see the strategy? First some night airshows.......and then a day show when they think we are ready
for the truth.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

People making bold statements without offering their opinions as to what it might be, or how it might be hoaxed, is just boring.

It's pretty clear if you keep your eyes on the street light in the video, and the ufo in your peripheral vision, that the ufo is having trouble being stabilized with the camera.

You really don't need any further proof than the video itself. lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

If it's a hoax, someone here should be able to reproduce it. If neither of those things happen, that means the video is real.

If that is the way you think, then everything is a hoax, because everything can be done with CGI. Especially this one, actually the black background makes it like 1000000000000000 times easier.

Give me $20 and I'll replicated it, other than that, I'm not gonna waste my time.

That...makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
These look almost identical to the triangle craft I sighted last month while I was down I-5 through California. I posted my sighting but it was quickly buried under a myriad of other posts, so to help further the discussion I will repost. Also, I have had no knowledge of triangle crafts or anything of the sort prior to my sighting. These crafts are very real and are out there. Hope this helps some!:

posted on 18-8-2007 @ 07:11 PM
hello everyone, I have recently been trolling these forums on my search for truth and whatnot. Anyway this thread in particular urged me to make my first post and join the community. Anyway I recently made the close to a 2000 mile journey from Oregon to Texas, and I just so happen to see this black triangle right off the I-5 heading into California around the Ashland/Grants Pass area. I was not tired as it was the beginning of my trip and I saw it very clearly and studied it for a good 15-20 seconds as it flew directly overhead my viewing range flying very low,slow, and clear enough to see full detail before it flew out of sight. There was no noise. It was a large black triangle with two solid lights colored red and blue (like most airplanes nowadays however these were solid and not flashing). The blue light was on the nose of the triangle and the red light was on the right corner as it flew over me. It was made if a solid reflective black material. There were no rivets it appeared to be of a singular solid material. The third point had no light. In the middle of the triangle was a large white halogen type circle of light shaped like an O, this was also one solid light. It flew straight over me and continued flying south. Anyway hope this helps anybody and if I missed anything let me know and I'll try to answer

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Actually, I don't. I only think the CGI ones are CGI. I don't ever post on the threads that have REAL ufo's in them.

LMAO! Now that's funny!!

Originally posted by 11 11For someone like me, it would be FAR EASIER and FAR FASTER to do it in CGI.

Absolutely!!

Even I could do it on my ten year old, mothballed Mac, better even...

But not very fast, nor for $20!

Back on topic, I've simply presented practical EVIDENCE as to why THIS VIDEO would appear to be staged, from the viewpoint of someone who has experience in computer animation and video editing and compositing.

But, in truth, I don't KNOW for sure, and I'm withholding my opinion, because the EVIDENCE to convince me this video shows an actual flying object has yet to be presented in this thread.

And I would like nothing more than that.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Whether real or faked these sorts of images are impressing themselves upon us all whether we are sceptical by nature or gullible.

We are all getting a dose of 'something' that has us looking up into the skies ... expectantly ... making us desirous to see something or I suppose merely 'suggestable' that we are seeing something.

Some years ago one summer on P.E.I. (Prince Edward Island in Canada) we saw something fly overhead that looked very much like this. We were excited see it but we didn't think it was a UFO but simply some new craft out for a test ride.

The real question is where did we get all of those suppositions about what we saw. Why would we end up with a "Oh, well, never mind" feeling.

It is the manipulation of feelings, the sense of mass 'recognition', and the way these things are unfurling that has my attention (and if truth be told I want to shout: Danger, Danger, Will Robinson...).

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In fact I dont know why 80% of the people who come here even bother, they are living in a world where people have nothing better to do than fly kites(?) Hanggliders(??) & chinese lanterns around in the middle of the night for no reason.
Why even bother come here then if your so utterly convinced there's nothing up there of any interest? Ok fine, go troll the ghost forums on another site, if you hate the thought of ALIENS & UFO's just leave. Thats my opinion!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
kudos wildone

not to say this is real ... but trying to explain movements and shape with our primitive knowledge of physics and materials is quite limiting. There would be no progress without thinking outside the norm. If you have that technology, you could have shape shifting ships (say that 3 times fast), similar to the 80s movie 'Flight of the Navigator'. There are things we are actually working on such as gravity manipulation, magnetic fields, and malleable memory metals (another one to say fast).

Is this definitive proof? No. But, if you think about it, besides you personally witnessing it, will there ever be real proof? using 2D videos and pictures takes away depth ... which removes your ability to judge size. It could be a fly on the lens ... or ... it could be an invading insect alien from outerspace!

Seriously. Film is great, but not for great proof in the conditions we get them in ... poor lighting, poor quality film, poor focus, no tripod, bad settings, bad timing ... I mean ... if we had ONE video or picture shot by a professional, with everything set right ... and had it verified as not manipulated ... it would convince many ... but there would still be hardcore skeptics who would deny it ... it wasn't seen with their own eyes. It must be a lantern lifted by a ballon with swamp gas remotely flown by the gov't with humanoid dummies made by the Mythbusters.

There is nothing wrong with debunking ... but explain yourself in a respectful, logical way. You should never troll a board with simple denials and complain when you are asked to explain. This forum is filled with dismissive trolls ... and it has gotten worse in the short time I have been officially signed up. If you don't believe, fine. If you have a well-thought out contribution, great. If you just want to say 'u iz a fool, dat iz no ufo cuz i sez sew' Please, don't post. Keep it to yourself.

It technically IS a ufo. It IS unidentified. If you can identify it, then it is an IFO. BUT, the same discretion must be held to your statement. If you claim it is a lantern ... well, you better have solid proof ... debunk yourself first. That goes with any dismissive statement. Otherwise, you are just a hypocrite and not a nice person.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Why even bother come here then if your so utterly convinced there's nothing up there of any interest? Ok fine, go troll the ghost forums on another site, if you hate the thought of ALIENS & UFO's just leave. Thats my opinion!

I think many people are here in the hope of finding something that can't be easily explained. There are many fake UFO videos doing the rounds, hell, there's even pictures of seagulls that some would have you believe are the alien mothership. There is also the possibility of life elsewhere, perhaps life that is visiting this planet.

The concepts of fake videos and alien life are not mutually exclusive. Just because someone entertains the idea that the planet is being visited, it's doesn't mean that they should automatically believe every half assed video they see on the Internet. Such behaviour only enforces the opinion in the minds of many, that those interested in UFOs are a bunch of raving lunatics with no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Is there anyway to enchance, the cell phone image(at least that what I think it is), that comes into view near the end of the video?

Just watching the video, I can clearly see the streetlight in the 'cell phone' and the camera actually focuses on it giving a good look at whats on the other guys screen, but I cannot make out the triangular lights, but they are faint so it's to be expected.

But I'm wondering if there's enhancement tools or different light spectrums to view the video in to enhance the imageon the cell phone. If you can somehow see the 'ufo' on the other guys hand held, I think that would eliminate cgi.

judging by the streetlight he is pointing in the same direction as the camera, but if lights can be found on the smaller screen, it doesn't rule out a hoax. It could still be a glider, or an RC plane/helocopter, with attachments.

But I think if this was CGI, they wouldn't think to go as far as also put the image on the tiny cell phone. Even IF they did, it'd be another avenue to explore and compare, i guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Lights against a black sky...hhmmmm, never seen that one before, lol. Whatever it is (if real) it must be terrestrial, either a balloon or some military/civilian aircraft. It's not aliens, thats for sure.

really? thats for sure... ok, i guess ill just take your expert advise on that... try supporting your claims before stating your assumption as fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
can someone zoom in and clean up what the other camera mans display screen is showing\? cuz if its CGI like some ppl say would be easy to do, well would it be easy to put it on the other cameras display screen as well? i doubt its CGI. and if its fake.. well, its more likely a model or thin slab of wood with lights attached to a balloon way above it. the things appears to be so thin i couldnt imagine inhabitants or even much equipment on board this thing.. either way,, NICE thread, flagged

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Once again, sadly, people think we are debating the existence of Aliens and UFO's even when we are NOT debating that.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wonder why the triangle shape is so prevealent in Belgium, that's where it was back in the 90s

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join