It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Remains of Second Temple in Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Possible Remains of Second Temple in Jerusalem

www.breitbart.com

Remains of the Jewish second temple may have been found during work to lay pipes at the Al-Aqsa mosque compound in east Jerusalem, Israeli television reported Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If found to be the true second temple destroyed by the Romans centuries ago, this will be significant on many fronts.

End time believers will point to this as a sign of the times, I'm sure Zionists will use this as further proof of land rights, and the Muslims will feel the pressure to restrict access to any further excavation.

There is also this guy Vendyl Jones from Texas, who is doing work in Israel, he is also searching for second temple, ark of convenant, etc...
this from Wikipedia...
en.wikipedia.org...

"Jones believes his archaeology to have eschatological significance, and that when he finds the ancient religious items he is looking for, God will be revealed to the world, all Jews will return to Israel, and there will be peace in the Middle East."

Something worth keeping an eye on...I worry about religous figures, religions, political figures looking for ways to hasten the end times. The finding of the second temple could lead to new fanaticism looking to do just that.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This could be major. Any time anything happens on that hill it could be major. This could be exceptionally major.

This is one to watch for sure.

[edit on 8-30-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wont be much left off it by the time those pipes are laid

Top Israeli archaeologists held an emergency press conference on Thursday, warning that a Second Temple courtyard wall is in danger of being destroyed by the Arab excavations there.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I noticed they reported about the Jewish folks being unhappy about the digging the other day, news.bbc.co.uk...
I had a feeling something was going to happen with it.
and since gut feelings are newsworthy nowadays I thought Id post it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Valhall, Agreed, the 3 big religions of that area tend to get real touchy on the subject of archeology and finds that prove or disprove various apsects of their religous history.

With locations just mere feet wide in some cases and overlaps of archelogical significance things could get heated really fast and over trivial matters such as rights of way, or ancient ownership rights, etc...

The Coo, too true, I would not think it beyond one group to do damage to sites for no other reason than plain antagonism.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
At any given time the current structures and the remnants of former structures on that mountain to cause a situation that within hours could escalate to all out conflict. Something like this should not be taken lightly - not until it comes to a full peaceful resolution should it be removed from the "worrisome" category.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Amenti, thanks for the link...two things from that article come right off the page at me, and speak to the dangers of that area and feelings of each group towards each other.

from your link...

"He (Dr. Barkai) accuses the Islamic authorities of wanting to "show who is the boss" by destroying Jewish remains in al-Aqsa mosque."

and the other side from the same article...

"As far as Dr Natsheh is concerned the Israeli government has no authority over what is happening, as the Muslim authorities do not recognise its legitimacy in the occupied territory."

with each side thumbing their noses at each other and knowing how quickly things escalate in this region...from shouts, to stones to missiles, you have to wonder what will be the spark thats lites the tenderbox.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
about the only thing i'm interested in...is when they find 'Amber'
from the 1st Temple, as in Solomons' Temple,
and this particular 'Amber' came from what we modern era people
call Lithuania..... alluded to as "Mountain of Luit" in ancient scriptures

I know that analysis of any Amber (from 1st Temple era 'spoils' site)
could be localized as being from modern Lithuania...if found & tested...
which would add a degree of veracity to my personal theory.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Deadbang,
Good points. Taking in the tone of the BBC article, it all seems a little contrived to me, but then again, I think everything is a conspiracy.

I do feel the global types want a holy war badly, one that strikes at the root of it all.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

I know that analysis of any Amber (from 1st Temple era 'spoils' site)
could be localized as being from modern Lithuania...if found & tested...
which would add a degree of veracity to my personal theory.

You have sooooooo peaked my interest. Do you have your theory posted here?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow...If this is true, this is going to be huge...and could start the beginning of a great conflict...just have to wait and see on this one...I will be watching this closely...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
somewhere in the 2,800+ responses i've made over the years...one might find a reference to Solomons Temple Lithuanian 'Amber'

but the crux of my 'theory' is that the scripture noted place known as the
"Mountain of Luit' is in fact the well known 'Amber-Deposits' region in the modern land called Lithuania.

so, there was Trade & commerce between the 800-700 BC cultures of the
peoples of the Baltic regions and the Middle-East.
which begs the question of how did Solomon know to obtain Amber from a distant source?
they sure didn't have telecommunications as we have today...and the Baltic sea peoples are Way far away from any 'Silk Road' routes->>
so, that knowledge of quality amber sources must have been pretty well known, even in the ancient world....

my focus was not on the Kingdom of Solomon's Israel,
so much as the commerce & trade which a far flung/distant Lithuanian people were engaged in....with this war centered people (Israelites)

[edit on 30-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

"Jones believes his archaeology to have eschatological significance, and that when he finds the ancient religious items he is looking for, God will be revealed to the world, all Jews will return to Israel, and there will be peace in the Middle East."

Maybe someone could answer this for me since I don't have my bible handy. Would be bringing peace to the Middle East be a cessation of fighting, or would it be by one group wiping out the other??

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

but the crux of my 'theory' is that the scripture noted place known as the
"Mountain of Luit' is in fact the well known 'Amber-Deposits' region in the modern land called Lithuania.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by St Udio]

there is no mention of the "Mountain of Luit" in the Bible! If so, where is it mentioned? What book or verse is it mentioned in?

Thank You in advance for your reply.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
Maybe someone could answer this for me since I don't have my bible handy. Would be bringing peace to the Middle East be a cessation of fighting, or would it be by one group wiping out the other??

As far as I can tell, according to the Bible it looks like it would be both a 1000 year end to hostilities as well as "one group wiping out the other" at the valley of Armageddon. And by one group wiping out another, it would seem to be Christians wiping out the combined armies of the rest of the world.

This is horrible news if you aren’t a Christian who believes in a literal or near-literal interpretation of the Books of Daniel and Revelation (and other books to a lesser extent.

It is, however, possible great news for Zionist Christians and Jews. Anything that may speed the return of the Messiah and the coming of a new Judeo-Christian age will typically be celebrated by those of us with faith in the Lord that he knows what he is doing.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
it would seem to be Christians wiping out the combined armies of the rest of the world.

there's no Christian army in Armageddon. Im not one to believe the 501c3 pre tribulation rapture but it does appear though that at least this late in the game the christians are outa there....biblically speaking.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Amenti]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti
there's no Christian army in Armageddon. Im not one to believe the 501c3 pre tribulation rapture but it does appear though that at least this late in the game the christians are outa there....biblically speaking.

Can you start another thread on that? I would love to discuss it with you but I think we would be taking this off topic, even if it is a closely related subject, and this far too newsworthy a thread to derail.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well I can find nothing but joy in thinking that part of God's temple may have been found.

Hopefully it will be rebuilt soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well I can find nothing but joy in thinking that part of God's temple may have been found.

Hopefully it will be rebuilt soon.

Star worthy.

Like I said, to those of us who trust in the Lord this is great news.

So far as the Temple not being rebuilt, this is cause for great concern to many Christian and Jews. The Lord granted Israel swift victory over enemies on several battlefields last century and Israel still hasn’t enough faith to stand up to Muslims and protect these sites.

If this is really a Temple to the Lord then Israel should take steps to protect it or she risks further punishment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join