It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Remains of Second Temple in Jerusalem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Well it is hard to actually revise books that you have 2000 year old copies of.

Source please? this in not accurate at all...

research the "congress of Nicea" it was not 2000 years ago
and there is not source that IS 2000 years old

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
to us muslims its where the prohpet ascended to the heavens
above site should give a clear understanding

Yes, I know it says he ascended from Jerusalem, but is the scripture clear it was from the Temple Mount?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thats all you ever hear out of the false religion people, Source please? Please teach us the history that we fail to forget twenty years ago. Or that our religion is the ones sending babies with bombs strapped to them because they are to weak to fight like men. You are millions so why are you always loosing have you figured that out? Because your on the wrong side.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Thats all you ever hear out of the false religion people, Source please? Please teach us the history that we fail to forget twenty years ago. Or that our religion is the ones sending babies with bombs strapped to them because they are to weak to fight like men. You are millions so why are you always loosing have you figured that out? Because your on the wrong side.

WTH are you talking about?

And please do it with out using the stupid stero-types.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The Arabs get to destroy our religious site while if the Israelis touched any of theirs it would be a world wide panic. I say Israeli citizens should destroy their Alasqa mosque and Rebuild Solomons Temple.

You shouldn't blame this on every Arab, that is rediculous. Only radicals do things like that.

[edit on 06/21/2007 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Oh yeah forgot something:

Cavscout:

I've also seen you criticizing other peoples beliefs, and steroptyping, you didn't come out and say it, but you were implying it.

You are correct; I have done all of the above. I, however, didn’t come out in this thread and admit to being ignorant of the very beliefs I am criticizing.

And I didn’t mean to offend you, that is just how I talk. I don’t do the nice PC thing, sorry if you thought I wasnt being civil; I do try to remain civil.

I just suggest that if you are going to start out in a conversation saying you don’t anything about a religion you shouldn’t later criticize it, and I stand by that statement.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You are correct; I have done all of the above. I, however, didn’t come out in this thread and admit to being ignorant of the very beliefs I am criticizing.

I just suggest that if you are going to start out in a conversation saying you don’t anything about a religion you shouldn’t later criticize it, and I stand by that statement.

Yes, and I have apologized for this.

But you are ignorant of the beliefs you are criticizing, you generalized that every other religion or specifically the Muslim religon straps bombs to their chests and kills themselves in the name of their God. When it's only a small percententage of the Muslim population.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

it was from the Temple Mount?

Yes. Yes, it was.

[edit on 8-31-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yes. Yes, it was.

Can you give a chapter/verse of the Koran that says this?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yes. Yes, it was.

Can you give a chapter/verse of the Koran that says this?

No, no I can't. Nor do I want to look anything up on it. You can do that. I have no idea if it is within the Koran. I'm telling you what the Islamic faith believes happened. Heck, if Mohammed didn't write it down then it wouldn't be in there, right? The Islamic faith believes that Mohammed was taken up from the rock within the Al Aqsa mosque. They believe that the marks on the rock were caused by the fingers of Mohammed as he was pulled away from it.

If you want more than that, you'll have to do your own research. These days I'm terribly tired of doing research for others. I did it for years and it didn't matter, so now I just fall back on - "find it yourself". After all, if you're not interested enough to get the answer you feel comfortable with through research, then you don't deserve to argue the answer being giving to you without any work on your part.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No, no I can't. Nor do I want to look anything up on it. You can do that. I have no idea if it is within the Koran.

Well, as you should know, it is difficult to prove a negative. I have researched the Koran and haven't found any reference to that specific site.

I'm telling you what the Islamic faith believes happened. Heck, if Mohammed didn't write it down then it wouldn't be in there, right?

Absolutely not, some of our Islamic members here love to point out that many things "blamed" on Islam faith don't come from the Koran (the only true book) but from the Hadith or other noncanonical teachings.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hmm, my first slating here, I knew I should have steered clear of religion

Just because the first temples were not built to unite the three religions does not mean that they should not co-operate now.

When I mentioned 'true spirit' I meant in the fact that they were built to the glory of god.

I did not mention building the tower of babel, although a united humanity working together would be better than what we have now.

Although I mentioned constructing a new new temple, maybe the site should be left as it is, god's house is already there.

I dont feel I mentioned that I thought my religion was the correct one.

The site is surronded by various diffrent dogma from all three religions.

I certainly feel some bigotry flowing through this thread, but alas it is our way.

I am just sick of hearing about children being shot in tree's, people being bombed in buses or catching tomahawks in their front room!

People should remember what was written on those stone tablets in the first place.

I await my second beating

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepCoverUK

No beating here, and welcome to the boards.
I feel that archeology has been hijacked somewhere along the way and if it does not fit into the accepted ‘dogma’ or scripts written by the established archeologists then it is dismissed and somewhere along the way the hypothesis is berated by the establishment.
(But that is a another thread for/from, another day!)

Religion (and politics) are – and always will be – very emotive subjects. Archeology on the other hand should be bereft of any of the above. Just stick to the facts as they are presented.

The day the ‘Ark of the Covenant’ surfaces, is a day when most religions will have to stand back and re assesses their faith in the good books, (be they Jewish, Christian, Muslim or Agnostic).

However, whatever they (the archeologists) find through having to live off the scraps of the modernization of the current excavation, may be misrepresented, or discarded by conventional thinking from the Church, Mosque or museum of antiquities, so we are no better off.
I certainly do agree that a non secular dig should be allowed and commenced on the current site plus they should also be allowed to reopen and excavate some of the ‘blocked off’ tunnels of the original site.
Those who would have faith would have nothing to fear of the findings.

Just my 2 cents!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Ethiopians claim to have the Arc of the Covent so why hasn't some country or leader tried to get in the temple where it is said to be kept. The U.S is there now helping them fight Islamic extremist. Could the leaders of the nations be so scared to try and get it?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Ethiopians claim to have the Arc of the Covent so why hasn't some country or leader tried to get in the temple where it is said to be kept.

First, what gives a foreign country the right to take it, if the Ethiopians own it? Second, the compound housing the ark is very well protected by everyone in the village, wielding ak-47s and pitch forks. They will put their lives up to defend anyone taking it. Third, the village believes the ark is there, but also believe the only one pure enough to see it or be near it is the priest who lives in the church that holds the ark.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
An update to the thread, here is an article I just located, I am not sure of the bias of the source but it does go into a little more of what has occurred since the news first broke.

Silence in the Face of Continued Temple Mount Destruction

A week ago, Temple expert Dr. Gavriel Barkai told Arutz-7 that according to his, and others', calculations, the route of the trench passes precisely through the spot where one or more of the office walls stood the day of the Roman destruction.

"Some man-worked stones have been found in the trench," Barkai said at a press conference last week, "as well as remnants of a wall that, according to all our estimations, are from a structure in one of the outer courtyards in the Holy Temple."

Shortly afterwards, Dr. Mazar examined a photo of the trench, clearly showing a chopped-up carved stone. Mazar said the damaged stone displays elements of the Second Temple era, and might well be part of the Jewish Temple. She says she needs to view it up close; but the Waqf does not allow her to do so.

I excerpted an interesting snippet, the photo spoken of has a link which takes you to WND, what I find disturbing is the silence, you would think if this is evidence of the second temple, allowing the project to continue unscrutinized would be unbelieveable.

Also at the end of the article it touches on the topic discussed above and states this:

In verse 1 of chapter 17, the Koran states that Allah transported Mohammed from Mecca to Al-Aksa; but this cannot be referring to the mosque in Jerusalem, because when Mohammed was alive, there were no mosques there. Rather, it refers to the 'end' (aktsa, in Arabic) of the sky."

I am not endorsing this view just pointing to this as a possible answer.

Still the lack of a concerted effort to stop the dig makes me wonder if it is what was claimed earlier.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well it was quiet, now the ZOA (Zionist Organization of America) has issued a press release urging the Israeli Prime Minister Ohlmert to take immediate action to stop the dig.

RELEASE

ZOA writes to Olmert

New York — The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has written to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert urging him to immediately take action to stop the wanton destruction of priceless Jewish antiquities on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount by the Waqf, the Muslim religious authorities who control the Temple Mount area. The Temple Mount is the holiest site in Judaism, but of lesser significance to Muslims than Mecca and Medina. Jerusalem is mentioned hundreds of times in the Bible, but not even once in Quran. When Jordan controlled the Temple Mount between 1948 and 1967, no Arab leader other than King Hussein of Jordan visited the mosques there; 58 synagogues, however, were destroyed. In recent days, reports indicate that the Islamic Waqf’s desecration and destruction of the Temple Mount has intensified. The Waqf, which is digging a trench five feet deep and some 150 yards long for the laying of electrical cables and water pipes, is using a mechanical digger, cutting through the subsoil and piling it up beside the trench. Israeli archaeologists say such material should be carefully sifted and documented, as it would be even at sites of far lesser significance than this most sensitive Jewish religious and cultural location.

[edit on 2007/9/7 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
JackKatMtn, thanks for the update, thats my worry on this situation, each side will use this event to continue centuries old animosities and vendettas for lack of a better way to put it..it's thuggery at a religous level.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

I agree if there is any disputed Holy ground in the world that always sparks emotion, it is this one.

It just amazes me that the overwhelming message of goodwill, which I believe is the basis of the religions involved here, is so easily tossed aside due to the selective teachings of those same religions.

It doesn't make sense to me, but I am not indocrinated to believe in only one way, maybe this is where each religion fails.

I don't know, as a believer in God, what happens here only hurts..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A fascinating article, but what it fails to mention is that the escape tunnel discovery strikingly confirms University of Chicago historian Norman Golb's theory, now supported by an entire series of Israeli archaeologists, that the Dead Sea Scrolls are not the writings of a small sect living at Qumran, but the remains of Jerusalem libraries, smuggled out of the city for hiding during the Roman siege of 70 A.D. In his books and articles, Golb has specifically argued that Jews used tunnels to get the scrolls out and took them down to the Dead Sea region through various wadis including the Kidron, which is precisely where the newly discovered, massive drain/tunnel is thought to exit. The famous Copper Scroll found in one of the caves near Qumran describes a deposit of silver as being hidden "near the dam at the mouth of the Kidron gorge."

This also puts a spotlight on a current controversy involving a major exhibition of the Scrolls taking place in San Diego. Pursuant to an agreement that clearly violates the norms of institutional neutrality, the San Diego Natural History Museum has excluded all of the researchers who have rejected the "Qumran-Essene" theory of scroll origins from participating in its lecture series and, in the exhibit itself, has intentionally misinformed the public concerning the grounds supporting the Jerusalem theory.

For further information on the controversy surrounding this exhibit, see the posting entitled "Chronology of Dead Sea Scrolls controversy in San Diego" on Wordpress, and the articles by Charles Gadda on the Nowpublic site, in particular the one entitled "Christian fundamentalism and the Dead Sea Scrolls in San Diego." Here are the links:

museumethics.wordpress.com...
www.nowpublic.com...

Follow Gadda's links for his other articles too, they expose a truly outrageous scandal.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join