It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance and God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

By repeating the test and using something called maths.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

My statement still applies. We do not know the depths of our mind. It is a stranger to us at times. We are forever uncertain of something.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yet so many are certain there's a god? And all that's in the bible is true and is the way god wanted it? Science has proof. religion doesn't...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The only thing I'm certain of in this universe, is that I have faith that Christ is my saviour, and that love overcomes all adversity.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The only thing I'm certain of in this universe, is that I have faith that Christ is my saviour, and that love overcomes all adversity.

the first part is a tiny bit delusional to believe... especially considering that it has nothing to support it... at all.

the second one is a bit too idealistic... sure, love will overcome many adversaries... but i don't think love would overcome someone like genghis khan

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My ex isn't as bad as Ghengis and love sure didn't overcome him.

Love isn't a magic balm. It's one of many human emotions.

If god is all powerful and above and outside the universe, what's it doing with human emotions anyway?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

My ex isn't as bad as Ghengis and love sure didn't overcome him.

Love isn't a magic balm. It's one of many human emotions.

If god is all powerful and above and outside the universe, what's it doing with human emotions anyway?

We are made in His image. He has emotions as we do.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
We are made in His image. He has emotions as we do.

then said being isn't perfect, as it experiences anger, hatred, jealousy, pride, etc etc

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

God is alive. He is not stone or metal... he acts and thinks and moves.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Therefore god can die?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

then said being isn't perfect, as it experiences anger, hatred, jealousy, pride, etc etc

Why would that not be perfect? As well as the emotions you mention there is also love and compassion.

To not have emotions would mean He wasn't real. As one made in His image, with a full range of emotions, if someone purposely hurt your child, family, friend or anyone, could you stand there and allow it with no emotional response? Of course not. Nor will He.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Therefore god can die?

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.

Flesh dies, spirit does not. Unless, of course, that spirit is one of the ones thrown in the lake of fire but that is a choice made by the individual.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If god is a spirit then why say he's alive? If god(spirit) is alive then he has the ability to die.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

If god is a spirit then why say he's alive? If god(spirit) is alive then he has the ability to die.

Because as a Spirit He is truly alive, as we will be. Our spirit, which is the intellect of our soul, never stops living. We were with Him when we were first created, whenever that was, and that same soul will step out of our flesh bodies at our physical death and continue in the next dimension which is simply to be back where we came from.

That is why He wrote:

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

We existed in that spirit form before we were born in this age just as we will exist in that same form, our same souls, after we physically die. Being spirit doesn't mean a whispy, smoky, floating plasma but it has matter, mass. We were made in the same image of God so we look like we do now when in spirit but we don't age, die, etc.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

So...the spirit doesn't die but it CAN at the end of the millennium - the time
when the souls that chose to follow Satan instead of God are cast into hell, or the lake of fire.

Rev.20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Some will die the "second death", that of their souls. After that we go into eternity and there is no more death or hell (hell, as written there means the grave). They are gone.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Why would that not be perfect? As well as the emotions you mention there is also love and compassion.

yes.. but those are the good things in humanity. the being would be imperfect because it also contains humanities imperfections.

To not have emotions would mean He wasn't real. As one made in His image, with a full range of emotions, if someone purposely hurt your child, family, friend or anyone, could you stand there and allow it with no emotional response? Of course not. Nor will He.

then god isn't perfect. a being of infinite power, knowledge, and understanding wouldn't be a being of infinite understanding of ANYTHING angered it. such a being has control over all things... so anything that happens would happen with its consent. if it gets angry at things it allows to happen... it's actually a sufferer of some mental disorder.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is merely a mis-understanding of my God.

He knows everything, but everything still plays out, as do the actions of God.

This world is a trial, a proving ground where God is the ref. Those who do wicked, God will send their own wickedness back to them. It's as if God is mirror like, projecting back that which an individual emits. Tenfold. Do good, and good will be done unto you, encite wrath, and you will be overtaken yourself. The problem is, even though you may do good, the wages of sin are death. The most evil of men, accepted by God if they repent... that is the love of God.

We act independent of God. We make the choice to depend upon him.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Madness -
yes.. but those are the good things in humanity. the being would be imperfect because it also contains humanities imperfections.

Consider that those emotions are not imperfections.

WW -

Madness -
then god isn't perfect. a being of infinite power, knowledge, and understanding wouldn't be a being of infinite understanding of ANYTHING angered it. such a being has control over all things... so anything that happens would happen with its consent. if it gets angry at things it allows to happen... it's actually a sufferer of some mental disorder.

Of course He is perfect. He sets the standards for perfection, not us.

Again, I ask you to place yourself in His position. He has a child that He has loved from the day he was born. He coddled him, laid awake with Him when he was ill, comforted him when he was hurt, provided a home, food, clothing and yet.......that child ignored Him, spent time with other father figures, derided everything He stood for, everything He taught him.

How would you feel? Well....So does He. Why does He? Because He has emotions, just like us.

He allows things to happen, even though He could stop it at any time, because He wants your love but it must be freely given. That is why you and I are on this earth now. He wants to know who does and does not love Him.

............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Again, I ask you to place yourself in His position. He has a child that He has loved from the day he was born. He coddled him, laid awake with Him when he was ill, comforted him when he was hurt, provided a home, food, clothing and yet.......that child ignored Him, spent time with other father figures, derided everything He stood for, everything He taught him.

How would you feel? Well....So does He. Why does He? Because He has emotions, just like us.

Wow your asking people to place themselfs in gods postion? How do you even know what's going on inside his mind? Shouldn't it be so advanced that it's not understandable by anyone but god himself? Then why do you bother asking? Your comparing humans to god...?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Wow your asking people to place themselfs in gods postion? How do you even know what's going on inside his mind? Shouldn't it be so advanced that it's not understandable by anyone but god himself? Then why do you bother asking? Your comparing humans to god...?

No, I'm not comparing humans to God but I am saying compare your emotional responses to His. He uses the analogy to teach.

11 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rev.2:20 Notwithstanding, I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21.And I gave her space to repent of her fornication: and she repented not.

22.Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

God is telling us He is jealous and angry if we follow and love someone other than He, the one we are espoused or married to. He wants us to compare it to how we would feel in that same position. If we don't remain a "chaste virgin" spiritually by commiting fornication or adultery with other religions, etc. He tells us what the consequences will be.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

I don't get your last part. It is saying you shouldn't mix with other religion?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join