It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Police ADMIT to Use of Agents! - Police accused of using provocateurs at Montebello QC summi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Good post jefwane. I noticed most of those also. There was lots of cameras there. There must be some way to identify these individuals.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just in case anyone says well maybe they arrested two of em and not the third. Heres a quote from the source.

www.thestar.com...

Police confirm that only four protesters were arrested during the summit – two men and two women. All have been charged with obstruction and resisting arrest.

Veteran protester Jaggi Singh, who is helping to circulate the video as widely as possible, said all four of those arrested are known to organizers and are genuine protesters

So four arrests, all known by the organizers. What about these three? Clearly inciting violence and not arrested, even after being taken into custody.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by jefwane]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They look like provocateurs, just look at how peacefully they fall to the floor.
If that was 3 big protesters, the cops would be trying to pepper spray them,
or beating them. I am glad to see the union leader caught on very fast
or the situation could have turned ugly very quickly, and the protest could have
ended!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
hello boys and girls, yes im very familiar with this situation the cia for many years has a secret department where they have pysops where they infiltrate for example this peacfull protest to disrupt and cause anarchy so the police them lock eevry1 up rendering nomore protestors, you see cia they have fake protestors go and make fight with real protestor then police lock every1 up now no more protestors, good for cia, its all under the mind control umbrella project just like protestors in manhattan nyc at ground zero they send cia under cover as photographers not takin pic of the protest but to infiltrate and become friends and spy on the protestors

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Maybe they only spoke French and had no idea what that guy was saying? Considering the aggressor wasn't going on much besides not lowering the masks.

Normally undercovers will have an identifying factor like a piece of tap on an arm etc so they won't be thrown about to hard if they need to pass the line. However they will be roughed enough to blend in.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cops busted!!!
And this time by union activists and a bunch of young anarchists.

Good thing that it was picked up by the mainstream media. The Police are exposed to the ridicule with their crappy tactics. At least if they had managed to hire guys who really look like activists, instead of fat jerks in their 40s badly disguised as protesters...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Normally undercovers will have an identifying factor like a piece of tap on an arm etc so they won't be thrown about to hard if they need to pass the line. However they will be roughed enough to blend in.

Like maybe a certain color paint in specific spots like the shoulder on "rocky" and "clean cut" or on the boots like "jersey" (got this from the boot pick on Youtube, you can tell them apart by their pants). Also "clean cut" has some type of lime green fabric on the top of the pack on his belt. "Rocky" has a tag of the same color hanging from his pack.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My My, things are getting crazy aren't they!
The cops are like Mafia here in Quebec, I have had some run ins before!
It's really bad if your english like I am... ouff!
I was attacked once by a crazy neighbor and pepper sprayed in Lachine, another neighbor called the cops and an ambulance for me but while the paramedics where washing my eyes out, she got to the cops first. My X was having an affair with her ( so were a lot of people) and I found out so I threw him out of the house and thats why she was mad, she jumped me from behind, he grabed the key chain out of her hands and ran in the house with me, after she sprayed him too. So she got to the cops first and told them it was my pepper spray, that I stole the key chain and put the pepper spray on it. I was arrested and put in jail all day and most of the night then had to go to court and drop the asult charges and plead guilty to possesion of an illagal weapon... talk about a shaft!
I asked them to take finger prints from the pepper spray, I never touched it, they laughed, called me names and told me I watch to much tv. I was treated really bad and humiliated and was told to use toilet water to wash out my eyes. It was awful! They wouldnt even allow me to contact someone to collect my children after school, luckly someone made a call.
I contacted COPB years to late but they were kind enough to give me tips on what to do if something like that ever happened again.
I am going to read more about this thead after I feed my children and spend sometime with them, so proably later tonight. I need to figure out who to contact and what to write, is there a petition?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
policemen trying to start a riot at a peaceful protest?

ugh, how disgusting.....its a sad day when our law enforcement can no longer be trusted.. whats going on?

Well I don't know about Canada, but this has been SOP in the US for at least 20 years (I first encountered it back then anyway) and it works.

The cops can crack all the heads they want, break up a protest, and blame it all on "violent demonstrators"...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex Well I don't know about Canada, but this has been SOP in the US for at least 20 years (I first encountered it back then anyway) and it works.The cops can crack all the heads they want, break up a protest, and blame it all on "violent demonstrators"...

This may sound incredibly naive, but we simply expect better of our police and our government.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Honestly, you probably usually have reason to.

Canada has always seemed to me to be far more sensibly run than my own country

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Good observation.

The union leader started to shout at them 'police" when a little ninja whispered to him that these guys are cops.

Another thing I want to add. Did you noticed the body phisique of these three guys. They are build like a truck. And a riot police were quite gently when they "arrested" them. I saw a riot squad arrest football huligans with my own eyes once, and they are not half that gentle.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by yanchek]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Watch right as the three enter the police line how the last, the tallest, puts his hands together and sort of gently dives in. Doesn’t push his way in, but acts just like someone trying to gently move through a crowd, like he is at a sporting event. He then STANDS THERE waiting patiently for his turn to be tackled.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I came across an up date today in my hometown paper about the three agents provocateurs at Montebllo, I'm glad to see this story get some legs. Time will tell I guess.

Opposition demands probe of 'fake' summit protesters

But anti-globalization and union activists joined with opposition politicians to demand an independent investigation.
www.thespec.com...

And this article I find a bit strange, Kirkland a security consultant says it's common practice of planting undercover personnel. It adds another layer of safety for police. Yea right, just who where these guys going to throw rocks at??

Protesters say 'goons' planted at Montebello
Thu, August 23, 2007
By LAURA CZEKAJ, SUN MEDIA

Snip

The union is demanding that Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Quebec Premier Jean Charest answer questions about the men and why they were apparently trying to instigate trouble in what was clearly a peaceful protest.
~~
RCMP Cpl. Luc Bessette would not discuss summit security details because it could jeopardize planning for future events.

"We can ensure the RCMP does not use tactics that would encourage confrontation or incite violence," he said.
~~
After viewing the video, Doug Kirkland, a retired Ottawa police sergeant and security consultant, told Sun Media he was confident the three men were not protesters but said they might not have been police either.

"It could have been a private security exercise," he said. Planting undercover officers in a crowd of demonstrators is common practice, not to create conflict but to add another layer of safety for police."

lfpress.ca...

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's not uncommon at all Sauron. Any planned demonstration that Agencies have time to plan for will be fully infultrated with plainclothes and undercovers. I was astounded at the amount of people who were to be the UC/plainclothes that they had training with us for the G-8 summit in '04. I thought that the idea would be that agents in the crowd would be able to identify trouble makers before they are able to whip up the crowd into a real riot. So that a peaceful protest could go ahead as planned. This video leads me to believe differently. I don't think I'll buy the anarchist/Black Flag started the crap arguement ever again when we see violence at a protest.I'd love to find out what agencies these guys were from.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I agree I don't think it is uncommon, but what I find odd is this fellow seen the video but goes on to say it is safety for the police while this one person/agent was holding a rock thats all.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I swear, everytime i watch this i find something else proving these guys are cops. Watch them being led away, they still have their backpacks on. Does anyone think that if these were real protesters or even anarchists, they'd still be allowed to have their backpack on the way to jail.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ha Ha, They admit it, this is getting interesting!
Quebec police admit they went undercover at Montebello protest

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The story also aired on CBC Radio (The World at 6) this evening.

The QPP did the very same thing at anti-globalization protests in Montreal a few years back. A friend of mine witnessed it. The police were trying to incite violence and then started hauling people off.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by serpentine7]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is definitely an accepted practice of police at these type of protests. After chatting with some friends today, they told me about a protest in Halifax a while back over nuclear ships docking in the harbour there. This was 2 maybe 3 years ago. All the protesters knew each other as it was small and organized by the local anti nuke crowd, the Halifax Peace Coalition. Except for three guys who were dressed in the black hoodies and bandanas over the face and the like. They were there, not to cause problems , but to film the protesters. When confronted, they said they were trying to film the cops but there was only 8-10 cops, all dressed in regular uniform mingling with the crowd. These fellows disappeared about five minutes later. They didn't interact with anyone at all, just filmed and left. They said they have noticed this before at protests in Halifax also.

I know this is just anecdotal evidence but I trust these people and they are active, peaceful activists. Not your stereotypical hippie or anarchists but concerned citizens that are business people, business owners and are active in our community.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join