It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Police ADMIT to Use of Agents! - Police accused of using provocateurs at Montebello QC summi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow. This is the first time they've admitted to this, though they did get caught red handed. Yay technology! If it weren't for crazy small handheld recorders this never would have got the attention it's getting now.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You know, when they do actually admit to it like this what the hell are we supposed to say?

I'm speechless.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm not speechless I'm very happy! I used to go out and protest the Harris budget cuts in the 90s(actually I was just trying to pick up girls but NEways) and every time there were dudes there trying to stir up trouble. The Queens Park riots in the 90s was started by the cops, I was there and saw it and when I told the reporter about it they laughed it away, even though I wasn't the only one saying it and several business people who were near the location said the exact same thing, it was reported but in such a way as to leave a shadow of a doubt behind. This, there is absolutely no shadow of a doubt about their actions and hopefully it will mark a shift in momentum in the protest movement.

If they don't have anything to hide, why are they trying to undermine the protesters by trying to turn them into rioters? Isn't that Entrapment?

[edit on 23-8-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Alright, check this out. JEnigma's link to the story says that the agents claim they were outed by "refusing to throw rocks". I've watched that video many times and the only one I saw with a rock were the undercovers. To be fair, this video focusess almost exclusively on the agents so that's not the end of the story. I know that there was at least one camera being used by the police (this would be SOP for evidentiary purposes) you can actually see an officer with it at 2:42 on the youtube post. So if the UC's and agencies involved aren't lying then shouldn't they have some video of this same event from the other side? Where is it? This agencies credibillity is on the line. One of the local media pumped out some former cop saying if this was a police op it was the worst he'd ever seen before they'd admitted to it. My bet is that it shows the same thing the youtube video shows, the only one with a rock was the UC.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The RCMP and the Quebec Provincial police have credibility? News to me!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
You know, when they do actually admit to it like this what the hell are we supposed to say?

I'm speechless.

You get grouchy over the fact that in the same breath, they're blatantly lying to us.

They are denying that their officers where involved in promoting/inciting violence.
We can see this to be untrue with our own eyes.

Their tactic will now be to minimize the public relations damage by mitigating the crime they committed.

Their line will be something along the lines of:
"Aw, shucks... you caught us. But really... we weren't doing anything that bad. In fact, by planting fake protesters we help protect the innocent people who attend peaceful demonstrations. See? We're really the good guys here.".

Mark my words, we'll be hearing a lot in the media about the positive aspects of police placing agents into organized protests. It's very true that there are some very good reasons to do this.

We must not forget for a moment that this WAS NOT THE CASE.
We watched these agents attempt to incite violence.
We Saw the rock in his hand.
We heard them yelling to the crowd.
We watched their leader shove CEP President Dave Coles.
We witnessed these agents attempt to undermine our fundamental rights to peaceful protest.
This is a crime against The People of Canada and should be handled very seriously.

[/rant]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
CTV News
Cops admit to using provocateurs
Here

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JEnigma
CTV News
Cops admit to using provocateurs
Here

Last line of that report: "The Force insists that they did not act as provocateurs or commit any crimes"

THIS IS A LIE!

We see one man commit assault in the YouTube vid. He clearly shoved Coles without reasonable provocation.

Let's spell this out once again so there can be no mistake.
THAT POLICE OFFICER COMMITTED ASSAULT. ASSAULT IS A CRIME.
CLAIMING THAT THE OFFICERS COMMITTED NO CRIME IS A LIE.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If only I'd be canadian, I'd raise hell over this. Not only for the purpose of this protest but every protest in the past and future. We've seen riot police beat up media people, shoot bystanders with rubber bullets etc. and they cannot do that unless there's someone provoking the situation, and how many times it's the cops themselves?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm very glad there is a large union involved with this, if it was just us little peons it would never be heard of again. Hopefully the Communications, Energy, and Paperworkers Union of Canada don't let this go and push for charges to be laid.
On another note the trio of agents all had the same colour green as the riot police have on there shoulder pips. It would be nice to see more photos to see if we could spot more infiltrators. Sort of where's Walldo

CBC NEWS: Quebec police admit going undercover at montebello protests

CEP takes a stand at Montebello

Quebec police admit they infiltrated protest.

[edit on 24/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I sent a letter to Mr. Harper and Mr. Stockwell Day just now demanding something be done! Hope it helps a nudge and that I didnt get to personal, I am bad like that.

Mr. Harper.... please do something about the police corruption and their silly games that go beyond policing which step all over our human rights.
I am a mother of 4 and I am just as frightened of police as I am of hard criminals and that’s the truth. I stopped driving a few years ago because of a nasty cop who decided to spot check me for no reason and because I have been a victim of police brutality (I shake now when I see a police car and get very nervous). I am a 95 pound woman who never had any problem with police in the past but they arrested me after I was jumped in a parking lot and pepper sprayed by a prostitute on my way to adult education courses a few years ago, and then charged with possession of the pepper spray that was attached to her key chain.
When I asked them to check it for finger prints to see that mine were not on it, they said I watch too much TV and they would not let me phone someone to meet my small children after school.
The cops obviously had something going with this woman, they seemed to know her well! (They left me to clean the pepper spray from my eyes with rough paper and toilet water and she was given royal treatment for a sprained ankle from the fall she took when she pulled me down.)
I have to teach my kids to not even trust the police but to be respectful if they have a run in and to obviously stay out of trouble. It is not like the old days when we were kids and cops were the good guys whom we ran up to and asked to put on the sirens and lights and to sit in the car for fun.... I am sure there are good police out there but they are too few now.
We need something to be done about this Montebello incident with police undercover as provocateurs! The world is watching, it’s all over the inter-net, what is going to be done about it they ask?! You can not let our freedoms slip in this way; it’s bad for Canadians and Canadian pride, & it is creating fears... or is that the point? I will be watching the news and waiting to see what develops and what action is taken to protect our peaceful demonstrators and to protect our rights as citizens!
Sincerely J

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Sauron I was thinking the same thing today. With all the video of this event from throughout the day, there should be a possibility to spot them. Maybe I'll take some time tonite to have a look at all the video's on youtube. Maybe even spot the outted undercovers earlier in the day.

Jen, good for you. I did the same thing yesterday evening> I also sent one to my MP and several other politicians. I am going to send one to David Cole tonight and let him know he has support here on the east coast.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Unfortunately, with Harper and the New Conservatives in power now, Canada is turning into a USA clone, albeit smaller and with not as big a military. But that is about to change as well with Harper ramping up the military spending.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Harper is bad news for Canada. I liked our country a lot better under the Liberals than I ever will under the Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Oh, I am on the East Coast too, let me know if there is anything I can do from here, I am in a pretty remote area of Quebec and my french is limited (oh yes, its tough sometimes), but if there is a gathering of sorts or protest I should know about going on down there in NB or NS, please let me know and I will do my best to be there. That goes for any UFO con's too, I would love to go to one someday! I went to NFLD a few years ago and the during my travels through NB and NS and NFLD I met the nicest people I could ever imagine to meet, it was amazing, amazing!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

when my voting time comes up you will know I was one of those people who voted against Happer
yea yea, I know there all as crooked as sin, but Happer is a whanabe neo-conservative we don't need that viral trash infecting Canada.
Sorry for almost derailing my thread,

Police accused of using provocateurs at Montebello, Que. summit

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And the spin begins.

I've been hitting as many Canadian news sites as I can and I found one saying that "jersey" was in the corner trying to get the police line to withdraw of all things, unfortunately I closed out the screen before I could copy a link. I'm seeing lots of "the protesters gave us the rocks" spin on various Canadian newsources. It's what I expected.

However I reiterate, there is at least one video of the event that could possibly give a different perspective. The one taken from the otherside of the police line. My thoughts are if it showed others besides the UCs with rocks or acting violent it would have been trotted out ASAP.

Edit: trying to find that quote again and having little luck. Will keep up the search for it and will post link if i find again.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by jefwane]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Quebec police defend officers' actions at summit
Here

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
montebello protest-stop the spp
Here
Read the comments, lol, there is one from the girl who is dancing for the cops, poor girl, she got charged and may loose her job! Not cool, she was just dancing!!!!
I dont agree with any violence at any protest even if it is just rocks, tear gas or no tear gas... but I am happy that so many people showed up to this one and glad these silly cops got caught in their dirty plot against the public!!! Good Job to the folks who blew this open!!! Our rights are under attack, this could be worse then an alien invasion I hate to say, our governments frighten me much more then ET!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I had to give this thread a flag and a bump here!!

I always had a hunch that it was cops who where mostly at blame for most peaceful events to turn ugly!

I tried my best to find some flaw in the OP post, something in which I could turn and say well you know.... But I didnt find one!!

This is a bad thing, yet something very postive can come out of all this.
I dont live up there, but to all my brothers and sisters up there, dont let this pass by! And you have the aid of your american friends here on ATS!!

Dont let this one slip by, and be forgotten! This is what we needed, its the dirty truth! Yet you know how most would rather live a clean lie..
This is one is The People!! And Im very happy to see things getting done!
Its comming time where this can not get over looked.
ITs time folks, and seeing this shows me that they are getting sloppy!

Edit:added text, and thoughts.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Lady In Red" from last posted video being arrested with cops harrasing people and using tear gas.... hmmm, I wonder if I would pick up a rock.... naaa... would I... hmmmm???? The cops make them walk right into the tear gas!!! She was trying to stop them by laying down.
watch Video Here

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join