It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Police ADMIT to Use of Agents! - Police accused of using provocateurs at Montebello QC summi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Police pepperspray non-violent protestors, Montebello SPP
Dam that hurts!!!! Here

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is just to show how much they dont care at all about us!!!
They even pepper spray babies!!!
RCMP Pepper Spray infant
Here

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by xmotex

Unfortunately, with Harper and the New Conservatives in power now, Canada is turning into a USA clone, albeit smaller and with not as big a military. But that is about to change as well with Harper ramping up the military spending.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Harper is bad news for Canada. I liked our country a lot better under the Liberals than I ever will under the Conservatives.

Tell me what the difference is between a Minority Liberal and a Minority Conservative government? They both were for illigal detainment. They were both for combat operations in Afghanistan. They are both for taxing the middle class and lavishing the rich in tax breaks. Hell, at least we know where the Conservatives stand which cannot usually be said of everything the Liberals have done. I find both parties to be offensive to tell you the truth and if there was a way to make our government a perpetual minorty, I would take that in a second.

I sent a letter to Mr. Harper and Mr. Stockwell Day just now demanding something be done! Hope it helps a nudge and that I didnt get to personal, I am bad like that.

Waste of time, Harper is living in a steel re-inforced, sound proof concrete box.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Please stay on topic.

Don' take lessons from the Americans, no need for the radical left/right divide to invade Canadian politics.

Quebec police defend undercover officers - Public safety minister rejects call for public inquiry
Quebec police defend undercover officers - Public safety minister rejects call for public inquiry

Quebec provincial police are standing behind three officers who went undercover during protests at the recent Montebello summit, saying the men weren't there to provoke demonstrators.

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day continued to dismiss calls for a public inquiry on Friday, saying the RCMP has a formal complaints process.

"The thing that was interesting in this particular incident, three people in question were spotted by protesters because were not engaging in violence," Day said.

"They were being encouraged to throw rocks and they were not throwing rocks, it was the protesters who were throwing the rocks. That's the irony of this."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They were singled out because they were NOT violent?
Lying sac of crap...

I'm so pissed right now...

Protester considers pressing charges

Coles, who tried to hold the masked men back, said he is considering pressing charges against the undercover officer who pushed him.

"Criminal acts were committed. They were shoving me and others," he said Friday. "We want an arm's-length independent inquiry of what's going on here."

I hope he does and I hope the news follows the story. I like how the government is brushing off the inquiry claiming that the police have a "complaints process". like that going to get you anywhere.

The police admitting to this is major IMO.

Now we can assume that the small number of troublemakers who start the violence at these things are in fact there to do just that and not necessarily "real" protesters. I wonder if that what started things at Quebec City, In Italy and in Seattle? Makes you wonder now eh?

In every public demonstration from now on, the defence of the protesters will be to claim that "the police started it" whether or not the first salvo came from the crowd or the line of cops charging the crowd.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Quebec City "incident" was not started by the cops, they were started by an Anarchist organization known as the Black Bloq or some such. The Harris Incidents of the 90s were all started by the cops however... Goddamn Fantino...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OH OH OH.... COMPLAIN TO POLICE ABOUT POLICE?????
No my friends, it does not happen in Quebec, I tryed that when I had an illigal search of my apartment once. I called the police station to file a complaint and they said.. and I quote... " No, the police were not aloud to enter your home without a warrent, and yes you can file a complaint, but if you do and you ever need help from us you may want to reconcider"! So I didnt make a complaint, I was living in a bad neighborhood and ended up being attacked and getting no help anyways!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
what this shows is that a mob, a criminal group of forcefull rich gangsters, use force to get there way because everything they have ever done is against the normal will of a local populace.

These 3 had better turn up in prison.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I e-mailed my MP about this issue and here is the response I got:

"Dear -----,

Indeed I have seen this video. Thank you for taking the time to write
to me about these deeply disturbing allegations. Like you, I am very
concerned about the implications of the allegations that have surfaced
around protests in Montebello. Today my NDP colleagues, Peter Julian
and Libby Davies, have written to Minister of Public Safety, Stockwell
Day calling for a public enquiry.

Please keep in touch on this and other issues.

Chris

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 23, 2007

NDP CALLS FOR INQUIRY INTO MONTEBELLO SECURITY ALLEGATIONS

OTTAWA - NDP MPs Peter Julian (Burnaby-New Westminster) and Libby Davies
(Vancouver East) are calling on the federal government to hold a public
inquiry into the allegations that agent provocateurs were used during
Monday's protest in Montebello, Quebec.

A letter to the Minister of Public Safety, Stockwell Day was issued
earlier today.

Please see attached letter. "

-30-

-----Original Message-----
Sent: August 23, 2007 1:13 AM
To: Charlton, Chris - M.P.
Subject: Hello!

Hello, my name is ---------. I am e-mailing you because I am concerned
about a certain protest I seen.
www.youtube.com...

I do not know if you have seen it yet, but I can't stress enough that
you watch it. Please look into an investigation, because we as the
people of Canada should have a right to protest! I am outraged that I
have seen such behavior coming from the Quebec police. A plan to
sabotage this peaceful protest in order to dissolve the people by using
a provocateurs.
Please as our member of parliament I would like you to look into this. I
for one do not want to see such people at a protesting event, so please
I urge you to look into this!

So I think if many people start e-mailing their MP's in the end we should be
able to get these provocateurs ummmm. . .I bet in 2 weeks we won't even
hear about this news.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is one tiny little thing I would like to point out, that is the QPP denied that these agents provocateurs where Police. Only to state to the country and the world days later, that yes it was true this trio are Police Officers. umh I guess that makes them lairs?

1,We have government law enforcement agency caught attempting to cause a riot and possible injury by assaulting Dave Coles.

2 We have a provincial law enforcement agency lying to the very people who they are paid to serve and protect.

Heads better roll, starting with nsp. Marcel Savard of the Sûreté du Québec

If you can't trust the police who can you trust

[edit on 25/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I haven't received any reply from any of the politicians that I have emailed yet. I sent one to my local MP, the PMO, Stockwell Day, Peter MacKay. I am curious as to what the response if any from them will be. I'll post the responses if I receive any.

I posted it earlier but I'll say it again. I urge every Canadian on this board to email their MP and demand a inquiry into this. This was a blatant infringement on our Charter Freedoms and can't be let to get buried by the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Don' take lessons from the Americans, no need for the radical left/right divide to invade Canadian politics.

This is rings so very true true, thanks Gools I think this is very important.
And thank you for the information!!

Everyone that reads this post that lives there, should do as much as you can to make this known! I cant stress how important this is.

I dont have much else to add to the thread as I live in florida, But if there is anything we can do here in America to help.. Please post the links, and information where we can make our views on this just another name in a large pile of names. Like if this becomes world news.
Everyone should be aware of this.. And its not just Canada's problem.

Its honestly something that could affect any group of peaceful people. these tactics are Im sure not just a Canada police deal.. Im sure its happening, and has been going on for some time!

[edit on 25-8-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Now we can assume that the small number of troublemakers who start the violence at these things are in fact there to do just that and not necessarily "real" protesters. I wonder if that what started things at Quebec City, In Italy and in Seattle? Makes you wonder now eh?

No, I don't think we can make that assumption.
We don't have proof that all violence with protesters has been started by the police.

What this does is cast that shadow over everything.
It's now much more likely that violence has possibly been started by the police in the past.
Even that doesn't really matter.

Even if this is the first time something like this has happened, it sure as HELL should be the LAST time it happens!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
ok, so i accidently created another post regarding this - my bad.

the main thing i wanted to say was this -

The APEC Summit happens in Sydney next Friday 7 September.

**I will be there with my camera ready to bust any similar provocateurs who may be trying to incite violence. **

i will post pictures on ATS of course.

I feel it is almost a guarentee that such undercover agents will be there trying to incite riot and similar.

indeed, the modern protester must now be on the look out for police on BOTH sides of the line.

Any Sydney-siders reading this, get to the protests on Friday and be sure to gather as much evidence as possible. If this happens and our protests turn ugly - we will provide the proof and blow the lid on this disgraceful practice!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's a good thing, at least, that people (including ATSers) are starting to realize how the "authorities" are a bunch of crooks, not there to serve or defend us, but rather to serve and defend the interests of the upper class. This is the MOB, the people in power and the rich, they implanted an entire system of rules and enforcement to protect themselves against US, the people.

Who can we trust if we can't trust the Police? Well, the only people we ever had to trust was OURSELVES. That whole debacle, which just started with a video on Youtube, is the clear demonstration that collective justice is the strongest and most effective justice that can be. All we have to do is to STOP trusting the "elite", as well as their guard dogs, and organize ourselves to create a truly democratic and free society...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It's important to not throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

Just because we're seeing a case of abuse of authority, it doesn't mean that all authority is abusive.

I know cops that are just as disgusted, alarmed, and offended by all this as we ATSers are.

Most cops are good cops.
They have a very rough job and they aren't doing it for the pay. Most of them do it because they believe in it. Some, however, are in it for the power... and that's what we need to watch for.

In this case, I'm more worried about the upped levels that may be responsible for this. The SPP (Security and Prosperity) talks involve some big money and there are some very powerful corporate interests driving them.

Let's take a moment to look at that issue:

As Harper put it: "the rules for jelly bean contents are different in Canada and the United States -- they have to maintain two separate inventories"
Well, what Harper didn't say is there's a very good reason for this. Canada has higher standards for just about all products. The Productions of Jellybeans for US markets may involve substances that are not considered safe for human consumption by Canadian standard. They might be manufactured in factories with lower heath and safety standards. Whatever the case, the lower standard for US products means that they are cheaper to produce. The Corporations love *cheaper*. It means more money. The love more money. They aren't really all that concerned that red dye number fourbijillion might cause birth defects. If it's cheaper, they want to use it.

So this isn't a silly little issue. This is about maintaining standards to protect people in the face of Corporate Greed.

This is part of why people are protesting.

Now, who's interests are served by causing violence that results in protests being silenced?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
cops for real the spray paint marks on them is to identify them to other cops and no way on earth would a cop not arrest you at a protest the second he/she saw you holding a rock infact before the arrest it would of been a WACK round the head with a baton

this stinks

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
They whack protesters that is holding anything that could be used as a weapon, especially recording devices for some reason...

[edit on 26-9-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) Freedom of association.

So when police are blatantly disregarding our constitutional rights, what comes next?

Worst is, it’s not like the cops will stop doing this crap. They will probably hire agents provocateurs from private firms from now on, so that they can deny it.

CNN was predicting that the Myanmar government would probably use agents provocateurs to bring down their ongoing peaceful assembly… seems to be SOP for government. (democratic or not)

I really hope Mr. Coles presses charges. Police should refuse orders that go against our Constitution. Seems like they have a “us vs. them” mentality, not realizing that by diluting our freedom, they are also diluting their own.

The spin on this should be pretty obvious to anyone who bothers watching the Youtube video. Especially...

The thing that was interesting in this particular incident, three people in question were spotted by protesters because were not engaging in violence,

Was he simply taking his pet rock for a walk?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) Freedom of association.

So when police are blatantly disregarding our constitutional rights, what comes next?

Worst is, it’s not like the cops will stop doing this crap. They will probably hire agents provocateurs from private firms from now on, so that they can deny it.

CNN was predicting that the Myanmar government would probably use agents provocateurs to bring down their ongoing peaceful assembly… seems to be SOP for government. (democratic or not)

I really hope Mr. Coles presses charges. Police should refuse orders that go against our Constitution. Seems like they have a “us vs. them” mentality, not realizing that by diluting our freedom, they are also diluting their own.

The spin on this should be pretty obvious to anyone who bothers watching the Youtube video. Especially...

The thing that was interesting in this particular incident, three people in question were spotted by protesters because were not engaging in violence,

Was he simply taking his pet rock for a walk?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is an established procedure to place these scum pigs into crowds to incite violence and disrupt the intentions of the marchers, thus ruining their image as well as destroying their ability to exercise their Rights to protest in public.

The cop filth were there exactly for one reason: To throw rocks at their comrades and incite a riot and then quickly disappear away and join their felow pigs in bashing heads for fun. What a way to make a living, eh!?

They get paid for this!! This has been going on forever: Give the cops an excuse to break up a peaceful demonstration and placate the big shots in the corporations who spread the grease money around at election time.

Of COURSE they were taken away with minimal force and let go around the corner as they all laughed and talked about what a shame it was that they were only outed before they were able to engender violence...they enjoy the beating of civilians and to torture people, the sick freaks..and they laugh and get a real kick out of injured and abused protestors..they feel that the government is doing everything just perfectly and no one should complain about anything..

I too fear being banned from here if I express my true feelings about cops and their scummy crimes against the people...so I will close with this:

If the opportunity ever presents itself where you are able to extract justice from one of these foul scum, do not hesitate. I will leave the parameters of that up to you. Cops are the enemy!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join