It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the Big bang.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
God is such a lazy answer to everything.

Deep

Its not a lazy answer.

It is what I and some other people believe.

Your big bang is a very stupid far reaching idea.

Just made for the people who want to believe in anything but God.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Think of the big bang as a big nuclear implosion. The universe was somewhat like it is now then all the stars started to collapse and create black holes which eventually lead to everything being suck together and compressing by its own gravitational force then once it got to the point where it could not compress anymore it just blew up and everthing scattered thus creating the universe as we know it now. In like a trillion years or longer this will probably happen again and the whole cycle will start over. This is just my theory on what the Big Bang is and of course I will never be able to find out whether I'm right or not but it seems like a very logical explaination to me because of the facts that we do know.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Russian, tell me what this sounds like.

For countless ages there was utter darkness;
No earth, no sky, only God's will.
No day, no night, neither the Moon nor the Sun.
He sat in trance in the void.
There was no eating, no speaking.
There was no water, no air,
No creation, no destruction,
No coming, no going,
There were no planets, no underworld,
None of the seven seas
With rivers flowing into them.
There were no planes: higher, middle or lower,
Neither hell nor heaven, nor any hour of death,
No suffering, no bliss,
No birth, no death,
No entry, no exit.
There was no Brahma, no Vishnu, no Shiva.
With His order, the world was created.
It is maintained without any support.
He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
He created also the love of Maya.
Only a few are blessed with His Word.
He watches and rules over all.
He brought about the planets, the hemisphere
And the underworld.
And became Himself manifest.
It is the True Guru alone who imparts this
Understanding.
Says Nanak those who are truthful live in
Eternal bliss.
They are blessed with recitation of God's Name.
MARU (1035)

Deep

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Russian, tell me what this sounds like.

For countless ages there was utter darkness;
No earth, no sky, only God's will.
No day, no night, neither the Moon nor the Sun.
He sat in trance in the void.
There was no eating, no speaking.
There was no water, no air,
No creation, no destruction,
No coming, no going,
There were no planets, no underworld,
None of the seven seas
With rivers flowing into them.
There were no planes: higher, middle or lower,
Neither hell nor heaven, nor any hour of death,
No suffering, no bliss,
No birth, no death,
No entry, no exit.
There was no Brahma, no Vishnu, no Shiva.
With His order, the world was created.
It is maintained without any support.
He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
He created also the love of Maya.
Only a few are blessed with His Word.
He watches and rules over all.
He brought about the planets, the hemisphere
And the underworld.
And became Himself manifest.
It is the True Guru alone who imparts this
Understanding.
Says Nanak those who are truthful live in
Eternal bliss.
They are blessed with recitation of God's Name.
MARU (1035)

Deep

what's that from?

Originally posted by JBenoit
Think of the big bang as a big nuclear implosion. The universe was somewhat like it is now then all the stars started to collapse and create black holes which eventually lead to everything being suck together and compressing by its own gravitational force then once it got to the point where it could not compress anymore it just blew up and everthing scattered thus creating the universe as we know it now. In like a trillion years or longer this will probably happen again and the whole cycle will start over. This is just my theory on what the Big Bang is and of course I will never be able to find out whether I'm right or not but it seems like a very logical explaination to me because of the facts that we do know.

this theory is common among those who believ in the big bang, but assuming this is true, how do you think it alll started?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

In like a trillion years or longer this will probably happen again and the whole cycle will start over.

i believe cycles are the key to everything and how everything acts, thus negating a beginning and an end as such...it's not a bulletproof theory, just an inkling.

as regards to god...sorry but it's 2004 and we still believe in such fiction. of course there is alot we have yet to fathom but the god idea is very juvenile and close minded in my opinion. flame aaaaall you like.

in terms of the universe...i've not heard this being discussed with any great vigor on here but what about the theory that the universe is simply matter that makes up a larger universe? i wouldn't say i necessarily sign up to that theory, it's just i havent seen much of it on these forums.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
but how can there be a cycle without a beginning? how did the cycle become what it is?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
but how can there be a cycle without a beginning? how did the cycle become what it is?

Good question.

Where is the beginning?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me what existed before the "big bang"?

Was it just complete nothingness?

By the way, I believe that the Earth is our "god" or the "higher power" that people believe in but aren't quite sure what it is. The proverbial "God" that people learn about in church was a bedtime story that parents told their kids so that they could have something to believe in.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

but how can there be a cycle without a beginning? how did the cycle become what it is

yes, that is a good question to which i dont have the answer...i'm just throwing it into the discussion for people to conceptually think about. i just think that maybe a 'beginning' wasnt so clear cut as to a big bang.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virgo
Can someone explain to me what existed before the "big bang"?

Was it just complete nothingness?

As far as we know, there is no 'before the big bang'. Not even nothing. And if there is, we will never find out.

Frequently Asked Questions in Cosmology

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Before the big bang.

Actually this article, doubting that anyone read it!!!!!!!
explains it.

Also, that was written by the first Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji around 1470's.

Deep

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think that Russian has more of a perspective of knowing on the religious side. This Dum Du Dum Dum Dummmmmmm thing is not worth it either. Everyone has their own beliefs, and this is how the world has been and will continue to be, there is no way to force a religion or belief on someone who already believes something else.

If one person thinks it was the "Big Bang" and the other one thinks it was God. Then that dosen't mean there has to be this great big huge event or debateover it. Basically what you'd be doing is forcing beliefs on each other. It's not worth it.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

read this:
link

nice unbiased link.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Fewer topics will stir emotions such as evolution vs creation. I remember in high school in biology class evolution and the big bang theory was taught as if it was fact. I was the only one who disputed that infact it was just a theory and that no one really knew where we came from.

I don't doubt the possibility that we were created by natural selection. But I personally believe in a God that governs the universe. Evolution has been used by man as an excuse to rule God out.

There are christian evolutionists so don't give us that "excuse to get rid of god" crap

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yep. my biology teacher in high school was a christian evolutionist. she said she believed in most of the bible, but that the sudden huge leap in the appearance of new lifeforms couldn't be disreguarded. she told us she believed god saw somthing going wrong and decided to give everything a boost.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
O.K I avent read the whole post but there is proof for the big bang. First of all everything in the universe is moving apart galazies and co I eman not verything but woteva. SO they must have come form somewhere to give them this.
Also al round the universe there is a backgorund radiation that can only have come from some huge explosion and no its the USA testing one big A bomb all thorught the universe

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
like what if our universe was just a speck of dust on the head of a pin in another world ? (think donald sutherland in animal house)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wot if our world is like some sort of reality show or computer simulation from some 'higher race.'
Well it amkes more sense than a lot of the bible.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There was something before the big bang,well that's what the M Theory says.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
YOu all know we can never really know what was before the big bang unless we could travel in time which is completly impossible, no I dont want to get int a debate about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join