It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the Big bang.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.discover.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Catholic Church, which put Galileo under house arrest for daring to say that Earth orbits the sun, isn�t known for easily accepting new scientific ideas. So it came as a surprise when Pope Pius XII declared his approval in 1951 of a brand new cosmological theory�the Big Bang. What entranced the pope was the very thing that initially made scientists wary: The theory says the universe had a beginning, and that both time and space leaped out of nothingness. It seemed to confirm the first few sentences of Genesis.

Eventually, astrophysicists followed the pope�s lead, as evidence for the Big Bang became too powerful to ignore. They accepted the notion that the entire observable universe�100 billion galaxies, each stuffed with 100 billion stars, stretching out more than 10 billion light-years in all directions�was once squashed into a space far smaller than a single electron. They bought the idea that the cosmos burst into existence precisely 13.7 billion years ago and has been expanding ever since. But even now, many astrophysicists are still uncomfortable with the implication that the Big Bang marked the beginning of time itself. And the theory has yet to yield a satisfactory answer to a key question: What made the Big Bang go bang?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very interesting. I picked up the magazine after fighting off 2 geologists and an astro physicist.

But low and behold. I have read through some of it, and seemed very catchy?

What do you all think?

Deep

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ok I will tell you what I think about the Big Bang theary.

I think it is just BS.

It cant be proven.

Also if the big bang happen.

Where did the life come from?

Sorry but this 'scintific'(spelling) explenation about the start of the universe and evolution I just dont believe.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So, what do you believe then russian?

That "GOD" Dummmmm da dummm dum dummmmmmmm.

Created the Universe?

Deep

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
So, what do you believe then russian?

That "GOD" Dummmmm da dummm dum dummmmmmmm.

Created the Universe?

Deep

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by ZeroDeep]

Sure.

Atleast its easier to believe.

But I will tell you what.

If you can prove your theary to me then I will believe in your theary.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My theory?

I just thought it was an interesting "theory" note theory, not proven.

Also note, that the "big bang" though a mutualy excepted universality is still just a "theory"

Also note, "GOD" is the untangible. Not proven, also just a "theory"

Deep

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
My theory?

I just thought it was an interesting "theory" note theory, not proven.

Also note, that the "big bang" though a mutualy excepted universality is still just a "theory"

Also note, "GOD" is the untangible. Not proven, also just a "theory"

Deep

O sorry for calling that your theary.

But what do you believe made all of this?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Today all empiric evidence points to the fact that our universe indeed was created with a "big bang". Physics can not be applied to describe what existed before the point of creation, if at all, so there really is no way of telling how and why "big bang" occured, however there are speculation on a quantum physics level. I believe you can find such speculations in plenty of popular science magazines as well as on the web.

Russian: "Also if the big bang happen. Where did the life come from?"

Do you mean life from a religious point of view, Russian? If not, I really don't understand your question in relation to big bang? Life did evidently evolve under conditions present in our universe, and right now there really is no other theory than the big bang.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Im not sure,

I consider myself and agnostic more or less. Im sure thier is a scientific explanation for everything.

I believe science to be religion in its absolute, and vice versa.

Man is a curious little creature, always wondering how the world goes round.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
EyesOfTheFuture, so where did life come from?

Lighting struck the earth and POOF here comes a microorganism!

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
EyesOfTheFuture, so where did life come from?

Lighting struck the earth and POOF here comes a microorganism!

Out,
Russian

Nope, Russian. Personally I am willing to believe some form of creation process. I believe the universe was created - with a "big bang". If you want to call this "power" from which all life origins God - then it's fine with me.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
according to theory, initial life (at least on earth) was produced by some combination gases, and it is widely believed that electricity, whether from a lightning bolt or not, was a part. neither the big bang theory, or any theory of any religion can be proven. feel free to prove that wrong.

i find it easier to believe that a lightning bolt created life than some unseen, unknown, and unproven force that created and runs everything, while there is no proof of it's existense

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
according to theory, initial life (at least on earth) was produced by some combination gases, and it is widely believed that electricity, whether from a lightning bolt or not, was a part. neither the big bang theory, or any theory of any religion can be proven. feel free to prove that wrong.

i find it easier to believe that a lightning bolt created life than some unseen, unknown, and unproven force that created and runs everything, while there is no proof of it's existense

If this is easier for you to believe then more power to you.

But I think its easier to belief in the Gods way.

And it is simpiler.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by dunkleskates

If this is easier for you to believe then more power to you.

But I think its easier to belief in the Gods way.

And it is simpiler.

Out,
Russian

simpler? an all powerful being who created every living creature, force of nature, star, planet, and galaxy in this universe in 6 days is simpler than an electric reaction with various chemicals from a lightning bolt, (which can be proven to exist)slowly reproducing and evolving over billions of years?

read this:
link

"Try as he might, however, Miller is fighting a lost cause. Robert Jastrow pointed out over twenty-five years ago: �According to this story, every tree, every blade of grass, and every creature in the sea and on the land evolved out of one parent strand of molecular matter drifting lazily in a warm pool. What concrete evidence supports that remarkable theory of the origin of life? There is none� (1977, p. 60, emp. added). And this truth has not changed. As Klaus Dose so aptly pointed out:

More than 30 years of experimentation on the origin of life in the fields of chemical and molecular evolution have led to a better perception of the immensity of the problem of the origin of life on Earth rather than to its solution. At present all discussions on principal theories and experiments in the field either end in stalemate or in a confession of ignorance (1988, 13[4]:348).

Life has always come from other life, and nonliving material has never given rise to living material. In fact, scientists recognize a biological law�the Law of Biogenesis�which states this very fact."

30 years of research couldn't prove this theory right.

how long has the bible been studied? and they have no more proof of divine creation.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The only possibility that I have heard for what caused the Big Bang is that somehow an unusually large quantum fluctuation took place that managed to last long enough to somehow create the four forces and all the matter in the universe. I don't yet by into this though. I understand how you can have quantum fluctuations and virtual particles occur in space or vaccuums now, but I still don't understand how that can occur in a true, total void, which would what you would have "before" the Big Bang.

EDIT: FIXED

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by ConspiracyTheory]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTheory
The only possibility that I have heard for what caused the Big Band is that somehow an unusually large quantum fluctuation [snip]

Big Band? Are u referring to the String Theory?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Fewer topics will stir emotions such as evolution vs creation. I remember in high school in biology class evolution and the big bang theory was taught as if it was fact. I was the only one who disputed that infact it was just a theory and that no one really knew where we came from.

I don't doubt the possibility that we were created by natural selection. But I personally believe in a God that governs the universe. Evolution has been used by man as an excuse to rule God out.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
god has been used by man as an excuse to control the minds and actions of men

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There is no 'before the Big Bang'. Time started at that moment. A theory about what was before the Big Bang isn't a good theory, because it isn't falsifiable.

The Big Bang is the best cosmological theory at the moment. It has been tested a lot and has a lot of evidence supporting it: here. The best are the CMBR (cosmic microwave background radiation) and the Deuterium, He3, He4 and Li7 abundances. How do people that say the Big Bang is an unproven theory react to this evidence?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
they say. "i need no proof, because i know that god created everything."

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
God is such a lazy answer to everything.

Deep

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join