It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? Current Shuttle mission spacewalk picture..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

i do make up my own mind, thanks for asking and for your concern.
but do i believe john lear is telling what he believes to be the truth? yes on all accounts, guilty.
from his expeerience in the field and taking into account all the people he has had dealings with, i believe he jnows more than your averag ATS membe...such as yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm with my girl on this one. I don't really think our government is going to spend billions just to have someone sit there and grow pretty plants in the ISS. Its a cover for something I'm sure. We the U.S. probably have our own space station for more interesting purposes. What is in the picture I don't know. It could be a defense sat that can be maneuvered out of the way if need be.

link   
reply to post by wildone106

With a little bit of enhancement it looks like it may be part of the station.

A boom of some sort is just visible extending towards the object.

link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
reply to post by SportyMB

yes, it has been photographed from Earth.

Have you a link to that photo?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes i would also love to see the picture you are talking about it would clear a lot of things up for me.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Same here.
I am also interested in seeing that photograph.

Could you possibly post it or show us where it is?

Thank you darkheartrising

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The original photo that started this thread is so clear and perfect
that it almost looks, well.. too clear and perfect. Amazing shot!
I wonder who took it?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
yes, i'm serious
yes, i believe what john lear says.
yes, it has been photographed from Earth.

So why do you believe the object in the picture is another space station? Thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nothing of importance to add, Sir.

[edit on 20/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

here is a quick link to get you started:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also, do an ATS search for John Leonard, you will see some amazing pictures of objects orbiting earth.

ciao

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion please don't post.

Enough with the jokes and one line "I'm in agreement" posts.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Now thats out of the way...

That is a very intersting picture of something out there, or so I thought until the ohter picture was posted, stating that it might be something connected to the Space Station, now I'm not sure.

It does appear that there is some type of distortion which could be something coming from the SS, and these "lights" or whatever it is, is attached to it.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Could it possibly be a 'shadow', lens artifact, or reflection of the white 'can-like' object at the end of the bottom boom?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I saw this too, but it strikes me as odd that other objects in shadow have some reflected light in them from the earth most likely, surely if this was some kind of boom extending off that small module it would also have some abient reflected light? I cant see any pure black regions on either photo which might suggest such dark shadows at this particular moment..I could be wrong but Im not seeing it anywhere else on the station.

If someone could find a schematic of this module, it would show conclusively if there was a boom attached to it? Im looking for it now too..

Originally posted by torsion
um/thread298003/pg1#pid3440754]post by wildone106[/url]

With a little bit of enhancement it looks like it may be part of the station.

A boom of some sort is just visible extending towards the object.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well, there has to be a logical explanation to that object. I'd say it is most likey the hubble space telescope or a satelitte. Considering you're far in the negative on your ATS points, I think your yanking our cahin here.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No Im not yanking anyone's chain, I saw this whilst browing the images and thought it was a legitimate object of interest.
I honestly dont know even know what the "ATS" points do other than I have negative one's, I thought this was something of interest.

It seems very odd that every other part of the structure is blasted by sunlight, and even the shadows aren't pure black..so Im doubting there is some mysterious boom that doesn't absorb light. But Im looking for
evidence to the contrary.

If you can prove its the hubble or a satellite then please do so?

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX

Well, there has to be a logical explanation to that object. I'd say it is most likey the hubble space telescope or a satelitte. Considering you're far in the negative on your ATS points, I think your yanking our cahin here.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For some reason I get the impression that the object has some kind of thruster system on it - based on what I can see in the picture.

So, in my book, that means it could be one of a couple of things...

1 - Another space station
2 - A piece of space junk - discarded rockets?
3 - A craft of some sort n(ours or theirs)
4 - A moveable satellite (if such a thing exists)

They're my suggestions.

I really don't see how it could be part of the ISS.

I'm just waiting for John Lear to pop up on this thread and give us some of his ideas about it. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It really could be anything (lens artifact, space junk, etc) I believe it could be a very small piece of space junk but in space things can be highly reflective, the light may be reflecting into the camera a bit making it larger than it appears.

I am sure it was not big enough to pose a threat to the mission, otherwise it would have been on CNN just like the last piece of space junk that was orbiting too close to the shuttle.

Or, hee hee, it could be a super-secret space station that took billions of dollars and thousands of people to build and maintain, yet none have really come forward and blabbed about it yet. Nor has any of the 500-1000 contractors that supply parts for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well its not highly reflective really, just giving us a hint its there..but its not like most space junk pictures I've seen where its brilliantly reflective.

I like what you said about a super secret space station..while I doubt thats what it is (as if) in the realm of UFO's there have been many credible people who come forward..but its people like you that laugh them off as 'coooks' when they do say something. Disclosure project had quite a few blabbers..just cant win can we? Anyway back on 'topic'...

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It really could be anything (lens artifact, space junk, etc) I believe it could be a very small piece of space junk but in space things can be highly reflective, the light may be reflecting into the camera a bit making it larger than it appears.

I am sure it was not big enough to pose a threat to the mission, otherwise it would have been on CNN just like the last piece of space junk that was orbiting too close to the shuttle.

Or, hee hee, it could be a super-secret space station that took billions of dollars and thousands of people to build and maintain, yet none have really come forward and blabbed about it yet. Nor has any of the 500-1000 contractors that supply parts for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Very good work, torsion. Also, excellent work to wildone106 for bringing it to our attention. Good team work!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks, still waiting on conclusive proof that it IS part of the station
I hav'nt found any schematic detailed enough yet of this structure..maybe in other photo's it shows the white pod from a different angle. I cant do it right now from work sorry.

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by torsion

Very good work, torsion. Also, excellent work to wildone106 for bringing it to our attention. Good team work!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join