It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? Current Shuttle mission spacewalk picture..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
while i'm with darkheartrising on that there is a secret space station. i dont think that, that is what is shown in the picture, that would have surely gotten photoshopped imo.

it does appear that the lights or whatever they are have an underside, this is visible in the OP's second link that shows another pic of it.

so with that said i am going to rule out spacejunk.

if i recall correctly, the Endeavor crew mentioned that "…the spacecraft was the size of a small city..."

so being as that what ever the object it is, it is probably rather large, especially since the object is visible from a presumably expansive distance away.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
I saw this too, but it strikes me as odd that other objects in shadow have some reflected light in them from the earth most likely, surely if this was some kind of boom extending off that small module it would also have some abient reflected light? I cant see any pure black regions on either photo which might suggest such dark shadows at this particular moment..I could be wrong but Im not seeing it anywhere else on the station.

If you look carefully at torsion's shots you can see shadow on the left side. It's clear that the shadowing is a result of angle, and the angle of the heavily shadowed right side is consisitent with the shadow on the left side at the top of that brightly lit section. It could be that the IST is casting a shadow on the object of interest and that those four bright points are dim lights. Even your enhanced embossed image shows an extension toward the object of interest.

You both did great work. I think the mystery is solved. Though another shot of the IST that confirms the structure in question would be good.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think its definitely a possability, although no other part of the ISS is showing such extreme black shadows, I know what your getting at..but I wont be completely happy until I see either another shot of this pod (with boom) or a diagram showing me such. Just due to the shadows issue with the rest of the structure there is ALOT of reflective light coming from the earth..and none of it is hitting this boom? Hmm I need more..

If you look carefull at torsion's shots you can see shadow on the left side. It's clear that the shadowing is a result of angle, and the angle of the heavily shadowed right side is consisitent with the shadow on the left side at the top of that brightly lit section. It could be that the IST is casting a shadow on the object of interest and that those four bright points are dim lights. Even your enhanced embossed image shows an extension toward the object of interest.

You both did great work. I think the mystery is solved.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wild one i find that odd as well. if the (pod?) at the end is lit up then why isnt the (boom?) itself lit up. now whatever may be at the end of the boom may be highly reflective, whereas the boom itself might not be. but the distance that the boom extends is pretty far, imo.

so if the anomaly is part of the ISS itself then what is the pod area used for? and why would it need to be so far away?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Just due to the shadows issue with the rest of the structure there is ALOT of reflective light coming from the earth..and none of it is hitting this boom? Hmm I need more..

I think that section is reflecting earthshine, it's just that the reflective side is away from us. There's the sunlight that we see that's lighting up most of the IST and then there's earthshine, much of it we don't see, being reflected on other portions of the IST that are facing towards Earth.

But you're right, more evidence would be good.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
wild one i find that odd as well. if the (pod?) at the end is lit up then why isnt the (boom?) itself lit up. now whatever may be at the end of the boom may be highly reflective, whereas the boom itself might not be. but the distance that the boom extends is pretty far, imo.

Well, there is that pod which is seems to be a light facing more or less towards the camera that took the photo. You can see the bulb behind the glass and wire mesh in wildone106's enhanced image. That which appears to be a bulb may also be a reflection of the sun, I guess. Not sure about that. Whatever it is it's obviously full of light. Then when you take a look at torsion's enhanced photos the distance that you speak of appears to be corrected to show that it's not as far away from the ITS as previously thought. The boom or extension is seen as being behind the obviously lit pod mentioned earlier. And the angle of the boom is consistent with the more brightly lit section that's to the left of the pod. You will also notice that the shadowing begins just to the left and behind the pod and continues on the boom at the right of the pod. All of the shadowing in that area that is located behind, to the left and right of the pod is consistent. In torsion's photos the boom does actually appear to be getting some light, although very little, which is why we can see it.

My uneducated guess is that we are looking at, at least, a camera. It looks like a CCTV camera. The camera would be on the left side of the brightly lit pod. That pod that we speak of which is aimed at the ITS looks like a spotlight which would aid the camera on the left when filming or taking photos of the shadowed or dimily lit side of the ITS that's facing away from us, but which is facing more or less towards Earth. I, of course, could be wrong about this bit of speculation. I can't think of what the mysterious boom like section could be, but it seems to be attached to the camera-looking device on the left side of the pod that I think is a spotlight. Just having a bit of fun speculating here.

link   
I havent a clue as to what that may be, but a good find on your part. Most would have missed that.

agent violet is that you in your avatar? Gorgeous!

link   
Ok check this out..I found lots of other angle's of this white pod and guess what? There's nothing coming off it:

img338.imageshack.us...
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

I think this proves there's nothing coming 'off' the pod which is causing this, at least we know that for sure

I think that section is reflecting earthshine, it's just that the reflective side is away from us. There's the sunlight that we see that's lighting up most of the IST and then there's earthshine, much of it we don't see, being reflected on other portions of the IST that are facing towards Earth.

But you're right, more evidence would be good.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
With a little bit of enhancement it looks like it may be part of the station.

A boom of some sort is just visible extending towards the object.

Good job there torsion.

Its really a part of the equipment. I did levels and outlined the part in darkness which is now barely visible.

Some more lights show up after this, such as on top left:

Aligning the two pictures gives an exact match. If it were a distant object, it would have shifted/turned or would have shown parallax.

Having shown this, I personally believe that there is more up there which is never made public. More space stations, satellites, shuttles and what not. But not this, you are never ever going to get even a hint, they don't make such mistakes.

[edit on 20/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think this proves there's nothing coming 'off' the pod which is causing this, at least we know that for sure

It looks like you have two sides of the IST mixed up. Looks like you have shots of the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" that I've identified with another "camera-iPod-light-thingy" that's on the bottom of the IST relative to the position of the astronauts on during their spacewalk. The one on top that we're referring to is refereced by the silver folding array, and not the solar panels that that are referencing the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" on the bottom of the IST. We need photos that highlight the"camera-iPod-light-thingy" that's referenced by the silver folding array.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I really doubt both pods are different, if thats the case? But I dont think it is..unless you know its a fact. I'd like to see some pictures. Given from what I can see the camera in all pictures looks exactly the same..I have to conclude its the same camera, again if you have pictures showing different Im up for it, but otherwise this mysterious boom does'nt exist.
The pictures are right there..here we go..this is gonna get very long and drawn out!

Either you have pictures of this other camera pod with 'boom', or you have been to the ISS, otherwise I dont see how you can KNOW. I dont mean to sound rude here but If you truly know I'd be happy to concede your point with something to back it up. I provided my images so lets see what ya got

p.s. yea I can see there are TWO camera pods..but its most likely a clone of the other, why would it be different?

Originally posted by Areal51

It looks like you have two sides of the IST mixed up. Looks like you have shots of the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" that I've identified with another "camera-iPod-light-thingy" that's on the bottom of the IST relative to the position of the astronauts on during their spacewalk. The one on top that we're referring to is refereced by the silver folding array, and not the solar panels that that are referencing the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" on the bottom of the IST. We need photos that highlight the"camera-iPod-light-thingy" that's referenced by the silver folding array.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well actually it seems that either the astronauts are twisting about and screwing with our perceptions, or there isn't a photo which fully captures everything in a single frame. Any way, again, what we need is a photo that references the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" to the silver folding array, no matter what side of the IST it occurs on. If there are silver arrays on the top and the bottom of the IST, then we need to see photos of those in order to conclude that the mystery object is not a part of the IST.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Feel free to browse the gallery I gave a link too

I cant see why one camera would need some kinda special thingy to operate..it has a light, a camera..seems to fulfill its function yes? Its not lookin good at this point that there is anything else attached to it..I could be wrong but Im betting 95% on the evidence so far. I WANNA KNOW (really!)

Well actually it seems that either the astronauts are twisting about and screwing with our perceptions, or there isn't a photo which fully captures everything in a single frame. Any way, again, what we need is a photo that references the "camera-iPod-light-thingy" to the silver folding array, no matter what side of the IST it occurs on. If there are silver arrays on the top and the bottom of the IST we need to see those in order to conclude that the mystery object is not a part of the IST.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I was wrong. I didn't actually pay attention to the fact that the photo was taken WHILE they were at the space station. I apologize.

The more I look at it, the more I just see a regular, old satellite.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's yet more..how many pictures of this thing will it take to convince..there is NO BOOM!

spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

spaceflight1.nasa.gov...
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Astronaut actually ATTACHING it!
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Here's a nice wide shot, the 2 camera's on the left hand side of the image-no boom:
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Here's the opposite side which has only 1 camera, the other structure on the opposite side..I dunno..some kind of Antenna but it never appears to have a camera on it:
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Seems all 3 station camera's are IDENTICAL..if you can show me evidence otherwise then post it, otherwise the 'boom' theory is dead

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Holy cow, caught a couple of hours sleep and the world changes! LOL. Thanks to the folks who did the photo enhancement. I'm going through my archives (that will take a while) to try and find a matching piece of ISS hardware.

I do not recognize it as ISS hardware at this point but I am intrigued for sure. There are a number of lamp and camera stanchions at various points on ISS and most look the same as the one in the first photo wild' has posted.

The "boom" brought out by torsion's work - I have never seen before, but hey, learn something new every day. If I run across a match for the "whatever" I will be sure and post on this thread.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
On this photo you can clearly see that there is an extension/boom to the "camera-iPod-light-thingy". It's at the bottom of the photo just left and outside of the shadow that Endeavour's casting on the ITS. Not sure if it's the same one with respect to this thread, though. However, it could be because there is the reference of the mechanical arm in that vicinity in both the wildone106's original photo and the one linked here.

s118e09435.jpg

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
NICE..!!

Although I think its a different part of the ISS entirely? From all the other photo's that DO show the 2 camera's in the original photo's I hav'nt seen that structure on any of them..

On this photo you can clearly see that there is an extension/boom to the "camera-iPod-light-thingy". It's at the bottom of the photo just left and outside of the shadow that Endeavour's casting on the ITS. Not sure if it's the same one with respect to this thread, though.

s118e09435.jpg

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wildone106

However, it could be because there is the reference of the mechanical arm in that vicinity in both the wildone106's original photo and the one I linked to in my previous post.

(Edited that one with the same comment, btw.)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well whatever that is, its not anywhere near the original picture location..I was trying to find more shots of this other end just for clarity but have'nt found a good one yet. Anyway gotta get back to work..keep looking!

reply to post by wildone106

However, it could be because there is the reference of the mechanical arm in that vicinity in both the wildone106's original photo and the one I linked to in my previous post.

(Edited that one with the same comment, btw.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join