It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? Current Shuttle mission spacewalk picture..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey, wildone106, here's a photo that seems to be sequentially earlier than the one you opened the thread with. Going by the title of the photos it seems as if it were taken some moments earlier to the one that you posted. And you can see that the astronauts are in different positions. What's intriguing about this photo is that the mysterious object is also in a different position! BUT - and a big but it is - The iPod light is also positoned differently, and that may account for the difference. However, the boom shadow remains in the same position and it is not consistent with the position of the itty bitty little lights!!! Soooooooooooo ... Have a look at these: I'm not sure what this all means. I have to go. I'll be back after midnight. Happy vetting!

The original: s118e07997.jpg

My enhanced embossed version:

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The S-Band Antenna Sub-Assembly

This is my contribution. The S-Band Antenna Sub-Assembly is
the subject of this discussion. The photos by NASA were taken
during the August 15, 2007 spacewalk.

This is a photo taken that day of the the S-Band Antenna from
other angle. As you can see there is no boom or any extension
as suggested. Therefore the mystery is solved.

In my opinion the four objects in the photo are ufos. There are more
photos in the sequence, actually five in different angles and all of
them show the four ufos in formation.

The disconcert was produced by increasing the brightness contrast
to the image producing what's known in optic and photography as
light reflection. To apply brightness enhancement to a photo not
always produce the desired effect resulting in creating an illusion
that confuse some people.

In this example see how the four round real lights are perfectly
duplicated in the same pattern when increasing brightness in a
wrong proccedure creating a clone of the original source. The
upper light reflection is also an artifact created during the wrong
enhancement.

My personal conclusion is that the set of photographs posted by
NASA show a real ufo formation on the background. We may
wonder why NASA did not brushed these photos to hide the
four ufos ? They must be very busy but lucky for us.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Perhaps the photo was released to let some of our "allies" know that we see what they have put in orbit.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
nice find wildone.
best thing to do is copy a version of this to your desktop and keep in archived just in case sometime the spooks might want to retouch and re-post the image in question.

i appreciate your keen eye, this is a great find.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Check out Jose Ecscamilla's Interstellar movie, or at least the trailer. Whatever these things are, he's filmed a ton of them.

[edit on 8/20/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Interesting but I think we're just seeing photographic artifacts. Take a look...

We have a bright light source here. Bright enough to cause flaring as free_spirit points out. What I notice when examining the two anomalous photos is that, in both photos, the alignment of the "ufos" matches the alignment of the "can" containing the light source. I indicate this with the green lines. To my mind, this ties the anomaly to the ISS.

Also, I believe the grate covering the "cans" plays a role. I think this grate is responsible for splitting the artifact into four parts as it blocks the light.

That's my $.02 on this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In my opinion the four objects in the photo are ufos.

yes you beat me to the punch...i belive that they are just watching and
NASA just dose there work anyways. if you watch Buzz Aldrin on
Apollo 11 ...that's true.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If that is you in the pic I am sorry to disappoint people like you but you shouldn't take 100% people's beliefs.

Truth is arbitrary. You should make up your own mind. Never take 100% other people's 'truth' as your own 'truth'. That is very dangerous.

I do belief something is fishy going on with NASA but to take Lear's opinions as fact is dangerous.

As to the OP. There is different explanations.

1. Space junk
2. Ice crystals (I know, I can't resist in being NASA's shill)
3. Other satellites
4. Space organism or critters
5. Alien spacecraft
6. Human spacecraft
7. Unexplained outer space natural phenomena

And to everyone with 100% belief even any one of this. The photo is just dots people.

DOTS.

D... O... T... S....

Dots dots dots.

How can you people be 100% sure it's one of this things. Have you been up there? I think not.

I want to believe it's a UFO or a NASA-cover-DOD-classified-ultra-secret-compartmentalized-"OOOOOOO!"-hush-hush
Secret Space Station. But NO ONE HAS DEFINITE PROOF.

By the way I'm tired of looking at DOTS for evidence. How about replacing the UFO abbreviation with DOT. It seems like a good idea since everybit of this 'earth shaking evidence' are just that.

"Wow. A DOT. This is truly earth shaking phenomena. A DOT! Marvelous DOTs!More dots! We are being visited by DOTs! I am truly awed by these DOTs!Even more DOTs! Wow DOTs! Dudeee! DOTs! I am a believer of DOTs!

[edit on 20-8-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think IAttackPeople is correct on this one. The dots look like a flare artifact as a result of the extremely bright glare to the left. I'm not sure what kind of camera they used, however each set of dots represent reflection on a layer of glass in the lens. The brightest dots could be a glare on the outer glass, and the dimmer set of dots could be glare recorded from an inner peice of glass within the lens. And given that the angle of the dots matches the source confirms this, in my opinion.

[edit on 20/8/07 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
hey thats a good pic

photos of alleged ufo's from space are usually the best, or at least my favorite

torsion and RSB did a pretty good job with their research but i'm not 100% convinced that this is an object attached to the ISS by a boom

looks to far off in the distance and i don't see what the purpose of something coming off the ISS like that would be. unless what i think is small is actually a lot bigger and you could walk through the boom into the object that is in question

anyways, good work wildone and good work torsion and RSB

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why, in the hi-res picture, is it that we can see,
a) the Earth,
b)the space station and
c) the anomoly?
Why can't we see the other so called space junk, debris, ice clumps, stars etc??

This just seems mighty funny to me!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Reflection look at the lines connecting it to the light on the boom

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that IAttackPeople is exactly correct - the correlation between the angle of the light reflection and the lens flare artifact is exactly what you'd expect. There is no UFO in these images, IMO.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but at the bottom of this other picture: s118e08022.jpg you can see the mysterious lights again (a little brighter) and if you zoom in on them, you can clearly see some kind of dimmed halo around them. Now, the important part: This halo is exactly at the same angle and shape as the outer edge of the spotlight on the left which to me clearly proves that this is just some weird light reflection caught by the camera as mentioned in some of the previous posts.

Barbadel

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

Excellent pull, Barbadel. That photo has artifacts all over the place. Enough to put this mystery in the "solved" column.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Interesting but I think we're just seeing photographic artifacts. Take a look...

We have a bright light source here. Bright enough to cause flaring as free_spirit points out. What I notice when examining the two anomalous photos is that, in both photos, the alignment of the "ufos" matches the alignment of the "can" containing the light source. I indicate this with the green lines. To my mind, this ties the anomaly to the ISS.

Also, I believe the grate covering the "cans" plays a role. I think this grate is responsible for splitting the artifact into four parts as it blocks the light.

That's my $.02 on this one.

I think you've got it, IAP. The mystery lights seem like a reflection of the camera spotlight. The mesh grill that's protecting the bulb forms a grid that the dimly reflected lights adhere to. In every photo where they appear they maintain the same orientation to the spotlight. And Evasius's elaboration goes even further to explain it.

Well, this was fun while it lasted. Kinda had my hopes up that it would turn out to be UFOs, though. Gotta put the work in on this stuff, though. Good work people!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

Excellent, Barbadel! More of the same but with higher resolution of the reflections.

These photos are so clear that when something odd does show up, and NASA does fumble due to human error - someone posting the untouched photo rather than the airbrushed one, we will have no doubts about what we are seeing. That may just happen someday.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
If that is you in the pic I am sorry to disappoint people like you but you shouldn't take 100% people's beliefs.

Truth is arbitrary. You should make up your own mind. Never take 100% other people's 'truth' as your own 'truth'. That is very dangerous.

I do belief something is fishy going on with NASA but to take Lear's opinions as fact is dangerous.

As to the OP. There is different explanations.

1. Space junk
2. Ice crystals (I know, I can't resist in being NASA's shill)
3. Other satellites
4. Space organism or critters
5. Alien spacecraft
6. Human spacecraft
7. Unexplained outer space natural phenomena

And to everyone with 100% belief even any one of this. The photo is just dots people.

DOTS.

D... O... T... S....

Dots dots dots.

How can you people be 100% sure it's one of this things. Have you been up there? I think not.

I want to believe it's a UFO or a NASA-cover-DOD-classified-ultra-secret-compartmentalized-"OOOOOOO!"-hush-hush
Secret Space Station. But NO ONE HAS DEFINITE PROOF.

By the way I'm tired of looking at DOTS for evidence. How about replacing the UFO abbreviation with DOT. It seems like a good idea since everybit of this 'earth shaking evidence' are just that.

"Wow. A DOT. This is truly earth shaking phenomena. A DOT! Marvelous DOTs!More dots! We are being visited by DOTs! I am truly awed by these DOTs!Even more DOTs! Wow DOTs! Dudeee! DOTs! I am a believer of DOTs!

[edit on 20-8-2007 by omnicron]

You forgot #8. The Star Trek Voyager Space Ship.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Raabjorn]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I'll ditch the boom theory and go with the light reflection.

Great team work, people!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
very interesting photo. good catch OP.

and i must say, if we did have other space stations in space, that are visible by telescope and are able to take pics of them, then wouldnt other countries with good space programs raise a little more question about it. I mean, it just seems that something that isnt that well hidden would offend the other countries that arent allowed to have their own space station.

I believe in a base on the moon before another top secret space station floating around for all to see it.
Besides... whats the point of another space station? theres nothing we can hide there that we cant hide here on earth, and like i said before, it would be more logical that if we did have a secret station it would be on the moon, man made or not. but perhaps we built one so the aliens could fuel their ships on the way to earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join