It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? Current Shuttle mission spacewalk picture..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
The thought occurs that if this was something NASA didn't really want to publish, why hasn't it been excised by their supposed team of airbrushers?

Exactly! NASA's air brushing department isn't so clumsy or incompetent as to leave out something like that for all the world to see! Or have they goofed up again as they have done a few times earlier?

So it's either an alien object or space junk. I'd settle for the latter if it's a few miles away. But if it's a thousand, then, yep, its a huge UFO! Is there a vid of this scene too? That would probably settle the issue!

Good find! You've really got an eagle's eye, what?

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
"Wow. A DOT. This is truly earth shaking phenomena. A DOT! Marvelous DOTs!More dots! We are being visited by DOTs! I am truly awed by these DOTs!Even more DOTs! Wow DOTs! Dudeee! DOTs! I am a believer of DOTs!

Jeez! You really seem frustrated omnicron!! Dots, dots and more dots?

Ok, take a peek at this NASA vid. No dots here, but big pulsating UFOs, and they are hundreds of miles away! But hey! They could be space critters too!

Hmmm...But they could be the ubiquitous ice particles, fireflies, lens flares or even swamp gas!
And oh, I forgot to add planet Venus!!

Keep looking. The truth is out there!

Cheers!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
those lights and the object beside it look similar to that Haiti Ufo on youtube

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodebert

In that case it must be cgi lol

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
A satellite maybe? I thought we had thousands of them up there, why are they never in photos like this, or are they?

I was always under the assumption that since the 'moon' we've never actually passed thru the Van Allen belt again, or off out into 'actual' space and generally just go up a ways, so surely satellites go further to reach orbit?

I could be wrong, my area of expertise is not in space and orbits, but that was always what I thought. You are right though that we've never really seen any photos of satellites, so are they really launched...?

---

On the object, looks fairly big, but not massive, depends on exactly how far away it is and its too hard to tell IMO. I guess its most likely space junk, but it really could be anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Those video's have been in the public domain for years..the Haiti Hoaxer never saw em?

Excellent analysis of the photo thanks for the work I knew there no boom (proven) and it turns out something so simple..

Now we can enjoy those fantastic images in Space

Originally posted by rodebert

[edit on 21-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
So I was admiring the latest shots from the STS-118 gallery and came across something, it doesn't appear to be a lens abberation or reflection. On the emboss there is something there.

Also visible on a previous image:
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Using the Hi Res img linked above if you open it and concentrate on the area around the spots and look very closely you will see there are actually more located in various other areas as well as on the right side of the panels. Viewing at 200% my guess would be they are stars

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

Hey spots, I've looked for more but I don't see any others. I only see the two reflections that are caused by the spotlight. Can you tell me where you have noticed others? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just watched the landing of the Endeavor. When the camera captured
it flying over the edge of the runway, it sounded like a jet. Why? I
thought the shuttle coasted/glided to landing without engine power.
Watching them land is a beautiful sight. -cwm

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've been present at a shuttle landing. It's a glider. The only engine noise was from the chase planes.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Steps to recreate.

Save inhanced imagine to your computer.

Open Photoshop enlarge to 200 %

Use Rectangular tool to capture an image 200 x 400 with original objects in lower lh corner

do a control c

Control N

control V to paste cut image then save file

Start in the lower LH corner where the primary objects were spotted then look above and to the right on lower side of panel there are several there and there are more on the top half of the panel above it that is to the right going up towards the top yoou will see several. They are faint but they are there if you look hard enough.

Not sure but that should work unless of course you have a lower quality monitor.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I've been present at a shuttle landing. It's a glider. The only engine noise was from the chase planes.

Thankyou for the response and clarification. It must have been a
coincidence that the camera on the end of the runway picked up
the roar from a jet the moment the shuttle flew over. Have a super
day!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

space station?! NO WAY!

those there are ice crystals. similar to what's been seen in the tether incident

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How are they ice crystals?

They so appear to have a darker outline around them - which to means - lights iun a larger 'thing'....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildone106

Why it's a weather balloon of course!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

sorry. that was sarcasm.

honestly, I believe it's just a dis-info release. one staged for creating controversy and keeping thoughts away from the real questions.

John Q. Public, "What's that?!"

NASA, "Umm ... hhhmmm. Well, we're not sure. We think that's the ISS. But, it could be space debris.

It's all to cause doubt in the minds of the public and keep them "wondering".

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
weird the lights look like giant engines, maby a us star ship ? it looks like its inclinded but definatly looks like a giant ship and huge engines

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

Thanks, shots! Though, I was unsuccessful. I enlarged to 500% and inverted the photo's colors to get a clear view. Anything white would show up on black background when inverted. But still I didn't have any success. I'm viewing and 1600*1200 so that should be plenty resolution to make out what you're referring to, I think. Anyway, thanks for helping.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is a very high chance this could either be a satellite, space junk or some anomaly related with the camera.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think the crew never came back is all a hoax, the crew still up there trying to figure out what they gonna do with the big problem, and the ufo they caught on tape.-of course i dont have anything to back me up but thats what i think!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join