It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Texas Longhorns are great animals with a strange history.

Perhaps aliens created them.

They are very friendly to man, but don't walk around when tipsy or you get
speared.

Thanks for the drawings, come back real soon.

That same show about Longhorns, which I forgot about their history,
was about hamburger places across America.
Michigan had butter on their burgers, they had to move for a heart
clinic to move in next door by the city fathers in responce to some
initiative, but every one came back and out lived the doctors.

Well the Longhorn burgers were 4 times the normal berger.
Raised right next to the burger place.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I like how the guy used his kid at the end like... (teary eyed).."My kid drew this picture for you but you dont like us anymore, sniffle, sniffle So Im gonna go away now. Boo hoo!
My creepy ufo thread had more meat than this and it even had a cool light fan.

So, like my 1 dude said ..."Come on Dont waste time with this cr-p!!"

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
That image was not drawn on paper. It had to have been done on a computer.

This is the upper left corner of the alien's head. There is no way he could get perfectly square pixels in a non-computer drawing.

Pixels can only be square in shape. Pixels cannot be triangles, or circles, or trapezoidal or take the form of any other polygon - PIXELS CAN ONLY BE SQUARES!.

No matter how fake or real a picture is, it MUST be comprised of SQUARE PIXELS to be in digital form.

The size of the pixels in the image depends on the scanner DPI (dots per inch). So just because they seem larger than certain other scanners doesn't mean it's fake, it could just be an old scanner. I have one too, it's dpi is complete crap, but oh well.

I'm not claiming this picture/case to be true or false, but some of these accusations are outright retarded.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Manincloak]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It is threads like these that make me wonder where all the quality posters have gone.

I have witnessed the downfall of this site from a place where individuals with a common interest/plight could share information and stories, and ask for help if it was needed, and help was usually given.

Now, it seems that there are very few long-term members remaining.

It seems that the mission of this site, or at least the UFO forum, is no longer 'Deny Ignorance' than to rather 'Preserve Ignorance' or 'Embrace Ignorance'.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieNutter
It seems that the mission of this site, or at least the UFO forum, is no longer 'Deny Ignorance' than to rather 'Preserve Ignorance' or 'Embrace Ignorance'.

Couldn't agree more. I mean...sure there are hoaxes, but people MUST be given the benefit of the doubt, or we will get nowhere slowly.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Guy says "alien in my backyard, scares my child". Yeah right...It's written 'HOAX' all over it, with big neon letters.

In this day and age, with so many affordable video and photo cameras, it would take a far better picture to persuade the public than a kid's hand drawing.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
On pixel shape in the submitted 'drawing/painting'.

As I understand it the oddity which seemed to suggest it was a computer drawing and not a painting that was scanned in, was that the pixels were one color and did not fade out to lighter and lighter colors. The edge seemed to be too sharp. In addition, it was seen in the photo that one pixel was missing in a curve at the bottom near the right 'ankle'. This would be odd in a painting.

However, the mottled fill color of the red body seemed to suggest differential soaking into heavy paper of water color. Hard to tell.

On the 'convincing anyone with a child's drawing', the OP was not, as far as I could tell, trying to convince anyone - he was merely offering what items he had that seemed related to the child's experience. I don't even think he used the word 'evidence'.

So, in balance, it seems that we went too quickly and drove away a possibly interesting experiencer, or at worst, some evidence that there was a child in trouble.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good story.

But that's all it is, a story!

I'm supprised your company therapist still has a job after referring you to this site. I hope his education is not based on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I don't know what type of watercolour or paper was used, but I am used to see watercolours and they do not behave like that on the paper, they smudge the borders because of the paper's capacity to absorb the ink.

That is why the painters, before painting a watercolour, "paint" the paper only with water; after the paper has soaked that first water layer it will not absorb the ink, so it does not make the typical capillarity effect.

I also find strange that the "red man" has an almost yellow line along all the edges. It could be from the type of ink used, but I doubt it.

The best way to know if this was the real behaviour of the paper and ink was if texas_longhorn would post another painting done with the same paper and ink, but I don't think we will see him again...

The missing black pixels on the black object do not help either.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good point ArMAP, this is true. However would a 7 y.o. child know to 'paint' the paper with water and or a background color to give the impression of 'fog'?

The line around the red figure looks more grey on my screen, but yes it does appear to be an outline, but it's not obvious to me how it was painted.

Anyway, looks like this is pretty much a dead end.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This story reads exactly like a script for an episode of the x-files, where the kid sees things and can't remember or account for the drawings, anyway the drawing could've been done by a 7yr old but it's too clean looking, it also could've been done by a 50yr old, I say show some more drawings, usally 7yr olds are a bit messier than that. The captain america shields analogy also seems a bit contrived as if to throw off people who suspect the story isn't true, it does the opposite to me, has captn. America even been in a 7yr olds pop culture in the past 7 years? I haven't seen much with him at all. I would add unlesses but they would only fuel the excuses, I sound like a skeptic but I want to believe it's just a story and a primitive drawing is the evidence of at least 75% of the ufo cases I've seen. You'd think aliens after all these years would contact an artist that could accurately draw them since apparently cameras don't work in their presence, why doesn't the father himself draw what he saw?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

After a lot of soul searching, I have decided to come back and continue to share my story. Even though I feel I was treated rather unfairly, a lot of you seem to want to stand by me and have been very helpful. I will continue to try and be as helpful as possible, but I won't debate any poster that resorts to personal attacks.

Since my last post, I have seen the shields three more times (Once while my Brother, my Sister-in-Law and my Wife were outside playing cards.)

I feel like I could draw an accurate picture of what I am seeing, and I will post it here when I am finished. Like I said, I was very hurt by the insults I recieved, but the helpful people have made a world of difference (Especially those of you whom have shared personal stories with me via messages.)

I will have a drawing of the shield up here tonight to those that are still interested.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
TexasLongHorn...

Thank you for returning, I look forward to hearing more of your story.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
yeah, it's good to see you back, if you feel personally insulted again you should contact the mods or just hit the ignore button. how's your son doing?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I will remind everyone of Springer's words of wisdom:

When someone comes to ATS with an experience or a "story" to tell they WILL RECEIVE THE COURTESY AND THE ABILITY TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF HOAXING, CALLED A LIAR, RUDELY INTERROGATED, BADGERED OR ILL TREATED IN ANY WAY.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Glad your back. Just one thing that you should know. There are many on here for one reason or another like to insult. Also since this is such a HOT topic, there are many that are paid or have other agendas, to discredit or be little those that might be seeing the "real thing". Best defense? hit the ignore button. I have children too.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Glad to see you back Texas.

I don't think you will have the same problems again. If you do ignore them. It would be cool to see your drawings. These "Shields" sound interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nice to see you again, Texas_Longhorn.

Welcome back, anxiously awaiting further insight to your exceptional experiences.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thank you for returning TLH, I appreciate it. I apologise for a few of my fellow posters who have been aggressive. There are issues OUTSIDE OF YOUR THREAD, that make them suspicious in nature. It was transferred here with a lack of detatchment on their parts.
Don't worry, they'll pop their ugly heads in here again, just do your best to press on.

Like I said earlier. You haven't convinced me of much yet, but, I'm glad you came back to keep trying.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
TLH - Glad to see you've been able to overlook some of our rowdiness to come back to further this discussion along. I am looking forward to seeing any more details you can provide us on this event.

Thanks
LM

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join