It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
why don't we just get back on topic

This would be the topic of a gentleman, his son, a picture, the backyard and the ufo's.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

That would be a lot easier if we had not lost our OP a long ways back in this thread.

Since there is IP and email address available to upper staff, perhaps they would consider eating crow just a bit and emailing Tex and explaining how things got out of hand.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be honorable, even to a hoaxer--before it was proved!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
reply to post by Valhall

Valhall, I have to say that I am disappointed in your response to NGC. He obviously was upset, as was I, at the rudeness and attacking of some members. That shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, anywhere at any time. Ad hominem attacks are against T&C of ATS. Period, end of story. WHERE WERE THE MODS to warn the people who were administering ad hominem attacks? That's the mods job. Instead, we, the rank and file folks at ATS had to do the policing ourselves and then got attacked by the same members who needed to be warned. That's probably why NGC got to that point of frustration. That and having his complaint BEING IGNORED so long.
I find your attitude to be judgmental and not very respectful, and the fact that you didn't help out with this situation when it became so heated doesn't make you look good.
Who are you to judge someone else's feelings, like you did with NGC? To him, his feelings were absolutely valid. I don't find your post to be very helpful at all.

forestlady,

1. I care not what your rating of my response was.
2. I did not address the issues of the member actions with each other, I addressed the handling of the thread by the staff - a point NGC commented on. I can choose what parts of a post I want to comment on. I can choose what parts of a post I won't comment on. I'll continue to do that at my leisure.
3. I didn't comment on your posts because I couldn't construct a response without using the words hysterical or over-reacting, so I didn't think it would be positive.
4. You and NGC are the ones calling for a public stoning and I called for reason and compassion on a human error - and YOU are going to call me judgemental and disrespective? Your hypocracy knows no bounds.
5. I am not a member of the staff and it would be far out of place for me to attempt to police the mass-scale riot going on this thread. Besides, I was scared it was infectious and was staying away from it lest I got some on me.

I hope that clears up some rather bizarre points of confusion you referenced.

[edit on 8-21-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Honourable is always good. But, I'm sure even though he has left, we can still make good of this by not letting it get to this stage.

Believer - go for it...

Debunkers - do your worst...

Everyone - respect each other...

We all have different views, as is everything in life.

BUT, let's not get this is really the PREMIER UFO and alien and ALT TOPICS site in the WORLD...and let's not forget that...

...a reputation for being the home of cynical self servers.

This is ATS.com, not IDONTBELIEVENORSHALLU.com

I'd love to hear more from LTH, just so I can get the deal with the perfect lines in the drawing straight. That - and coupled with with the sentimentalism, is what's made me not be convinced.

anyway - for now...

peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I am not claiming the dad drew or changed the picture.

I am not trying to put down the child, his drawing or claiming it is an out and out fake. Just wondering if someone who studies these subjects can add insight. Looks as thought now even posting on subject is off limits.

Hi Roadgravel i actually agreed with you ..& i did not even remotely think you thought his dad drew it ..that was just something i think could have happened..& i was not talking or referring to you when i said "Maybe his dad drew it" i said that..i think you understood wrong ..& as well my English are not 100% so explaining/writing something that pops up in my head could easily be read wrong ..

I think about too many different things/theories/explanations when writing as i do too much double posts and wanna get as much in a single post i can ..

Seriously on your point you made i agreed with ,I apologize if you read me wrong ..

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know, I just perused the Complaint Forum and the FIRST complaint we've seen on this thread was registered exactly 12 minutes ago.

THIS is where the problem lies people. Those of you who are so upset about how this thread degenerated have no one but yourselves to look to.

Our volunteer staff of 60 is FAR outnumbered, have lives, jobs and many are on vacation, we simply can't be everywhere all the time on a site this busy.

We have repeatedly requested that when you see a violation of the TAC PLEASE REPORT IT VIA THE COMPLAINTS/SUGGESTIONS FEATURE.

This site is MEMBER DRIVEN and if you don't care enough to report that which so offends your sensibilities WHEN IT HAPPENS why would you rant about the staff's oversight? The staff didn't see it, YOU did, and did nothing.

Just a thought...

Springer...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I will admit I find the picture to be rather odd, I tried to look up CG done by seven year olds to see what an average seven year old was capable of:

but saying just because one kid can do it and not another is comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

There is a vast difference between a public stoning and a public airing.

If you've ever gotten an infection, you know that leaving the pus in place is usually not a good idea. You drain a wound by exposing it to the air and sun. IMO, the same is true of a breach of trust and other points of unsavory behavior.

And did you read the post just a short ways back where I retracted my call for the mod to step forward? I thought you were aware enough to read before posting.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
NGC,

Back off, I was talking to forestlady. Yes, I read your post. OBVIOUSLY, I was referring to the situation before your new stance...and I would stick with it being more of a call to stone, not to air. You knew what mod edited the original post, so what air did you need - air time to denegrate? I won't do a tit for tat with you. Find some one else to play with.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer, have you read this thread? I called for a mod on the thread and by way of a complaint LAST NIGHT, not 12 minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
BACK ON TOPIC please... We all hopefully understand a little better now and it's time to get bck to the matter at hand.

Thank you.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Springer -

I salute you -

The mods do a damn good job here. It's just a l'il confusing when you don't want to compain about a single post, but the whole way a thread has developed, if that makes sense.

Right, I'm sure we'll all still be arging tomorrow, but remember what it's about...

A guy

A story,

And a dodgy pic...

Take care kiddies....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone
I apologize. I obviously misunderstood your post. I suppose I thought at the times it was just more of the same as from earlier in the thread. I must be getting 'snake bit' or so it appears.

Once again, please accept my apology.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Please don't go all steve irwin on us - he was the man LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I tried to recreate the picure in photoshop, so far none of the regular paint brushes or filters match the picture. If it was done on a computer, maybe PaintShop Pro was used? I do alot of watercolor painting and some of the "paint" behavior is not something possible on paper in the real world. It's mainly noticed on the alien, but the black of the eyes/mouth bleed yellow...I've never seen paint do this, however I have observed it in digital art/paintings.

However, that doesn't mean anything, the "child" could have done it on the family computer.

The story turns me off(being recommended by a therapist or whatever), it feels odd, but again that doesn't mean squat as far as it really being a hoax. The "color" misspellings are wierd as well, couldn't a mod see where thier IP is from...if it's England, then they could be caught in a lie...other than that there isn't much to go on.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow! what a difference a few hours make, I went to bed last night and the *hoax* title was there. I awoke and had to read six pages to catch up.
Thanks to Springer for the retraction of the hoax, I agree with the spirit of most of the posters in that we should be more cautious and more patient with how we react to a newcomer on the boards.

Perhaps we should have a formula or ready made questionaire that the Thread maker might like to fill in on their original post.

I have asked what I thought were very pertinant questions in this case, (that was when Tex was still talking to us!) but they never got an answer. That can be frustrating, but it did not reduce me to name calling.

I would request that if Tex is still viewing this thread, pop in and say Hi, I think you may see some sanity has been restored. If someone upsets you, you can always complain to the mods, or push the 'ignore' button.
Some of us here want to help to get to the bottom of this, and we cannot do that without further information.

Oh! to the guy above me! Byrd checked the guys IP and said it was from Toronto BTW.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

In answer to your question, no I do not. Courtesy should be primary. And I understood your post, I understand you even better now. It seems you and I are on the same page, though I needed to clarify some things that I think perhaps others don't understand, haven't taken the time to understand, or are by choice ignoring. My post quoting and responding to yours was not really a challenge to you, more it was a continuation of your thread of thought along with some things that I thought about since around noon today. Your post basically gave me an entry back in to address those things that I had thought about earlier. So thanks for making the points that you did.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
First of all, I would like to point that I try to give the benefit of doubt to everybody, especially since what happened with one ATS member, Weise*.

I think that this thread has shown an abnormal lack of respect for other members, and I think that it may have been triggered by reading the increasingly rude posts. Some people may have answered in a more aggressive way just because of what they had read just before posting their answer, making a crescendo of aggression that almost put people on the same side attacking each other.

This is just my opinion, am I not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, I am just a self-taught programmer that never went to university.

About the case, I find strange that the child says that the backyard is scary and the reaction of the dog, strange for a UFO sighting, if we were talking about a paranormal presence I would expect that type of reaction more than from some sightings of UFOs over the house.

I don't know if you are reading this, Texas_Longhorn, but if you are, I would like to ask you something:

Is there anything that can be seen from the backyard and not from any other place of the house or around the house, that your child may have linked to what scares him, making him scared of that place because it is the only one from where he can see whatever scares him?

Also, although I obviously do not know him, by your description your son does not look frightened, maybe scared but in the same way that he could be scared of something that puzzles him. If that is the case then I think that whatever is scaring him does not look dangerous to him, just unknown, and I think that is better than being really frightened.

Good luck!

* The older members may remember what happened with Weise. For those who do not know what happened, let me just say that is was a real proof that we do not know what people on the other side of a forum are thinking or feeling.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
So the next few nights I went outside by myself for a few hours, and I'll be damned if I didn't see one of this shield things he was talking about. It looked like one of those flying saucers from a cartoon or something.

Texas_Longhorn, I think it might make it easier to understand your son's experience to know more about your first hand experience. Can you tell us more about the "shield thing" that you saw? Thanks!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've been following this thread and found it interesting...... up to a point.

I think I remember the OP, as he was saying goodbye, mentioning that he would welcome emails from interested people. As someone mentioned maybe a moderator could contact him and invite him back, perhaps in a *new* thread, and monitor this one carefully. I don't totally believe or disbelieve his story but I'd like for him to have a chance to come up with the pictures, answers, etc. as he said he would.
RR

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join