It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Is there a way that we can put together all the post of TLH in a post here or just have a link to all his posts?.

I know you can see them if you go to his profile, I try to put the link here for some reason it did not work, may be someone has more knowledge about how to do that. I mean it as a way of like a fresh start to this in the hopes that this guy might come back.

Or maybe a way to have people coming to the thread get a summary of the story of the OP with a chance of skipping the vitrolic rants.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Is there a way that we can put together all the post of TLH in a post here or just have a link to all his posts?.

You can see all the contributions of any member within a thread just by clicking on the [thread] link just below their post. Here's the link for TLH
Texas_Longhorn thread posts

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks SO!

Just went trough it all over again and gosh I feel even worst now. Anyways, seem a very coherent story to me with a lot of questions need it to be ask and answer IMO. Sadly he could not find the help he was looking for here IF he story was true which I think has not been determined, especially when the guys was forthcoming with answers and posted his willingness to provide more info.

Someone else earlier said that this was a hoax and he is using a child health issue to get attention that would set a new low for hoaxters, and I agree 100%.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Oh
My
God.

I have just read from page one to page twenty. The first page was the only relevant one. The OP, Texas Longhorn, came here with a story. A VERY interesting story in my OPINION. Sniped by Trollers, I say. A sad day in ATSville because it makes me put off telling anything I ever witness to the good folks here that want to hear it.

I believe the OP because of the dog. Dogs know. I bet if the OP were still here, we could investigate this more....but alas, he is gone.
The childs picture. Whether refered to as a drawing or a painting, I believe it IS a watercolor on heavy paper scanned in for YOUR perusal. I have a 9 year-old who likes to paint with her crayola watercolor set (Ya know, like the one everyone of you took to kindergarden through 3rd grade) and I scan everyone of them into PhotoSuiteII through a TWAIN device to reduce them from the 2megs scanned to a manageable 900k. When it goes in, it's a BMP, when I'm done, it's a jpg. And it blurs in places. Don't overanalyze. It's a kids picture scanned in. I think he was going to take a picture of the kid holding the picture, but, alas, he has been driven off.
Who knows, he said his brother got him the job and he's pals with the company therapist. Maybe his brother IS the company therapist? Who knows? Wait! The OP knows....oh yeah, sniped out by page three. Damn!
Man, I hate to rag on the Mods, but the REAL mods didn't show up until page 15 or so. Any moderators posting before that just echoed the bashing of the OP. I won't name names, but, I will describe Avatars. One has an Alien and one has some fancy-pants longhair. Neither advanced the threads substance, but both wallowed in a general lack of class. Call me on it boys and I'll start quoting.

This is what I learned from THIS thread.

-A man came to ATS to share a story and maybe get some insight from persons more "in the know". He didn't get any.
-Mean people suck. There are mean people on ATS. Lots of them. There ARE good people here, but, they get drowned out by the mean ones. Don't worry guys, I hear ya.
-BO XIAN is a passionate defender of the right to be heard before judgement is passed! I agree. Period. The hoax screamers are rampant and need to be heeled. You fought hard for the OP and I almost hit that "Friend" button. But after you clearly made your point, you just had to keep going. Although I agreed with you on EVERY SINGLE POINT, there is a point where it becomes overkill. I will keep reading your posts, you're intellegent, articulate and again, passionate. Class. I like class.
-There are ignorant, deviant children in ATS. You can read it in the way their words and feelings are posted. Maliciousness is prevelant in the world today and I guess it's going to be allowed here too. Funny that. (Sad really, but, I didn't want to dwell on the negative)

I don't post as much as I read. I try to read everything. I don't post unless I can advance the thread. Not so with many here. I swear some people post just to be EVIL. SPITEFUL. It's odd that we look for Luciferian agendas everywhere but here at home. It's running rampant in threads like this. I'm ashamed to a point. And I'm sad that we didn't get to hear the rest of his story because there are snipers ready to kill whatever is presented.

Evil.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Jeez, the guys gone and good riddance to the liar but I think people can stop speculating about his story now, ill take one more shot at it though
just because Im bored and cannot sleep. He was trying to pull one over on us here at ATS. He got called out on it and he folded, with the classic "Im going to share all of my future images and my wonderful airtight story *cough* lie with with another forum because you guys are mean" line
If someone would lay out all his inconsistencies, trips and plain ole BS in a line, sideXside, it would then most likely become clearer and more people would see him for what he is.

A: The kid- Gain sympathy and add credibility, appeals to the women and parents on the board, going for the "cuteness points"

B: The dog- Another tool, like the child- This time though, appeals to the men (mans best friend) brought in to protect the child while in the "spooky" backyard. But the dog , just like the child, is afraid of the backyard and refuses to go out there. This also even further adds to the "spooky effect" because we all know about a dogs sixth sense in sensing danger

C:The drawing- Lame attempt to appear like hes making some effort to show some evidence. Couple of reasons for using a drawing. One being that there would be no image for the ATS sharks to frenzy feed on and pick apart This is one of the things that leads me to believe that whoever this guy is, hes attempted a hoax here before.
Another reason to use a drawing is because it was drawn by a kid, allegedly of course, and I've already pointed out what his reason may be for using a kid in his scheme.
He also realizes that he needs at least some type of visual evidence to even attempt a hoax on here.
Like i said, its probably because he has attempted this before on ATS, most likely with the same conclusion that he had this time around.

The skeptics and debunkers on ATS are infamous for being brutal

I suppose he could've put together a fake image (but he was to lazy for that) or he could've snagged one off of the internet, much more riskier but if it had worked, it would've surely have helped his case, initially at least.
However, its pretty evident that he was lazy and didn't want to put to much effort into his hoax.. because he put all his eggs in one basket, thinking the kid and his really cute but mysterious drawing would have been enough so he put all his faith in that portion of the scheme.

Anyway, I haven't been obsessing over this thing, I was just bored and I got tired of watching that damn hurricane hour after hour and I noticed that you guys were still arguing over this, even though the OP hasnt been on all day.

Hey all, did notice that he never really followed up on his own siting of these awesome, flying, Capt America shields. I believe someone else already mentioned it here and I just thought it was odd that he never really focuses on what I would consider to be the biggest part of his story, yet he only contributes one or two lines about it in his posts.
If my son saw something on a regular bases, then i went out there and saw the same thing, the next time I went out there I would have about 50 different cameras with me

[edit on 8/22/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think you should monitor your kids at night as suggested earlier with a nightvision camcorder and perhaps take sometime out in your yard to record anything suspicious. Great story otherwise...Texas seems to be a hot spot for UFO activity...lived there for awhile and got to see one myself.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
There are a few members here, on this thread, that go WAY overboard with siding with the OP. A message to them is simply, these new members are strangers, with no record, no history, and unless they are willing to provide the information we need to come to a conclusion, then who cares about their postings. .

Sorry but I disagree, he provided the original post and was following up with more info and even accepted some of the request to provide further info in the form of video, before getting frustrated by the attitude of some members.

ALL MEMBERS new or with time here deserve the CHANCE to prove their story in the same manner, and we did not give this person a fair chance to do that.

Me personally founded his story interesting and plausible, I have a son, out of the blue he develop a fear for being upstairs in the house if we were not there, after almost 5 months of showing no such fear.

It will be a sorry day when we don't even give new members a chance to come here and tell us their story, because according to your logic they gave not credibility to begin with.

Wow, here is a chance for you and I to attack each other, but I'm not going there as this thread is full of member on member discussions already.

We're not talking about people coming here to tell about a car accident, a near death experience or such. People come to this part of ATS to talk about the little green men. I'm sorry, but I'm a little tired of the same ole story that "new" members give about an experience. It's always the same.

No camera or it was a friends camera and I didn't know how to use it
Had no more time than to snap "one" pic, mostly of anything BUT the actual object
I "never" used photoshop "that I recall"
I can't take additional pictures because...see first statement
And on and on it goes.

So, please forgive me if I say "Put up or shut up" to new posters. I for one, when I was new here, was fully prepared to answer any and all questions, even to the point of my religious beliefs and which side of the bed I sleep on. When we deal with "real" people, they don't get "scared" and go away like some have said. Real people don't care what other people think, and will continue, no matter what the ridicule, to deal with anyone that has a true and cincere interest, which many on this thread have expressed. But, where has that gotton us? I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Still, we should try to remain civil towards the individual, instead of barraging them with slanderous remarks about them and their credibility as a human being when they have attempted to explain what they saw/experienced. I've been here a good while myself, and I've seen the same types of tactics used as well.

What I suggest is that we stop attacking people's credibility, and move towards some sort of resolution to the problem. This way, if we can keep our focus on the issue at hand, we'll spend less time squabbling over the nonsensical nature of human interaction, and more time on finding the answers that brought us all here.

To put it plainly, we need to stop being so anal. I even include myself in this because I can get heated in a debate, and do once in a while. Objectivity is hard sometimes, but it can be achieved. Well, as closely as we can to it, considering we're all biased humans, or at least I hope we are...

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I live outside Toronto and know North York. Is there no Canadian authority you could reach ? It is an area of dense population. Maybe you need some type of professional help to catch it on film.

It sounds very scary... can you not move ? I would be gone in a flash ! I am thinking of your son here who will keep those lasting impressions and it is not fair to have his childhood ruined and full of fears which all this attention will generate.

Bet the dog was sorry he got moved too !

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Cuihail, very well thought through and presented. I like what you said.
The Borg, also well put and again I am in accord.
I was here from day 1 of Tex's story and (maybe) I was the one that advanced the photo analysis by proffering up a quick sketch (in chalk) and scanning it for the photo analysis guys. My motive was (and always will be!) to find truth, not to shred evidence or belittle the OP.

I did ask some pertinent questions, make some observations, but never, never got personal with the OP. I took umbridge at BO for going OTT with some people, but never insulted BO.

This post is Not to justify or vindicate, It is just to say that I witnessed some harsh treatment to a newbee, and I think (hope) we all learned from that (if nothing else).

Perhaps we should consider a persons dignity and respect what they have been through and have to say in the first instance, let us weigh the evidence presented and (hopefully) allow them time to present more evidence as requested.
Then we can coherrently begin to sort through the story and utalising the expertise that we have at our collective fingertips here in ATS, give a reasoned and thoughtful explanation to assist the OP.

Hoaxes are the bain that are presented here to test us from time to time, but we can work through to find the truth (as best we can) without name calling, bitch slapping or generally insulting the individual.

for example....Oh! you really got me going on that one mate! or nice try buddy but you know it's BS right!

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to PC the board or threads, all I am saying is treat everyone with a little respect, but make sure they earn it first.
Rant done and dusted. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

And can I please ask you how you came to this conclusion? Can you show me your facts?

There are some ways that I won't accept for a story presented here to be called a hoax. For example:

1. "I have a gut feeling...
2." Something tells me...
3. "This smells like...

Since you are presenting no facts to back up your assumptions, then I believe you are presenting your opinion which is fine by me and present acceptable skeptiscm which is also fine, but at the end is just that, your opinion.

Unless you of course provide some info to back up your claim or assumptions.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I agree with you man, I share your frustration, and you are right when it comes to how facts should be presented when you out out a story, totally agree 100%.

The only things that worries me is what this place is going to become, all members should be treated equally new or old, we should get the chance to present anything we want in an enviroment that foster amicable debate and of course serious analyzing of what is being presented so like you said we don't waste our time here. That's is not too much to ask I think.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It is so easy for someone to come on here and post a "story" and get everyone so riled up, lol. Maybe that's why they do it. ATS has a lot of people out there that like nothing better than to see a bunch of members here fall over themselves concerning some ridicules story that they themselves, or their "buddies" posted.

It goes something like this:

"Hey (insert buddy name here) go look at what I just posted over at ATS, hee hee. Lets watch them make fools of themselves"

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

And can I please ask you how you came to this conclusion? Can you show me your facts?

There are some ways that I won't accept for a story presented here to be called a hoax. For example:

1. "I have a gut feeling...
2." Something tells me...
3. "This smells like...

It is striking, for instance, how many different professions and disciplines have a word to describe the particular gift of reading deeply into the narrowest slivers of experience. In basketball, the player who can take in and comprehend all that is happening around him or her is said to have "court sense." In the military, brilliant generals are said to possess "coup d'oeil"—which, translated from the French, means "power of the glance": the ability to immediately see and make sense of the battlefield. Napoleon had coup d'oeil. So did Patton. The ornithologist David Sibley says that in Cape May, New Jersey, he once spotted a bird in flight from two hundred yards away and knew, instantly, that it was a ruff, a rare sandpiper. He had never seen a ruff in flight before; nor was the moment long enough for him to make a careful identification. But he was able to capture what bird-watchers call the bird's "giss"—its essence—and that was enough. "Blink" Copyright © 2005 by Malcolm Gladwell

After years of spotting and revealing BS, it doesn't take much input to recognize it's unique fragrance. It is a demonstrated and measured ability with remarkable accuracy.

The OP's account reeks.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Ignore, if you don't give the OP any sort of chance to present the evidence, you will never have any chance of clarification. There are, I'm sure, MANY people with outrageous stories to tell and when pointed here, they see all the topics we have and say "Maybe I can tell my story here." Now, if these people don't spend every waking moment on a forum, they can present their evidence in a haphazard, clumsy way. Is that any reason to bash them before they're halfway finished with their tale? I wanted to hear what the guy came here to say. So did many others, but, those who just LOVE to scream HOAX before somebody makes sense of it ruined it. It doesn't matter anymore if the guy was hoaxing or not, HE WAS DRIVEN AWAY BEFORE HE HAD ANY CHANCE TO FINISH PRESENTING.
How can you or anyone say this is a hoax? There isn't enough evidence to say hoax. WE DIDN'T EVEN LET HIM TALK! We cut a potential member out on his first day because SOMEBODY has all his own answers. None of us have all the answers and by sniping new members on their first day here will only feed the evil, maliciousness that seems to be growing here.

We can no longer call this place a "Forum" because there is no more listening. Forums are built to exchange ideas and information. It's no longer a sharing place here. People try, but, the trolls and snipers fire before the order is even considered.
And for God's sake don't anyone call this a hoax because old boy longhorn took off before finishing. I wouldn't of stuck around for any length of time after that. You people (Hoax screamers) don't deserve to hear anybodys story, ya punks!

Damn this whole issue enrages me. It's funny how someone I would consider a "Newbie" would spout "Don't believe the newbie". Well, frankly, I can't wait for summer to be over and all the children to go back to school. They have riled old-time members and alienated new members wanting to maybe get a grasp on something they don't understand.

There ARE good people here. Good people with help to give and information to clear up confusion. Good ideas and speculation. Skeptics that have patience and intellegence. Texas Longhorn never got the chance to interact with these folks because snipers have no honor.

Pissed and disappointed,
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

It is striking, for instance, how many different professions and disciplines have a word to describe the particular gift of reading deeply into the narrowest slivers of experience. In basketball, the player who can take in and comprehend all that is happening around him or her is said to have "court sense." In the military, brilliant generals are said to possess "coup d'oeil"—which, translated from the French, means "power of the glance": the ability to immediately see and make sense of the battlefield. Napoleon had coup d'oeil. So did Patton. The ornithologist David Sibley says that in Cape May, New Jersey, he once spotted a bird in flight from two hundred yards away and knew, instantly, that it was a ruff, a rare sandpiper. He had never seen a ruff in flight before; nor was the moment long enough for him to make a careful identification. But he was able to capture what bird-watchers call the bird's "giss"—its essence—and that was enough. "Blink" Copyright © 2005 by Malcolm Gladwell

Given various givens . . . was going to take my marbles and play elsewhere for a good while . . . but this is toooooooooo . . . something.

Just on such a basis as so well described in the quote above . . .

this professional interviewer would guesstimate that there's a 95% or better chance that the dad was telling the truth.

I wonder what the other therapists hereon would say about their impressions on that score.

For myself, there were plenty of subtle cues that dad was telling the truth and none on the other side.

As to the lopsided double standard stuff . . . God have mercy on those who vengefully return evil for good.

[edit on 22/8/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

After years of spotting and revealing BS, it doesn't take much input to recognize it's unique fragrance. It is a demonstrated and measured ability with remarkable accuracy.

The OP's account reeks.

I don't know if the Mr. Gladwell article that you posted is a scientific study or not, still I don't see how it relates to or how much weight carries to the analytical process that is involved in the investigation of a story.

Each case presented has to be analyze separately, I do agree that hoaxes share some common traits but I saw non of that here at the point where the thread became unbearable. Past experience help in many ways but still are no facts towards the present case.

Just imagine a doctor that has two people that share some of the same symptoms let's say for a cold, well a good doctor will take each case on a separate basis and get the right cause of the problem, while a not so good doctor will assume that since some people have show lately with cold symptoms and guy A show symptoms of the cold, guy B must have it too, later to find out that guy B had the flu.

My point being that just because things seem similar they are not the same and is up to us to prove it so with facts.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The OP's account reeks.

Okay, I read the OP's statement and your statement and I'll tell ya. YOURS is more likely to be a hoax than his.

How many years have you been debunking, spotting and revealing BS? Do you have proof you've done all this and have all the experience to claim such powers? Have ya done a lot of documentable study that you can share with us?
C'mon. I can smell Duck al orange, but it doesnt mean I can prepare it. I've seen Top Fuel funny cars. It doesn't mean I can build them.

I have met liars. I know liars and for goodness sake I've lied. But it in no way makes me an expert in liars. I just know that liars will reveal themselves if allowed to keep going. Lies reveal themselves because the liar has to remember what he lied about. We never had a chance to call him a liar because he wasn't allowed enough time to incriminate himself. If he even WAS a liar.

...smelled the lie. Yeah, THAT'S solid.

Sigh,
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
this professional interviewer would guesstimate that there's a 95% or better chance that the dad was telling the truth.

I wonder what the other therapists hereon would say about their impressions on that score.

For myself, there were plenty of subtle cues that dad was telling the truth and none on the other side.

I have hoped that the pro's (psychologists) would give their insights as to the drawing as someone stated that details say it wasn't a child's drawing. What are the details and methods? Do the experts see things that contradict that statement?

What are the subtle clues that say he's telling the truth so that we can learn. Is there a difference in a written post and an in person interview? Clue us in.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
yet another reminder that the topic here is a little boy who is afraid to play in his backyard because he might have seen a ufo and an alien.

yet another reminder that the topic is not about individual members and their history of debunking, their personal stance on how to post and how to behave.

Let's stick to the topic. If we can't, warns will be doled out.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join