It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok, finally caught up with the thread. Very interesting but first thing first.

I'm very disapointed for the behaviour of some of our members, the namecalling towards a person that just want to put a story out, look for some advice and is WILLING to provide more information. The willingness to provide more information itself is a step that a hoaxer would not take because that is where the life of a hoax is, in the information presented. The more info this gentleman gives us the more of course we can help him with his situation or the more we can analyze towards the story being bunk.

Any real facts based skeptic will tell you that. What's the worst can happen?

1. Guy says he is going to provide info, then is never to be heard so we can assume is a hoax.

2. Guy provides the info it is show to be bunk, therefore a hoax.

3. Guy brings evidence and we keep helping him and debating, now who's getting hurt by this?

That will be something that should never being lost in the heat of the arguement, IF the guys already said that he is willing to provide more info, he has corner himself to come through, this would either validate the story or prove it as hoax.

To TLH:

First welcome to the site as you now are a member, IF you still reading this I just have some basics questions for you Sir.

1. Can you tell us what exactly the person/doctor/therapist that refer you to this site told you that you could accomplish by bringing your experience to this site?

2. Can you take and post a pic of that 10 feet fence from the inside?

3. Can you post a pic of the backyard?

Thanks in advance and please I do want you to understand that we as a community we really help each other but there is people out there really bent of trying their new tricks on us and that's why you see many member from our community just fed off when something new appears and they detect some minor flaws, trust me that everyone is on high alert and quick to jump the gun, from newbies like me to staff members as well.

Still that does not excuse the name calling and lack of respect, shame on US.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
BO XIAN,
Come on now, we were told to not get into more infighting and although I think we are on the same page, this is exactly what you are doing.

Fair enough . . .

However . . . please understand that I didn't get to the mod's point and request until well after

REPLYING

to other posts. There is quite a delay between reading things in sequence.

I normally consider it the loving thing to do . . . to REPLY to folks.

But, yeah, defense of my person on such matters is worth less than chaff.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

But, I don't recall calling anyone names. I certainly didn't call anyone "liar" as the OP was repeatedly called in less than 24 hours of posting.

I tried hard to limit my outrage to assertions, points, hypocrisies of statements etc.

Well you bashed my agreement with another poster and called me some pretty nasty names IMO.

From the master himself Sir BO XIAN

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So the

SUPREME COURT OF SNOOTY INTELLECTUAL LOFTINESS & SUPERIORITY

has already decided the case 100% absolutely conclusively.

Nice to let us serfs know. Thank you very much.

We shall be eternally and grovingly indebted to your loftiness.

Please excuse the affrontery of our taking up your screen realestate.

Nothing going on here. Please walk on by. . . . and kindly take the smell with you.

LOL I kinda take that as a compliment really. Thx

But seriously, you can’t bash everyone who doesn’t think the same way you do or doesn’t agree with your over the top assessments. Because in reality the OP had only a water color picture and a story. To many times posters have come here this summer and tried to pull one over on us. I tend to sit back and wait for the picture experts and the mods to figure it out. This time I simply agreed with another poster that this was looking like another attempt to pull the wool. You then started with your sarcasm and holier than thou attitude. Just as you have in many of your posts to others. Geez this thread alone you had 45 posts most of which were calling people the "SUPREME COURT OF SNOOTY INTELLECTUAL LOFTINESS & SUPERIORITY." What is that man I didn’t do that to you so why jump me over my unwillingness to accept everything you were saying at face value?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL GUYS!?!?

Sheesh, stick a fork in it, shake hands on it, spit at each each other, whatever! Just end it....

Most of us got it 3 pages ago....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
WHAT THE HELL GUYS!?!?

Sheesh, stick a fork in it, shake hands on it, spit at each each other, whatever! Just end it....

Most of us got it 3 pages ago....

Your right I got sucked in and i apologize to all. I wil try not to let it happen again but cant promise anything.

Thx Lost for keeping me grounded so to speak.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

No prob...Pride is a hard thing to ignore but it can be done....lets get back on task here without whipping each other in the process.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
IT STOPS NOW!

» Aliens & UFOs » UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard » Post Reply

Any further posts directed towards a fellow member's character or person will result in administrative action. If you can't form a response focused on or around the Actual topic of discussion, then simply Do Not post.

... and we now return you to the actual topic of this thread:

» Aliens & UFOs » UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard » Post Reply

Thank You.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
OK, I have just finished reading the whole thread, all 17 pages, every word and did not just quickly scan through. There are some issues I'd like to bring up:

1 - I've been a practicing psychotherapist for 15 years (with a graduate degree). I know of many very ethical therapists who would have suggested the OP post on ATS, hoping he might find some useful information and have people help him figure out what is going on with his son. The therapist may not have been that familiar with ATS, thus not knowing that the OP would be insulted, called names and mostly treated like a kook and then called a liar.
I would like to point out that there have been 2 therapists on this thread that said the same thing, which is that it's quite probable some therapists would have made such a suggestion and that it is ethical. So now, I've agreed with them, that makes THREE PROFESSIONAL THERAPISTS THAT HAVE STATED IT IS A LIKELY SCENARIO. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAST ASPERSIONS ON THE IDEA ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT THERAPISTS.

2 - I am sick and tired of seeing the insults and flame-throwing around here on most every post. It's rude, it accomplishes nothing but animosity and it's against the TLC. I also think the mods should do a better job of issuing warnings to people who attack others. They let things slide too much.

3- Regarding attacking Bo Xian: for crying out loud people, those of you who are not therapists and know nothing about how to do therapy, quit attacking us therapists/psychologists. You only make yourself look stupid and it's just really poor form to attack someone's character and/or professionalism in thier career - especially when they have no idea how professional the person is or is not.

4 - To the person who attacked Bo Xian's grammar and expertise as a psychologist: Well all it does it make you look stupid, rude and vicious, as well as unprofessional on this forum. We all write hastily on ATS and make typos but we're not here to flaunt our language skills and correct each other's grammar. Besides that, Bo's grammar is better than 99.9% of the people on ATS.

5 - To you debunkers who feel a need to insult the person you are "debunking": when you attack prematurely, you only make yourself look stupid. I mean really, debunking someone because of how they spell "colour" - please! I've lived in the U.S. all my life, but because I read alot, especially books printed in England, I often spell gray "grey" and spell it "colour" sometimes. It depends on where I am and who I'm talking to. He lives in Canada so he spells things the English way, so that people might understand him better. How he spells has nothing to do with his story and whether it's true or not. Debunkers, some of you insult people and when you're called on it, you then attack and insult the person who rightfully called you on it. Grow up and be accountable for yourself.

6 - If you are trying to debunk someone, it behooves you to read the entire thread, not just skim some parts of it. Too many people who try to debunk don't read the whole thread very well and they make dumb and obvious mistakes. HINT: This does nothing to add to your credibility. A good researcher/debunker is always very thorough and detail-oriented. When you jump to hasty conclusions, it only shows that you are arrogantly trying to make yourself look smart. However, it does just the opposite.

And lastly: THERAPISTS/PSYCHOLOGISTS are people too!! We get angry, defensive and upset just like any other normal person. We are trained not to give vent to those kind of feelings in sessions with clients because that is our work. But when we leave work, we try to leave our therapist hat at the office. Why? Because if we went around therapising everyone we met, we'd have no friends or family left and rightly so. Who wants to have someone doing therapy on you 24/7 without your permission??
Whenever I see someone attacking me or another therapist for "unprofessional behavior" when we're not at the office, that is a VERY CHEAP SHOT. Just because we're psychologists doesn't mean we aren't allowed to express our anger, frustration, etc. WE DON'T GIVE UP OUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE HUMAN RACE JUST BECAUSE WE'RE THERAPISTS. Quit expecting us to be perfect.

So, people get off your high horses and quit attacking therapists. I see this all the time, therapists are attacked way beyond any other profession, except perhaps at this point, scientists. We are attacked because many people are afraid that we might uncover their faults, secrets, what have you, so they feel compelled to attack and take out their aggressions on us.

I'm so sick of the insulting, back-biting and attacking by some members, that a number of times I've thought I should quit ATS. THankfully, there are a few reasonable, courteous people on here that keep me coming back.

Thank you for reading this post. I really needed to get this off my chest.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Thank you for that. I don't even expect the op to bother coming back. There are far too many members here that have a knack for scaring away any new members.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So Tex_Long ..you don't know why your son drew the red man ,it's not all about the shield the "dude in red" has my att..so ask him it is important,i could not have made it any clearer on pg1,p2,,p8,p9 as to why esp the meaning of the colors..black & red is not good as your psychologist or therapist who told you to come would know.

Myself and numerous other members are wondering about the red man ..your answer is a simple "You don't know he just drew it" ..is this cause you saw the ufo as well and think that is all he could have seen and the man could be your boy being sad? Please if you read this ask your son about the red man ..who it is,that is all we wanna know.

I have stuck up for you on every reply ,i got info on colors psychology with kids,i went through literally 100's of pics looking for a red being,i have asked my kids to see their reaction ..all that i can try to help and you ignore the main question..

We are asking you to ask your son who is the Red Man he drew,did he see him ,speak to him ,is it someone you people know? Please that would clear up my thoughts..now i am feeling like it could have been hoaxed ..i just don't get why you'd use a "child" & i hope it's not a joke / hoax ..also just trying to show not all ATS'ers are "out to get new members with out there stories ,this is a out there site" ..

Cheers ..

**Wonder if he will come back ..prob gonna smack that psychiatrist/psychologist for introducing ATS to him..

[edit on 8/21/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by geemony

Well you bashed my agreement with another poster and called me some pretty nasty names IMO.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So the

SUPREME COURT OF SNOOTY INTELLECTUAL LOFTINESS & SUPERIORITY

has already decided the case 100% absolutely conclusively.

Nice to let us serfs know. Thank you very much.

We shall be eternally and grovingly indebted to your loftiness.

LOL I kinda take that as a compliment really. Thx

. . . . you had 45 posts most of which were calling people the "SUPREME COURT OF SNOOTY INTELLECTUAL LOFTINESS & SUPERIORITY." What is that man I didn’t do that to you so why jump me over my unwillingness to accept everything you were saying at face value?

The following are mostly generic comments from reflections on thousands of posters' postings on many forums that your posting triggered because I've been wanting to comment on such issues for a long time.

DING, DING, DING, . . . .

1. There are persons, with their unique personhood, each.

2. There are persons' statements, pontifications, perspectives, opinions, attitudes, etc.

# # # # # # # # #

It is certainly common for many of us, particularly when we feel insecure or whatever such . . . sometimes when we feel arrogant, controlling, etc . . .

to . . . .

EQUATE our products WITH our PERSONHOOD.

That is, we feel that everything we say, everything we do, everything we have EQUALS OUR ESSENCE--IS our essence--our person, personhood.

Such a 2 year old mentality is greatly flawed at a minimum.

That's rather silly.

My fingernail clippings are not my essence.

Even my most cherished prose . . . is not my essence.

Even all my writings of the last 60 years are not my essence.

# # # # # # #

It is a mark of MATURITY to be able to distance one's self AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT

from one's products.

Even screaming about someone's opinions, attitudes, writings, perspectives, statements

is not inherently an assault on their personhood.

It's MERELY screaming about their opinions, attitudes, writings, perspectives, statements.

If they are too immature, insecure, controlling, proud, . . . . whatever . . . to distance, separate their personhood from their products . . . at some point . . . that has to be their problem.

I cherish persons . . . even those I fiercely disagree with.

I don't mind shredding silly perspectives, opinions, statements, attitudes . . .

And . . . it's often fascinating . . . a general statement here about general observations of many posters on various forums . . .

it's often fascinating that it's usually those most given to fiercely, ruthlessly assaulting

PERSONS and personhood

that scream the loudest about their products, opinions, statements being assaulted in the least.

Doesn't impress me.

Some wailing and whining I take with a grain of salt. It comes across not only as disingenuous but wholesale hypocritical.

This poster was called a liar--repeatedly.

Sometimes, it's cheeky enough to say that a given statement sounds like a lie to a particular reader. But that is at least NOT an attack on the person, personhood.

[edit on 21/8/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Texas Longhorn, hope you come back, there are a lot of people here that want to hear more of your story. Fact is, kids and animals are aware of energy that we adults do not pick up on. I would like to see a video of the dog, pictures of the yard and I'm curious about other drawings your son is doing, a lot of times that is the only way kids can express ideas that are over their heads.

And I agree that how he spells colour or neighbour has absolutely nothing to do with anything, I also, as an avid reader, find myself spelling those words that way at times, and I'm as southern as southern gets. That point of "debunking" was completely lost on me ...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Very good point, Qunone, red and black colors in a child's drawing = not good. It is usually a sign of emotional disturbance. That caught my eye, too, and I wondered about it. But I doubt that we'll ever hear from the OP again, and I don't blame him. Now we'll probably never know the truth of any of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

For me, there is one major and one minor piece of evidence that proves this is a hoax. The major issue is the fact that his son's "watercolor" was made using a computer. The second is the fact that Longhorn made a linguistic faux-paux by using the British spelling of the word colour, rather than the American version he should use, having been (allegedly) born in Odessa, Texas.

I tried with no luck to rope the OP into a response about the spelling when I pointed that out, but he was smart enough not to take the bait. Early on in the thread there was another brand new user using the same spelling, with no location listed. Just seemed fishy a guy from red blooded Texas would adapt to Canadian spelling of that word.

After awhile here at ATS you get good at noticing hoaxes. You don't even need a photo or video of an object to mess with. A real witness will answer any and all questions, not skirt any issues, provide follow up photos, etc. There are a few members here, on this thread, that go WAY overboard with siding with the OP. A message to them is simply, these new members are strangers, with no record, no history, and unless they are willing to provide the information we need to come to a conclusion, then who cares about their postings. Stop WASTING your time arguing with the MEMBERS of ATS over stuff you have no control over and no personal involvement in.

This thread didn't jump the shark, it landed in it's cage.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
May be one of the professional psychologists will comment on an earlier subject in the thread.

Is there a general observation that can be made of a child's art depicting a person. By this I mean would an adult's attempt at a forgery stand out. I realized that is most like not a 100% certainty, but does the picture posted look correct. I notice the Cap America picture seems quite a bit different than the red man. Is it just subject matter or are clues to be found? Is his art improving over the summer?

Edit: sp

[edit on 8/21/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
May be on of the professional psychologists will comment on an earlier subject in the thread.

Is there a general observation that can be made of a child's art depicting a person. By this I mean would an adult's attempt at a forgery stand out. I realized that is most like not a 100% certainty, but does the picture posted look correct. I notice the Cap America picture seems quite a bit different than the red man. Is it just subject matter or are clues to be found? Is his art improving over the summer?

A really good point ..

Just say he as a dad maybe filled in some "blank spots" on the drawing to make it clearer for us? Or to brighten it even more? ..see even this "child's drawing" is found to be "too perfect" for a child by some thus debunking screaming here.

If we should see a perfect video of a real alien landing ,a close encounter of any kind and have it on dvd cam & post it ..some will debunk it..that is how it is...too good/perfect to be true & it will be proven fake by some genius who knows his "tech" stuff.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I'm very disapointed for the behaviour of some of our members, the namecalling towards a person that just want to put a story out, look for some advice and is WILLING to provide more information.

Yeah I was into this thread at first then attack after attack on nitpicky crap by armchair pschologist and "child picture" annaylist has really turned me off.

Oh I am sure the debunkers will cry a round of "Victory he is a H0AX3R" or however the lite speek is done around here. The fact if if I was this guy I wouldn't come back because of the hostility.

In fact I was thinking of posting my one UFO encounter I had just to kinda share and get it off my chest, after seeing this thread I think not.

link   

Originally posted by qonone
Just say he as a dad maybe filled in some "blank spots" on the drawing to make it clearer for us? Or to brighten it even more? ..see even this "child's drawing" is found to be "too perfect" for a child by some thus debunking screaming here.

I am not claiming the dad drew or changed the picture.

I am not trying to put down the child, his drawing or claiming it is an out and out fake. Just wondering if someone who studies these subjects can add insight. Looks as thought now even posting on subject is off limits.

link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
There are a few members here, on this thread, that go WAY overboard with siding with the OP. A message to them is simply, these new members are strangers, with no record, no history, and unless they are willing to provide the information we need to come to a conclusion, then who cares about their postings. .

Sorry but I disagree, he provided the original post and was following up with more info and even accepted some of the request to provide further info in the form of video, before getting frustrated by the attitude of some members.

ALL MEMBERS new or with time here deserve the CHANCE to prove their story in the same manner, and we did not give this person a fair chance to do that.

Me personally founded his story interesting and plausible, I have a son, out of the blue he develop a fear for being upstairs in the house if we were not there, after almost 5 months of showing no such fear.

It will be a sorry day when we don't even give new members a chance to come here and tell us their story, because according to your logic they gave not credibility to begin with.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Hey!
What happened to the *HOAX* label that was bracketing the topic subject?
Can we ever find out who initially labeled it a HOAX and what criteria he used to come to his decision?
Was it a "group mod" decision or was it a unilateral decision?
How about why the label was removed.
Same questions for that decision.
Was it a group decision or unilateral?
What made him or yall decide to remove the HOAX tag?
Im not trying to get all up in the MODS business, I'm just curious.

thanks

My bad, nevermind. I found the post by Springer that pretty much answers every question that I asked...

Quote by Springer--The coffee had not kicked in yet when I read Blaine's post, I COMPLETELY misunderstood his post to prove it was drawn on a computer, I am human and prone to errors like anyone else...

OK here's the deal, after reviewing this thread and the Membership interest in it I have removed the HOAX tag.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by Kr0n0s]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join