It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Alex Chiu claims to have found the secret to Immortality.

What's your opinion?

Information at link below.

IMMORTALITY - Hoax or reality?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is the patent:

Magnetic ring

Abstract
A magnetic ring adapted to be worn on the little finger of the hand. The magnetic ring includes a ring and a pair of permanent magnets that extend from the ring. When the magnetic ring is worn on the little finger of the right hand, the pair of permanent magnets are oriented on the top and bottom, respectively, of the little finger, with the South pole of the magnet that is oriented on the top of the little finger generally contacting the top of the little finger, with the North pole of the magnet that is oriented on the top of the little finger in opposition thereto, with the North pole of the magnet that is oriented on the bottom of the little finger generally contacting the bottom of the little finger, and with the South pole of the magnet that is oriented on the bottom of the little finger in opposition thereto. When the magnetic ring is worn on the little finger of the left hand, the position of the polarities of the pair of permanent magnets are reversed from that of the right hand. The magnetic ring can also be made to fit around all the fingers of the hand and all the toes of the foot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventors: Chiu; Alexander Y. C. (122 Flying Mist Isle, Foster City, CA 94404)
Appl. No.: 825729
Filed: April 2, 1997

It's only about 7 years old, too. Kinda bold to say it would last forever. And all it is is 2 magnets on the little finger. Hoax.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
junglejake, thanks for the info and your opinion.

I am curious to see if it actually works.

Though I have no desire to live forever in this body.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My question is, are you for real?...C'mon...immortality?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
cyberpilot, I'm merely an illusion.

"Now drink your kool aid." (quote by RANT)

heh

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Immortality sucks for most of us.

But if you were Bill Gates then it would be better, but then again he ain't no chick magnet either.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
lol that quote by RANT actually came from Mr. Show.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
HOAX!!! And that guy's a spammer too...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's only about 7 years old, too. Kinda bold to say it would last forever. And all it is is 2 magnets on the little finger. Hoax.

Actually the patent goes back to 1974 when it was first submitted.

Magnets have an unknown healing power.
I don't see how this device could hurt you, but is probably a placebo.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This guy is an ignorant capitalist wannabe communist. Read about how he wants to turn the world into a giant corporation in order to avoid world peace. It makes me sick. Maybe it should be its own topic.

Link:
Prepare to laugh at this guy

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
immortality.....................

dont think so........ hoax like no other

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, this is old. This guy has been around at least since 1997 when i first saw his magnets of immortality. I believe he was sued by the husband of a woman who died of natural causes while wearing it at age 60.

So evidence of any effect on aging let along preventing death.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions.

I have read a few of Alex Chiu pages. the one on the Messiah was interesting. And his view of what appears to be a disguised NWO caught my eye.

I'm still undecided.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
Wow, this is old. This guy has been around at least since 1997 when i first saw his magnets of immortality. I believe he was sued by the husband of a woman who died of natural causes while wearing it at age 60.

So evidence of any effect on aging let along preventing death.

Yes.

I'll have to add Chiu to the hoax list. He's been discounted so many times that it surprises me anyone thinks he has any credibility. Heck, the guy himself has rather obviously aged since 'discovering' and wearing the 'magnets of immortality.'

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Heck, the guy himself has rather obviously aged since 'discovering' and wearing the 'magnets of immortality.'

I have not seen any pictures to compare, but if what you say is true, then I guess his immortality magnets are not working.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
His idea of how to unify the world is cracking me up..
If only!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
A friend and I were on the phone last night and were laughing our asses off at his site. I especially enjoyed his philosophy on giving money to the homeless.

From a marketing standpoint (that is what I do so is what I pay most attention to) his site is pure genius.

Could you imagine if he just said "hey, these magnets may have some health benefits, so buy them from me"? His business wouldn't amount to a hill of beans. But the site is so over the top that people see it and tell their friends about, he gets attention from all kinds of sites that cover crazy topics, etc.

It's like, let's make this as horrible as we can possibly can, and it WORKED.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I guess the only way to tell is afer a century...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The guy might have half a clue, but he's gone upstairs. No one's behind the wheel in Alex's brain. He even has the audacity to compare his 19yr old appearance to his 31yr old appearance. The before and after's aren't even close. If these rings work to even a fraction of the degree he claims, whatever they do, they still probably just make you look good for your age at best. I see no stunting or rolling back of the actual aging process. The rest of the images submitted on his testimonials page don't show me anything much different than someone who stops eating and drinking crap all the time and goes practically vegan w. exercise.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well His product States that if you wear this product backwards you will get really sick within hours.... Meaning if you don't you better return this for a refund when you try this on your mother in law

Besides immortality is a curse in disguise.

top topics

join