It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt, Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
Is their any link between the pyramids in Giza and the pyramids built by the Aztecs? Or is this just coincidence?

Thanks

Or the Toltecs or Mayans or Incans....
They all had them at one point in time

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueOne
What would we do without the "party line"? Perhaps you know Philip Klass?

According to your source, there are "2 million blocks of stone" -- not "million".

Sorry, that's my spelling mistake. My calculations did have 2*10^6 = 2 million.

The original topic was about the "true purpose", not ramblings such as "The pyramids were probably monuments for the pharaos. I agree that there is not much evidence they were used as a tomb . . ." etc.

It is the best hypothesis. There is a clear evolution from small mastaba to pyramids. Mastaba were used as tombs and monuments. "Excavations of Zoser�s Step Pyramid reveal that many changes in design occurred during its construction. First, an unusual square mastaba was built in the unusual material of stone. Then it was added to, in various stages, until it became rectangular, then built upwards to become a four step pyramid, then extended on two sides and upwards to become a six step pyramid, which was its final form. All of this indicates that there was no sudden infusion of new ideas from �somewhere else� that suddenly changed �primitive� Egyptians into brilliant engineers and stonemasons, a theory beloved of the more irrational speculators on matters Egyptian." (source)

You state that "The pyramids are by no means too perfect for ancient 'struction' methods. You can use ropes with sticks to create straight lines." REALLY?
Yet, your own source states that "it is not known how the blocks were put in place" ...and "The maximum error between side lengths is astonishingly less than 0.1%" ... plus "the interior stones fit so well, a card won't fit between them"!

The funny thing with ropes is that if you put one between two sticks you get a straight line. Straight enough for a 0.1% difference. That's a difference of:

229 m * 0.001 = 0,229 m = 22,9 cm.

In my opinion this is easily possible with ropes and good trained engineers (or their egyptain equivalent).

You conclude that there is "absolutely no evidence of an earlier advanced civilization." Would you like to bet on that? Read Hancock, et al.

I would. Unless you count monuments build thousands of years and thousands of kilometres apart mirroring different constellations not that well as evidence of an ancient civilization. The pyramids in Egypt and South America were build thousands of years apart and for different purposes. The cultures just both used the most most easy and stable structure for their buildings.

Since it seems you have read Hancock better than me, please give any other evidence of an ancient civilization.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by amantine]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The Anasazi aren't exactly "young" and they built some pretty impressive dwellings

www.desertusa.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiesAllLies
Cna anyone shed light on what the true purpose of the Pyramids really are?

The Egyptians themselves (of that time) left many records about them (along with the remains of the huge cities of workmen that built them. They are the burial places of the (Pharoahs); smaller ones of them are for queens. Furthermore, there are prayers for the dead pharohs (mentioning them by name) on the burial complexes outside the pyramids as well as within some of them.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

www.egyptologyonline.com...

Here's a nice review of how they developed over time and includes pictures of other pyramids and dates when they were built:

You can see artifacts (from the earliest excavations to modern excavations) here:
www.mfa.org...

Not all the kingly burials were done in monuments, though it had been a tradition for milennia. Earlier forms of the pyramid, from the mastaba to the step pyramid also exist:
www.osirisnet.net...

You can see a good list of them here (and some EXCELLENT pictures of interiors and settings):
www.osirisnet.net...

I have looked a lil bit over the net and found maps saying they are near nothing of importance... Why build somehting so unique and huge and monumental with out a place to put it?

NOWadays they're near "nothing important"... except the city of Cairo. 3,000-1500 years ago, these were huge cities; huge temple complexes, and they were all devoted to the Gods of Egypt, including the Pharohs.

This is a reconstruction of the area. Note that you could put an average American city in about the same amount of space:
www-oi.uchicago.edu...

Here's a more understandable map... but the scale isn't given:

There's all sorts of wireframes on that page:
www-oi.uchicago.edu...

It wasn't in the center of Egyptian trade or in the capital.... but in the middle of the desert.

You're seeing it through today's eyes and not how it really looks:
www.mfa.org...

It's huge. It was oriented toward the rising sun (very important in their religion.) They built it out there because it was the ONLY convenient space across from Cairo. They couldn't have built it in the city itself; the monuments and so forth would have pushed out everyone and everything else, so they did the next best thing and started a NEW city across from Cairo: The City of the Dead (necropolis) and it existed specifically for worship purposes.

Here's a list of other pyramids, mastabas, and tombs:
www.ancient-egypt.org...

(and this is just an interesting page on the crowns and symbols: www.egyptologyonline.com... )

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There is only one man in the world who, by demonstration, has supported the claim, I know the secret of how the pyramids of Egypt were built!

Who was he? Edward Leedskalnin

The man is now deceased.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiesAllLies
Cna anyone shed light on what the true purpose of the Pyramids really are? other than that kings of egypt wanted them built? why? I have looked a lil bit over the net and found maps saying they are near nothing of importance... Why build somehting so unique and huge and monumental with out a place to put it? It wasn't in the center of Egyptian trade or in the capital.... but in the middle of the desert.

I believe they are the three three edged seals God put above Adam, Abel and Eve's graves, as written in the Revelation of Mosche. I'll see if I can dig up an online text. Please remind me if I forget it.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There is only one man in the world who, by demonstration, has supported the claim, I know the secret of how the pyramids of Egypt were built!

Who was he? Edward Leedskalnin

The man is now deceased.

According to "jdankanyin" in their forum, this was how he did it, and then possibly also how "the Egyptians" did it:

"Hello this is how he exactly built it.First he got the forula of the magneticism of the plant earth at his spot then he used loadstone on top of his tripod that was the same then when he place it over the spot with the same magnetic field anything in there would not have any gravity .It is like taking a magnet and putting another magnet against it and it repeles it.Also the building of stone hedge was used and the pyrimids were all done that way.also coral is very electromagnetic in nature since florida is lighting capitol of the world."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
must say.... Rougeone....

nice post that coral castle is F'in Awsome...
it really does make you wonder about the ablity of human's when we put our mind's to something.

now on to the pyramid's..
i myself do not belive the common it was built for the pharo's thing.... it may have been built in part for the pharo's and the latter ones more especially..
but the giza pyramids have more to them in my view..
the sphyinx has errosion due to water... so assuming this it must be older then the 4500bc common acception
unfortionately.

i feel myself though. we wont find out exactly how old...
exactly what purpose. and exactly who built them and why.. for a very long time

and if its the legendary hall of records..... we may not ever know..

afterall look how fast we have advanced since say the late 1800's must admit we have had a conveniante leap of technology in the last 100+ years.... again be it alien's or ancient atlanten tech... we will probably never know... because people are out their that dont want us to know

another addition of my 2 cents ... sorry too lazy to go searching or links today

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by CanadaCANfight]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is annother thing that people routinely forget about Egypt. At the time the pyramids were built it was a very lush place and not like the desert it is today. Egypt was a splendor in its day as was most of North Africa.

I was fortunate to be in North Africa in the Atlas Mountains and I wondered how the hell anyone can survive in such a place, but they do.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
"Hello this is how he exactly built it.First he got the forula of the magneticism of the plant earth at his spot then he used loadstone on top of his tripod that was the same then when he place it over the spot with the same magnetic field anything in there would not have any gravity .It is like taking a magnet and putting another magnet against it and it repeles it.Also the building of stone hedge was used and the pyrimids were all done that way.also coral is very electromagnetic in nature since florida is lighting capitol of the world."

This isn't a good explanation. First, the magnetic field of the earth is way to small to lift a large stone, even if the stone is magnetic. Second, the stones used in the pyramids are non-magnetic. Third, even if there are places where the magnetic field is strong enough to lift a stone, you can't move the stone, because it would be out of the field and fall down.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Is their any link between the pyramids in Giza and the pyramids built by the Aztecs? Or is this just coincidence?

No link between them and not really a coincidence either, it is really just a logical outcome.

- You want to build a large structure
- You are working with stone.
- you have no machinery, cranes, etc...

What are your choices for the form of this large structure you wish to build? Hmmm, a pyramid and... ???

A pyramid is a naturally stable structure, each level built providing a ready made access ramp to the next level. There is no need to look for mysterious links between civilizations, or a unifying plan behind the different pyramids around the world if you just stop and think a moment that under the circumstances a pyramid was really the only thing the COULD build.

I would be much more impressed and open to ideas of advanced technologies or other 'assistance' in the creation of these monuments if, perhaps, they were huge cubes, or perhaps cones with perfectly circuler bases.

Also, When comparing the egyptian pyramids with those of Central/South America - they aren't really all that similar. For example the Aztec's were steppe pyramids with stairs up the side allowing acces to a flat top upon which temples were built.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donner
I would be much more impressed and open to ideas of advanced technologies or other 'assistance' in the creation of these monuments if, perhaps, they were huge cubes, or perhaps cones with perfectly circuler bases.

These were created by human hands....

www.ku.edu...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

think maybe these people had some form of telepathy, because from what I have heard and found so far, it's impossible to say they had a method of constructing these perfect pyramids
by morrison.

Its called not telepathy but telekenisis. Another theory is that they used a sort of sonic chant to raise the blocks. I read it in a German Paranormal mag.

I dont think its just coincedence that they are under Orion Seeing how they worshiped the god like Osiris which is Orion.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Water is pretty heavy when you get enough of it. Could it be that they used the Nile when they flooded it to lift the stones in place? Both Egyptians and the Azteks and similar "pyramid cultures" were experts with water, channels etc. Or what it they built the rocks on site? That they crushed the sandstone into sand and used water and flour to bind it together most like we make cement today? Can they proove that the stones are infact carved out of the mountain, moved and placed there, or could it be that they molded them on site, using some special technique to make them? Like layer uppon layer, like sandstone forms naturally in Nature?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
what y'all seem to be missing is the relevence of the measurements and sacred geometric ratios, the name pyramid(pi 3.14, ra-the sun god, mid-dunno), the postition on the earth's geomagnetic grid(as in ley lines and earth chakras), the fact that it is hermetically sealed(as in hermes/thoth), that there are chemical deposits on the inside(i forget what, but i got the impression it was similiar to battery acid when it leaks out, you know, the white flaky foamy stuff) and the obsession with rituals of ascension that the egyptians had.

www.greatdreams.com... check this amazing site out and don't listen to byrd's 'debunking' claims. nothing has been debunked except reality.

tombs indeed.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

These were created by human hands....

www.ku.edu...

Yes, but I was refering to something on the scale of the Pyramids, specifically in regards to connectinos between the Egyption and central/south American pyramids.

My point was that finding pyramids built by two civilizations seprated by an ocean does not nessecarily mean there is some connecting force between the two civs. It simply means each reached the same logical conclusion when they undertook the building of a large stone structure. My examples of cubic or conical structures are definately NOT the most logical choices when considering the building materials and technology we can presently ascribe to them, so finding one of these on either side of the atlantic would give me much more reason to suspect some kind of connection between the two.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
www.greatdreams.com... check this amazing site out and don't listen to byrd's 'debunking' claims. nothing has been debunked except reality.

These use modern units, like degrees, miles, seconds, minutes when there is no proof that the egyptians used these units.

Now, if we multiply . . . 32 deg x 57 min x 28.8 sec . . . using the "numbers only" . . . we will be multiplying 32 x 57 x 28.8 . . . for a product of 52531.2. At this point, we look through the matrix to see if there is a figure "close to" 52531.2 . . . and we find such a figure in the number 52562.89164 . . . which turns out to encode the 'product' of certain math constants and a certain astronomical/geometric number, the multiplied product of . . .

RAD (deg) x Pi x 2Pi x Square Root of 2160 = 52562.89164

I can find better numbers than that. Not only are they about 31 off the real number, but they also use radiants and degrees, both units that the egyptians did not use. I don't really know how they decided to use 2160, but apparently it's a certain astronomical/geometric number.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The great thing about math is how universal it is. You can use a foot, meter, inch, the length of your arm, or the cubit (which is what they've determined the egyptians used).

Make an equation using inches, then make the centimeter conversion, and use the same equation. Now, when you take that answer and convert it back to inches, you will have the same as before :-) Simple stuff, man... simple stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It simply means each reached the same logical conclusion when they undertook the building of a large stone structure.

Aztec city and pyramid
www.helgi.dsl.pipex.com...

Ziggurat at UR (drawing)
luna.cas.usf.edu...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
The great thing about math is how universal it is. You can use a foot, meter, inch, the length of your arm, or the cubit (which is what they've determined the egyptians used).

Make an equation using inches, then make the centimeter conversion, and use the same equation. Now, when you take that answer and convert it back to inches, you will have the same as before :-) Simple stuff, man... simple stuff.

This one works when you use only one unit. The article devides miles by degrees, etc. Then you get different results.

They also predict things directly from the outcome of calculations with modern units. No ancients units or fractions. An example is multiplying 60 stones with 360 degrees = 21600. This number is used to predict something.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join