It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Quake Strikes Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The only thing I got from that Cropcircles website is that the sun and Venus converge on 8/18. Is there something else that's supposed to happen?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have a feeling that we are in for even more big quakes in the near term. Things started out in Japan, worked down to Indonesia, now over to Peru, next stop California? Oh and August 18 is my birthday, so nothing bad happen please.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There was another post here at ATS saying that a nuke attack was going to happen on August 6th, that was my birthday, nothing happened. Happy birthday two days early.

Now MSNBC is reporting over 400 killed and it was a magnitude 8.

This is so terrible.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
USGS list of recent events

Latest earthquakes worldwide (past 7 days)

hope they work for everyone.

[edit on 16/8/07 by Pfeil]

Thanks for the link. I was going to ask if there was a map of recent activity.As I suspected the pacific slab(ring of fire) has been busy.

Seems poor Peru is getting rocked.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is really terrible. I'm feeling very sorry for all the people in Peru.

I just visited the bbc news website and some eyewitnesses reported flashing lights in the sky during the earthquake. Can anybody here tell me if this is a natural phenomena during severe earthquakes and if yes what is is called and what causes it?

Juliet

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
I just visited the bbc news website and some eyewitnesses reported flashing lights in the sky during the earthquake. Can anybody here tell me if this is a natural phenomena during severe earthquakes and if yes what is is called and what causes it?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
cnn is fast at work freaking people out.
i am watching now and they just got done having some 'expert' talk about how california is over due for the 'big one' by about 50 years and it is due anytime. of course she said damage will be in the hundreds of billions and loss of life with be in the thousands.

they're talking about the fault line and where it is going to start.

this friggin thing in peru just happened and the news already has the big california quake all mapped out.

the expert said it will be like a 7.9 mag but the key is the length. she said something about th eone in th e90's lasting 7 seconds but this one that is coming will last about 2 minutes.

they LOVE to trip people out.
how bout just report the news for now ya know?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I guess I should have qualified my comments as speculation on someone else's part. I am at no time claiming this is my prediction. If I gave anyone the impression, I apologize.

The Youtube comments had someone from South America claiming that the fleet was moving from the coast towards the mountains - by the dozens (as is evident in the video). This individual claimed that they were warning of impending danger like an earthquake or tsunami. Just seems weird that 2 months or so later this horrible tragedy has come to pass.

I will try to locate the exact entry and post here.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just want to note that even though the cellular phones went down, the radio phones went down, the landline phones went down and in some areas the power went out.

BUT threw all of technological ways to communicated VONAGE STILL WORKED!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. sorry i work for the company.
WOO HOO WOO HOO lmao

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OK, found it.
www.youtube.com...

**Edit: sorry I thought the link would directly take you to that comment page. Please go to the page no. 25 for this particular entry.(That page number can change later if more people leave comments ...)**

Look for posts from "szabadgabor".

I should revise my earlier point about earthquakes and tsnuamis. I think I added (from memory) the earthquake portion through association with tsunami. While what this person is claiming can be considered as a broad prediction, especially if the area is prone to quakes and/or tsunamis. However, he may merely be stating his opinion from past observation (see page 26/next page for older posts).

The point is, is it possible that - assuming that the Lima UFO fleet sighting was real, it was warning of this impending disaster?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by 2believeor0]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Also, could someone who understands Spanish, give a gist of what the other posters are saying in response to his post. I am wondering if someone from Peru is corroborating his claim or maybe deying it ...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
I just want to note that even though the cellular phones went down, the radio phones went down, the landline phones went down and in some areas the power went out.

BUT threw all of technological ways to communicated VONAGE STILL WORKED!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. sorry i work for the company.
WOO HOO WOO HOO lmao

Unbelievable! Hundreds of people have lost their lives, children will become orphaned, families devastated, and you think it is humorous?
How so? Would it be as funny if your family was lying beneath the rubble?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2believeor0

Sure thing sir.

they said in all the years they have been there. This has never appeared. They are also saying its a possible UFO etc... The video was captured by there local news channel. They noted that this is the first major sighting ever recorded. The majority of the conversation was just blowing the issue up. that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Tragedies happen everyday. If it happened to me i would not expect you to cry about it. I would expect you to move on worry about your on life. When 9/11 happened did they lower there flags? Did they support or show sympathy for our problems? no, so i take it like any other citizen. I have enough issues to worry about with Bush.

Dont get me wrong. I am from Peru but im not gonna stop my life in its track for the tragedy. sorry. but i did like the fact Vonage was the only phone that worked. its good pr

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
According to Linda Moulton Howe, there have been a series of lights over fields around the world lasting about 90 seconds, and afterwards, there have been crop circles found all indicating some event on 8/18/07.

I guess they've all been analyzed and found to add up to 18- like a countdown.

I have no idea what it is. I'm not going to make myself sick trying to understand it either. My nerves are shot.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Katie Couric (sp?) reports on CBS news that it's an 8.0 and 455 count on the death toll, with dozens of aftershocks. Just saw it on tv.

Last nights C2C second guest Jim Berkland says that the reason the quake would be bumped up to an 8.0 was because of the time it lasted.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

I agree with the need to move on and everything. But a tragedy such as this or 9/11 should not be a reason to pat your back and say "our product rocks!"

Compassion is what is keeping this world somewhat liveable. The day we stop caring for what happens to others is the day humanity will die (if it hasn't already).

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

Maybe this is a wake up call to all countries with poor housing. The reason the death toll is high is because the housing was poor. The construction was poor. We have to send some natives from mexico to path that place up. It will be up in a month or two better then before.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

With that being said. How much do you donate to kids in africa?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

ok ill take it as nothing. I rest my case. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join