It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Quake Strikes Peru

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
According to a News website from Lima, in Spanish, i can tell you they say there are at least 550 dead and thousands hurt.
They are also afraid of an epidemic breaking out.

I tried to post the link so you could see some pictures, but for some reason i'm not able to

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
here in Belgium they spoke of 1 earthquake and 9 aftershocks
just to let you now. Cause who is telling the truth now?
Since our belgium press gets their info off cnn, and I have the biggest doubts about the honesty off cnn, ... (you do the math about what i'm thinking)

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pelebaut

Truthfully, go to this page and you can tally them up for yourself. Quite a few there.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

I dont recall appointing you as my representative, and to answer your question I donate more than you fleece from people's tragedies.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Please let's refrain from off topic remarks here. Persoanl converstions can be carried on via u2us.
No need to discuss Bush, 9/11 or personal finance/fleecing.

The topic is the earthquake in Peru, please.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
THIS JUST IN

Aftershock 6.0 on the scale
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
not sure if this should be its own discussion ... but i see it as relevant if anything ... (first time poster)

Earthquake in Peru: STRANGE LIGHTS IN THE SKY:

Heya everyone, not sure if anyone has seen this but i just saw this on youtube about strange lights in the sky... plz take a look!

es.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by swordsaint]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by swordsaint

I've heard about these in other quakes, here's a bit of info on the lights.

Earthquake Lights
Earthquake Lights

The lights are most evident in the middle of an earthquake, although there are reports of lights that occurred after or even before the earthquake, as in the 1976 Tangshan earthquake. They usually have shapes similar to those of the auroras and are white to bluish in hue, but occasionally they have been reported to have a wider color spectrum. The luminosity is typically visible for several seconds, but there have been cases in which they lasted tens of minutes.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Another video showing lights in Peru during the earhtquake (from 00:45 on)

www.youtube.com...

In another video, ufologists relates the ufos with the earthquackes. They are saying that the big fleet that appeared in May were there to prevent a worse disaster.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Earthquakes happen, thats life , aliens dont prevent them or warn about them , if they do theyre making a pretty bad job of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
the "whole lights in the sky" issue after-during-before and earthquake is kinda an old tale on which kids are being told by their parents, the last big quake that I´ve felt was santiago 1985 and I was too young to remember it, we had some big ones on the capital above 6, but nothing too destructive

I didn´t felt the quake, some ppl on regions at the north near peru did, some say that they felt a little motion here, I didn´t

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
I just want to note that even though the cellular phones went down, the radio phones went down, the landline phones went down and in some areas the power went out.

BUT threw all of technological ways to communicated VONAGE STILL WORKED!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. sorry i work for the company.
WOO HOO WOO HOO lmao

LOL I got vonage. I probabably live in one of the safeste areas in the country, and my cable is always out.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anybody take note of the recent seismic activity that happened in several areas worldwide hours apart? i think they said peru got hit,brazil,japan,indonesia and in california, all of them allegedly 6.0 and higher....If I remember correctly japan got hit with a 7.0'r and like I said, ALL of these quakes happen in the same day. Maybe this is the wrong forum for this particular thread but doesnt that seem far beyond the normal? AND if anyone knows the specific thread this info is dedicated to I'd appreciate the redirection. My first estimation was a generally significant fluctuation or ripple effect amongst the plates....like one moved just so much to transfer momentum or something to a corresponding plate with enough force to repeat the event enough times to make it all the way around the globe....seems far fetched,I know but the other and less likely situation I thought up was a massive test of H.A.A.R.P. capabilities....thanks for any input in advance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join