It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Quake Strikes Peru

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is now being said it was a 7.9!!!!

Watches and warnings as far up the pacific coast as ALASKA!!! and Hawaii

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here's the link for the revised magnatude
earthquake.usgs.gov...

and the IRIS monitor
www.iris.edu...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Now reported 17 deceased and also 7.9 in this CNN report:

Deadly earthquake strikes Peru; tsunami warning issued

(CNN) -- A magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck off the coast of central Peru on Wednesday evening, killing 17 people and leaving 70 hurt, Peruvian media reported.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
ALL WARNINGS AND WATCHES now CANCELLED.

We're all safe from tidal waves.

Good news.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi All,
There is a Tsunami advisory in effect for Hawaii at this time...

Please see this link from CNN..

www.cnn.com...

Here is part of the news story...

"Meanwhile, tsunami warnings and watches issued after the quake for several Central and South American countries were canceled Wednesday night, but a tsunami advisory for Hawaii was not.

The advisory means there is no immediate threat, but the situation is being monitored.

"An evaluation of the Pacific-wide tsunami threat is under way, and there is a possibility that Hawaii could be elevated to a watch or warning status," the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in an advisory issued about 9:30 p.m. ET.

"If tsunami waves impact Hawaii, their estimated earliest arrival time is 2:14 a.m." Thursday, or 8:14 a.m. ET."

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
From what I understand all tsunami warnings from this event in the entire Pacific Basin have been canceled. There was a tsunami generated from the quake, but it was only about 12 inches high.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
From what I understand all tsunami warnings from this event in the entire Pacific Basin have been canceled. There was a tsunami generated from the quake, but it was only about 12 inches high.

It is an "Advisory" for Hawaii, not a warning...They will just have to wait and see tonight...scary...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just saw on USGS that we had a 6.5 earthquake up here in the Aleutians three hours before the Peru earthquake...Crazy!!

Here is the link...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
At least 48 killed...

Powerful quake rattles Peru, killing at least 48 - Summary

In Ica, a church had also collapsed, and many of the city's fatalities were caused when its cupola fell.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2007/8/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There was a 6.3 in Peru a few minutes ago. All the aftershocks so far had been under 6.0.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Darth Cheesecake]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Weird thing is that the Lima sighting (dont know how true it was) from a couple months back led someone to say (on youtube) that the UFO fleet seemed to be warning of exactly such a danger. Coincidence?

I think the youtube link is this one:
www.youtube.com...

A couple of ATS threads here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wow, there have been many earthquakes lately. I can't remember a time in my life when in such a small span of time so many large earth quakes have happen. I hope that each big earth quake is skaing the earth a little leading to a bigger one and so on...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
USGS list of recent events

Latest earthquakes worldwide (past 7 days)

hope they work for everyone.

[edit on 16/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
Weird thing is that the Lima sighting (dont know how true it was) from a couple months back led someone to say (on youtube) that the UFO fleet seemed to be warning of exactly such a danger. Coincidence?

How could the fleet be warning of an earthquake?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
337 killed... and a church collapsed

BBC: Scores killed by Peru earthquake

A powerful 7.9 earthquake has hit the coast of Peru, killing at least 337 people and injuring hundreds, Peru's civil defence institute has said.

[---]

Local TV reports said many of the dead and injured in Ica had been celebrating evening mass when the church they were in collapsed.

[---]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Wow, there have been many earthquakes lately. I can't remember a time in my life when in such a small span of time so many large earth quakes have happen.
There are a bunch of planets perfectly aligned at the moment- that always brings chaos. Also, see Earthfiles.com, about crop circles pointing to AUGUST 18. Its like a countdown.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
August 18th? But that's my last day at work!

And hey, it might be my last day on Earth as well. Who knows. >_>

But yeah, currently watching CNN for details on the Peru earthquake. 337 dead, 1,350 hurt, and yet I bet this will get less overall coverage than Paris Hilton when she was released from jail.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Probably Sonic, its disgusting. If I worked for the media and tried to push for this story to be covered, to no avail, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Whats the August 18th date mean .... is there some kind of prediction linked to this date ?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.earthfiles.com

Some kind of count down to the 18th of August.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join