It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the garden of Eden was a prison ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I was just thinking that, they were told to do certain things and they coudlnt leave unless they did some thing wrong, and that they couldnt survive out side the garden. sounds liek propoganda for imprisonment, or they were telling the truth and God in all his mercy throw them out and let them die, one or the other.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
To me, the whole "Eden" story is basically relating the fall of man from spiritual stature into the physical realm. We are in prison now. We are imprisoned by physical limitations and inevitable death.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
if it was a prison then why would they be sent out if they did something wrong? seems a little backwards.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First show us proof that there was a "garden of eden" and then we can debate the fact if it was a prison or not. Otherwise this is pointless specualtion without any merit.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
yer it does seem backwards, but sending them out of paradise and into the baron lands to die wasnt really that mercy full from the great....well im not going to say what i think of him, any way, if he excists that wasnt a nice god that day. They were in Eden, they couldnt leave with out being thrown out, they were confined in the 4 walls so to say, isnt that what a prison is ?

I dont knwo if the was a Garden and frankly i dont care, religion is a waste fo time i think, i just want to see how this topic ends up. If im wrong and there was a garden, was a prision ?

Take Care, Vix

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Vixion]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Have you ever read anything about the Raelian society? I don't know much about them myself but I did read one of the original books written by Rael himself. The first half explains about the garden of Eden & it had explanations for some other biblical "stories" too. i.e. Noah's Ark was a space station that had a collection of plant life and a DNA bank of every species. I'm sure it mentioned that Eden was a prison armed with beam weapons etc. Sounds outlandish but when I read it I found it quite believable till I got to the other end of the book, then it got really "way out". & that put me off.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
way out ? as in a man coming back from the dead way out ? yer i wouldnt believe a book like that either.........

I carnt see me posting that up going well lol

Do you have a link to those books on internet ? i would really liek to read them.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
if your goal was to debate the nature of god then you should have said so. =)

*puts on flame retardant suit*

i personally believe that any god that behaves the way it is portrayed in the bible doesn't deserve to be worshipped. chronic temper tantrums involving mass destruction and punishment of the race he created and claims to love unconditionally.

if my son decided he wasn't going to become a doctor even though i really wanted him to, i wouldn't kill him and his siblings. that rationale doesn't fit with any enlightened consciousness. i know that's a weak analogy but the essence of the argument is sound IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i
i personally believe that any god that behaves the way it is portrayed in the bible doesn't deserve to be worshipped. chronic temper tantrums involving mass destruction and punishment of the race he created and claims to love unconditionally.

In my honest opinion, most of what is written about in the Old Testament was attributed to God to make the people who committed the deeds feel better about themselves. "Well, it was the will of God that we kill women and children; therefore, it is okay." The Old Testament is not a very good representation of what God is like, at least not the God I know.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ive just 'googled' the raelian beliefs, and ..............

The purported extraterrestrial gave a materialistic explanation of the Garden of Eden, a large laboratory based on a terraformed continent.

Noah ark a spaceship that preserves biological DNA so that plants and animals could be resurrected through cloning.

I hoinestly think that raelian is alot better then the bible, i think i would rather believe the raelian way.

take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
when you think about it, Adam and Eve had the whole of the garden of Eden to themselves and they couldn't leave so I guess you could call it a prison of sorts.
But then there are 6billion of us who share Earth today and we can't leave here for better or worse.
So I guess all these years later we really aren't all that better off.
Humans aren't as free as we like to believe.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well we can leave, to qoute some very famous words " we have the technology", i think the bulk is kepyt form us, but we can get out amonst the stars, well kinda, to leave this topic for one moment - Pioneer, set up in the 1970's trying to get out of our solar sytem but some thing isnt letting it leave (litraly) a force will not let it leave our solar system, any way back to Eden, it was/is and always will be a prision.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
I was just thinking that, they were told to do certain things and they coudlnt leave unless they did some thing wrong, and that they couldnt survive out side the garden. sounds liek propoganda for imprisonment, or they were telling the truth and God in all his mercy throw them out and let them die, one or the other.

Take Care, Vix

here is an interesting take on the whole "garden" metaphor.

www.michaelsharp.org...

its not quite orthodox, by a long shot, but doesn't play into the whole you're broken sinners ejected from the eden argument. an intersesting twist

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It sounds good, unorthadox ...is putting it nicly, but still, good.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
It sounds good, unorthadox ...is putting it nicly, but still, good.

Take Care, Vix

lol. ya well orthodox sux. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Jim, I agree.. I tell people, I may be Christian in the sense that I believe in Christ, but I certainly am not an orthodox Christian.. If I lived during the times of the inquisition, I would have been burnt as a "heretic" a thousand times over.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
yeah, in my opinion anything is possible.

IF you believe any of the Old Testament, God seemed to be pissed off a lot and pretty reactionary.
For those that dared defy the Lord there was hell to pay alright.
Lots of smyting going on and then Jesus comes onto the scene and all is forgiven, turn the other cheek etc etc despite the bad deeds done.
A mighty change of behaviour.
Perhaps even God has gone through a transition/maturity type of things over the years.
Now it's all ' come unto me my child, all is forgiven'..

I heard a similar story from my parents once after being naughty.
Lets just say I couldn't sit down for a week.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Vix,
There were two important trees in the garden. Your forgetting the tree of life. A symbol for Jesus. If the couple had eaten from that tree, the whole Earth would probably have been transformed into paradise, seeing that the devil would have been eternally defeated!!!
But No!!! They did as they pleased and now we have our Earth as it is. and they were cast out of the garden before they could eat of that tree and live forever as mutants!

Now we have Jesus, Eve's descendant who crushed Satans head at Calvary by dying for us, so that we could get back into the Garden(New Jerusalem)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

"He lied to us, Trinity. He tricked us. If you'd have told us the truth, we would have told you to shove that red pill."

"Free? You call this free? All I do is what he tells me to do. If I had to choose between that and the Matrix, I choose the Matrix."
--Cypher

The Matrix was sort of a Garden of Eden. Everything was easy and simple and abundant and all yours, as long as you didn't push the boundaries.

You want Knowledge? You want more than being a Sim in Gods Game?
Then you have to eat the Red Fruit, take the Red Pill.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Vix,
There were two important trees in the garden. Your forgetting the tree of life. A symbol for Jesus. If the couple had eaten from that tree, the whole Earth would probably have been transformed into paradise, seeing that the devil would have been eternally defeated!!!
But No!!! They did as they pleased and now we have our Earth as it is. and they were cast out of the garden before they could eat of that tree and live forever as mutants!

Now we have Jesus, Eve's descendant who crushed Satans head at Calvary by dying for us, so that we could get back into the Garden(New Jerusalem)

AW! Git er dun, Clear Skies! That's exactly what I was going to say. But you said it so much better! Eden was far from a prison. It was described as a paradise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join